Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-14-2012, 08:13 PM   #1456
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda

Very cool! We had the pp+ this last trip... but I honestly would not recommend it. That is 2 fails... once in DLR and once in WDW. If you are not a group that separates.. then maybe... but if you have any plans of not staying together it just isn't worth it.
Why is the + bad if in a group??
Old 10-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #1457
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark
I preordered the Photopass CD a couple of days ago. Nick, Andy and I are "sharing" it and each paid $40.00. Andy will download the photos to a new CD for Nicki.

Other than that, can't think of anything new. Oh, wait, Nicki and I have decided not to go shopping to DTD on our MK day. We just figured we aren't going to have enough time with the new Fantasyland stuff being open and we want to go to WL to see the decorations.
I agree with skipping shipping! Have fun at the new fl!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-15-2012, 12:55 PM   #1458
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I like the idea of skipping shopping at DTD. There will be so much great new stuff to see in MK!
Old 10-15-2012, 01:04 PM   #1459
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I preordered the Photopass CD a couple of days ago. Nick, Andy and I are "sharing" it and each paid $40.00. Andy will download the photos to a new CD for Nicki.

Other than that, can't think of anything new. Oh, wait, Nicki and I have decided not to go shopping to DTD on our MK day. We just figured we aren't going to have enough time with the new Fantasyland stuff being open and we want to go to WL to see the decorations.

Sounds like a good idea!
Old 10-15-2012, 09:47 PM   #1460
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkedupmomma View Post
Why is the + bad if in a group??

You have to physically have the card (which you are only given one) to add the ride photo to.

Say your group splits up... and some (without the card) ride on say space mountain. The person holding the card has 48 hours to return to space mountain to have that photo retrieved and added to the card.

I guess if you were all in the same park it wouldn't be so bad, but when some of our group went to one park for the day and the other to another... it meant that we missed adding some pics.

Despite what you may read too..

1. you can not take a pic on your phone and have the cm add the photo that way.

2. You can not go to guest services at any park to have any ride photo added.

3. You can not call disney photo pass guest services to have them add the photos.

AND... lets not forget.... if anyone in your group dines where pictures would be granted... they HAVE to have the card with them or you will not be given the hard copy photos.

hope that helps...
Old 10-16-2012, 02:04 PM   #1461
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
You have to physically have the card (which you are only given one) to add the ride photo to.

Say your group splits up... and some (without the card) ride on say space mountain. The person holding the card has 48 hours to return to space mountain to have that photo retrieved and added to the card.

I guess if you were all in the same park it wouldn't be so bad, but when some of our group went to one park for the day and the other to another... it meant that we missed adding some pics.

Despite what you may read too..

1. you can not take a pic on your phone and have the cm add the photo that way.

2. You can not go to guest services at any park to have any ride photo added.

3. You can not call disney photo pass guest services to have them add the photos.

AND... lets not forget.... if anyone in your group dines where pictures would be granted... they HAVE to have the card with them or you will not be given the hard copy photos.

hope that helps...
Wow....I had heard all those other things worked...especially the picture thing on the phone.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:29 PM   #1462
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Wow....I had heard all those other things worked...especially the picture thing on the phone.
I don't know if they are cracking down... but each cm I asked about the phone pics told me that it was against policy and even showed me on the card where it states that.
Old 10-16-2012, 05:36 PM   #1463
inkedupmomma

Wth! I read you can do that! That's why I did it! Jeeze! Can reg pp cards still be added manually at end? I'm so bummed!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:08 PM   #1464
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Wth! I read you can do that! That's why I did it! Jeeze! Can reg pp cards still be added manually at end? I'm so bummed!
Yes, the reg. pp cards can be added manually. You just can not add a ride photo to the reg. pp card.

Who knows... maybe you will have better luck than I did. You can try to take a pic of the card and see if they will do it. The cms I tried with wouldn't even try... just each time told me the physical card had to be presented. I also tried to enter photos from one park at the camera shop place at another and they could not even pull up the photo. It worked fine though if we returned to the exact ride with the exact ride photo numbers. Good luck
Old 10-22-2012, 04:05 PM   #1466
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Oh that sounds like such a great day and I agree with a previous post....I think this trip is exactly what you need....hugs and love to you my friend!
Thanks, Queen. Mark and I both need this trip, but at least things are looking up with my mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
I am so sorry about your Mom Kathy. Thats really hard. I remember when my grandma was declining like that. She was so healthy, but had no clue who most of us were and the only ones she seemed to care about were all the littlest great grandkids. It was so stragne to see someone who in the past remembered every good and bad detail to basically remember nothing about any of us.

I think your Dec trip sounds wonderful and it will be great to get away again. I know what you mean about subxcribed threads. It has taken me so long to get causght back up after an 8 day trip. In Nov I will be gone 2 weeks. I can imagine how long it wil l take to get caught back up after that.
Mom is actually doing a lot better which is a good thing...she was on way to many medications.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Very cool! We had the pp+ this last trip... but I honestly would not recommend it. That is 2 fails... once in DLR and once in WDW. If you are not a group that separates.. then maybe... but if you have any plans of not staying together it just isn't worth it.
I still don't understand what the pp+ is, but I just want the standard pp.

Quote:
I agree with skipping shipping! Have fun at the new fl!!
Nicki and I can go shopping in April and August, I'd rather enjoy as much park time as we can since I don't know when we'll get back at the holidays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I like the idea of skipping shopping at DTD. There will be so much great new stuff to see in MK!
Me too; Nicki and I spend two whole days shopping when we are in Marco, so skipping it at Disney won't hurt us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post

Sounds like a good idea!
Thanks, Tim. I'm sure you would think so as with any typical man you can't figure out why us women shop to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Caught up here now too! Didn't realize you were keeping this report open for your Dec trip. It sounds like it's going to be so much fun!!!
I'm trying to keep it open since it is a PTR for December now, but I've neglected it because I've nothing new to post. Perhaps in a week or two, I'll start to review each day's plans.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:10 PM   #1467
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Whew all caught up and I didn't miss any tributes did I????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 10-22-2012, 07:31 PM   #1468
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Whew all caught up and I didn't miss any tributes did I????
Can't have a tribute if we didn't take the trip yet.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:16 AM   #1469
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I still don't understand what the pp+ is, but I just want the standard pp.
with the + you get all the hard copy photos at dinning locations (like Tusker House, 1900 PF..etc without paying extra) You also get all the ride photos (only digital copies though) But those photos all get loaded to your cd that comes.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #1470
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Posters made

I am far from any kind of artist and I don't even bother trying. But Mark is by his dad's today helping him clean out the rest of the stuff out from the house before his dad moves in with his daughter next week and stayed for the Bears game (if that's what you call what my Bears are doing today ). So I ran to Walgreens and got the poster board for the surprise and wrote it put and hid it under Andy's bed. Andy will put the first poster downstairs by Mark's chair before we get home and the second poster will be upside down on his suitcase up on our bed when we go up to change from work.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: