Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 08:40 PM   #1067
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Prayers for Alisha too. You sure do need a break from worrying about everyone!!! Good thing your trip is coming up soon.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 01:13 AM   #1068
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Oh Kathy... I'm excited that your trip is so close but I'm so sorry about your mom and Alisha. Hoping and praying for a good report soon for both. My middle son's wife had similar issues as Alisha about 2 years ago and eventually had her gall bladder removed.

Take care!
Old 09-05-2012, 07:01 AM   #1070
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Continued prayers Kathy!!!
Old 09-05-2012, 01:15 PM   #1071
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Alisha has been added to the prayer list...
Thank you, Judy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Alisha has been added to the prayers for your family! I hope it's something minor and easy to fix!

Prayers that everything goes well for you mother tomorrow, and that the mental issue was just a one time thing and a reaction from something else, like a nightmare as you said.
Thanks; Mom had another "episode" yesterday according to my brother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Wishing Alisha a quick and painless surgery and a fast and simple end to her pain.

Thanks, Pat. She's scared...but she's never had any kind of surgery before. Markie will be by her side throughout.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Glad to hear that your mom is in a better state of mind.

Alisha will most definitely be kept in my prayers.
Thanks so much my friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Thinking of you and your family Kathy.
Thank you fellow Cubs lover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Boy, you've had a lot of medical stuff going on! I'm just going to keep your family in my prayers until further notice.
When it rains, it pours....hoping this is the end of it for awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Sorry I didn't catch this last night Kathy! Thoughts and prayers go out for Alisha that her surgery goes smoothly on Friday and that it is only something minor and they can handle it then!!!
Thank you, Marv. I pray that they find nothing serious and that it is a quick fix for her.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:28 PM   #1073
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine1109 View Post
Hi Kathy, I have been following just not posting much. Hope all the medical problems work themselves out soon and you and your hubby can have a great much needed vacation. Elaine P.S. Cannot believe you are hosting that engagement party the weekend after you get back!!!!You will then need another vacation.
The things I will do for my son. I don't know what possessed me to say yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
praying for a success surgery for Alisha and great news that its nothing serious.

continued prayers for your mom's recovery too!
Thanks, Lisa. The prayers are appreciated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post

You ought to duck, my friend.

Just catching up on all of the goings-on with your family. Just amazing how much you have to deal with!

I'm very thankful they didn't find a tumor. Hopefully the doctors will be able to pinpoint the other problems and find a way to treat her.

It's insane, isn't it. It just seems to never stop.

You're not a bad daughter. You're doing the right thing. As you know, my grandmother recently passed away, and we hadn't spent a whole lot of time with her lately. She had the tendency to take out her frustrations and suffering on the people around her, and it made us not want to visit, you know? But now she's gone, and I'm regretting not going by more often. So--you're doing the right thing.

Thank you for understanding.

Ugh. We'll pray for her. We have some irritable bowel issues in our extended family and I know they're never fun to deal with. Hope they can find out the cause.
I hope it is something as simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
Sorry I haven't been posting much- I have been lurking, though. I really hope Alisha's surgery went well and I hope your mom is doing better.
Thanks, April. I hope Isis is doing better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
hope things turn around for you kathy, im sure things will be good for your future DIL...and your mom will heal.

the trip is very soon, i know you are excited.
Yes, it is very close. I wish you had a trip planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Prayers for your mother and DiL. It seems your family is just having a hard time with health here lately. Hopefully everyone will get a clean bill of health so you won't have to worry about them while you're away.
It's depressing and stressful, I'll tell you that. I am determined we are going on this trip and it will be worry free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Oh my Kathy. Hope your mom is ok and that alisha's surgery is nothing serious. They can zap away a lot if endometriosis thereby lowering infertility risk. Good luck to both of them.
Thanks, MaryEllen. Let's hope it's not that, but that is good to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
The hits just keep on coming don't they Kathy? I'll continue to keep everyone in my prayers!
Yes, they do, and I'm really tired of being hit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
I'm just gonna call you SUPER KATHY. You must have super powers to be able to deal with all this . Don't know what to say....just know I am thinking of you constantly! I hope things are kinda "settled" by the time you leave. I just really want you to be able to relax and enjoy your vacation. So you just tell everyone to quit it right now!
You are too funny...SUPER KATHY! Kathy was not so SUPER last night. I was so tired, I was in bed with my computer at 8 p.m. and kept falling asleep and just gave up trying to catch up on threads or update.

We are settled with Mark's mom if anything happens while we are gone (as there will be no funeral...just a small family gathering, it will wait until we get back). I'm hoping things will be settled or at least know what we are dealing with for my mom before we go.

I've told everyone I will accept no more sickness. I'm going to start popping Airborne the week before we go so I don't get sick.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #1074
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Kathy...I hope you can go away without carrying so much worry with you...a time to just relax and enjoy!

Holding all of you, especially your mom and Alisha, very near in heartfelt prayer....loads of dust too!
Thank you, Christine. Mark and I are hoping to just put all our troubles behind while we are away (although I don't know if that will be possible).

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfan61 View Post
Hi Kathy. I have not been on much lately so I had some catching up to do.

First off such good news about Juliana. I was so glad to see an updated pic of her as I was wondering as I was reading how old she is now. What a cutie. So glad to hear she is cancer free!!

Isn't it wonderful? And hasn't she grown!!! She is truly a princess.

Nice pics of the "kids" house. They must be thrilled!! Love the new sofa. I think we need a new one.

They are lvoing it; they had an "Iowa" football party this past weekend.

Love the engagement announcements!!

Thank you.

Prayers being sent your way for Mom & Alisha.

All prayers appreciated.

Your plans are looking good & getting so close!!
Hurry up ten days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Boy the good Lord is trying to keep you hopping...I hope everything goes smoothly.
I don't know what the good Lord is doing to me, but I say stop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Prayers for Alisha too. You sure do need a break from worrying about everyone!!! Good thing your trip is coming up soon.
Thanks, Ann. I'm hoping the trip will revigorate me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmysmommy View Post
Oh Kathy... I'm excited that your trip is so close but I'm so sorry about your mom and Alisha. Hoping and praying for a good report soon for both. My middle son's wife had similar issues as Alisha about 2 years ago and eventually had her gall bladder removed.

Take care!
Thank you, my friend. A gall bladder removal would not be so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Thinking of Alisha and really hoping they get to the bottom of things quickly!
Me too, me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post

Continued prayers Kathy!!!
Thanks, Judy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Praying.
Thank you, Tink.
Old 09-05-2012, 01:40 PM   #1075
KatMark
DIS Veteran

As I mentioned in one of my responses above, I had planned to do a December update last night, but I was emotionally and physically drained and ended up in bed at 8 p.m. I REFUSE to get sick for our trip.

We did make one little change in our trip in two weeks. The day we pick up the rental car (Thursday at 1 p.m.), we just planned on hitting the outlet malls and then having a counter service right before the Electrical Parade which we've not seen since they brought it back. We deciced to pick up the rental car, go to one outlet mall and then have dinner at Emeril's at CityWalk by Universal and then go to the Electrical Parade. I've decided WE need a special dinner and we've not been to Emeril's since we took Andy and his then girlfriend for his high school graduation back in 2004!

On the medical front, I've not talked to my mother today yet, but will call her later this afternoon. She was going down for a CT Scan as they still see a spot by her right lung.

I'm off to lunch with Andy's godmother in a few minutes, and will try to do the December update when I get back.

In the meantime, for those of you who followed my last TR when I did the Girls trip in January, you will remember our darling Cayley. Cayley and Avery are now in gymnastics and Miss Cayley fell off the bar last night and broke her arm in two places. This is my poor little girl on the way to the hospital:

Old 09-05-2012, 06:37 PM   #1077
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Poor little girl! Look at that sad face. I hope she feels better soon.
Old 09-05-2012, 06:50 PM   #1078
solana131
DIS Veteran

Oh poor Cayley! Hoping they are clean breaks and she has a speedy recovery!

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 09-05-2012, 07:17 PM   #1079
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

that's so sad, hope Cayley heals quickly

Old 09-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #1080
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Oh no! Poor Cayley!
She looks so sad, doesn't she?

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Poor little girl! Look at that sad face. I hope she feels better soon.
I just wanted to hop on a plane and give her a big hug

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Oh poor Cayley! Hoping they are clean breaks and she has a speedy recovery!
She was in pain, but slept some according to Mary (MaryAZ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
that's so sad, hope Cayley heals quickly
She already wants to know when she can go back and "condition." Gotta love that spunk.

Mr. Mark, Mr Andy and I sent her the below for arrival tomorrow...we thought it might cheer her up (they are cookies from CookiesbyDesign):

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: