Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2012, 08:29 PM   #481
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
I like this!

"Throughout the night, the Universal Studios Lagoon will play host, visually, to several horrifying tributes complete with choreographed fountains, lasers and light. From its murky depths, atmospheric homages to Alfred Hitchcock, the Universal Classic Monsters, Alice Cooper and The Child’s Play series will invade our guests’ senses as they experience all the terrifying thrills HHN22 has to offer."

Youtube clip of the show from last night - they say it went on at 9:45P

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P22HY4-72c
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:24 PM   #482
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
Youtube clip of the show from last night - they say it went on at 9:45P
The rain ended down there around that time. It didn't stop raining at my house (about 20 minutes north of Universal) until just after 11pm. When I was there the screens weren't up so I'm glad the show went on.
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-22-2012, 09:44 PM   #483
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
The rain ended down there around that time. It didn't stop raining at my house (about 20 minutes north of Universal) until just after 11pm. When I was there the screens weren't up so I'm glad the show went on.
I'm hoping due to the rain they cancelled the fireworks and will have them on other nights. Was also wondering if they run the show more than once during the evening. Maybe at the end of the night again.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 10:57 AM   #484
cbsnyber1
Baxter the zzzzzzz Corgi Wonderdog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycaon View Post
Is anyone else here playing the Horror Unearthed game on the site? Which Legion did you join? I went with the Maschorians. We aren't doing so well, but I don't care... we're awesome
I'm playing it but not too happy with the scoring - it often doesn't add points correctly. I, not knowing what I was doing, joined the Strengoit (sounds like a foot disease).

I noticed some got a badge for "visiting House of Horrors". Any idea how you get that one? I followed the Houses link to HoH, but got nothing on my profile for that.

"The problem is not that some set the bar too high and miss it, it's that some set the bar too low and hit it"

cbsnyber1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:27 AM   #485
Lycaon
Lurking Beastie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbsnyber1 View Post
I noticed some got a badge for "visiting House of Horrors". Any idea how you get that one? I followed the Houses link to HoH, but got nothing on my profile for that.
I'm pretty sure you have to get a Passcard at the event (get them at Rentals on event nights) and scan it at the House of Horrors house. You get points and achievements for each house you visit in-park. I've also heard that starting next Thursday, quests and challenges will become available in-park with the Passcards.

October 1995 - WDW (all parks), Sea World, US
October 4-11, 2010 - EPCOT, DHS, US/IOA, HHN XX (first HHN!)
October 5-10, 2011 - US/IOA, HHN XXI
October 3-8, 2012 - US/IOA, HHN XXII
Lycaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 09:44 AM   #486
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

I finally had a chance to experience the Horror Unearthed game. I joined the Baccanoid.

Plans to skip HHNs this year in favor of attending the Christmas holiday activities.
patster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:19 PM   #487
Rip
Proud Redhead

Am I missing something, or are there only 3 things on that Horror Unearthed game?
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:33 PM   #488
Lycaon
Lurking Beastie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
Am I missing something, or are there only 3 things on that Horror Unearthed game?
For now, yes. In-park stuff should begin this weekend, and at least three more online games will be added in the future.

October 1995 - WDW (all parks), Sea World, US
October 4-11, 2010 - EPCOT, DHS, US/IOA, HHN XX (first HHN!)
October 5-10, 2011 - US/IOA, HHN XXI
October 3-8, 2012 - US/IOA, HHN XXII
Lycaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:11 PM   #489
glocon
DIS Veteran

Have any of you veteran HHN go-ers gone on a Thursday early in October? Just trying to gauge how long it will take to get through the houses. How long do you *think* it would take both with and without express passes? I know it depends on the crowds that day~ just trying to figure out a ball park number.

We will be there on Oct 11 if that is any help.

Thanks!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:57 PM   #490
thumbalyna
DIS Veteran

I could be ( correct me if i am) but isnt that either the beginning or middle of hell week?
Past Trips:1981 Off Site -1987 Off Site - 1996 AS Sports - 1997 Howard Johnson Enchanted Land - 1998 Celebrity Resorts - 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH - 2007 Sheraton Vistana and HRH - 2008 Parkway International and RPR - 2009 AS Sports - 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas
thumbalyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 07:49 AM   #491
glocon
DIS Veteran

From what I remember reading on another post, Hell Week starts the next week, so I guess maybe that weekend would be the official start. I don't know, never been there during those weeks. Would that impact a Thursday do you think? Hope not!!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 08:37 AM   #492
thumbalyna
DIS Veteran

Crowds usually start to pick up that night. Or at least in 2010 it did
Past Trips:1981 Off Site -1987 Off Site - 1996 AS Sports - 1997 Howard Johnson Enchanted Land - 1998 Celebrity Resorts - 2001 Westgate Towers and HRH - 2007 Sheraton Vistana and HRH - 2008 Parkway International and RPR - 2009 AS Sports - 2010 Westgate Vacation Villas
thumbalyna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 09:28 AM   #493
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by thumbalyna View Post
I could be ( correct me if i am) but isnt that either the beginning or middle of hell week?
No...Hell Week this year is the next two weeks...10/11 is safe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glocon View Post
Have any of you veteran HHN go-ers gone on a Thursday early in October? Just trying to gauge how long it will take to get through the houses. How long do you *think* it would take both with and without express passes? I know it depends on the crowds that day~ just trying to figure out a ball park number.

We will be there on Oct 11 if that is any help.

Thanks!
It's really hard to guess at wait times on any night of HHN because of different factors. If the weather is bad...like it was for me Friday night...you should have relatively short waits. But if the weather is good, you'll have much longer waits. Historically crowds are lower early in the month so if you're going on a Thursday night, early in the month it shouldn't be too bad. If you are really concerned about wait times, I suggestion is to purchase the EP for that night. Otherwise...it's anyone's guess about wait times.
Old 09-26-2012, 05:12 PM   #494
glocon
DIS Veteran

I'm thinking ep's will be the way to go. Don't want to risk missing anything. We can start out in standby lines if the waits aren't too bad, than use the ep when the waits get longer. Do the ep's work for the rides that are running that night also?
Old 09-26-2012, 05:19 PM   #495
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by glocon View Post
I'm thinking ep's will be the way to go. Don't want to risk missing anything. We can start out in standby lines if the waits aren't too bad, than use the ep when the waits get longer. Do the ep's work for the rides that are running that night also?

Yep. Nice thing about EPs is that if you really like the houses you hit without using them, you can do them again. Personally, if the standby is under 30 min, I save my EP and wait and then do it again.

ETA - Not to sound snobbish, but the reason EPs are priced the way they are is because, much like divorce, they are worth it.

(That's a play on an old joke, we are actually celebrating our 20th at HHN this year and I'm only 38).

Last edited by Rip; 09-26-2012 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Not ot sound "snobbish", but the reason that EPs are priced they way they are is the same as divorce. They are worth it.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: