Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #1441
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I accomplished something I thought would never happen...I caught up on all of my subscribed threads. Remind me to never take a two-week vacation again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
I'm sorry about the diagnosis.

Looks like a great party!
It was a great party...thanks, Tink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Awww...those were great party pics! They look so happy together
They are happy and they got some great gifts and cash; they're coming home again this weekend for an Alumni dinner for Mark's high school wrestling team...can't wait to see them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
So sorry about your mom, Kathy. You've had a lot to deal with this year. At least you have a lot of good things to look forward to, like your December Disney trip and the wedding! Looks like the party was a lot of fun!
Thanks, Jen. It's been a rough summer/early fall thus far. My December trip is only 56 days away and I can't wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
The party looked like a success!! Way to go, Ms. Kat!! Love the pictures.

No worries on when you start your TR, you have a lot of other things on your plate and mind right now. We're all here, not goin anywhere.

So sorry to hear about your Mama. I wish I knew what to say to heal your heart over this.
Thanks, Camille. Mom got moved to a new nursing home yesterday and we'll see how things go. It didn't go well at the hospital and I really don't have the energy to rehash it all. I hope this will be better for her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
So sorry to hear about your mom.

Looks like the party was a big success!
Thanks, for the hug, Amanda, and the party was a hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I'm sorry about your mother.

Love the pictures of the party, it sounds like a real success!
Thank you...everyone loved the food and a good time was had by all. It was great fun when Alisha's mom decided everyone should introduce themselves around the room. She went first at my insistence and said, "I'm the Mother of the Bride, and I'm paying for this wedding." So when it was my turn I said, "I'm the Mother of the Groom, and I'm NOT paying for this wedding."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Love the photos, Kathy...you have a wonderful family!

You have been through so much this year. We found the planning of Mia's wedding brought back joy again (after a couple of years of profound grief)...it is such a joyful event and brings new life and a sort of healing (or at least softening) of the difficult times. I am so happy you have Mark & Alisha's wedding to look forward to - very exciting time!

....And you have a magical Disney birthday surprise in just a couple of months!!
Thanks, Christine. We had so much fun. And I've been helping Alisha with the Save the Date cards which are going out next month (I'll post a final pic when I get mine).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
So sorry about your mom Kathy!

It looks like you had a great party & everyone had fun! Thanks for sharing the pictures.
Thank you, Amy. I hope you are having a great trip with the girls (it sure sounds like it from FB).

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Looks like it was a great party. I'm sure that was just what you needed this weekend.
It was a good way to get my mind off of things, Andy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Thanks for sharing the wonderful photos! Everyone is smiling and happy and glad to be there - what a great day! And you even had a hidden or not so hidden Mickey make an appearance with your napkin holder!

You looked lovely in your pretty sweater and sweet smile.
Don't you just love my napkin holder?

Thank you...I bought that sweater the day before...I love it.
Old 10-11-2012, 03:28 PM   #1442
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
what great photos of the party....looks like everyone had a wonderful, happy time!

sorry to hear about your mom, hope they will be able to help slow it down
It was a fun time...even the beer pong at the end which I stink at.

Thanks for the hug.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Nice pics Kat. I even spotted a Mickey napkin holder.

So sorry to hear about the diagnosis for you mom.
I bought that napkinholder years ago off the Disney website...I also have a paper towel holder, cup holder, salt & pepper shakers, silverware, etc., etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Glad you are back.

So sorry about all the sorrow this past week.

The engagement party pictures look like fun was had.

Subbed to the new one but need time to go and read.
Thank you, Pat. It's been a rough one that's for sure. But the party gave us an excuse to think of something else and celebrate.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-11-2012, 04:12 PM   #1443
KatMark
DIS Veteran

December Update

It's been forever since I've done a December update (and I'm going to keep this PTR going for December as I don't want to start a new one). Some of the previous days may have some alterations, but I'll get to those in due time. If I remember correctly, my last update was Sunday and Todd and Nicki leaving and the kids and us going to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

That would bring us to Monday, December 10. This will be Mark's and my last day (we'll leave early on Tuesday morning); the kids don't leave until Wednesday so they have all day Tuesday to do what they want on their own.

First order of business will be to take a cab to Downtown Disney (I'll miss not having the boat like we do at OKW). Des had one request and that was to have breakfast at Wolfgang Puck's Express. Since we made ALL plans without consulting her, I figured this was the least we could do.

From there, we are heading to the Studios. A certain young man needs revenge against his father on this:

We hope to go to Animation Studios and do a drawing and catch some of these guys:

We have a lunch ADR at Sci-Fi as I think Des will like it...she's never been.

I'm not sure what our evening plans are. Downtown Disney maybe? Dinner at Fultons?
Old 10-11-2012, 04:51 PM   #1444
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

I am so glad you have this trip coming, I can only imagine how much it is helping to get you through everything. Praying that the new nursing home is better.
I'd like to do breakfast at WPE one of these days, it always sounds good! Sci Fi is a fun lunch place and having the evening unplanned can sometimes be the very best plan!
Old 10-11-2012, 06:41 PM   #1445
solana131
DIS Veteran

I have WPE on my list for next Oct. Actually, I have a lot of DTD on my list. I have just buzzed through there both times I've been, but in Oct I will have a girlfriend there with me who likes to shop. I can see us leaving the kids with the guys for an evening and heading out.

I like your introduction at the party..."I'm NOT paying..."

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR *In Progress*: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 10-11-2012, 09:42 PM   #1446
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a good plan for the day! I'd like to try breakfast at WPE since we've enjoyed lunch there before.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:53 PM   #1447
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
I am so glad you have this trip coming, I can only imagine how much it is helping to get you through everything. Praying that the new nursing home is better.
I'd like to do breakfast at WPE one of these days, it always sounds good! Sci Fi is a fun lunch place and having the evening unplanned can sometimes be the very best plan!
Tonight was really rough. Mom got moved to a Nursing Home yesterday afternoon from the hospital. I didn't go last night as I wasn't feeling great, but my brother went. I went tonight and I had all I could do NOT to cry. She was standing at the nurses desk showing her puzzle book in an orderly's face while he was on the phone; we walked her back to her room and she didn't know who I was (although she did know Bob), she kept telling me there were clips on the floor for the table and other strange stuff. It was so sad. I hate to say it, but it would be better if she had a physical illness as we would know how to deal with it; this is just too hard and painful.

I love Sci Fi...great atmosphere AND onion rings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
I have WPE on my list for next Oct. Actually, I have a lot of DTD on my list. I have just buzzed through there both times I've been, but in Oct I will have a girlfriend there with me who likes to shop. I can see us leaving the kids with the guys for an evening and heading out.

I like your introduction at the party..."I'm NOT paying..."
We've done dinner, but never breakfast. I enjoy trying something new every once in awhile (although I think we are going to five places we have never been to eat on this short December trip).

Well, I'm NOT paying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Sounds like a good plan for the day! I'd like to try breakfast at WPE since we've enjoyed lunch there before.
I did lunch with the girls there in January and really enjoyed it, so I'm sure breakfast will be good too.
Old 10-11-2012, 09:59 PM   #1448
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

I'm so sorry your Mom is declining. Hugs to you all

On a positive note, your last day at WDW in December looks like fun. Only place I've eaten breakfast at WDW is Sunshine Seasons. I usually just bring a granola bar since I'm not huge on breakfast. But I'm sure Wolfgang breakfast will be fantastic!

I thought 7 was supposed to be a lucky number?? A September TR
Old 10-11-2012, 10:28 PM   #1449
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry about your mom Kathy. My grandmother had alzheimers and I feel guilty about it now, but I didn't go see her the last few years of her life because it was just too painful. I wanted to remember her the way she was and couldn't bear to see her when she didn't know me and became combative.

On to your update, I'm so excited that we overlap!! I haven't made any real plans yet. I think I'm going to hang out with Happydog and her boys until the party starts on Sunday, then we are meeting at the Blue Zoo for dinner on Monday, but that is all I've got so far. You and I will have to try and work out a quick meet!
Old 10-12-2012, 06:56 PM   #1450
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I am sorry I missed your welcome home! It is always hard to come home, but coming home to your mom and her not being well could not have been easy! Adding in the party (that looks as though you all had a good time at) must have been like a roller coaster ride!!! I hope all settles down for you soon. I have to get on to your TR and catch up. I have vowed to get caught up on on the threads I am sub'd to before starting to read the new ones... or starting my own. I will get there though... I PROMISE!!!
Old 10-13-2012, 03:10 PM   #1451
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
I'm so sorry your Mom is declining. Hugs to you all

On a positive note, your last day at WDW in December looks like fun. Only place I've eaten breakfast at WDW is Sunshine Seasons. I usually just bring a granola bar since I'm not huge on breakfast. But I'm sure Wolfgang breakfast will be fantastic!
Thanks for the hug...it is deeply appreciated.

We've done many breakfast in DW; I'm not normally a breakfast eater, but I love to eat breakfast on vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I'm sorry about your mom Kathy. My grandmother had alzheimers and I feel guilty about it now, but I didn't go see her the last few years of her life because it was just too painful. I wanted to remember her the way she was and couldn't bear to see her when she didn't know me and became combative.

On to your update, I'm so excited that we overlap!! I haven't made any real plans yet. I think I'm going to hang out with Happydog and her boys until the party starts on Sunday, then we are meeting at the Blue Zoo for dinner on Monday, but that is all I've got so far. You and I will have to try and work out a quick meet!
Thanks, Michelle. I've had my own guilt lately as my mom and I are not as close as my dad and I were (long story), but I will do everything I can for her.

I am so glad we overlap too; I'm sure we can at least find a time to at least have a cocktail or a coffee or something. I am very excited to finally meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am sorry I missed your welcome home! It is always hard to come home, but coming home to your mom and her not being well could not have been easy! Adding in the party (that looks as though you all had a good time at) must have been like a roller coaster ride!!! I hope all settles down for you soon. I have to get on to your TR and catch up. I have vowed to get caught up on on the threads I am sub'd to before starting to read the new ones... or starting my own. I will get there though... I PROMISE!!!
Thanks, Ann. It's been a roller coaster since just before the trip with Mark's mom dying and then my mom who is progressively getting worse and then all the prep for the party. The party was a success so that makes me happy.

Do join on the TR...it won't be the same without you.
Old 10-13-2012, 03:15 PM   #1452
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I preordered the Photopass CD a couple of days ago. Nick, Andy and I are "sharing" it and each paid $40.00. Andy will download the photos to a new CD for Nicki.

Other than that, can't think of anything new. Oh, wait, Nicki and I have decided not to go shopping to DTD on our MK day. We just figured we aren't going to have enough time with the new Fantasyland stuff being open and we want to go to WL to see the decorations.
Old 10-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #1454
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

I am so sorry about your Mom Kathy. Thats really hard. I remember when my grandma was declining like that. She was so healthy, but had no clue who most of us were and the only ones she seemed to care about were all the littlest great grandkids. It was so stragne to see someone who in the past remembered every good and bad detail to basically remember nothing about any of us.

I think your Dec trip sounds wonderful and it will be great to get away again. I know what you mean about subxcribed threads. It has taken me so long to get causght back up after an 8 day trip. In Nov I will be gone 2 weeks. I can imagine how long it wil l take to get caught back up after that.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:12 PM   #1455
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I preordered the Photopass CD a couple of days ago. Nick, Andy and I are "sharing" it and each paid $40.00. Andy will download the photos to a new CD for Nicki.

Other than that, can't think of anything new. Oh, wait, Nicki and I have decided not to go shopping to DTD on our MK day. We just figured we aren't going to have enough time with the new Fantasyland stuff being open and we want to go to WL to see the decorations.
Very cool! We had the pp+ this last trip... but I honestly would not recommend it. That is 2 fails... once in DLR and once in WDW. If you are not a group that separates.. then maybe... but if you have any plans of not staying together it just isn't worth it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: