Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2012, 07:54 PM   #316
Disney 4 2
Mouseketeer

Ready.....set....

Thanks for all the help!

I have my hotel package from October 25-28 with HHN Express tickets the 25th and 26th
Finnegans reservations at 4:30pm both nights to be in the holding area. Non- private tour 8pm Friday night.

A Cabana rental Saturday and reservations at Emerils

Coming off of 4 nights at Disney Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP!

This might be too much excitement!

1986 OFF-SITE 1993 ALL STAR SPORTS
2000 PORT ORLEANS/CRUISE
2003 WILDERNESS LODGE 2005 AKL CONCIERGE
2007 BWI CONCIERGE 2008 HARD ROCK US & IOA 2009 AKL CONCIERGE 2010 ALL STAR MUSIC
2011 ROYAL PACIFIC AND PORT ORLEANS
2012 BWI CONCIERGE & HARD ROCK HOTEL
2014 PORT ORLEANS
Disney 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 04:49 AM   #317
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney 4 2 View Post
Thanks for all the help!

I have my hotel package from October 25-28 with HHN Express tickets the 25th and 26th
Finnegans reservations at 4:30pm both nights to be in the holding area. Non- private tour 8pm Friday night.

A Cabana rental Saturday and reservations at Emerils

Coming off of 4 nights at Disney Food and Wine Festival and MNSSHP!

This might be too much excitement!
What hotel are you staying at? How much was the cabana rental?

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-24-2012, 01:55 PM   #318
Lycaon
Lurking Beastie

The HHN Twitter and Facebook just posted that the date for the final reveal is August 30!

I hope I don't have to work that day... I'm going to be bouncing off the walls. lol

October 1995 - WDW (all parks), Sea World, US
October 4-11, 2010 - EPCOT, DHS, US/IOA, HHN XX (first HHN!)
October 5-10, 2011 - US/IOA, HHN XXI
October 3-8, 2012 - US/IOA, HHN XXII
Lycaon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:23 PM   #319
Disney 4 2
Mouseketeer

Lmo249

We are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel. I originally rented the standard Cabana for $180 but upgraded to the one at the end near the Adult spa and slide.
Upgrade is $230. I thought $180 was high enough then I got a rebate I was not expecting and thought UPGRADE!

1986 OFF-SITE 1993 ALL STAR SPORTS
2000 PORT ORLEANS/CRUISE
2003 WILDERNESS LODGE 2005 AKL CONCIERGE
2007 BWI CONCIERGE 2008 HARD ROCK US & IOA 2009 AKL CONCIERGE 2010 ALL STAR MUSIC
2011 ROYAL PACIFIC AND PORT ORLEANS
2012 BWI CONCIERGE & HARD ROCK HOTEL
2014 PORT ORLEANS
Disney 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #320
mischief32
Mouseketeer

That's my birthday what a present.....
mischief32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 07:30 AM   #321
LMO429
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disney 4 2 View Post
We are staying at the Hard Rock Hotel. I originally rented the standard Cabana for $180 but upgraded to the one at the end near the Adult spa and slide.
Upgrade is $230. I thought $180 was high enough then I got a rebate I was not expecting and thought UPGRADE!
thank you for the info. We stayed at the hard rock last visit we enjoyed our stay there we are staying at portofino bay this time around to try something new. I really enjoyed the pool at the hard rock. you will have a great day :0)

LMO429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:18 PM   #322
Lycaon
Lurking Beastie

This was posted on the HHN Facebook page today:

"We knew with all the construction going on something like this might happen. We’ve dug “something” up. We’re not exactly sure what it is, but it is NOT of this world. It’s freaking us out a little bit. More to come…"

Here comes our storyline for this year.

Also, they held a contest this afternoon where clues about the event were sent out to the first 22 people to e-mail them, and they also opened up a window for about an hour where people could e-mail and be entered to win a first look at one of this year's houses on the 29th. It's nice to see some interactivity cropping up... and if what I'm hearing is correct, there's going to be a LOT more on the way

Old 08-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #323
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I’m a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Lycaon, the info wil be released at midnight on the 30th is what has been posted on behind the thrills wbsite.

since i don't go to bed until well after that, i'll try to do a copy and paste for what is revealed.
if there is very much to what is revealed, i'll just link the site for others.

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #324
Lycaon
Lurking Beastie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
Lycaon, the info wil be released at midnight on the 30th is what has been posted on behind the thrills wbsite.

since i don't go to bed until well after that, i'll try to do a copy and paste for what is revealed.
if there is very much to what is revealed, i'll just link the site for others.
Yeah, I know. I'll be staying up for it too.
HNN is doing a podcast with BTT again. It's gonna be a fun night!

Old 08-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #325
macraven
Proud Redhead
I’m a Universal Homie

keishashadow has some info about UT tickets.
i sent her a note and asked her to post it over here.

it gives options that a newbie might want to check out.

Old 08-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #326
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

present

got email from Undercovertourist (never an issue dealing with themand a decent refund policy to boot) as to 'a deal' on U tix and HHN. It says it saves up to $60...off exactly 'what' i have no idea since the dates are slightly different from the dates for standard FF & ROF i.e. some fridays are included but dates for HHN are restricted to a 14 day period from 1st usage (if i'm reading the fine print correctly, i'd call UT to confirm before I purchased jik!!!):

FF Sept. 21, 22, 27, 30
Oct. 4, 7, 11, 14, 17, 18, 21, 24, 25, 28, 31

ROF Sept. 21, 22, 27, 28, 29, 30
Oct. 4, 5, 6, 7.

UT tix Sept 21, 27, 28, 30
Oct 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 17, 18, 19, 21, 24, 25, 26, 28 or 31

Doesn't work out for our touring needs but for those who are still looking to buy multi-day tix and visit HHN on select nights during their stay it might be worth pricing it out if only for convenience factor...note i am not saying it's the best deal, just posting as another option.

Two day tix option = $179.95

Three day option $185.95, all taxes and S&H is included

The 2 or 3-Day Park to Park with Halloween Horror Nights Combo Ticket entitles one (1) guest admission (even on the same day) to:Ticket is valid for the theme parks for any two (2) or three(3) calendar days during a fourteen (14) consecutive day period which includes the first day the non-event portion of the ticket is used. This ticket also includes unlimited admission to HHN during the following 2012 Event Dates which fall within the fourteen (14) consecutive day period:
  • September 21, 27, 28, 30
  • October 4, 5, 7, 11, 12, 14, 17, 18, 19, 21, 24, 25, 26, 28 or 31.
NOT valid for any Saturday HHN Events Dates: September 22, 29, October 6, 13, 20 or 27.
The HHN Event begins at 6:30pm and closing times may vary.
Key Points:
  1. WARNING! Event may be too intense for young children and is not recommended for children under the age of 13. No costumes or masks allowed.
  2. This ticket includes daily admission to the paid entertainment venues of Universal CityWalk ("CityWalk") during the fourteen (14) consecutive day period.
  3. The above Admission media is non-refundable, non-transferable, and valid only during normal operating hours.
  4. This ticket allows the guest to visit both parks on the same day. Visiting one or both parks on the same day is considered a single day's use of the ticket.
  5. The HHN Event portion of this ticket expires in 2012. If there is no 2012 HHN event usage, the 2-Day Park to Park portion remains valid until the first day of theme park or CityWalk usage and for the following thirteen (13) consecutive calendar days.

keishashadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #327
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Dead End
If enough people believe in something, perception can become reality. In Carey, Ohio, the perception was that countless horrific acts had occurred in the old Hartford Mansion. The reality was that the curse which befell the house was far worse than any story ever told.

Gothic

The Catedral de Caementum Animus is, by day, undergoing a building-wide architectural refurbishment. By night, the many stone gargoyles that keep watchful eye over the sanctuary come to life with the mission of protecting this sacred place against intrusion.

Silent Hill

In the eerie and desolate town of Silent Hill, ash falls from the sky and the physical laws of nature no longer apply. If you dare to venture into this alternate dimension, there is only one law of nature with which you must concern yourself: survival.

Universal House of Horrors
This is no remake. No sequel. No re-imagining. These are Universal’s classic monsters of fear, who have terrified audiences from the Silver Screen. They have been waiting within silver celluloid to be resurrected. The flash of a lightning strike cuts the darkness that surrounds, and terror’s true faces take back what is theirs…

Walking Dead
There is strength in numbers, and you must band together to make it through many of the iconic settings made famous by the critically-acclaimed AMC television series, “The Walking Dead.” As the city is crawling with hordes of walkers, the issue of your becoming one of them is not a question of if, but when.

Alice Cooper

Journey into the legendary rocker Alice Cooper’s twisted mind and witness the natural melding of horror and Cooper’s four decades-long career. Here you will follow Steven, the iconic character from many of Cooper’s works, as you come face-to-face with a myriad of tormentors who threaten an already-decaying sense of sanity.

Penn & Teller

World-renowned magicians Penn & Teller have accidentally nuked Las Vegas, but don’t worry, it’s nothing a fresh coat of paint and a truckload of BS can’t fix. Come on down to New Vegas, where all that glitters isn’t gold, and in fact probably has fatal levels of radioactivity.

The 20 Penny Circus

The 20 Penny Circus brings its “Magic For People With Questionable Taste” to an unsuspecting Halloween Horror Nights audience.

Last edited by JessicaR; 08-29-2012 at 11:11 PM.
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:03 PM   #328
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

HHN is back. This year there will be no escaping the horror that awaits, including terrifying houses like AMC’s “The Walking Dead”, Silent Hill, Alice Cooper and Penn & Teller. There are also several new horror houses that will be worth the wait…
What were once just ghastly rumors about an old, abandoned house have come to life as actual bone-chilling apparitions in “Dead End;” the still, stone protectors of an ancient European cathedral have awakened to fight intruders off at any cost in “Gothic;” and Universal’s legacy of horror continues as the classic monsters of fear appear in blinding black and white in “House of Horrors.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOLwC...ature=youtu.be
Old 08-29-2012, 11:13 PM   #329
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
run to the hams!

I am MOST excited about Universal's House of Horrors! This has the potential to be amazing!!!
Old 08-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #330
macraven
Proud Redhead
I’m a Universal Homie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOLw...layer_embedded

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: