Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-25-2013, 09:47 PM   #76
TooPicky
Earning My Ears
 
TooPicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 24

Talking First cruise.... Advice?

Yay! 4 of us going.. Us grandparents and the daughter and our granddaughter of 8! She will enjoy this so much and so will we.

Looking for things to do in Nassau. We don't want to go to paradise island/Atlantis, and we do want to see the straw market. But after that?

How long is the ship in port? How do we know when to get back? Also same questions on Castaway Cay?

Hope it won't be too cold to snorkle and jet ski at castaway.
__________________
TooPicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:59 AM   #77
BreauCat
Earning My Ears
 
BreauCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 37

Welcome to our group! Wish I could give you some suggestions for Nassau, but I haven't been there...someone else in this group mentioned a pirate museum.
BreauCat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 01-26-2013, 06:18 AM   #78
DesertSky612
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 26

This is our first cruise, so I've never been to Nassau, but we are going on the Seaworld Explorer Semi-Submarine. I hope it's fun. If we have time, we also want to see the pirate museum.

I believe we are in Nassau and Castaway Cay for about 8 hours.
DesertSky612 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 05:25 PM   #79
garysummer
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPicky
Yay! 4 of us going.. Us grandparents and the daughter and our granddaughter of 8! She will enjoy this so much and so will we.

Looking for things to do in Nassau. We don't want to go to paradise island/Atlantis, and we do want to see the straw market. But after that?

How long is the ship in port? How do we know when to get back? Also same questions on Castaway Cay?

Hope it won't be too cold to snorkle and jet ski at castaway.
The itinerary is up on the site. Basically get to port about 9 and leave around 5. Our firs cruise too, so no real ideas here. You might want to get an autograph pillow for your granddaughter.
garysummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:21 AM   #80
avz102
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9

I've read that the best time to get to the terminal is between 12:15 and 1:15 - you miss the early arrivals rush and are checked in and on board before the resort busses show up. Do any expert cruisers our there have any tips or advice about check in? Also, we're first timers but we have some Castaway Club members in our group. Is it worth it (or even allowed) to check in/board with them?
avz102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 07:35 AM   #81
CruiseTink
FL Disney Fan
 
CruiseTink's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 63

Quote:
Originally Posted by avz102 View Post
I've read that the best time to get to the terminal is between 12:15 and 1:15 - you miss the early arrivals rush and are checked in and on board before the resort busses show up. Do any expert cruisers our there have any tips or advice about check in? Also, we're first timers but we have some Castaway Club members in our group. Is it worth it (or even allowed) to check in/board with them?
When you complete your online check-in you will select a time to arrive at the port. They usually don't start boarding before about 1pm so no need to get there too early.
There are different lines for Castaway Club members and first time cruisers -- you can't go in the CC line with them, but both lines seem to move pretty quickly. After you complete your check-in they will give you a boarding group/zone number (I don't remember exactly what they call it). If everyone is checking in about the same time you may receive the same boarding group number so you can all get on the ship at about the same time.

When you arrive at the port you will drop off your luggage outside and just take your carry-on items with you. When you go up to the terminal they will have a short form to fill out asking if anyone in your party has been sick recently, then you head to the check in counter.
Just be sure to complete your online check-in before you arrive at the port and take your cruise documents (that you received in the mail), your ID, credit card for them to link to your account and passport.
The check-in process really does not take long, there are just a lot of people in the waiting area until about 1pm when they start boarding so it can get a bit hectic.

Susan
__________________
CruiseTink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:33 PM   #82
TooPicky
Earning My Ears
 
TooPicky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Minneapolis
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by garysummer

The itinerary is up on the site. Basically get to port about 9 and leave around 5. Our firs cruise too, so no real ideas here. You might want to get an autograph pillow for your granddaughter.

Thanks for the tip! Fun project for the granddaughter to keep her occupied decorating and finding one for a few days before the trip.
__________________
TooPicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 02:49 PM   #83
garysummer
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by TooPicky

Thanks for the tip! Fun project for the granddaughter to keep her occupied decorating and finding one for a few days before the trip.
No problem! Have a great cruise!!
garysummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:14 AM   #84
marquislaura
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 108

Have a great time!!!

Hi Disney Dream Cruisers for March 3rd 2013-

I'm cruising that week in 2014. Yep, so excited. I wanted to ask that when you get back could you please link me to any notes about your cruise. Like weather and the crowds. I fugure you all will be my best source since it is the same time of year as I will be going, just 364 days after you all sail.

This is our first offical Disney Cruise, I did the BIG RED BOAT back in the 80's !!!!! I am taking my Husband, Son-5, sister, Mom, Dad, Step-mom, neighbors (3 of them to include another 5 year old).

I am already working on all of our little things to tak along. I even have our FE gifts started. Can you tell I am excited.

Well, thank in advance and have a great time!!!!
Can't wait to hear how you cruise goes!
marquislaura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:55 AM   #85
avz102
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CruiseTink

When you complete your online check-in you will select a time to arrive at the port. They usually don't start boarding before about 1pm so no need to get there too early.
There are different lines for Castaway Club members and first time cruisers -- you can't go in the CC line with them, but both lines seem to move pretty quickly. After you complete your check-in they will give you a boarding group/zone number (I don't remember exactly what they call it). If everyone is checking in about the same time you may receive the same boarding group number so you can all get on the ship at about the same time.

When you arrive at the port you will drop off your luggage outside and just take your carry-on items with you. When you go up to the terminal they will have a short form to fill out asking if anyone in your party has been sick recently, then you head to the check in counter.
Just be sure to complete your online check-in before you arrive at the port and take your cruise documents (that you received in the mail), your ID, credit card for them to link to your account and passport.
The check-in process really does not take long, there are just a lot of people in the waiting area until about 1pm when they start boarding so it can get a bit hectic.

Susan
Thank you!
And thanks to all you Cuisers for the advice and tips. I'm getting so excited!
avz102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:17 PM   #86
garysummer
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 34

Is everyone signed up for the FE? Jus want to make sure I'm making the right number of items. Can't wait! We're going to be telling the kids in a coupe weeks...
garysummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:00 PM   #87
BreauCat
Earning My Ears
 
BreauCat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: New Brunswick, Canada
Posts: 37

The cut off date for signing up for the FE is Feb. 15. - 2 more weeks to go
BreauCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 05:47 PM   #88
Doodledisney
Earning My Ears
 
Doodledisney's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 26

31 more days!

I am so excited! Getting my fish extender gifts ready!
Doodledisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #89
garysummer
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodledisney
I am so excited! Getting my fish extender gifts ready!
I hear ya... I can't wait to tell the kids. Our current plan is to have a scavenger hunt. Each clue leads to another and each clue has a word on its back. Altogether the will add up to "look in the toy box". In the toy box will be a basket with various things for the cruise. Including a paper chain with an anchor on the end. I link for each day until we leave. They'll get to remove a link each day until ... Anchors's away!!!
garysummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:21 AM   #90
2littlemermaids
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by BreauCat
The cut off date for signing up for the FE is Feb. 15. - 2 more weeks to go
We just booked and are very excited. I have 2 small kids, 4 yrs and not quite 2 yrs, and would love to do a fish extenders group. This is our first cruise so I'm a newbie, how do I sign up and what are the rules? Thanks!
2littlemermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.