Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-15-2012, 04:39 PM   #46
PrincessBelle39
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeppelin View Post
sounds like you are on the 8/18 Western- we'll be on that cruise as well....
We are on this cruise also. Try and check out the cruise meet thread. As ItsWDW4Me said, we are a nice group...if I do say so myself.
September 2005 - Disneyland, Desert Palms Inn & Suites
August 1999 - Disneyland, Park Vue Inn
February 1996 - Disneyland, Carousel Inn
November 1994 - Disneyland Paris
PrincessBelle39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 04:53 PM   #47
gigi1313
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foz View Post
Thanks ... I'll have to print this out to show DW

modisneychick Do you remember exactly where the Fantasy docks at Cozumel ... Google offers the following info re: Cozumel cruise ship "terminals" ... Punta Langosta, International Pier mainly used by NCL, Puerta Maya mainly used by Carnival and Fundeo (which means tendering) ...

Wanted to know which side of the island as we are researching arranging a vow renewal ceremony on our Anniversary but have to determine traveling times and distances ...
When we were there in May it docked in town, Punta Langosta... no tendering, near the Starbucks (LOL)... we saw the Carnival ship at the otherh pier quite a ways away...
PC & GF CL Jan '11POR Nov '11 DCL Fantasy May '12 BWalk&ASM Jan '13 PC Sept '13
DCL Magic B2B Jan '14
gigi1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #48
Tinkerbell139
Earning My Ears

Thanks for sharing these pictures! They are great! We will be on the western Fantasy in July, so it is exciting to see them.
Tinkerbell139 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:30 PM   #49
modisneychick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks ... I'll have to print this out to show DW

modisneychick Do you remember exactly where the Fantasy docks at Cozumel ... Google offers the following info re: Cozumel cruise ship "terminals" ... Punta Langosta, International Pier mainly used by NCL, Puerta Maya mainly used by Carnival and Fundeo (which means tendering) ...

Wanted to know which side of the island as we are researching arranging a vow renewal ceremony on our Anniversary but have to determine traveling times and distances ...
Yes, we docked at Punta Langosta. It takes you right into the main shopping mall area.

This is a pic I took that day as we were leaving port.

Recent Trips: October 2013 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Fantasy; July 2013 - Vero Beach; May 2013 - Disney Wonder Alaska; March 2013 - Old Key West & Vero Beach Teen Trip; January 2013 (Dh & DD only) Disney Wonder; Nov/Dec 2012 Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream; May/June 2012 - Beach Club Villas, Disney Fantasy, & Vero Beach; December 2011 - Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream; May/June 2011 - Vero Beach, Disney Dream, & Beach Club Villas; and February 2011 - Saratoga Springs Teen Trip
Upcoming Trips: April 2014 - Disney's Vero Beach Resort; July 2014 Disneyland Paris & Disney Magic 12-Night Med; October 2014 Disney Magic Southern Caribbean; October 2014 Repo Cruise from San Juan to Port Canaveral; June 2015 - Disney Magic 11 night Norway/Iceland
Twitter: modisneychick
Disney Travels on Facebook: Disney Dreaming
modisneychick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:31 PM   #50
modisneychick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell139 View Post
Thanks for sharing these pictures! They are great! We will be on the western Fantasy in July, so it is exciting to see them.
Thank you. I am glad I could share!
Recent Trips: October 2013 - Saratoga Springs & Disney Fantasy; July 2013 - Vero Beach; May 2013 - Disney Wonder Alaska; March 2013 - Old Key West & Vero Beach Teen Trip; January 2013 (Dh & DD only) Disney Wonder; Nov/Dec 2012 Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream; May/June 2012 - Beach Club Villas, Disney Fantasy, & Vero Beach; December 2011 - Beach Club Villas & Disney Dream; May/June 2011 - Vero Beach, Disney Dream, & Beach Club Villas; and February 2011 - Saratoga Springs Teen Trip
Upcoming Trips: April 2014 - Disney's Vero Beach Resort; July 2014 Disneyland Paris & Disney Magic 12-Night Med; October 2014 Disney Magic Southern Caribbean; October 2014 Repo Cruise from San Juan to Port Canaveral; June 2015 - Disney Magic 11 night Norway/Iceland
Old 06-16-2012, 10:02 AM   #51
Foz
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigi1313 View Post
When we were there in May it docked in town, Punta Langosta... no tendering, near the Starbucks (LOL)... we saw the Carnival ship at the otherh pier quite a ways away...
Glad the dock is in a more "central" location ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by modisneychick View Post
Yes, we docked at Punta Langosta. It takes you right into the main shopping mall area.

This is a pic I took that day as we were leaving port.

Great photo ... thanks! How did you like Cozumel ... we were there once before but that was a number of years ago so wondering if it has changed ...

followed by then
Foz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 05:16 PM   #52
modisneychick
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Great photo ... thanks! How did you like Cozumel ... we were there once before but that was a number of years ago so wondering if it has changed ...
We felt it was much better than in prior years. They were overall less aggressive about trying to pull you into shops. They still tried to stop you and ask, but only one person followed us around (years ago - we were followed a lot). The prices in the shops were much better than in Costa Maya. I realize it is all negotiated, but the starting prices here were much lower.

We haven't done an excursion here in years, so I cannot speak to those.

Enjoy your trip!
Old 06-17-2012, 04:12 AM   #53
AnnaS

The puppy has now left the building and I am exhausted
Will you be rolling?
I can't wait to try them all

Quote:
Originally Posted by modisneychick View Post
I just got home after a very long travel day - so let me know if anything isn't clear.

The pictures are on this thread: http://www.disboards.com/showthread....1#post45097725.

We had the first excursion of the day (around 1:15). We met in DLounge. They allowed us (parents) to hang out there and go with the group, even though we were not officially registered (we were going as observers - the girls are both 18 that participated). There was a large group - maybe around 40?

We met on the pier and followed the guide to the Dolphin area (guessing, maybe an 8 minute walk?). Once we arrived there were restrooms and free lockers (had to go inside and leave your room key to get a free locker key). All of your items went into the locker.

At this point, I went to the observation area, but I know they were given life vests, were separated into groups and given verbal instructions. In about 10 minutes they entered the water areas. There is a ledge all around the "pools" and each group took a different ledge area. They took turns with a dolphin cheek kiss, lip kiss, "dancing", having the dolphin come up to their raised hand, "holding" the dolphin, and swimming with the dolphin (holding on to the fins and being pulled really). In between there were a lot of opportunities to touch the dolphin and they did some tricks. I would say the in-water time was about 30-40 minutes with one dolphin per 10 people. About 20 minutes in, another group came in with small children and were taken to a separate area. I would guess the water is more shallow in that pool, but honestly I didn't pay attention.

After exiting the water, you are directed to the gift shop and computers to view your photos. They don't really give you time to get your towels as they try to herd you in there, so consider leaving a towel with your observer to have quick access. I think the CD for one person was $50 and we were offered $80 for both girls. However, they liked the pics I had taken, so we skipped it.

I hope that helps!

Thank you so much Tammy for taking the time. Very helpful. Great pictures you posted also.

Upcoming/planned trips:
March - SSR
October BCV F & W - 4 N. DCL Dream Double Dip

DCL '01 Eastern, '03 Western, '05 West Coast Cruise o '07 11 N. Med. Cruise, '13 Western
WDW - CBR, POR, POP, OKW, BWV, BCV, AKV, VWL, HH & VB, SSR,
AnnaS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #54
shesesewsall
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwby22 View Post
o.k., you got me freaking out right now. we cruise in 3 weeks. WE ALSO HAVE ROOM 7682! Your review of the room seems less than stellar. I knew when booking that there was the chance, being aft, of engine noise. The engine vibrations probably won't be a big deal for us, but the stateroom host has me concerned. Good to know we can request someone different, it would be a last resort but will do it if we have to. Do you know if it was Brenda that you had?
Thanks for the reviews of the ports. We were thinking of doing the island tour at Grand Cayman. Should we pre-book or are there options for finding something on our own?
We were also on the May 26th cruise and we had 9174 aft as well. Yes, we felt the vibrations and all, but we never had a problem with it. If anything, the vibrations helped to "rock" us asleep each night. I'm a big car baby--the road vibrations put me to sleep all the time--so the vibrations on the ship didn't cause me or DH or BFF that sailed with us any problems.

If that is the city tour where you "see" the governor's mansion, Hell, and are at the Turtle Farm--SKIP the tour and just go to the Turtle Farm. The tour is a joke! They drive to the gates and say, "here is...." and drive off again. We were not at all impressed by the tour. The Turtle Farm on the other hand was awesome!

Yes the weather was over cast (we only actually got caught in the rain once), but it was cooler to us that way. We still ended up sunburned (of course, you don't see the sun, don't feel it is as warm, didn't apply/reapply as much sunblock as we should have). But the weather on this cruise was a paradise dream compared to the weather we returned home to in SUNNY gulf coast Mississippi---it rained the entire week we arrived home. So even though it was overcast, we had no complaints about the weather.

Our room steward, Stefanny was WONDERFUL!!! Sorry to hear you had such a time with your original room steward--but glad to hear that Tyrone worked out well for you.

The previous cruise is now 2 years in the past--now we start planning the next one for October 2015!!!! Let the count down begin!!!!

shesesewsall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 02:15 PM   #55
disneychic
DIS Veteran

Glad you had a great trip! Can't wait till I sail on 9/1. Do you have Navigators to post?

Last edited by disneychic; 06-18-2012 at 05:09 PM.
disneychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:46 AM   #56
amanda.c09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by shesesewsall View Post
We were also on the May 26th cruise and we had 9174 aft as well. Yes, we felt the vibrations and all, but we never had a problem with it. If anything, the vibrations helped to "rock" us asleep each night. I'm a big car baby--the road vibrations put me to sleep all the time--so the vibrations on the ship didn't cause me or DH or BFF that sailed with us any problems.

If that is the city tour where you "see" the governor's mansion, Hell, and are at the Turtle Farm--SKIP the tour and just go to the Turtle Farm. The tour is a joke! They drive to the gates and say, "here is...." and drive off again. We were not at all impressed by the tour. The Turtle Farm on the other hand was awesome!

Yes the weather was over cast (we only actually got caught in the rain once), but it was cooler to us that way. We still ended up sunburned (of course, you don't see the sun, don't feel it is as warm, didn't apply/reapply as much sunblock as we should have). But the weather on this cruise was a paradise dream compared to the weather we returned home to in SUNNY gulf coast Mississippi---it rained the entire week we arrived home. So even though it was overcast, we had no complaints about the weather.

Our room steward, Stefanny was WONDERFUL!!! Sorry to hear you had such a time with your original room steward--but glad to hear that Tyrone worked out well for you.
I wouldn't be bothered by the engine vibrations. We were in 8010, all the way forward and port side. It was dead quiet, too quiet for us. I would much rather hear the engine noises. I will say that we did hear the thruster noises (very loud and lots of vibration). There were times that we got up just because we kept hearing the thrusters and things vibrating in the room several times in a row. The room was very nice (Deluxe Family Oceanview room with port hole).
Thankfully on our next cruie (May 4th, 2013) on the Fantasy we will be right near the aft lifts. We like the constant noise that the engines make, helps us sleep better (we usually sleep with a pedestal fan on high next to the bed at home).

Tags
aft rooms, fantasy, teens, western caribbean

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: