Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you most look forward to doing on the Fantasy?
Riding the Aquaduck 79 25.57%
Dining in Palo and/or Remy 92 29.77%
Relaxing in the Rainforest Room 30 9.71%
Solving a Midship Detective Agency crime 21 6.80%
Shopping on shore and/or on ship 10 3.24%
Sailing with Mickey and Minnie 77 24.92%
Voters: 309. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-05-2012, 12:44 PM   #31
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Here's the hair dryer, ours was in the drawer in the desk/vanity.
jegsnakkernorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #32
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

We also got a nice fruit basket in our room. This came in handy the first couple mornings and lasted pretty well.

I think every stateroom has this alarm clock Ipod player. The sisters from Buffalo were talking at dinner the first night about how nice the iPod player is and sis looked at me and said do we have that? I said, 'No we are Concierge, we have a string quartet that arrives when we ring the bell by the bed."

The blue light is very bright and we had to take the Dream pillow sign and a towel to cover the light at night.

Our art and frames weren't as fancy as the one bedroom. I think they were the same as the other staterooms on board - stamps. Only an art dealer's daughter would probably notice though.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2012, 12:51 PM   #33
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dismommy2two View Post
Wow, the suite rooms are beautiful, I think I would have to inherit a good sum of money before I could even dream of a suite, lol. Looks lovely though.
worth every penny! Robin Leach was in my head the whole time. Champagne wishes and cavier dreams!
Old 06-05-2012, 03:02 PM   #34
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Let's check out the sun deck

You can access the concierge sun deck either through the Concierge Lounge on the 12th deck or by going through the doors in the adult sun deck on the 13th.

There are sun block sprays and Evian water misters in a basket on top of the clean towel stand.

Towels are laid out - one at the head and one tucked on the sun chair. The towels are thicker and fully terry cloth with finished ends, than what you find in the other areas of the ship. Mom would grab towels from the concierge sun deck to take to the shaded adult only area by Satellite Falls.

The shower near the concierge sun deck.

I wish they had carried the cabana idea more on the sun deck and had more shade areas.

This covers the stairs down to the lounge.

Last edited by jegsnakkernorsk; 06-05-2012 at 09:09 PM.
Old 06-05-2012, 04:08 PM   #35
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Let's keep exploring outside adult areas, shall we?

adult pool - empty still on the first afternoon.

I'm not sure this is adult only. I never went in it but saw kids and families by it most of the cruise. A shallow little pool for dunking your feet.

love the logo on the sun chairs!

the shaded adult only area. My mom's favorite place to read her books.

And now for my favorite place on the ship...

When we were leaving Port Canaveral, my sister and I got into our suits (which we had in our carryons) and sat in the Satellite Falls and we could watch us leave as we sat in the water. Everyone walked by saying "that's a good idea".
Old 06-05-2012, 04:48 PM   #36
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

More to come!

Photos of food and the verandah are coming... I promise!
Old 06-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #37
All American
DIS Veteran

After several failed attempts to take some time to read your thread, I finally had a chance to ooh-and-ahh! over your pictures. I am loving it all!

We are sailing Concierge next June, and it's nice to see a detailed report. We are in the regular family room, so I really appreciate the pictures of that category in addition to the *lovely* one-bedroom suite.

I can't wait to show this thread to my husband; he's the reason we decided to go concierge and is probably the most excited person to go on our cruise.

Thank you for sharing your pictures and adventures with us. I look forward to seeing more!!

DH Me DD DD
All American is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #38
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American View Post
After several failed attempts to take some time to read your thread, I finally had a chance to ooh-and-ahh! over your pictures. I am loving it all!

We are sailing Concierge next June, and it's nice to see a detailed report. We are in the regular family room, so I really appreciate the pictures of that category in addition to the *lovely* one-bedroom suite.

I can't wait to show this thread to my husband; he's the reason we decided to go concierge and is probably the most excited person to go on our cruise.

Thank you for sharing your pictures and adventures with us. I look forward to seeing more!!
I'm glad you enjoy it so much! The stateroom was beautiful and very comfortable. I think your husband will be pleased. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Happy planning!
Old 06-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #39
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Spa for a spell

On the first day of the cruise the spa is open with tours and lots of opportunity (pressure) to buy things. Lucy, she does excellent updo hair, gave me my tour. On the tour I said "no thank you" a lot but did sign up for rainforest room on St. Thomas day and my sister bought the sugar scrub in vanilla flavor. I loved this and used it in our fancy rain shower in our stateroom and have it at home now. I loved it. It was $35 I think. I was glad she bought it the first day of the cruise and glad that she bought it for me! We get a long really well, we didn't always but as adults we've become good friends.

Here's a photo of the manicure table - My sister and I got pedicures and we both were really disappointed. Sis' gal spent most of the pedicure trying to sell her things like 3 ounce bottle of something that cost $60. My gal did a horrible job. It was chipping the next day. A pedicure... chipping after a day. We got pedicures on the Magic and really enjoyed it. Mom got a manicure from the head girl and that was really good. Perhaps it depends on who you get.

The gym is another area I liked better on the Magic. I thought it seemed even smaller than the Magic's and I didn't like how the machines are sideways to the direction the ship travels in. It was very crowded in the mornings and I gave up after the first day - every machine was taken, every inch of space was taken. I did the morning yoga/stretch and the sit ups but left as soon as dad was done on the tredmill. Found the 4th Deck and doing the stairs and walking here and there more enjoyable then the crowded gym. During the tour it was empty though...

Rainforest room I also liked better on the Magic. I thought the steam rooms and saunas were more comfortable on the Magic, but the Fantasy has two unique hot tubs and nice views from the rooms.

These showers you can go into and out of as well as several steam rooms and saunas. The showers have lights or sents and different settings like rainfall or waterfall or caribbean storm.

A note about the hot tubs. These clearly say on the outside that they are for 2 people each. The tubs are curved to seat two people side by side. The jets are set for you to sit in a certain position.

The sisters from Buffalo had a cruise long pass for the Rainforest Room and one day had some random man join them in hot tub. I am still giggling now trying to picture them squeezing in for this guy. I can't imagine how they managed to fit. Don't be rude, just wait until the two people in get out. There are two hot tubs and I'm sure it wont be long until one frees up.

Also there are two hot tubs in the adult pool area.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:14 PM   #40
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Let's check on that Luggage

Nope, not here yet. But Dad's golf clubs have arrived. Even if you drive to Port Canaveral - I would recommend using hard case suitcases, as if you were flying because the luggage does get abused between the curbside drop off and your stateroom.

Here's a photo taken on the balcony. I'm standing at one end by the one bedroom and looking down to my room - we had the steward open the panel between the room verandahs. There is still some privacy but it opens it up by the rail.

Alredy breaking in the slippers!

Last edited by jegsnakkernorsk; 06-08-2012 at 10:55 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:28 PM   #41
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Concierge Lounge Food Photos

Since it's right across the hall, let's go check out the concierge lounge again.

There are two happy hours every day with wine and beer (maybe mixed drinks as well though I only had wine). There is a also a non alcoholic cold drink available at 4pm every day. I have the recipe and photos I'll share soon.

My favorite were the shrimp in the salsa. So refreshing with a glass of white wine. Really hit the spot in the evening.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:37 PM   #42
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Happy Hour can be more than wine and cheese

Here's Vana White, I mean Andy, showcasing the case of games in the Concierge Lounge. The tv always plays classic cartoons.

Side note to share: Andy is my long-lost half brother. He looks exactly like my dad did at his age. I know this because we were celebrating my parents' 35th anniversary and my sister and I had treated for their vow renewal on board. I found my parents' old wedding album and Sis blew a few photos up large to take for the VR. Dad at that age looked just like Andy. Turns out Andy is from Germany and only a year younger than me. I said to mom, didn't dad spend a year in Europe on a Rotary exchange right after I was born? Yep. Julia, another concierge, piped in that Andy's parents look nothing like him (they were on the cruise over from Germany). Hmmm...
Old 06-05-2012, 09:46 PM   #43
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Here's a photo of our stateroom (12518) the cat V so you have an idea of how much space you have in the room.

There is a lot of room under the bed. Look what's under the bed! Yes, our luggage has arrived and we are showering and changing for dinner.

Sis and I had two large hard case suitcases and I had to have my shoes. I cut it down to 9 pairs for the 7 day cruise. But you see they fit neatly under the bed. I think I have a better photo somewhere, but I found this shoe holder for honestly $2.99 at super Walmart. It's plastic and folds flat and fit fine in my suitcase and under the bed holding my 9 shoes.
Old 06-05-2012, 09:52 PM   #44
emmebear
nurse & mommy.

thank you for the review. i've booked 12020 and am so excited! it's hard to find reviews online for these rooms and this really helps so thank you again.
emmebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 10:09 PM   #45
jegsnakkernorsk
long time lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmebear View Post
thank you for the review. i've booked 12020 and am so excited! it's hard to find reviews online for these rooms and this really helps so thank you again.
yeah I know it is! That's why I decided to take so many photos!

You'll like that you aren't too far from the lounge but also not exactly across the hall from the door to it. The one bedroom is incredible. My parents have high expectations though they had never been on DCL and they were blown away. Dad kept pointing out things like the silver leaf frames and saying "you know how much that costs?"

Thanks for the feedback and let me know if you have any questions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: