Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum > Disney Cruise Meets
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
DCLShel
"Doesn't everyone have a 3-foot Mickey topiary in their house?"
 
DCLShel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pawnee, Illinois
Posts: 513

June 25, 2012 - WONDERful 7 night Alaskan cruise

Welcome to everyone joining us on this cruise!

This post will be reserved for our cruise roster and other information.

***DisMeet Onboard - Monday, June 25th, 3:00pm in the Promenade Lounge***

CRUISE ROSTER:

DCLShel - Shelly, Lance (DH), DD Kiley (12)
Bellecruiser - Meg, Bruce, DSis, DBIL, DSIL, DBIL, DD, DGS
Disneyland4Jamy -
Floridahippy - Fi & Pete
Deb In IA - Deb (DW), Eric (DH), DD Jennifer,(21 at time of cruise), DS Mark (17)
htmlkid- Glenn (DH), Barbara (DW), DD Christina (12)
staxia- Staxia, Brother (30), Mom & Dad
Golden lover - DW & DH
Mean Queen - Shay (DW), Doug (DH), DD Haley (12), DD Paige (6)
alexandmaddie- Krista, Gerald (DH), DD turning 17 on cruise, DD 12, DS 9
*CounsinVinny- Frank (DH), Sarah (DW), DS Zane (5)
MN Dis Fans - Paul (DH), Missy (DW), DS Chad (17), DS Johnny (14), Ken (DFIL), Anna (DMIL)
Emmalily17 - Emily (DW), David (DH)
hollyfitness - Holly (DW), DH, DS
lsb4unc-
*tripsmom - Rebecca (DW), Chad (DH), DD Liza Jane (6), DS Rett (6), DS Clay (6)
*DH, DW, DS (6), DD (4), DS (4)
*DH, DW, DD (11), DS (7)
*Wonderful Grandparents
kcondon1228 - Kelly(DW), Mike (DH), DD Kendall (5), DS Sean (3), DFIL, DMIL
joyjanet- Donna (DW), Gary (DH)
- Joy, DS Cameron (9), DD Gabriella (7)
beautygirlsmom - Anna (DW), DH, DD Brighid (20), DD Eilis (11), DD Granuaile (7)
insight blue - Rebecca (DW), Alex (DH), Corey (DB), Aileen )(DBF), Richard (DBF)

*all traveling together


Celebrating Onboard

DCLShel - DD Kiley - turns 13 on 6/30
Disneyland4Jamy - birthday is on 6/25
alexandmaddie - DD - turns 17 on cruise
CousinVinny - DW Sarah - Bday on 7/1
Emmalily17 - 3rd Anniversary
kcondon1228 - DD Kendall - turns 6 on 7/14


FE List

DCLShel - DW Shelly, DH Lance, DD 12 Kiley - #5022
HTMLKID - DW Barbara, DH Glenn, DD 12 Christina - #2614
Friends of HTMLKID - DH Rob DW Sue DS 12 DS 13 - #7566 (not on DisBoards)
MeanQueen - DW Shay, DH Doug, DD 12 Haley, DD 6 Paige - #6010
Deb In IA - DW Deb, DH Eric , DD Jennifer,(21 at time of cruise), DS Mark (17) - #6004
MN Dis Fans - DH Paul, DW Missy, DS Chad 17, DS Johnny 14 - #5522 & #5524
MN Dis Fans - DFIL Ken, DMIL Anna - #6154
kcondon1228 - Kelly(DW), Mike (DH), DD Kendall (5), DS Sean (3)- #2104
joyjanet - Donna (DW), Gary (DH) - #6654
Daughter & family of joyjanet - Joy, DS Cameron (9), DD Gabriella (7) - #6604
beautygirlsmom - Anna (DW), DH, DD Brighid (20), DD Eilis (11), DD Granuaile (7) - #8518




__________________
Disney Fantasy: March, 2012 (Maiden Voyage); June, 2013;Disney Dream: Jan, 2011 (Maiden Voyage); Disney Magic: Oct, 2004; Oct, 2005; Aug, 2006; Oct, 2007; Sept, 2008; June, 2009; June, 2011 Disney Wonder:Oct, 2006; July, 2008, June, 2012; Nov, 2013 Platinum Baby!


Last edited by DCLShel; 06-19-2012 at 11:53 PM. Reason: update roster
DCLShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:30 AM   #2
DCLShel
"Doesn't everyone have a 3-foot Mickey topiary in their house?"
 
DCLShel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pawnee, Illinois
Posts: 513

Please let me introduce myself - My name is Shelly and this is the first thread I have started. We booked this cruise while we were on a 10 night Med cruise last week. My DH (Lance) and DD (Kiley) will also be on the cruise. DD will celebrate her 13th birthday while onboard.

Can't wait to meet my fellow cruisers!
__________________
Disney Fantasy: March, 2012 (Maiden Voyage); June, 2013;Disney Dream: Jan, 2011 (Maiden Voyage); Disney Magic: Oct, 2004; Oct, 2005; Aug, 2006; Oct, 2007; Sept, 2008; June, 2009; June, 2011 Disney Wonder:Oct, 2006; July, 2008, June, 2012; Nov, 2013 Platinum Baby!

DCLShel is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-14-2011, 01:46 PM   #3
IrishCowboy
DIS Veteran

 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 5,467

I have added your thread to the cruise meet list

Have a great cruise!
__________________
Disney Magic 1-20-2014
Disney Fantasy 11-22-2013
Disney Fantasy 10-12-2012
Disney Fantasy 7-21-2012
Disney Magic 11-19-2011 - Back to Back
Disney Magic 11-12-2011
Carnival Dream 7-24-2011
Disney Magic 6-13-2009, Disney Magic 11-22-2008,
Disney Magic 3-17-2007, Disney Magic 7-22-2006,
Disney Magic 9-03-2005, Disney Magic 9-18-2004, Disney Magic 5-15-2004, Disney Magic 5-??-2003,
Disney Wonder 12-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-25-2002, Disney Magic 1-19-2002, Disney Magic 5-12-2001
IrishCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 03:36 PM   #4
Bellecruiser
Mouseketeer
 
Bellecruiser's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Leesburg, VA
Posts: 337

Hi Shelly,

Thanks for taking the lead and starting this thread. I was going to do it, but didn't know how. I am Meg, and my husband Bruce and I will be going. My sister and her husband, and sister in law and her husband, plus their daughter and grandson will be going too. We are all excited, too, and think this cruise is going to be a big party! It is hard to believe it is so far away...I want to go NOW! But this way we will be able to pay it all off before the trip, and it will seem like it is FREE!

Look forward to working with you on this thread.

Meg
__________________
VGF

Retiring Sep 10, 2014
EBPC, Sep 2014 and BCV for F&W 2014
Wonder 5 Day in January
VGF & SSR Jan 2015
EBTA, May 2015
Bahamas Member Cruise 2015
Bellecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2011, 01:09 PM   #5
Disneyland4Jamy
Earning My Ears
 
Disneyland4Jamy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: California
Posts: 35

Hi Shelly and fellow cruisers! My birthday is 6/25, so our first day onboard will be extra special to me. Shelly, when is your DD's birthday? I am anxious to hear more about the 2012 itinerary since it varies from 2011. I guess we'll have to wait until the first 2012 Alaska cruisers return. I hope we have enough time to do nice excursions. And the stop in Victoria is at night- weird. It'll be an amazing time no matter what!
Disneyland4Jamy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2011, 09:58 AM   #6
DCLShel
"Doesn't everyone have a 3-foot Mickey topiary in their house?"
 
DCLShel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pawnee, Illinois
Posts: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellecruiser View Post
Hi Shelly,

Thanks for taking the lead and starting this thread. I was going to do it, but didn't know how. I am Meg, and my husband Bruce and I will be going. My sister and her husband, and sister in law and her husband, plus their daughter and grandson will be going too. We are all excited, too, and think this cruise is going to be a big party! It is hard to believe it is so far away...I want to go NOW! But this way we will be able to pay it all off before the trip, and it will seem like it is FREE!

Look forward to working with you on this thread.

Meg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneyland4Jamy View Post
Hi Shelly and fellow cruisers! My birthday is 6/25, so our first day onboard will be extra special to me. Shelly, when is your DD's birthday? I am anxious to hear more about the 2012 itinerary since it varies from 2011. I guess we'll have to wait until the first 2012 Alaska cruisers return. I hope we have enough time to do nice excursions. And the stop in Victoria is at night- weird. It'll be an amazing time no matter what!
Yay! Our group is starting to grow! Welcome to everyone!

I have updated our roster from the information in your posts. If you would like for me to list each person's name (and ages for kids), please send me the information.

I haven't started researching any of the ports yet. My brother and his family did the Alaskan cruise in June so I'll be getting some info from them. Of course, the boards are filled with lots of great advice and information, too.

DD's birthday is on the 30th. Its so much fun to celebrate onboard - doing it Disney-style!!
__________________
Disney Fantasy: March, 2012 (Maiden Voyage); June, 2013;Disney Dream: Jan, 2011 (Maiden Voyage); Disney Magic: Oct, 2004; Oct, 2005; Aug, 2006; Oct, 2007; Sept, 2008; June, 2009; June, 2011 Disney Wonder:Oct, 2006; July, 2008, June, 2012; Nov, 2013 Platinum Baby!

DCLShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 08:58 AM   #7
floridahippy
Mouseketeer
 
floridahippy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Hereford, UK
Posts: 195

Hi all - DH and I are joining you all on this cruise and we are really looking forward to it!!
DH is Pete (58)
I am Fi (53)

We are being really naughty as we are going on the cruise the week before and so therefore doing our very first B2B!!!

Looking forward to meeting you all
__________________
Floridahippy
floridahippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:15 PM   #8
DCLShel
"Doesn't everyone have a 3-foot Mickey topiary in their house?"
 
DCLShel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pawnee, Illinois
Posts: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridahippy View Post
Hi all - DH and I are joining you all on this cruise and we are really looking forward to it!!
DH is Pete (58)
I am Fi (53)

We are being really naughty as we are going on the cruise the week before and so therefore doing our very first B2B!!!

Looking forward to meeting you all
Welcome aboard! Glad you found the thread~

I've never done a B2B so you'll have to let me know what you think.
__________________
Disney Fantasy: March, 2012 (Maiden Voyage); June, 2013;Disney Dream: Jan, 2011 (Maiden Voyage); Disney Magic: Oct, 2004; Oct, 2005; Aug, 2006; Oct, 2007; Sept, 2008; June, 2009; June, 2011 Disney Wonder:Oct, 2006; July, 2008, June, 2012; Nov, 2013 Platinum Baby!

DCLShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #9
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat
 
Deb in IA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Iowa City, IA (that's IOWA, not Idaho or Ohio)
Posts: 15,468

Can we join your party?

We just booked this cruise!

We got back from the Dream August 2 to 7, and had a GREAT time. So much so, that we didn't want it to end, and although we booked onboard, we are going to save that for 2013.

But, I got to thinking - maybe we can squeeze in another cruise in 2012?

The Florida ones are already almost all booked - only things available are concierge, and LOTS of $$$.

I've always wanted to see Alaska, so I started looking at these cruises. My family was a bit hesitant, but I finally talked them into it, and we are BOOKED!

We are in stateroom 6004. It is considered an "inside" room, so cheaper, and we are hardly in our rooms anyway.

Anyway, we are looking forward to this, even though it is a long way off. We are looking forward to getting to know our fellow DIS cruisers in the meantime!

Oh, and we are
Me (mom)
DH Eric (dad)
- we are both in our early 50's
DD Jennifer, who will be 21 at the time of the cruise
DS Mark, who will be 17
__________________
Deb

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 09:08 PM   #10
htmlkid
Gold DCL Member / SSR DVC Member
 
htmlkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, FL
Posts: 454

Just wanted to say hi we are currently booked for this cruise, me DH, DW and DD 12. We booked the cruise during this summers Eastern med cruise which was amazing. We are a little concerned over the short port times that it will not give us enough time to go anywhere.
Has anyone else had this concern or have thoughts on this???

If there are any other DD's in my DD's age group let me know. Last cruise my daughter was emailing 4 other girls before the cruise and they were best of friends by boarding day!!!!

We are also considering going to Aulani either the week before the cruise or the week after and using our DVC points. I check airfare and its only $100 more pp to add Hawaii on... for that price how could you not.

Lastly, I know its early but has anyone thought about a fish extender group for this cruise???
htmlkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 10:29 AM   #11
DCLShel
"Doesn't everyone have a 3-foot Mickey topiary in their house?"
 
DCLShel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pawnee, Illinois
Posts: 513

Welcome! So excited that our group is getting more people!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
Can we join your party?

We just booked this cruise!

We got back from the Dream August 2 to 7, and had a GREAT time. So much so, that we didn't want it to end, and although we booked onboard, we are going to save that for 2013.

But, I got to thinking - maybe we can squeeze in another cruise in 2012?

The Florida ones are already almost all booked - only things available are concierge, and LOTS of $$$.

I've always wanted to see Alaska, so I started looking at these cruises. My family was a bit hesitant, but I finally talked them into it, and we are BOOKED!

We are in stateroom 6004. It is considered an "inside" room, so cheaper, and we are hardly in our rooms anyway.

Anyway, we are looking forward to this, even though it is a long way off. We are looking forward to getting to know our fellow DIS cruisers in the meantime!

Oh, and we are
Me (mom)
DH Eric (dad)
- we are both in our early 50's
DD Jennifer, who will be 21 at the time of the cruise
DS Mark, who will be 17
Deb- We're Midwestern neighbors! Isn't the Dream amazing?! Glad you and your family will be cruising with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by htmlkid View Post
Just wanted to say hi we are currently booked for this cruise, me DH, DW and DD 12. We booked the cruise during this summers Eastern med cruise which was amazing. We are a little concerned over the short port times that it will not give us enough time to go anywhere.
Has anyone else had this concern or have thoughts on this???

If there are any other DD's in my DD's age group let me know. Last cruise my daughter was emailing 4 other girls before the cruise and they were best of friends by boarding day!!!!

We are also considering going to Aulani either the week before the cruise or the week after and using our DVC points. I check airfare and its only $100 more pp to add Hawaii on... for that price how could you not.

Lastly, I know its early but has anyone thought about a fish extender group for this cruise???
htmlkid - We did the Med cruise this summer, too. We were on the June 29th sailing. It was simply wonderful!!

My DD (Kiley) is 12 and will celebrate her 13th while onboard. DD is alittle shy and has NEVER done the clubs. I would love for her to make a friend before we get onboard.

Please send me your names and I will add you to the roster. Thanks!

No one has taken the lead on Fish Extenders. Would you like to offer to organize it?
__________________
Disney Fantasy: March, 2012 (Maiden Voyage); June, 2013;Disney Dream: Jan, 2011 (Maiden Voyage); Disney Magic: Oct, 2004; Oct, 2005; Aug, 2006; Oct, 2007; Sept, 2008; June, 2009; June, 2011 Disney Wonder:Oct, 2006; July, 2008, June, 2012; Nov, 2013 Platinum Baby!


Last edited by DCLShel; 09-30-2011 at 10:35 AM. Reason: spelling
DCLShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 11:47 AM   #12
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat
 
Deb in IA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 1999
Location: Iowa City, IA (that's IOWA, not Idaho or Ohio)
Posts: 15,468

I'm a bit concerned about the short port times as well.

Has anyone seen what excursions will be offered?

I'm worried that we won't be able to do many of the ones they did last year, because of the schedule.
__________________
Deb

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:41 PM   #13
staxia
Mouseketeer
 
staxia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: further from Mickey than I want
Posts: 277

Hi ya'll!!

My family has just decided we're gonna take our first Disney Cruise and this is it!! It's gonna be me, my brother (30) and our mom and dad! I live just outside of Nashville and them near Ft Lauderdale. I grew up to be a huge Disney fan, my brother a fan of cruising and my parents fans of Alaska, so, in an effort to keep us vacationing together and spending time together, we've made a compromise to cruise Alaska with Disney!

I've only cruised one other time (Liberty of the Seas with RCCL) and while it was nice, we pulled into St Maarten and the Disney Magic was there. Just seeing it, I knew i was on the wrong ship! From that moment on, I knew if I ever cruised again, it HAD to be with Disney!

So, I look forward to planning with ya'll, getting to know ya'll and maybe even meeting while on board!!

Now, off to make a new counter!!
__________________

Family & friends, old & young, Disney's fun for everyone!
staxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:03 AM   #14
DCLShel
"Doesn't everyone have a 3-foot Mickey topiary in their house?"
 
DCLShel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pawnee, Illinois
Posts: 513

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
I'm a bit concerned about the short port times as well.

Has anyone seen what excursions will be offered?

I'm worried that we won't be able to do many of the ones they did last year, because of the schedule.
To tell you the truth, I haven't started any research for this cruise yet! I needed alittle down time after all the Med ports this summer.

I've briefly looked at some of the excursions on DCL's website. DD really wants to do ziplining. That's about all I looked at.

I wonder why they changed the port times?
__________________
Disney Fantasy: March, 2012 (Maiden Voyage); June, 2013;Disney Dream: Jan, 2011 (Maiden Voyage); Disney Magic: Oct, 2004; Oct, 2005; Aug, 2006; Oct, 2007; Sept, 2008; June, 2009; June, 2011 Disney Wonder:Oct, 2006; July, 2008, June, 2012; Nov, 2013 Platinum Baby!

DCLShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 10:10 AM   #15
DCLShel
"Doesn't everyone have a 3-foot Mickey topiary in their house?"
 
DCLShel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Pawnee, Illinois
Posts: 513

Staxia - Welcome to our group!

Your first Disney cruise - how exciting!! I've never cruised on another cruise line but I think you'll love DCL!

If you post your names, I'll add them to the roster. Glad you're sailing with us!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staxia View Post
Hi ya'll!!

My family has just decided we're gonna take our first Disney Cruise and this is it!! It's gonna be me, my brother (30) and our mom and dad! I live just outside of Nashville and them near Ft Lauderdale. I grew up to be a huge Disney fan, my brother a fan of cruising and my parents fans of Alaska, so, in an effort to keep us vacationing together and spending time together, we've made a compromise to cruise Alaska with Disney!

I've only cruised one other time (Liberty of the Seas with RCCL) and while it was nice, we pulled into St Maarten and the Disney Magic was there. Just seeing it, I knew i was on the wrong ship! From that moment on, I knew if I ever cruised again, it HAD to be with Disney!

So, I look forward to planning with ya'll, getting to know ya'll and maybe even meeting while on board!!

Now, off to make a new counter!!
__________________
Disney Fantasy: March, 2012 (Maiden Voyage); June, 2013;Disney Dream: Jan, 2011 (Maiden Voyage); Disney Magic: Oct, 2004; Oct, 2005; Aug, 2006; Oct, 2007; Sept, 2008; June, 2009; June, 2011 Disney Wonder:Oct, 2006; July, 2008, June, 2012; Nov, 2013 Platinum Baby!

DCLShel is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.