Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-03-2012, 09:45 AM   #1036
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

wonderful news you mom doesn't have a tumor in her lungs...continued prayers for her recovery and that the stomach issue isn't a tumor either.

as a daughter with issue with her own mother, you need to do what's best for you Kathy, I learned that when I lost Jim and we had a heart to heart then....things have been better, but still have those moments.

so happy you have your upcoming trip to look forward to!

Old 09-03-2012, 11:11 AM   #1037
3prettyprincesses
"These pretzels are making me thirsty!"

Oh sweet Kathy. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's health issues. But I'm very glad to hear that the spot on her lung isn't a tumor! So they're checking her stomach for a mass then? Was it something they could feel or has she been complaining of pain? I'll be praying for that to turn out to be nothing. You and Mark have been dealing with a lot lately. Why must everything happen at once, right? I don't know but I'm sorry that it is.

Boy do I understand your feelings regarding your mom. My parents divorced when I barely a teenager (messily too!) and it was very dififcult for all involved. For many years I thought my dad was the bad guy until I learned differently. Now it's hard to feel especially close to her, for the things she did to my dad. I really do understand. But I'm certain that seeing your mom was most definitely the right thing to do and you're thankful you went. I'm sure it's much more complicated (and private) than you let on so just do what seems right to you my friend.

On to brighter things...is your trip truly only 12 days away?!?! So exciting. I know you'll probably start your TR within 2 days of your return too! You're a very responsible disser, unlike those who shall remain nameless...yes Marv and Timmy, I'm looking at YOU.
Register to remove

Old 09-03-2012, 12:58 PM   #1038
TarzansKat
I may be TarzansKat, but I love Captain Jack!
Wow. It's still getting pretty hot around here

I was really worried. I am glad your mom is okay, and hope that the stomach issue amounts to nothing. I am so looking forward to meeting you. I just can't wait for our trips!
Old 09-03-2012, 02:29 PM   #1039
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Kathy glad it is not a tumor !!But now something else to worry about !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 09-03-2012, 05:32 PM   #1040
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
My mom went to the doctor on Friday because she has been coughing up pfhlegm (I know that is not spelled right) with blood. The doctor said if she wasn't better after the antibiotic he gave her to go to the hospital (he thought it might have to do with her inhaler). She felt worse yesterday afternoon so my brother took her to the hospital. They think she may possibly have a tumor on her right lung. They did a cat scan last night; it came back "uncertain." It is either a tumor or pneumonia. She was admitted and is on IV fluid and an antibiotic; if she is not better in a couple of days they will run more tests.

We are on our way to see her as soon as I take my shower.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
So, we saw my mom. It is not a tumor on her lung, thankfully. She does have pneumonia and they have her on antibiotics. On Tuesday (after the Holiday), they will be doing another test, however, as they fear there is a growth in her stomach off to the side. She seemed okay...just very tired. I am a bad daughter and don't see my mom as often as I should (I won't go into all the horrid details, but we are not overly close, she did some things to my dad that I have never been able to forgive her for), but I did see her about two weeks ago and she really looked like she aged.

I am sorry to hear that your mom isn't well. Good news it isn't a tumor but I totally understand the mixed feelings.

I hope she recovers soon.

You are so close to your trip!!!!!
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 09-03-2012, 07:44 PM   #1041
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
So glad it's not a tumor on her lung. I hope there is nothing on her stomach either, or at least not a tumor. I have a cousin who gets cysts on her stomach every few years, so if it has to be something hopefully it will be something like that. And you are not a bad daughter! We all just do what we think is best with what we know. You went to visit her when she needed it and that's what matters!

You sound like me with the early packing! I tend to get more and more excited the closer it gets and start packing really early too.
Thanks; I love my mother, it is just we've not been as close as we were 20 years ago.

I've been throwing things in the closet for a month, but yesterday I just had to get out "some" clothes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Praise god that it's not a tumor. Prayers for continued healing. Sleep my friend. Get on that plane, turnoff the phones and go rest! Don't worry about parks or ADRs just rest and let pixie dust heal and rejuvenate. You both need and deserve it. Be away. With a capital A.
Thanks, Cynthia. I think once we get there I'll get that excitement about heading to the parks; but I'm really glad our first day is nothing but the pool and meeting TarzansKat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
So glad to hear it is not a tumor on her lung!
Thank you, Ann...I'm glad it's not a tumor either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Oh please send ME some excitement, I can't seem to find mine yet.

But let me dance for you with only 12 more days to go!!!

Judy, thank you for dancing with me.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:52 PM   #1042
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Ms. Kat, I'm so happy to hear they didn't find a mass in your mom's lungs. I will certainly be keeping her and you in my prayers. I hate, hate, hate, that you seem to be having all this hitting you and your hubby at once, it really is good you are getting away for a bit. You both could really use it.

As the saying goes, when it rains, it pours...and it sure has around here lately.

I totally understand having history with one's mother and not being extremely close. Please, please do what you need to do to have peace inside yourself, first and foremost. And please do what ever it takes to take care of you first, sounds selfish, but it's the only way to be healthy and available to those who are really needing you right now. And you are NOT a selfish daughter. There is history, sometimes that is bigger than we know how to deal with.

Thank you for the words of wisdome.

Looove the invites you had made, the kids are adorable, can't wait to hear about the party.

The party will be fun...the kids are really excited.

Their house is too cute, they really did a great job getting unpacked and looking like a sweet, little home already!!

Isn't it adorable....they are adjusting well and loving their "alone" time.

Dan, looooove the pics of the meet!! The kids, as always are beyond adorable, I hope to get to met you and your beautiful family some day soon.

Aren't those kids just adorable?

Looove how sweet you are Ms. Kat to send flowers for Ms. Juliana, she is getting to be such a big, young lady. I'm just soo beyond happy she's healthy!!

I could think of NO ONE more deserving than our Ana.

Ms. Kat, you and Niki are going to have a blast! It's just what you need right now. Time by the pool, the beach, add a little retail therapy, not to metion a caffeine fix or two, or three, or four thrown in for good measure....I think you'll get everything you'll need to relax and come back a refreshed, relaxed lady.

I can't wait to see her and get a big old sister hug.

In the mean time, enjoy your time before your trip, thinking about all you'll get to do on your trip is half the fun!!

I will.

You really have a beautiful family, I don't have any questions as to why you are a proud woman of all your boys.

Thank you, Camilee. They are really good young men.

My love to you Ms. Kat. Hang in there and know you have an ear to bend or a shoulder to cry on, if you need it. You are a truly blessed woman to have sooo many wonderful, loving and supportive brothers and sisters in your life. We all are. [/COLOR]
Thank you for the hug and the offer of your shoulder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
12 days? So jealous! I can't wait to visit the world in September again!

I didn't know Andy was going on the December trip. That's awesome! Cute picture of the 3 of you!
Thanks, MEK.

Yes, when Andy did not get a teaching job, he decided he could miss five days of subbing and come celebrate this big birthday with his dad. And Des, his girlfriend, will be joining too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Wow Kathy - you certainly have a lot going on! You really NEED this vacation!

I'm glad to hear your mom doesn't have a tumor on her lung! I'll continue to keep you all in my thoughts that things turn out OK with her stomach too!
Thank you, Amy. Yes, if we ever needed a vacation, NOW is the time.

Thanks for the thoughts for my mom..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm glad your mom only has pneumonia and it isn't something more serious! I know pneumonia is no picnic, but considering the alternative, I'm happy that's all it is! Praying she gets well soon!

Yay for going to Disney this month!!! If anyone needs and deserves this vacation, it's you!
Thank you, Jen. Pneumoia is not fun....especially when spitting blood, but definitely better than the alternative.

I can't wait....11 days (I'm counting today as being over ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
wonderful news you mom doesn't have a tumor in her lungs...continued prayers for her recovery and that the stomach issue isn't a tumor either.

as a daughter with issue with her own mother, you need to do what's best for you Kathy, I learned that when I lost Jim and we had a heart to heart then....things have been better, but still have those moments.

so happy you have your upcoming trip to look forward to!
Thank you, Lisa. I do call her once a week, I just don't go and see her as often as I should. My baby brother lives with her and takes care of her. She's just been a very unhappy woman for a very long time.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:58 PM   #1043
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3prettyprincesses View Post
Oh sweet Kathy. I'm so sorry to hear about your mom's health issues. But I'm very glad to hear that the spot on her lung isn't a tumor! So they're checking her stomach for a mass then? Was it something they could feel or has she been complaining of pain? I'll be praying for that to turn out to be nothing. You and Mark have been dealing with a lot lately. Why must everything happen at once, right? I don't know but I'm sorry that it is.

Thank you, Molly. The doctor feels something on her stomach and wants to check it out. Like I said earlier, when it rains, it pours. She has not complained of stomach issues.

Boy do I understand your feelings regarding your mom. My parents divorced when I barely a teenager (messily too!) and it was very dififcult for all involved. For many years I thought my dad was the bad guy until I learned differently. Now it's hard to feel especially close to her, for the things she did to my dad. I really do understand. But I'm certain that seeing your mom was most definitely the right thing to do and you're thankful you went. I'm sure it's much more complicated (and private) than you let on so just do what seems right to you my friend.

I do love my mom, she's just always been a very unhappy person. And I've had a very hard time forgiving her for the way she treated my Dad who was my best friend. He went into the hospital in December 2007, came home for two weeks, ended up back in the hospital, then the nursing home in March 2008 through the beginning of May when he went back to the hospital and then died in August of 2008. Not once during all of that time did she go and see him. Not once! When the hospital called to talk to her about my dad she told him to call "his daughter."

On to brighter things...is your trip truly only 12 days away?!?! So exciting. I know you'll probably start your TR within 2 days of your return too! You're a very responsible disser, unlike those who shall remain nameless...yes Marv and Timmy, I'm looking at YOU.
Yes, the trip is almost here. I've got to get my itinerary finalized, the rest of the suitcases out and charge the camera, etc. But I am ready to go. I promise I will get a TR started as soon as possible. It may not be until a week after we get back and we are done with the Engagement Party, but I'm sure it will still be faster than Marv and Timmy.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:08 PM   #1044
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
I was really worried. I am glad your mom is okay, and hope that the stomach issue amounts to nothing. I am so looking forward to meeting you. I just can't wait for our trips!
Thanks, Kat. One of the things keeping me going is that I am going to meet you in 13 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Kathy glad it is not a tumor !!But now something else to worry about !!
Thank you, Rosie. I have such good friends here on the DIS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I am sorry to hear that your mom isn't well. Good news it isn't a tumor but I totally understand the mixed feelings.

I hope she recovers soon.

Thank you, Pat.

You are so close to your trip!!!!!
I can't wait until the 15th gets here, trust me.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #1045
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Kathy, sorry I haven't been around much lately. We have been doing Stay-cations for the last 2 weeks! So sorry to read about your mom today. I'm so glad it's not a tumor in the lung. Hoping her pneumonia heels quickly. My thoughts and prayers with you all as she continues with tests and your vacation nears.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:13 PM   #1046
KatMark
DIS Veteran

THANK ALL OF YOU for the prayers for my mom and me.

I called my brother around 1 p.m. to see if he had talked to her. He had been sleeping (he worked until 6 a.m. and then went to the hospital after having received a phone call from the hospital). They called him at midnight while he was at work to say that she was acting "mentally unstable." He tried talking her down on the phone without much success. He then went there straight from work and she was still "out of it." He went home to get some sleep. Mark and I went at 3:30 and she seemed perfectly normal...we had told her yesterday when we were there that we were having the outside of the house painted) and she asked if it was done, she asked about the kids, etc. The only thing I can think is she had a bad nightmare or a lack of oxygen. My brother is there now and says she is much better "mentally." She is having another chest xray tomorrow and a test on her stomach.

I have ONE more prayer I need to ask of you. I've not said anything up until now, but Mark's fiance, Alisha, is having surgery on Friday morning. She has been having stomach issues for about three years. They pop up at any time...when she wakes up, after she eats, after exercise, etc. They are going to check for endometriosis and a few other things. I am praying whatever it is that it is minor and quickly fixable. I truly hope it is not endometrios as I know this can sometimes cause infertility, and certainly don't want it to be anything serious at all.

I can't do my December update as I had hoped because that folder is "at work" for safekeeping. I'll do it during lunch tomorrow if work is quiet.

Last edited by KatMark; 09-03-2012 at 08:20 PM.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #1047
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Kathy, sorry I haven't been around much lately. We have been doing Stay-cations for the last 2 weeks! So sorry to read about your mom today. I'm so glad it's not a tumor in the lung. Hoping her pneumonia heels quickly. My thoughts and prayers with you all as she continues with tests and your vacation nears.
Thanks, Tink. And no worries...not much has been going on here as far as plans. The trip is soon and I can't wait.
Old 09-03-2012, 08:18 PM   #1048
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Alisha has been added to the prayer list...
Old 09-03-2012, 08:59 PM   #1049
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Alisha has been added to the prayers for your family! I hope it's something minor and easy to fix!

Prayers that everything goes well for you mother tomorrow, and that the mental issue was just a one time thing and a reaction from something else, like a nightmare as you said.

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 09-03-2012, 09:37 PM   #1050
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

Wishing Alisha a quick and painless surgery and a fast and simple end to her pain.

POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: