Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-01-2012, 01:02 PM   #181
macraven
Proud Redhead
Has the longest test on record
I知 a Universal Homie

Location: between milwaukee and chicago (in Tom Felton's house)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLA2 View Post
What is the latest i will be allowed into Stay and scream, well getting into front of the park. We will not be staying for the day just want to get there before gates close. We do stay and scream every year but we always get there around 3:30 hoping we can get in at 5.

We usually eat at Finnegans. Any other holding areas that offer food?

Thanks
i always go to finnegans, they are very good with a lot of selections.

i hit Louie's during the evening in the park.

i don't think there is much else open once the park closes.
by using the finnegans area for the holding area, the TM's know who has had their tickets scanned.

i can't think of any other restaurant to use that could be sectioned off for a sns area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreakk View Post
Will call and kiosk pick up were both free, (I didn't notice a print at home) and US FedEx shipping is $14.

However, there is a processing fee of $2.02 per ticket.
i should have said processing fee instead.
when i called, the TM didn't know the site was up...........
so it took a bit of time to process my tickets.
it was that tm that told me there was a $2.15 fee for what i said above.

mis information like i received can drive me nuts at times!
tanx for the heads up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mischief32 View Post
This will be our first year and we will be going to HHN on 10/6 & 7. I have looked everywhere and been able to find the hours for HHN. I know that they let people in at 6:30, we will already be in the waiting area at Finnigans(made a dinner reservation for 10/6) but when is it over these nights?

peak nights have hhn closing at 2:00 am
non peak nights for sunday, park closes at 1:00 am

macraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 01:17 PM   #182
macraven
Proud Redhead
I知 a Universal Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip View Post
I would not chance it shooting for 5 as it is very unlikely that you will be able to enter by then. As mac said, once the metal detectors go up you're out of luck. We always make sure we are in the park by 4:30. I believe mac said she usually shoots for 4:45 but I definitely wouldn't push it past then.
Rip Red, you might have read this story of mine of what i went thru back a few years (maybe 09 or 10) when i arrived at 4:55 to the studios on the hhn event.

i left the park around 3 to go back to my hotel room for my chainsaw wolf shirt.
lost track of the time and had to scramble to get to the studios before they closed off incoming guests.

the metal detectors were up and i scooted around them.
as i was walking, a Orlando policeman stopped me.

he said i had to go back out the gate and stand in the line to enter when the park opened at 6:30.

i told him i had the ap and that was my ticket to enter the park.
he informed me again to leave and stand in the line outside the gate.
i said everything possible to him, it's only 4:55 and the park closes at 5:00, i am meeting friends, how can i be refused entry, etc.........

at that point, i realized not to argue with the man in blue and turned halfway around when i head the same policeman yell at a group of 4 people.

they were turned away also but kept walking into the park.
they disregarded attempts by a TM to stop so the man in blue took over.

when he went after them, i ran like hell to the main merch shop and walked thru it, left at the opposite doors by what is now minionion attraction.

a TM stopped me while walking in the streets.
i showed her my hhn ticket and she told me to go straight to the sns holding area.

therefore, i always say be there by 4:45.
i need to find that post where i did a typo on the time.
be there by 4:45 not 4:55.........

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-01-2012, 01:23 PM   #183
Rip
Proud Redhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by macraven View Post
Rip Red, you might have read this story of mine of what i went thru back a few years (maybe 09 or 10) when i arrived at 4:55 to the studios on the hhn event.

i left the park around 3 to go back to my hotel room for my chainsaw wolf shirt.
lost track of the time and had to scramble to get to the studios before they closed off incoming guests.

the metal detectors were up and i scooted around them.
as i was walking, a Orlando policeman stopped me.

he said i had to go back out the gate and stand in the line to enter when the park opened at 6:30.

i told him i had the ap and that was my ticket to enter the park.
he informed me again to leave and stand in the line outside the gate.
i said everything possible to him, it's only 4:55 and the park closes at 5:00, i am meeting friends, how can i be refused entry, etc.........

at that point, i realized not to argue with the man in blue and turned halfway around when i head the same policeman yell at a group of 4 people.

they were turned away also but kept walking into the park.
they disregarded attempts by a TM to stop so the man in blue took over.

when he went after them, i ran like hell to the main merch shop and walked thru it, left at the opposite doors by what is now minionion attraction.

a TM stopped me while walking in the streets.
i showed her my hhn ticket and she told me to go straight to the sns holding area.

therefore, i always say be there by 4:45.
i need to find that post where i did a typo on the time.
be there by 4:45 not 4:55.........
No, I actually hadn't read the whole story. I just saw a comment you made within the past few days referring to it.

I have to admit, what you did made me LOL.
Rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #184
keishashadow
Proud Redhead
When you gotta go, you gotta go ... it's a girl thing
Hmmm, I lust
I TOLD YOU SO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreakk View Post
Will call and kiosk pick up were both free, (I didn't notice a print at home) and US FedEx shipping is $14.

However, there is a processing fee of $2.02 per ticket.
TU

after hearing mac's story I swore i'd never be outside the gates after 4:30 pm on a HHN night.

keishashadow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:10 PM   #185
msmouse
ok, don't know that I can beat the dinosaur poop

I think I am confused, but not sure!

Please bear with me. This is our first time doing the Horror Nights. I had purchased 4 2Park 1Day tickets. Then I realized that some of the younger ones might like the Halloween party. I called Universal and they were able to cancel my tickets and do the 1 day 2 park tickets with the Halloween Party added at the discount. They gave me a number and told me to swipe my credit card, key in that number and I would get my tickets. Does that sound right? Also, can you give me an idea of what happens at the party. I have read some of the posts and not quite understanding the "Houses". Is that what this is. . . . a bunch of haunted houses? Thanks!
msmouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #186
mischief32
Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info macraven....
mischief32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #187
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
Originally Posted by msmouse View Post
Please bear with me. This is our first time doing the Horror Nights. I had purchased 4 2Park 1Day tickets. Then I realized that some of the younger ones might like the Halloween party. I called Universal and they were able to cancel my tickets and do the 1 day 2 park tickets with the Halloween Party added at the discount. They gave me a number and told me to swipe my credit card, key in that number and I would get my tickets. Does that sound right? Also, can you give me an idea of what happens at the party. I have read some of the posts and not quite understanding the "Houses". Is that what this is. . . . a bunch of haunted houses? Thanks!

How old are the kids? It's not a party like Disney has for Halloween. This is graphic, dark, loud and scary. It is geared for adults. This is from last year may give you a better idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zs6w...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUfesSQOTI
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 04:32 PM   #188
Metro West
Proud Redhead
11.47 Miles from Universal
23.56 Miles from Disney

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Check out the videos Jessica suggested...I'm worried about "the younger ones" as HHN is NOT for children under the age of 13 or so. No one who has been to HHN calls it a party...it's more of a full on in your face scary event. The haunted houses are basically indoor mazes that you walk through. Each house is themed and very well done. Scareactors will jump out at you but are not allowed to touch you and you are not allowed to touch them.

Along with the houses there are several scarezones throughout the park which are areas where scareactors again try to scare you but these are outside. Some of the attractions are open during HHN but it's only a handful and we don't know which ones yet. There are also a couple of shows during the event as well.

You know your children better than we do so if you think they can handle it, go for it and have a great time. If not...it's a lot of money to spend to have them terrified. Scareactors are paid to scare people and if you act scared, you might as well wear a sign saying...come scare me! I've seen parents standing at Guest Services screaming at the TMs saying they had no idea it was a scary event so consider yourself warned.
Old 08-01-2012, 04:35 PM   #189
macraven
Proud Redhead
I知 a Universal Homie

Quote:
i think you are talking about using the kiosk for ticket pick up.
you need your cc that you charged the tickets with and your confimation number.

the tickets will come out once you go thru the steps.
it's all on the kiosk and easy to follow.

you bought your tickets in advance and chose to do park pickup for them when you arrive.
many do it that way also.

the hhn site lists the hhn event is not recommended for children under 13.

Old 08-01-2012, 04:39 PM   #190
macraven
Proud Redhead
I知 a Universal Homie

msmouse profile lists her son as 27 when she joined (probaby older now) so i don't know if it would be grandchildren she is referring to when she stated the younger ones.

she could switch the tickets again if need be.

Last edited by macraven; 08-01-2012 at 04:55 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-01-2012, 05:04 PM   #191
DCTooTall
Thinks He Can Escape Boo Boo

Quote:
i always go to finnegans, they are very good with a lot of selections.

i hit Louie's during the evening in the park.

i don't think there is much else open once the park closes.
by using the finnegans area for the holding area, the TM's know who has had their tickets scanned.

i can't think of any other restaurant to use that could be sectioned off for a sns area.

Off the top of my head.... Richters could work utilizing the pier area behind the restaurant as additional SNS holding. Bonus: The stand alone bar right there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro West View Post
Check out the videos Jessica suggested...I'm worried about "the younger ones" as HHN is NOT for children under the age of 13 or so. No one who has been to HHN calls it a party...it's more of a full on in your face scary event. The haunted houses are basically indoor mazes that you walk through. Each house is themed and very well done. Scareactors will jump out at you but are not allowed to touch you and you are not allowed to touch them.

Along with the houses there are several scarezones throughout the park which are areas where scareactors again try to scare you but these are outside. Some of the attractions are open during HHN but it's only a handful and we don't know which ones yet. There are also a couple of shows during the event as well.

You know your children better than we do so if you think they can handle it, go for it and have a great time. If not...it's a lot of money to spend to have them terrified. Scareactors are paid to scare people and if you act scared, you might as well wear a sign saying...come scare me! I've seen parents standing at Guest Services screaming at the TMs saying they had no idea it was a scary event so consider yourself warned.
Also worth considering, Even outside of the official scary stuff in the houses and scarezones.... This is an event full of Adults and MANY stands for Adult Beverages. You are likely to also encounter some people who have had quite a few drinks, which could lead to behavior which may be beyond what you'd want to expose "younger ones" too.
DCTooTall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #192
macraven
Proud Redhead
I知 a Universal Homie

2tall, it has been some years back when i did go to the other sns instead of finnegans holding area.
it was near the jaws area i thought.

richters would be good for a second place.
lombards could possible work out also ....

Old 08-01-2012, 06:24 PM   #193
msmouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaR View Post
How old are the kids? It's not a party like Disney has for Halloween. This is graphic, dark, loud and scary. It is geared for adults. This is from last year may give you a better idea.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Zs6w...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUfesSQOTI
lol. My youngest is 33. Still my baby! I said younger ones because they are a great deal younger than I am.
Old 08-01-2012, 06:29 PM   #194
msmouse

Quote:
msmouse profile lists her son as 27 when she joined (probaby older now) so i don't know if it would be grandchildren she is referring to when she stated the younger ones.

she could switch the tickets again if need be.
Sorry, should have been more specific. I said younger ones because they are considerably younger than me! Yes, they are 30+. I do so much appreciate the info and am off to view the clips provided. Thanks!
Old 08-01-2012, 06:31 PM   #195
JessicaR
DIS Veteran
I wanna shoot aliens in the AM too!
The Grinch is rude in a funny sorta way
run to the hams!

Quote:
lol. My youngest is 33. Still my baby! I said younger ones because they are a great deal younger than I am.
Awww sweet! Yes, always will be our babies no matter what age. But so relieved they arent like 8! Hope you all have a great time!
JessicaR is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: