Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #436
alebisi
DIS Veteran

Hi guys, I have a doubt and as you guys are such an experts on HHN I'll ask a newbie question. So I was wondering how do they let in people at the house, is there a constant line? or do they let you in by groups?
Is it at Disney where they ask you "a party of..?".
I'll be going with my boyfriend, he loves horror movies and here in Italy we don't have that type of events or celebrate halloween, on the other hand I'm a chicken so I wouldn't like to be separated from him.
I've read the houses are really dark are they that dark that you don't know where you are walking?
Can't wait to read about the first night, we'll be attending the 27th September.
I'm excited, but also REALLY frightened

Last edited by alebisi; 09-18-2012 at 06:25 PM.
alebisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 06:52 PM   #437
flbeachbumnut
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by alebisi View Post
Hi guys, I have a doubt and as you guys are such an experts on HHN I'll ask a newbie question. So I was wondering how do they let in people at the house, is there a constant line? or do they let you in by groups?
Is it at Disney where they ask you "a party of..?".
I'll be going with my boyfriend, he loves horror movies and here in Italy we don't have that type of events or celebrate halloween, on the other hand I'm a chicken so I wouldn't like to be separated from him.
I've read the houses are really dark are they that dark that you don't know where you are walking?
Can't wait to read about the first night, we'll be attending the 27th September.
I'm excited, but also REALLY frightened
Years ago they used to do groups but it is so big now they parade you through. If you get really lucky and get held up first in line at a cast change it is awsome because you get every scare in the house it seems. They try to rush you along if you slow down too much. My husband has a bad leg but is not wheel chair bound so we get yelled at a lot LOL
flbeachbumnut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-18-2012, 06:53 PM   #438
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

The houses use a conga line type of walk through. They don't ask about your party size...they just keep guiding people into the house.

Some of the houses are very dark...I've gotten lost before. But there are employees in the houses to make sure you don't go the wrong way.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:23 PM   #439
yaytezIOA
ioacentralveteran

For those who are not annual passholders, and not wanting to pay for a whole day, confirmed...SCREAM EARLY PASS....allows you to get into the park at 3p.m. and wait in the Stay and Scream area once the park closes. That means you have two hours to hang in the park, and then wait in the stay and scream area with the rest of us freaks for the park to open.

And merchandise has hit today...Walking Dead, Silent Hill...they have it all!
Old 09-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #440
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaytezIOA View Post
For those who are not annual passholders, and not wanting to pay for a whole day, confirmed...SCREAM EARLY PASS....allows you to get into the park at 3p.m. and wait in the Stay and Scream area once the park closes. That means you have two hours to hang in the park, and then wait in the stay and scream area with the rest of us freaks for the park to open.
WOW...that's something new! What's the pricing on the new ticket?
Old 09-18-2012, 10:39 PM   #441
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
it's $20 to be let in at 3:00.
valid for either park.

Last edited by macraven; 09-18-2012 at 10:53 PM.
macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:50 PM   #442
DJCorey01
I drive a Shrek Mobile

Quote:
The houses use a conga line type of walk through. They don't ask about your party size...they just keep guiding people into the house.

Some of the houses are very dark...I've gotten lost before. But there are employees in the houses to make sure you don't go the wrong way.
A friend and I got lost in a dark area once - we ended up walking through one of the curtains into a scareactor's hallway
DJCorey01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 04:30 AM   #443
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCorey01 View Post
A friend and I got lost in a dark area once - we ended up walking through one of the curtains into a scareactor's hallway
Yeah...that's what happened to me.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:57 AM   #444
momnum1
Working My Way Down!!!

Sorry if you guys have already addressed this, but I saw where they announced the Lagoon Show to play during HHN... but I thought I remembered there were some nights posted a while back that it would no be playing... do you think it will be every night?

Thanks!!!
momnum1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:01 AM   #445
WWEDUDE

I am in a head cast
Excuse me while i go punch something
Don't Rip Off Dis People

They've actually had that 20 dollar for admission at 2 ticket for quite a few years, but they haven't advertised it really until this year. I've always had to call and hope the cast member has heard about it. But it is a great ticket if you want to use stay and scream or if you are bringing a friend without an ap, etc.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:38 AM   #446
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by momnum1 View Post
Sorry if you guys have already addressed this, but I saw where they announced the Lagoon Show to play during HHN... but I thought I remembered there were some nights posted a while back that it would no be playing... do you think it will be every night?

Thanks!!!
It isn't the same movies as the Cinematic Spectacular. That will not be shown on HHN evenings. The lagoon show that will be on HHN nights will be tributes to horror.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 06:49 AM   #447
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEDUDE View Post
They've actually had that 20 dollar for admission at 2 ticket for quite a few years, but they haven't advertised it really until this year. I've always had to call and hope the cast member has heard about it. But it is a great ticket if you want to use stay and scream or if you are bringing a friend without an ap, etc.
That's good to know. I've never heard of this ticket before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by momnum1 View Post

Thanks!!!
The HHN lagoon show will be a little different than the regular show but just how different, I don't know yet. All will be revealed Friday night. I doubt they will do the show at the preview tonight but if so, I'll let you know.
Old 09-19-2012, 07:03 AM   #448
Marquibiri
HHN Addict!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJCorey01 View Post
Can't remember in which house it happened to me, but it was late in the night, the drinks had kicked in, and my senses weren't on its best... I ended up behind a scareactor in their hidden position. Wrong way mister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
It isn't the same movies as the Cinematic Spectacular. That will not be shown on HHN evenings. The lagoon show that will be on HHN nights will be tributes to horror.

The lights, beams, and water curtains will be there, but I am sure it will be much simpler.

Cheers!

Marquibiri

Marquibiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:38 AM   #449
donald&daisy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Oh, I like the sound of this! Can you buy it in advance? We've already bought our HHN frequent fear passes. I really wasn't looking forward to waiting outside the park to be let in. This is only our second time doing HHN and the first time we were staying on property and only doing Universal.
Offsite Spring Break '05 Offsite Spring Break '06 POR Chistmas '06 Pop/ASMU/OKW Summer '07 CBR Summer '08 Royal Pacific & AKL October 2010 Beach Club Villas November 2011 DFTW-Beach Club & Boardwalk April 2012!

My DFTW Planning Journal
donald&daisy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 09:44 AM   #450
Metro West
Proud Redhead
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by donald&daisy View Post
Oh, I like the sound of this! Can you buy it in advance? We've already bought our HHN frequent fear passes. I really wasn't looking forward to waiting outside the park to be let in. This is only our second time doing HHN and the first time we were staying on property and only doing Universal.
According to the website, it's only for FL residents but you can purchase them in advance. I know that doesn't help you but I was unaware these were for FL residents only.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: