Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Universal Studios/Sea World > Universal Studios/Islands of Adventure Forums
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-29-2012, 02:36 PM   #1
idgy
Mouseketeer

Just Back! Loved Every Minute!

We did HHN for the first time and we loved it. I had read on these boards that this wasn't their best year so I guess my expectations were low. We kept saying "if this is a bad year, I'd love to see a good year!"

Not all the houses were great (hated penn and teller and alice cooper) but gothic, silent hill,and dead end were super!

We had to wait a few minutes to pay our bill at Finnegans after they let the crowd go but were still able to do 3 houses with only 10 minute waits. Unfortunately we didn't use express for alice cooper and waited 90 minutes...after that we went back and used express to redo our favorites and all the others.

We didn't take time to see the shows but by the time we were done with all the houses we were soooooo tired!!!! I guess we're getting old

I miss Universal so bad and can't wait to go back. Best vacation ever!
idgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 02:50 PM   #2
heidijanesmith
DIS Veteran

Thanks for the review! I am looking forward to trying it for the 1st time next year. My DD loves haunted houses, but I am super claustrophobic and very nervous about them. I hear there is only one claustrophobic area, where you have to bend down, but there is a passage around it.

Any tips would be great!

May 2005 AKL Pool view
July 2010 Poly Standard view- WDW and US
Aug 2012 YC Pool view- WDW, US and BG
Oct 2013 Poly Cl Lagoon view- WDW and US
Oct 2014 BW CL BW View- WDW and US

The Smith's take on the Poly- TR
heidijanesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-29-2012, 03:13 PM   #3
patster734
Proud Redhead>
Not the sad bluehead

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidijanesmith View Post
Thanks for the review! I am looking forward to trying it for the 1st time next year. My DD loves haunted houses, but I am super claustrophobic and very nervous about them. I hear there is only one claustrophobic area, where you have to bend down, but there is a passage around it.

Any tips would be great!
Unlike most theme park halloween events, HHNs has all new houses from year to year, so the bend down, claustrophobic area this year probably won't repeat next year.

Plans to skip HHNs this year in favor of attending the Christmas holiday activities.
patster734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #4
Planogirl
I feel the nerd in me stirring already
Oh well, let's look on the bright side
If I hadn't been so wiped out I would have kissed my anesthesiologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by heidijanesmith View Post

Any tips would be great!
I was a little leery of that too but that bend down area is very wide so it didn't bother me at all. Of course I'm only 5'4" so a tall person might feel differently.
Old 10-30-2012, 08:00 AM   #5
idgy
Mouseketeer

The best advice I can give you would be too do the sTay and scream area and get express passes. If you can't afford the extra money for the express passes be sure to get there early in the stay and scream area and you get to three or four houses done before the big lines start.
Then use express later in the evening,
idgy is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: