Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-13-2012, 09:53 AM   #1201
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It's almost here!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Last edited by mickeystoontown; 09-13-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-13-2012, 10:46 AM   #1202
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Just want to wish you and Mark a safe and wonderful time!!!!! (In case I don't make it back here before Saturday morning!)

I saw some posts on FB this morning of no lines in some major headliners like Soarin'!!!!!! Hope the crowds stay low for you!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-13-2012, 12:20 PM   #1203
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
So the trip is getting closer and closer and I am super excited (so is Mark).

First, big news. Guess who is flying FIRST CLASS both ways? If you guessed Mark and I, you would be right. Have I ever told you that I have the BEST boss on the planet. At his age, his travel is a lot less (he's 86 and will be 87 in January) and he has all these miles that will end up going to waste. He said let me see if I can upgrade you and Mark as a little something special for all you've been dealing with on your trip out to Orlando. He called today and they said they could do it and asked if he wanted to upgrade us on the return and he said yes. So we are flying FIRST CLASS ladies and gentleman.
on the upgrade to First Class!!! What a great boss you have, and you guys deserve every bit of it after what you have been dealing with lately!!! Now I'm sending a little that you will also get a room upgrade, or at least the perfect location, when you arrive!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Yes, it is almost here. Pedicure done; nails done; hair cut and color tomorrow and finish packing on Friday and then we are off at 4:30 Saturday morning.
Not sure if that is for all the crap you women think you have to do to yourselves before you can go on a trip, or the fact you have a 4:30AM flight to make............

So excited you are leaving so soon!!! Wish I could be there to join you.........

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 09-13-2012, 01:32 PM   #1204
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Counting the hours now, aren't you?

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 09-13-2012, 01:43 PM   #1205
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It's almost here!
Soon....very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Just want to wish you and Mark a safe and wonderful time!!!!! (In case I don't make it back here before Saturday morning!)

I saw some posts on FB this morning of no lines in some major headliners like Soarin'!!!!!! Hope the crowds stay low for you!!!
Thanks, Tim. I appreciate it knowing how busy you are.

I hope the major headliners are slow...it will give us more "relaxation" time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
on the upgrade to First Class!!! What a great boss you have, and you guys deserve every bit of it after what you have been dealing with lately!!! Now I'm sending a little that you will also get a room upgrade, or at least the perfect location, when you arrive!!!

Thanks, Marv. I don't need a room upgrade (although a one-bedroom villa would be lovely at OKW), but I really am hoping for that nice view for Mark especially.

Not sure if that is for all the crap you women think you have to do to yourselves before you can go on a trip, or the fact you have a 4:30AM flight to make............

I do all that crap because it is something that is JUST FOR ME! The flight is actually at 6:41, but we have to leave for the airport at 4:30 a.m.

So excited you are leaving so soon!!! Wish I could be there to join you.........
One of these days we will meet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Counting the hours now, aren't you?
Hours are being counted until I get out of this office and until we are on that plane. Let's see if I do this right....22-1/2 hours until I'm out of the office and 40-1/2 hours until our flight.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:02 PM   #1207
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Less than 48 hours now.....

Pedicure and nails are done, hair cut and color are tonight and finish packing tomorrow night (or if the Bears are getting blown out by the Packers tonight I'll pack tonight).

So in less than 48 hours we will be on a 6:41 a.m. FIRST CLASS flight to Orlando.

I left you with our day on Sunday at the parks, so let's recap a couple of more days.

Monday, September 16 --

We will be headed here:

I'm sure we will go here first:

so that Mark can ride first thing (I don't do it anymore!).

We'll then head to the Safari where I'm sure we'll see these guys:

This morning I was finally able to secure an ADR for Tusker House. I've heard so many good things about it that I really wanted to give it a try. So we will have a late breakfast there at 10:30 a.m.

We'll also want to do Dinosaur (well, probably me alone), It's Tough To Be a Bug, Rafiki's Planet, the trails, Festival of the Lion King, Camp Mickey and Minnie and I definitely have to stop to see my favorite pal:

We also want to stop at the Dawa Bar so I can have another of those scrumptious Strawberry Pina Coladas I had when I went with the girls, and Mark wants to try an African beer.

From there, we will be heading here:

We'll go and see if there are any Fastpasses for Soarin' available. We'll hit a few things in Future World before we have dinner here:

Depending on how tired we are, we might stroll over to WS to hit a few countries before we call it a night.

Tuesday, September 18 --

We are headed back here:

(minus Andy until December)

We plan on spending the entire day and early evening at Epcot. We'll go here first:

Then it will be breakfast at Sunshine Seasons and just catching and doing everything we can at Epcot this will be our last day here.

We also have an ADR for lunch at 1:10 p.m. at Rose & Crown, but we may cancel it and just eat at different counter services in WS.

We will leave around 6:30 p.m. and go over to the Studios to see Fantasmic which we have NOT seen since 2008 (this is, unless Mark is enjoying his time at Epcot and doesn't want to leave).

and then have breakfast at Sunshine Seasons.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:06 PM   #1208
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Have a safe trip. I know you will have a blast!
Thanks, Tink. I'm sure we will.
Old 09-13-2012, 02:13 PM   #1209
lovealldisney
Lover of all things Disney!

Quote:
(or if the Bears are getting blown out by the Packers tonight I'll pack tonight).

Yes this will be happening so you might as well pack ........ then again they didn't do so well last Sunday... So you never know...

Have a great trip can't wait to read all about it!
Old 09-13-2012, 04:12 PM   #1210
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Yay! I am so excited for you! Enjoy your first class flight, and I am so looking forward to your TR. Have a great trip Kathy
Old 09-13-2012, 06:36 PM   #1211
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay, it's almost time! I love the last couple of days before a Disney trip, when you have to run around and do all those last minute things like get your hair cut and nails done and all that, so much fun! All of your plans sound great, your trip is going to be amazing!!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 09-13-2012, 06:40 PM   #1212
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Your plan sounds great! I'm sure you guys will have a blast! Now you just have to get thru tomorrow, which I know from experience, will probably drag on slowly If I don't talk to you before you leave, have fun!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

Old 09-13-2012, 08:52 PM   #1213
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

I've been MIA, but I'm back just in time to send you off with some safe/happy travel wishes! Hope you have a wonderful trip, Kathy!

I'll be living vicariously through your FB updates!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 09-13-2012, 08:57 PM   #1214
Luv0fDisney
DIS Veteran

Wink

awesome PTR. Signing in to follow... I too have PTR going (siggy)

Check out my 2014 Pre-Trip Report
Wish It Was May

Check me out on Pinterest!
Luv0fDisney's Pinterest

Old 09-13-2012, 09:12 PM   #1215
4Pluto
Mouseketeer

Kathy,

Here's hoping that you get to do everything on your to do list and more, that you get to meet and greet every character on your wish list and more and that you get to eat every treat on your menu lists and more and when you are all finished, that you still have time to relax by the pool.

Say hello to Pooh for us all.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: