Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > W.I.S.H
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #16
Raenstoirm
BL6 Team Challenge Tracker
Lets go get me your numbers!
 
Raenstoirm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Maryland Near DC
Posts: 4,858

Oh, I didnt realize we were doing birthdays! I turned 30 on April 30th in WDW!
__________________
















Trying to stay at every resort, but we are creatures of habit!
Caribbean Beach/Riverside/Wilderness Lodge/All Star Movies/Beach Club/Contemporary






Raenstoirm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:51 PM   #17
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,231

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
I was really into pilates for a while, but never into yoga. I will certainly try that!
The class I like the best is a piyo class that I take twice a week. Some piyo classes are hard core--continually changing poses, almost aerobic like. This class is pilates/yoga combined but we hold the poses and do slow repeats. It has really helped with both my itband problems and my foot weakness. And my arms are looking very toned, which isn't too bad a benefit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
I'll join you all.



Name: Amanda
DisName: Sissy_ib
Upcoming Races: First Annual "Fighting ALS with JAY 5K" June 23rd We really only picked this race because it coincided with us finishing C25K but I am very excited for it.
Wounded Warrior Project 8K San Antonio September 16
Run for the Fund Sea World San Antonio October 6 I have not decided if I am going to do the 5K or 10K (probably the 5)

Completed Races in 2012 (or earlier): The last (and only) race I did was way back in June 2007. I was in Air Force Basic training and we ran as a group and won first place for the female flights.
Favorite Race: See above
Anything else you want to share (age, where you live, etc): I turned 30 a few months ago. I live in San Antonio Texas. I was in the Air Force for 4 years but after the first few months I didn't enjoy running or any exercise really. When it is your job and forced it is not as much fun as when you get to do it for yourself. The last 6 months I was in I was on a running waver for my ankle so before starting C25K it had been about a year since I had run. Tomorrow we start week 6 and I am really enjoying it. It is nice to have a goal and a new hobby with my DH. Plus we are getting healthier and helping raise money for some great charities. My goal is to do a Run Disney event but we wont be back to WDW until at least 2014. After we finish C25K I will start training for a 10K then half marathon. I have already looked up half marathons in our area and there a few in the fall/winter I am interested in but I really want to take it one step at a time. I have given myself a year to complete one though.
And for fun, favorite running shoe: I wear Asics. And I just bought my first air of men's because they fit my wide feet so much better.
Hi Amanda! I have read some stuff that says you shouldn't even attempt a 1/2 until you have been running regularly for at least a year. So taking your time to find the right race is a good plan. I don't think most people wait that long--I know I didn't--but it does make sense. I would love to do a Wounded Warrior Run. My DH was in the Navy for the 1st Gulf War and we have lots of friends who are still active duty. Sounds like you have some fun stuff coming up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BernardandMissBianca View Post
Oh forgot my birthday. November 24th. I'll be 39 this year.
got it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raenstoirm View Post
Oh, I didnt realize we were doing birthdays! I turned 30 on April 30th in WDW!
got it.

Please let me know if I miss anything.
__________________
Rose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-03-2012, 09:16 PM   #18
JacksLilWench
Bloody Pirates...
 
JacksLilWench's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: NC
Posts: 1,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post

So to get things started:

Name:
DisName:
Upcoming Races:
Completed Races in 2012 (or earlier):
Favorite Race:
Anything else you want to share (age, where you live, etc):
And for fun, favorite running shoe:
Name: Kaiti!
DisName: JacksLilWench
Upcoming Races: ToT 10 Miler!!!
Completed Races: Disney-0, but local-2 (Cupid's Cup in Feb '12, WW5k June '12)
Favorite Race: WW5k- so much fun cheering everyone on!
Anything to share: Live in Charlotte NC, 26, new runner, and the ToT will be my first BIG race!!
Favorite Shoe- Brooks. I think my next pair will be the Brooks Ariel. And yes, strictly because she's my favorite Disney character. And they're pretty!

PS: Birthday is March 19th
__________________
JacksLilWench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:49 AM   #19
Flossbolna
DIS Veteran
 
Flossbolna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Nuremberg, Germany
Posts: 6,624

Hi everyone! I have mostly lurked on the WISH board, but seeing this thread starting new is a great opportunity to get more involoved! So, here is my introduction:

Name:
Magdalene

DisName:
Flossbolna (which does not have anything to do with dental floss, Floss is the name of the village here in Germany where I grew up and Bolna was the name of my childhood dog)

Upcoming Races:
October 3: Nuremberg 10k and hopefully: April 7, 2013 Berlin Half-Marathon (which would be my first half-marathon ever).
Completed Races in 2012 (or earlier): Nuremberg 10k in 2010 and 2010 and a few 5ks.

Favorite Race:
my first race ever was the Berlin Women's 5k and it still is my favourite one as I never expected to be able to finish at all!

Anything else you want to share (age, where you live, etc):
I live in Germany, in Nuremberg which is in Bavaria. I never was an athlete in school and started running in my late 20s more as a way to prove myself that I could do it. That was over 10 years ago and I am still more of an irregular runner. I was amazed at myself when I actually managed to train for and finish a 10k and think I need to try a longe distance now in order to keep my focussed. The thing that annoys me a bit about races in Germany is that the time limits are very short. To me it appears that here that most races are only for true athletes and if you are slower you don't really belong there. I think that's a shame. That's why I picked the Berlin Half-Marathon as my goal for my first half as it has a time limit of 3:30 hours. So I hope I won't be the only one who needs more than 2 hours to finish a half marathon!

And for fun, favorite running shoe:
Asics Gel Kayano - unfortunately not a cheap shoe at all. But I got my first pair when it was on sale and now I am hooked and can't imagine running with another shoe...
__________________
Disneyland 1992, 2005 Disneyland Paris 1995, 1997, 2003, 2007, 2011, 2x2012, 2014 Walt Disney World 2004 POR, 2007 AKL, 2008 AKL, 2009 Poly, 2010 AKL, 2011 BWV, May 2013 AKV Jambo Disney Cruise Line 2013 Wonder, 2014 Wonder
Trip Reports: 2013 TR DCL and WDW 2011 TR 2010 TR 2010 PTR Dining Reviews: 2009 2008 2007
New Trip Report: If You See It: Eat It! – Via Panama to Disneyland

Flossbolna is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:38 AM   #20
CRUIZEN MAMMA
DIS Veteran
 
CRUIZEN MAMMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 815

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose&Mike View Post
Hi Dottie! Glad to see you. You all are posting faster than I can comment. I'm still not sure why I am infamous. Looking forward to seeing you again at W&D!
Rose, you are infamous because you are the first person I ever just walked up to and introduced myself just because I "met you "(or you might think stalked you) on line.

you can add my birthday- March 29, also I forgot 1 race- the Disney Castaway Cay 5k 1/17/12 -PR 26.23!
__________________
1st Cruise-WONDER Nov.18-21,07
2nd DCL trip-MAGIC June 6-13,097Night Eastern
3rd DCL trip-WONDER Nov.21-23,2010
4th DCL Cruise-DREAM Jan.15-19,2012-
5K Castaway Cay
Ran My 1st 1/2 marathon!Princess Feb 26, 2012
Wine and Dine 1/2 marathonNov 10,2012
20th Anniversary Disney Marathon Jan 2013:I did it
Disney World 10kand 1/2 marathon 2014 here I come!
Glass Slipper Challenge 2014!!! Girls Only Weekend!
CRUIZEN MAMMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 07:29 AM   #21
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,231

Ok, just have a minute. Today is a busy day for me. Work, elliptical, piyo and a baseball game tonight if it doesn't rain.

I will do some updates tomorrow.

Welcome to all the new folks!

Anyone running today?

Last night I went for a walk in my new running shoes. They are minimalist shoes (but not as extreme as 5 fingers) and you have to break into them. I already have some soreness in my achilles, but that is normal.

Tomorrow I am going to run in them for the first time. I will run 1 mile and then put on my regular running shoes to finish my 4 miles (or so).

I am hoping by the end of the month to being running in them regularly.

Have a great Monday!
__________________
Rose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 08:21 AM   #22
lisah0711
her Disney office
a big congratulations to all of our superstars and especially our biggest loser
 
lisah0711's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Inland NW
Posts: 5,476

Hello all!

Thanks, Rose, for hostessing our new thread!

Name: Lisa
DisName: lisah0711
Upcoming Races: Sandpoint (Idaho) Scenic Half 9/16, Wine &Dine Half, Donald Half
Completed Races in 2012 (or earlier): Inaugural Tinker Bell Half 1/12. Coeur d'Alene Half 2012 and 2011, Sandpoint Scenic Half 2011
Favorite Race: Tinker Bell Half

Anything else you want to share (age, where you live, etc): Started running at age 49 a couple of years ago. Had a bit of a rough start getting swept at the Princess 2011 but made lifelong friends and just keep swimming
And for fun, favorite running shoe: Brooks Ariel (looks like a clodhopper but runs like a dream )

I'm coaching the BL thread this week so may just be reading along here for now. I'll catch up at the end of the week.
lisah0711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:50 AM   #23
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran
 
sissy_ib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,765

For the Wounded Warrior run there is a mandatory fundraiser. I would like to ask everyone to check out the WWP and consider donating. The organisation does all kinds of wonderful work for our injured service members. I am a veteran myself and this cause is dear to me. I need to raise at least $99 but my goal is to raise at least $400 over the next few months.
http://support.woundedwarriorproject...ising/AmandaF/
You can donate any amount you wish, every dollar counts!
Thank you!
__________________
sissy_ib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:54 AM   #24
sissy_ib
DIS Veteran
 
sissy_ib's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,765

Yesterday I went on a very long walk on the trails near my house. I set out for 5 miles and I went about 5.25. On the way back I decided to do some jogging intervals and actually jogged quite a bit. I was not timing myself or keeping the distance for the runs but I had to have run at least half way on the return.

Today when my DH gets home we will be doing C25K. We start week 6 today. We only have two more days with walking intervals then we go to running only for the rest of the program.
__________________

Last edited by sissy_ib; 06-04-2012 at 12:35 PM.
sissy_ib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #25
mommyof2Pirates
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: allentown,Pa
Posts: 1,982

Name: Lindsay
DisName:Mommyof2pirates
Upcoming Races: Via Marathon Relay 9/2012, Runners World Half 10/2012
Completed Races in 2012 (or earlier): Princess half 2011, St lukes half 2011,2012. Lots of 5Ks!!! Favorite 5K is tunnel to towers run in NYC
Favorite Race: WDW Princess
Anything else you want to share (age, where you live, etc): 33 years old, Bethlehem, PA. Married with 2 boys.
And for fun, favorite running shoe: Nike Pegasus


Rose great idea for the new thread. This is great.
__________________
Weight loss to half marathon journalhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....0#post39858860
mommyof2Pirates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 01:24 PM   #26
Dreamer2012
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 471

Room for one more?

Name: Jean
Disname: Dreamer2012
Upcomming races: Hopefully PHM Feb 2013 w/ 14DD!
Completed races: PHM 2012 (first experience ever any race!) I am a walker
Just did the Color Me Rad Race as a walker
Anything else to share: Birthday 2/26/1960 (52 yrs old)-From CT. -
Married 34 years - Mother of 5. -Breast Cancer Survivor
Favorite running shoe? Not a runner - but I am still searching for a great walking
shoe that comes in some funky colors in large sizes
Size (11) Any suggestions?
Looking forward to joining in the conversations! Hope its OK that I am NOT a runner....I walked the entire PHM this year, and it was just as hard as running it! My DD14 is driving me to do it again - so we can experience it together...we are training now, but I am really not sure I can do it again....
Would like to carry a few less LBS at the next PHM....I am addicted to what my children now call "Mom Crack" - diet soda! I gave it up for 5 years and when I arrived in Fla. for the PHM I fell off the wagon and have not been able to get back on yet - Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and possibly meet up before the next PHM!!
Dreamer2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:30 PM   #27
camnhan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 573

Name: Jen
DisName: Camnhan
Upcoming Races: 6/17: Kilbride 5k for Autism, 7/8: Coach Blanchette Memorial 5k, 9/29 (my Zach's b-day and how fitting!!) GiGi Playhouse 6K [the extra K represents our kiddo's with an extra 21st chromosome!)
Completed Races in 2012 (or earlier): Winterfest 5k, Marty's Mojo, Central HS Memorial Scholarship 5K
Favorite Race: ??? my favorite to look forward to: ANY DISNEY RACE
Anything else you want to share (age, where you live, etc): 45, live in the cornfields of IL, have been walking most races and working my way to a run,
And for fun, favorite running shoe: jury is still out on this one...
__________________
Jen
June 2004 (all 28 of us! never again!!!) off-site, Dec 2007 WL, May 2010 POR, June 2011 Poly/BC, April 2012 CS

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:35 PM   #28
camnhan
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 573

oh and b-day March 26
__________________
Jen
June 2004 (all 28 of us! never again!!!) off-site, Dec 2007 WL, May 2010 POR, June 2011 Poly/BC, April 2012 CS

camnhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:49 PM   #29
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,231

It's rainy here, so I am home tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksLilWench View Post
Name: Kaiti!
DisName: JacksLilWench
Upcoming Races: ToT 10 Miler!!!
Completed Races: Disney-0, but local-2 (Cupid's Cup in Feb '12, WW5k June '12)
Favorite Race: WW5k- so much fun cheering everyone on!
Anything to share: Live in Charlotte NC, 26, new runner, and the ToT will be my first BIG race!!
Favorite Shoe- Brooks. I think my next pair will be the Brooks Ariel. And yes, strictly because she's my favorite Disney character. And they're pretty!

PS: Birthday is March 19th
Welcome Kaiti! I am so excited for everyone doing the TOT! I have run the w&d the past two years and the TOT took the W&D time slot. You are going to have a great time.

The Brooks Ariel is a motion control shoe--meaning it is correcting for pronation. So be very careful to make sure you need the motion control. Please disregard this unsolicited advice if you have already been fitted for them. Long story short, I started off in motion control shoes when I was overweight and as I lost the weight, I stopped pronating. And developed a bunch of injuries most likely from being in the motion control shoes when they weren't needed. Just want you to stay healthy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flossbolna View Post
Hi everyone! I have mostly lurked on the WISH board, but seeing this thread starting new is a great opportunity to get more involoved! So, here is my introduction:

Name:
Magdalene

DisName:
Flossbolna (which does not have anything to do with dental floss, Floss is the name of the village here in Germany where I grew up and Bolna was the name of my childhood dog)

Upcoming Races:
October 3: Nuremberg 10k and hopefully: April 7, 2013 Berlin Half-Marathon (which would be my first half-marathon ever).
Completed Races in 2012 (or earlier): Nuremberg 10k in 2010 and 2010 and a few 5ks.

Favorite Race:
my first race ever was the Berlin Women's 5k and it still is my favourite one as I never expected to be able to finish at all!

Anything else you want to share (age, where you live, etc):
I live in Germany, in Nuremberg which is in Bavaria. I never was an athlete in school and started running in my late 20s more as a way to prove myself that I could do it. That was over 10 years ago and I am still more of an irregular runner. I was amazed at myself when I actually managed to train for and finish a 10k and think I need to try a longe distance now in order to keep my focussed. The thing that annoys me a bit about races in Germany is that the time limits are very short. To me it appears that here that most races are only for true athletes and if you are slower you don't really belong there. I think that's a shame. That's why I picked the Berlin Half-Marathon as my goal for my first half as it has a time limit of 3:30 hours. So I hope I won't be the only one who needs more than 2 hours to finish a half marathon!

And for fun, favorite running shoe:
Asics Gel Kayano - unfortunately not a cheap shoe at all. But I got my first pair when it was on sale and now I am hooked and can't imagine running with another shoe...
Welcome Magdalene! That's interesting that racing is still considered for "real" athletes in Germany. Thanks for explaining your user name. My DH used to run in Gel Kayunos--he has been slowly transitioning to more minimalist shoes (took over a year). He is just getting started with the Newton's as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRUIZEN MAMMA View Post
Rose, you are infamous because you are the first person I ever just walked up to and introduced myself just because I "met you "(or you might think stalked you) on line.

you can add my birthday- March 29, also I forgot 1 race- the Disney Castaway Cay 5k 1/17/12 -PR 26.23!
I never felt stalked at all. I'm so glad we got to meet you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisah0711 View Post
Hello all!

Thanks, Rose, for hostessing our new thread!

Name: Lisa
DisName: lisah0711
Upcoming Races: Sandpoint (Idaho) Scenic Half 9/16, Wine &Dine Half, Donald Half
Completed Races in 2012 (or earlier): Inaugural Tinker Bell Half 1/12. Coeur d'Alene Half 2012 and 2011, Sandpoint Scenic Half 2011
Favorite Race: Tinker Bell Half

Anything else you want to share (age, where you live, etc): Started running at age 49 a couple of years ago. Had a bit of a rough start getting swept at the Princess 2011 but made lifelong friends and just keep swimming
And for fun, favorite running shoe: Brooks Ariel (looks like a clodhopper but runs like a dream )

I'm coaching the BL thread this week so may just be reading along here for now. I'll catch up at the end of the week.
Hi Lisa! For anyone who doesn't know, Lisa is our Galloway expert and always has lots of good thoughts on run/walking. She even encouraged me to shorten my intervals which has really helped. I am really looking forward to seeing her at the W&D!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sissy_ib View Post
Yesterday I went on a very long walk on the trails near my house. I set out for 5 miles and I went about 5.25. On the way back I decided to do some jogging intervals and actually jogged quite a bit. I was not timing myself or keeping the distance for the runs but I had to have run at least half way on the return.

Today when my DH gets home we will be doing C25K. We start week 6 today. We only have two more days with walking intervals then we go to running only for the rest of the program.
Great job today!

FWIW--I run my short runs (4-6 miles) without breaks. But I have incorporated walk breaks into my longer runs--and I am actually faster with the walk breaks. Just something to think about as you increase your miles.

My first half I ran without stopping. Not even once. Not at all. Nada. Zip. My DH stopped for a pottie break and I kept running and he had to catch up. It was a mental thing for me.

I am over that and I am a huge believer in walk breaks. I feel better at the end. It helps avoid injuries. And I am faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyof2Pirates View Post
Name: Lindsay
DisName:Mommyof2pirates
Upcoming Races: Via Marathon Relay 9/2012, Runners World Half 10/2012
Completed Races in 2012 (or earlier): Princess half 2011, St lukes half 2011,2012. Lots of 5Ks!!! Favorite 5K is tunnel to towers run in NYC
Favorite Race: WDW Princess
Anything else you want to share (age, where you live, etc): 33 years old, Bethlehem, PA. Married with 2 boys.
And for fun, favorite running shoe: Nike Pegasus


Rose great idea for the new thread. This is great.
Hi Lindsay! I loved when you did the race report about the Tunnels to Towers race. Are they doing that again this year? I really hope you are able to come in January!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamer2012 View Post
Name: Jean
Disname: Dreamer2012
Upcomming races: Hopefully PHM Feb 2013 w/ 14DD!
Completed races: PHM 2012 (first experience ever any race!) I am a walker
Just did the Color Me Rad Race as a walker
Anything else to share: Birthday 2/26/1960 (52 yrs old)-From CT. -
Married 34 years - Mother of 5. -Breast Cancer Survivor
Favorite running shoe? Not a runner - but I am still searching for a great walking
shoe that comes in some funky colors in large sizes
Size (11) Any suggestions?
Looking forward to joining in the conversations! Hope its OK that I am NOT a runner....I walked the entire PHM this year, and it was just as hard as running it! My DD14 is driving me to do it again - so we can experience it together...we are training now, but I am really not sure I can do it again....
Would like to carry a few less LBS at the next PHM....I am addicted to what my children now call "Mom Crack" - diet soda! I gave it up for 5 years and when I arrived in Fla. for the PHM I fell off the wagon and have not been able to get back on yet - Looking forward to getting to know everyone here and possibly meet up before the next PHM!!
It is absolutely ok that you are a walker. I'm glad you had a great time at the Princess. As my DH likes to say, I tend to behave like a little southern hothouse flower--and I was FREEZING that weekend. I am hoping for better weather in January. I am still on the fence about doing Princess in February.

I used to do the DC thing to extremes. I gave it up in Dec 2009 and have not had a sip since then. In 2010 I joined the BL thread and started the weight loss thing for the last time. I really believe diet soda helped to make me fat. I just CRAVED sugar/carbs when I was drinking it. Good luck if you decide to give it up. I will be your cheerleader if you take it on.

I have to look it up, but there is a statistic associated with weight loss and running/walking times that was a HUGE motivator for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
Name: Jen
DisName: Camnhan
Upcoming Races: 6/17: Kilbride 5k for Autism, 7/8: Coach Blanchette Memorial 5k, 9/29 (my Zach's b-day and how fitting!!) GiGi Playhouse 6K [the extra K represents our kiddo's with an extra 21st chromosome!)
Completed Races in 2012 (or earlier): Winterfest 5k, Marty's Mojo, Central HS Memorial Scholarship 5K
Favorite Race: ??? my favorite to look forward to: ANY DISNEY RACE
Anything else you want to share (age, where you live, etc): 45, live in the cornfields of IL, have been walking most races and working my way to a run,
And for fun, favorite running shoe: jury is still out on this one...
Hi Jen! The 6K sounds very, very cool. For some reason I thought you were in Pittsburg, not IL. Mike went to UIUC for grad school. It was really cold there. Holy cow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by camnhan View Post
oh and b-day March 26
Got it.
__________________
Rose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #30
Rose&Mike
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 4,231

Welcome to all the new folks!

I went to the Y today and did 31 nasty minutes on the elliptical and then took my piyo class. I am very type A so it took me about a month before I really started to like yoga. It has helped my so much. I am hoping it keeps me out of physical therapy permanently. I love the instructor too, cause if she knows you are interested in something she adds it into the class. So she knows I have a lot of itband issues and she added in stretches just for that.

I came home and instead of just having a protein snack I dug into the leftover g-f brownies. Not my finest moment of the day.

Tomorrow is my first run (other than a quarter mile or so when trying them on) with the Newtons. I am a little nervous, but excited. I have a lot of foot problems too and I have read tons of stuff from people who have said it really helped with some of the same problems I have been having. Again, I will do anything to avoid going back to physical therapy.

I thought I would post a QOTD once a week, maybe on Sundays. Just to kick start some conversations since we have a bunch of new folks.

If you have a suggestion for a run/walk/fitness QOTD send me a PM and I will compile them and bring one out once a week or so.


Have a great night!
__________________
Rose&Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:53 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.