Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disneyland > Disneyland (California)
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 06:49 AM   #1
TotalDreamer
Mouseketeer

Carthay Circle Expected Dining Time

So as soon as Disney Dining opens this morning I'm going to attempt to make reservations for Carthay Circle for 4th of July week (or weekend). I know, 4th of July is in a week and a half - I'm nuts .

I'm trying to plan out a schedule and figure out what our ideal dining times would be for when I call. My ideal would be to have relax/refresh/shower time at the room, eat, and then line up for WoC (90 minutes before showtime).

So from your experiences (and remembering that it's gonna be 4th of July week) how long do you think we can expect to spend eating? Do you think an hour and a half leaves enough time to eat then head over to line up for WoC?
TotalDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #2
zavandor
DIS Veteran

I've read that if you get the Fastpasses from the dining at Carthay Circle there is no need to go to the viewing area so early. It has a completely separate section from the other dining fastpasses, and the reports say it's a very good spot.
You can enjoy your dinner with no rush
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-22-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
Malcon10t
DIS Veteran

First, you won't need to line up 90 mins in advance. When we would line up at the dining area, 15-20 mins was plenty of time.

Next, you may have to take whatever time is available. Carthay has been booked up for the last couple weeks. I would plan for several meal times.

And I would try and save 2 hours for the meal. 90 mins might work, but 2 hours is better.
Malcon10t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #4
TotalDreamer
Mouseketeer

Really?? Ok awesome

The good news is I did get a lunch reservation . I didn't expect to have any choice, but there were several for lunch only. We've decided to go the weekend instead of on the holiday, although I think it'll bee more crowded.

I've never gotten WoC dining fast passes so I'm excited for a good view. Actually I've never gotten any fast passes for WoC, we just watched it from our room most of the time and last time I saw it we just stood as close as we could to the viewing area near the orange zephyr.
TotalDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 04:55 AM   #5
zavandor
DIS Veteran

When I was in DL three weeks ago I watched WoC two times. The first time I was in the blue zone, just in second line and not central and I liked the show.

But since I read here that the show can be much better in a good spot, I decided to make the dining and take the preferred seating (it was before Carthay Circle opening) and ended watching it on the stairs connecting the lower floor to the second, a really good spot. I LOVED IT. Having a good spot really changes the experience. It's so much much better.
I'm sure you'll have a wonderful day!
zavandor is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: