Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you most look forward to doing on the Fantasy?
Riding the Aquaduck 79 25.57%
Dining in Palo and/or Remy 92 29.77%
Relaxing in the Rainforest Room 30 9.71%
Solving a Midship Detective Agency crime 21 6.80%
Shopping on shore and/or on ship 10 3.24%
Sailing with Mickey and Minnie 77 24.92%
Voters: 309. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-08-2012, 12:55 PM   #106
luvslikepi
DIS Veteran

Man, this report is making me want to upgrade.....but I don't think we can afford the extra $2000. Glad to be living vicariously though your concierge experience.
luvslikepi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 01:30 PM   #107
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Vow Renewal in the Outlook Lounge on deck 14

Would you like to see photos from the vow renewal and our hair salon appointments?

Here you go!

Us at the salon. Mom, Sis and I all got our updo's done at the same time. They have three hairdressers and three stations on the Fantasy.

Sis' hair with hair clip from Steinmart ($3.99 or something like that)

mom's vow renewal outfit

This is a great photo spot for the vow renewal couple -

here's the Outlook Lounge set up for the ceremony

Last edited by jegsnakkernorsk; 06-08-2012 at 08:11 PM.
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #108
TaniaU
Mouseketeer

Of course!

DCL Jan 2009!
DCL Feb 2011!
DCL Sept 2012!
TaniaU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:03 PM   #109
princesskenziesmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Would you like to see photos from the vow renewal and our hair salon appointments?

Brittany

Poly April 2010, 5 Night Disney Magic Bahama Cruise April 25th.
princesskenziesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:23 PM   #110
wishuponastarforever
I just love coming here and visiting with you

Yes, please

Always planning for the next trip
wishuponastarforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:13 PM   #111
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your trip report. Thanks for including so many pictures! We are going on the Fantasy Western in April 2013 (with CaliforniaGirl09 who posted earlier), and we will be in concierge (one-bedroomn suite -- 12026). I was excited before, but now am I drooling over all of the concierge facilities and amenities. I am looking forward to reading the rest of your report.

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #112
All American
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jegsnakkernorsk View Post

DH Me DD DD
All American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:50 PM   #113
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

More photos from Vow Renewal

Captain Marco - I know, Italian cruiseship captians must be having a harder time these days. Captain Marco was a very sweet captain. He told my parents, who had written statements for each other, that it was the nicest wedding he had officianted in his 14 years as a captian. Dad even wrote a poem (something I have never known him to do) for mom.

Included in the wedding/vow renewal is a two tier cake - you have to eat it while on the ship - nothing can be brought back through Customs. You also get a bouquet and boutineir, flowers on the table, a souvenier cake topper, a souvenier cake knife set, a champagne and sparkingly apple juice, and pianist.

Libo was their onship wedding coordinator. He was very efficient and professional. He had another wedding just before ours to breakdown and set up ours. He was amazing! The room gets entirely turned around.

We brought these photos of mom and dad from their wedding in 1976 to place around the room.

Libo made the heart out of rose petals. You got to pick your color.

On top of Libo, there was a server and the captian came with two cast members as well who stood in the back.

view from outlook lounge - this is not often open - check the Navigator to see when it is open as a public lounge.

table flowers

Pianist was very good. You got to pick your songs from a pretty limited list, but it was nice.

these are candies we had made back in Naples and brought for the guests.
Old 06-08-2012, 09:00 PM   #114
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Still more photos from the VR

mom's bouquet - we upgraded to the calla lilies since they are mom's favorite. Sis and I treated our parents for the vow renewal. They joked that we just wanted to make sure we were legal.

Old 06-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #115
CindyIsMyFave
DIS Veteran

Ok, have drooled enough myself now. You've made a believer out of me for cruises. It's always been on our list of things to-do, but I may have to bump it up a couple of notches.

This probably is a pretty bone-headed newbie question that I could look up elsewhere, but maybe I'll bug you. Putting aside concierge for a moment, since I doubt we'd be able to swing that for a first cruise, are there "major" expenses that are not included? I'm guessing that dinners at Remy and Palo are OOP. Obviously, hair appointments, manis/pedis would be too. Excursions . . . but did you find with either this cruise or your first one that you wound up spending a lot more OOP than you thought you might given a cruise's all-inclusiveness billing?

Most recent trips:
Dec/Jan 2011-2012 at POFQ (New Year's Eve) - Mar 2011 at WL - Dec/Jan 2009-2010 at CBR (New Year's Eve) - May 2009 at POR for 6th anniversary
60 visits and counting thanks to Mom & Dad taking me at least once a year since age 1. (32 year streak continues thanks to DH now)
CindyIsMyFave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #116
speedo
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CindyIsMyFave View Post
Ok, have drooled enough myself now. You've made a believer out of me for cruises. It's always been on our list of things to-do, but I may have to bump it up a couple of notches.

This probably is a pretty bone-headed newbie question that I could look up elsewhere, but maybe I'll bug you. Putting aside concierge for a moment, since I doubt we'd be able to swing that for a first cruise, are there "major" expenses that are not included? I'm guessing that dinners at Remy and Palo are OOP. Obviously, hair appointments, manis/pedis would be too. Excursions . . . but did you find with either this cruise or your first one that you wound up spending a lot more OOP than you thought you might given a cruise's all-inclusiveness billing?
It can add up - obviously this year we had a lot of extra expenses especially with a Cabana at Castaway Cay. But last year on the Magic going non-concierge, I think I spent an additional $250. That included two excursions, dinner and tea at Palo, and Souvenirs. I don't drink alcohol so didn't have expenses there. My sister's bill was actually less despite the bar bills. Although she was getting a lot of drinks for free

oh and that doesn't include tips but you can prebudget those. I usually go higher than what the suggested amount is.
speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:30 PM   #117
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by princesskenziesmom View Post
YES, YES!! Loving the trip report and pictures and we are planning on doing our vow renewal in 2014 so would love to see the pictures!!!
very exciting! let me know if you have any specific questions. we booked about a year in advance the vow renewal - they only do three or four each cruise.
Old 06-09-2012, 12:32 PM   #118
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
Just wanted to let you know how much I am enjoying your trip report. Thanks for including so many pictures! We are going on the Fantasy Western in April 2013 (with CaliforniaGirl09 who posted earlier), and we will be in concierge (one-bedroomn suite -- 12026). I was excited before, but now am I drooling over all of the concierge facilities and amenities. I am looking forward to reading the rest of your report.
Very cool!!
Old 06-09-2012, 12:36 PM   #119
speedo
Mouseketeer

Pictures from the end of the night

So I am going to help with posting some pictures. I guess these were on my camera and my sister somehow missed them when she transferred my photos to her laptop. So this is my first time posting pics. Hope it goes ok!

This was on my parents bed that evening (We snuck in to take pics before they were back from dinner)

notice the hidden Mickey

They get to keep this as a keepsake

another hidden Mickey in the bridal bouquet

Plates from Palo

And this was the towel animal in our room that night

speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:44 PM   #120
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Just a few more Vow Renewal photos...

I snuck aboard the cruise mom and dad's champagne glasses from their wedding in 1976. Sis complained that I didn't clean them before packing them in my carryon. I thought they were frosted glass! Guess they were reallly dirty! Sis got them cleaned up though.

Libo did all this on my parents' bed while they were at Palo dinner.

from Palo that night - they brought them back to their room to show us.

Last edited by jegsnakkernorsk; 06-09-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: