Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #991
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Your plans for the Nicki-part of the vacation sound fantastic! Lots of fun with your friends and relaxing at the pool and beach! I had no idea you could take a boat to Key West from there, I didn't know it was that far south!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 08-30-2012, 08:34 PM   #992
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

What an adorable pix of Princess Ana !!! Kathy you are a sweetheart !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-30-2012, 11:13 PM   #993
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Love all your plans for Marco Island with your friends. That's always the best sort of plans!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 08-31-2012, 01:11 PM   #995
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that somebody must like their Starbucks...

The pool day, beach day, pool day, beach day thing wasn't the only pattern in that update.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:51 PM   #996
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh that sounds HEAVENLY! I want a trip like that with just Jeff.
As much as we love Disney, we do love our pool and beach time in an enviornment where there are no kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
sounds like a very relaxing time, with great friends and good food and LOTS of Starbucks
It is the best thing to do after Disney...relaxation and lots of Starbuck visits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Sounds like a great second week! I love your pattern... beach..pool...beach. Or was it pool... beach.. pool

Trip is getting close. I dont' know about you...but I am starting to panic at how close fall is. I noticed my own ticker and thought. I am no where near ready!!!
I think it was pool, beach, pool. But we could do it beach, pool, beach too.

I keep looking over my lists and swearing that I am forgetting something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Love those plans. They sound relaxing and awesome.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TarzansKat View Post
Aw, that is a great photo! Of all of you!
Thanks, Kat! I love the pic of the three of them but it looks like it might be from the night that I had the drink that went RIGHT TO MY HEAD.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:55 PM   #997
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Marco Island looks very relaxing. I'm sure you'll have a blast hanging out with everyone, shopping, stuffing your faces, and drinking overpr--uh, delicious coffee.
Old 08-31-2012, 03:59 PM   #998
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Isnt it tho? Thats why I told her to post it, we all look great! Many more pics to be taken very soon!

I think this year we need one where it doesn't look like I've been drinking all night.

So the plan for Marco/Naples is the Dynamic Duo get here on Fri early evening so there may be Starbucks that night, if not we will for sure be shopping our butts off the next day.

We are non stop shoppers, hopefully I can score some new summer clothes that are cheap, the are all on clearance right now, making room for the winter stuff...like we need that in SWFL!

I think on Sunday we will go to Tommy Bahamas, that is a nice night to do it, not too busy. They have live music at night and the food is amazing! The fancy pants shops will be closed so its a nice time to window shop down 5th Avenue and 3rd Street South....the cost of one blouse is more than a car payment lol!

Your last day for sure will be DaRuMa, we all love this place!

The middle time? Well we just need to work on that dont we lol. Def want to meet you guys at the Sand Bar on Marco, Todd was hooked once you told him there is a huge jar of pickles on the table He wants to know if we each get our own jar!
Plans sound great and I forgot about Tommy Bahama; looking forward to trying that for the first time. I told Romeo the story about the pickles and he was Only Todd. Only three more weeks until we're "home" Sis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Loved the group pix !!! I know a couple of Ladies who will be over the moon about Starbucks at Disney!!!!!!!
Definitely over the moon at Starbucks; although I'm a little angry with them right now. They are ending their cold drink promotion a little earlier this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Hey Kat! Looks like you had a great trip visiting the kids! What a great DIS meet with Dan too!

It was a blast. I still have one VERY important family to meet. You and I have to work on that.

Thank you everyone for thinking of us. Juliana has been a trooper through it all. For those who don't know she was diagnosed just a few weeks past her 1st birthday. Her tumor was found by her pediatrician at her 1 year well checkup. This is what she looked like then:

And this is what she looked like today- her first day of school. My big 1st grader.

Tell that Princess of ours to stop growing so fast...she looked so grown up on her first day of first grade.

Kathy and Mark sent her a big bouquet of flowers today and seeing how my DIS time is basically non-existant these days I'm sure Kathy will share a picture with you when I text it to her tomorrow. Thank you Kathy for thinking of Juliana (and us!!!!!)
Juliana definitely deserved something for her big day and we've sent her enough Disney stuff that we thought flowers, since she is becoming quite the lady, was the perfect gift. And, yes, I shared a picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
That child has serious sassy style. Love it!

That was very sweet of you Kathy to send flowers to Julianna. It's such a huge milestone for that family. I'm truly happy for them all.
Isn't she sassy? I love it too.

It seems like we've known that family forever and had to share in their happiness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
Yay!! It does count as Disney since it started on the DIS!! thats a good way to think about it

Sounds like amazing plans with wonderful friends again!! Its so wonderful to have such great friends like that, what a blessing
If it weren't for the DIS, Nicki and I would have never met, and then the guys wouldn't have met if it weren't for the DIS and Nicki and me. So it's a Disney trip in my mind.

We are truly blessed to have them in our lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
To echo your post on my thread, I'm so far behind, but will catch up this afternoon! I can't believe your trip is so close, I'm jealous since I have no trips planned right now!
Darn...I have got to get back to your TR (we were at the Cubs game yesterday and all heck broke loose when my SIL got back with questions on her mother and why the doctor was doing this and that. I promise...I'm there this weekend for sure, if not sooner.

I can't believe we leave two weeks from tomorrow. You need to start planning a trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
So nice to have some relaxation time after a busy Disney trip!

And some dancing bananas for Juliana & family!!

I don't know why we didn't think of a relaxing week AFTER Disney a long time ago.

Thanks for dancing for Juliana.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:11 PM   #999
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
what a cute photo of our Princess Ana! she is certainly stylin' for first grade! LOVE her new hair cut!

what a sweet gift Kathy and Mark!
Isn't that haircut adorable? She cut her hair for one of those cancer organizations that takes donated hair. Bless her heart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It sounds like the Marco plans are forming up very well. I know how you and Nicki like the non-stop shopping and your Starbucks coffee. Maybe knowing that you guys will get to see each other again so soon will keep the tears at bay.
I just wonder how many times Todd will change our dinenr plans? Nicki and I do love our shop-on.

Maybe we should have a contest to see who thinks one of us cries? two of us cry?, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Juliana is so adorable! I love her style. The picture of her smelling the flowers is so sweet!

Sounds like y'all will have a great end to the vacation! Shopping...pool time...beach time....eating....sounds perfect to me!!
She is a doll, isn't she.

I think the Marco plans are perfect too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Nah, the two of us turn into blubbering idiots whenever we leave each other
Who us? The men don't help any by standing there staring at us to see which one of us is going to lose it first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Caught up! The Marco Island plans sound great. I had to look where Marco Island is, since I'm planning on moving to Florida next year (). I'm going to be moving north of there though, to the Bradenton/Sarasota area.

Anyway, I'm sure you are so excited for your trip! Just over 2 weeks until you get to enjoy Disney, and see Nicki and Todd!
We've been to Bradenton/Sarasota. We drive through there or stop on our yearly business trip in April.

I can't wait....these last fourteen days are going to drag though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
DO NOT ENCOURAGE HER, Lisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
Your plans for the Nicki-part of the vacation sound fantastic! Lots of fun with your friends and relaxing at the pool and beach! I had no idea you could take a boat to Key West from there, I didn't know it was that far south!
Thanks, Jen. Yes, there is a cruise boat you can take from Marco to Key West...it is an all day thing. And, as I said and to which Nicki did NOT respond, if they want a break from us, we might do that one day.
Old 08-31-2012, 04:15 PM   #1000
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
What an adorable pix of Princess Ana !!! Kathy you are a sweetheart !!!
Thank you, Rosie. They are a beautiful family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Love all your plans for Marco Island with your friends. That's always the best sort of plans!
I can't wait...even though we saw them just four months ago, it seems like four years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Juliana got a new hair cut...Very cute!
Doesn't she look great with her new haircut...very grown up (which is making Tim get a little weepy-eyed).

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that somebody must like their Starbucks...

The pool day, beach day, pool day, beach day thing wasn't the only pattern in that update.
You got me there. I do love my Starbucks. But if their prices continue to rise, I may have to give it up and buy my own cappucino machine.

You are very observant to notice "two patterns."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
Marco Island looks very relaxing. I'm sure you'll have a blast hanging out with everyone, shopping, stuffing your faces, and drinking overpr--uh, delicious coffee.
Thanks, Mark. As long as we avoid any "Test Track" occurrences, don't break the bank, we should have a relaxing, wonderfully fun time.

I caught that dig at my Starbucks too....even though you didn't quite spell it out.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:54 PM   #1001
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Since I always seem to be sharing pics of Mark and Alisha, and never any of Andy, I thought I'd share a recent one with you...especially since he is going on our December trip for Mark's surprise 60th.

We went to the Cubs game yesterday with my boss as we do every year.

Unfortunately, we are a poor excuse of a baseball team, but Wrigley Field is a great place to spend a summer afternoon.

Old 09-01-2012, 10:03 AM   #1002
KatMark
DIS Veteran

We are going to Disney this month

I can't believe it...September is finally here. : Pretty soon we will be doing the single digit dance.

We are pretty set for the September trip. We are still looking for a "lower" rental car price for the nine days at the end of our trip. But everything else seems to be set. We don't need to go to the store...we have everything. We have no big plans this weekend (they may come and paint the outside of our house on Monday and we are not going to the bags tournament today becasue it is supposed to rain all day and I really don't want to get sick before the trip); next weekend we have a wedding to go to and then it will be our departure weekend.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #1003
inkedupmomma
If you live to be a 100, I hope to live to be 100 minus 1 day. So I never have to live without you.

Fantastic! So jealous! This time last year I was flying over the moon with excitement for our trip! Glad you are going in spirit for me!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: