Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-11-2012, 09:31 PM   #781
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

I can't believe you haven't watched Fantasmic since 2008! We love it, and never miss it.

You're going to have so much fun during your December trip hanging out with friends.

for Mickey mail!

Hope you feel better!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 08-12-2012, 04:39 PM   #782
disneyfan61
DIS Veteran

Thinking of you & hope you are feeling better!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-12-2012, 04:52 PM   #783
amandaw
DIS Veteran

I think EPCOT & DHS are both good choices for y'alls last night in Disney. Do you think y'all will just wait to decide that day? See which one you're wanting to go to more?

And the December plans sound like they are coming right along! I really hope y'all get an ADR for Be Our Guest. I want to hear all about it!

And for getting Mickey mail! That always helps to make the trip feel more real.
Old 08-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #784
marvali
DIS Veteran

Great getting Mickey mail! Congrats on finally snagging the airfare!

Hope you are feeling better!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 08-12-2012, 09:08 PM   #786
Poolrat
DIS Veteran

For the Mickey Mail and Airfare. I was able to book and re-book my DL flights.

Hope you feel better as well Kathy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
I did want to toss a warning about showing up early to Cape May dinner and hoping for an early table, as since it's got the $10pp CC hold, they may flag it as a No Show or late cancellation and charge you, you'd likely be able to get it back, but it's still a hassle. Glad you found something that worked better before that though .
Yes - remind them. The CM actually reminded me and then told me he was making sure I did not get charged as a no show since we were being seated early.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 08-12-2012, 09:47 PM   #787
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
Oops had your trips mixed up , enjoy OKW and of course I know you are excited to go back to CSR in December.
We really are; and with the great airfare I got for our December trip, I'm tacking on a night at the resort and we'll leave Tuesday morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
I have a "I have no idea what we are going to do" night too, feels weird to an over-planner like me! I'm sure whichever option you choose, you guys will have a great time!

Plans for Day 2 of the December trip sound fun, especially the shopping, laughing, talking part! Fingers crossed that you are able to score an ADR for Be Our Guest!
Isn't it weird not having a clue what to do? I know that we are all such planners and it feels so odd not knowing what I want to do.

I hope we can get Be Our Guest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Well lets see here...we are going to hit the Poly while having breakfast at Kona (NOTE TO SELF....each of us needs are own pressed pot of coffee!). Then we should go to the GF and check that out and take lots of pics in front of the huge tree and gingerbread house and then CR and then MK. Doest matter if we hit rope drop because it will not be that busy. Whatever we miss we can see at night right?

Definitely each getting our own pressed pot. I think hitting the resorts and then going to MK is perfect!

Todd...always concerned as to what he is going to eat I bet he will get the two of them a walk up somewhere, maybe the Plaza? Should I book them a ressie?

Why book them anything? With their luck, they'll walk into Be Our Guest.

I love that the boys do their thing and we do ours and in WDW of all places.....I cannot stand the wait! You know what? We may have to meet them back at MK instead of the resorts....if breakfast is at 8am and we tour the three resorts and then do MK and split from there around 1pm to go to DTD and you know us, we are gonna lose track of time! I forget what time the park is open until but the way my thinking is going you and I are gonna need alot of java so we can close the park down! Hence the reminder in my first paragraph!

I think meeting them back there is a very good idea. We do tend to lose track of time while we are shopping, laughing, talking etc. We can meet them and tell them to meet us by the PP photographer to get our picture in front of the tree. Yes, lots of java to keep us going. Will Starbucks be there yet?

For what its worth I did take off the entire day of Dec 6 so I can but a pain in my hubby's side and pester him about getting out early My plan is to pack on Wed night and load the car Thurs am, take him to work at 6am and just hang out in Ft Myers until I can get him out of there! Lucky for me there is tons of stuff to do in Ft Myers so I can stay busy...for instance there are 2 Starbucks right across the street! The great thing about his new location is it is that much closer to WDW...shaves an hour off my time!

Hey Older Sister...book that airfare will ya? If I can get handsome out at 2pm we will be in WDW by 4pm! Your flights determine how much of a pest I make of myself

Well, as you know by now, airfare is booked. We land just after 1 p.m. So Todd NEEDS to get out at 2 so you are there at 4 and we can meet at 4:30 or 5?????

This is gonna be the trip of trips...and there will be no sleep for the wicked because we need to see everything! Who knows when we can all get together to spend the holidays in WDW again? Unless we make this an annual thing just sayin'........
Heaven help the DIS when we get back. Ooh...I like the idea of an "annual" Disney Christmas trip. I better get working on scratching those lotto tickets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDreaming View Post
Lol, our last 3 trips have been more working trips than vacation. Planning the wedding, having the wedding (and entertaining friends and family for the week), and a friend's wedding (filled with many other friends). So, having an ADR-less trip is one way I can ensure we will be able relax and not feel tied down to anything. That doesn't mean I may not try to get us into something if we know which park we will be at.

I promise, if I see you guys, I will definitely say hello!

Loving the final Disney days plans for Operation September. Now I see I'm going to need to pay more attention as you are now sneaking in updates for December. Loving the shopping list. Any idea which style Dooney you'll be bringing home? DH doesn't know it yet but, I may be adding the new retro pattern to my collection.
I can't believe you haven't seen Fantasmic since 2008! We haven't seen it since 2010. Definitely making it a point to see this time. I may enjoy all the preshow goodness just as much as the show itself. It's quite the lively experience. I will admit I stream the Fantasmic preshow/show audio a few times a week on my iPod while I'm making dinner

I forgot to mention this before but, Alisha's dress is gorgeous! She'll look just stunning. I'm sure they are loving getting set up in their new home.
Will we bet at any of the same parks on the same day? I'd love to meet you.

I really need to get us to Fantasmic this year.

Thanks; Alisha is very happy with her choice. I can't wait to see it on her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Kathy sounds like Nikki has great plans for you guys and Mark and Todd can fend fo r themselves !!!
Nicki did great! And the boys are old enough to "play" alone for a little while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Sounds like a great plan! Sometimes no plan is the best. Then you can decide what you want to do without feeling bad that you're not sticking to the plan.

You might want to add a bride/groom Christmas ornament to the list. My MiL got one for DH and I when we were married, and it's gorgeous. You can have their wedding date put on it too.
Great thought on not feeling bad if I don't stick to the plan.

Yes, I'll get an ornament...thanks for the reminder. I'll get it dated for their wedding date and then give it to them as part of their wedding gift
Old 08-12-2012, 10:00 PM   #788
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
OMGosh, Ms. Kat! You and Nicki are gonna have a blast!!

Sounds like a great time visiting all the monorail resorts looking at Christmas decor!

I love having a good friend to laugh with, it's fun just doing the most mundane of things because you know you'll always have a blast laughing together!

I wonder what trouble Mark and Todd will get into without y'all?

By the way, do you think it will be hard to snag a ressie at BOG?
I'm sure Nicki and I will have a blast and we'll probably make complete fools of ourselves too.

I can't wait to see the monorail resorts

It's like we've known each other forever.

Oh, I'm sure Todd will think of something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cafeen View Post
Just posting my intermittent statement saying that I'm reading along and enjoying and stuff and I certainly wasn't randomly away from the DISBoards for about a week and a half or anything... I certainly did not skim since pg 40 to now. Nope.

Plans sounds great as always, I really enjoyed my CP breakfast last year, unfortunately, there's no room for one this year . In fact, I'm opting out of any character meals this year! /gasp! I did make sure to squeeze a Kona breakfast in there though, just so you know that I'm paying attention .

Another congrats to Andy and Alisha on the house, and I'll agree that Alisha's going to be beautiful in that dress. Not that I know anything about dresses, what-so-ever though .

I did want to toss a warning about showing up early to Cape May dinner and hoping for an early table, as since it's got the $10pp CC hold, they may flag it as a No Show or late cancellation and charge you, you'd likely be able to get it back, but it's still a hassle. Glad you found something that worked better before that though .
Thanks, Allan. I'm glad you are fitting in Kona...it's one of the best!

Mark (not Andy ) and Alisha moved in Friday and they've been busy painting the master bedroom. Today they took time out for engagement photos.

That's a very good point had we tried to get in earlier at Cape May. Good catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Holy cats, for a "slow" moving PTR it was plenty busy while I was gone! Gorgeous dress, new house and plans coming together nicely!
I realized I leave in five weeks and I better get moving on this.

I'm glad you like the dress.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
Oh Kathy, I hope she can get an ADR there! Here's keeping our fingers crossed for that!
Trust me...Nicki will be on the phone first thing that morning...she'll be up bright and early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
I can't believe you haven't watched Fantasmic since 2008! We love it, and never miss it.

You're going to have so much fun during your December trip hanging out with friends.

for Mickey mail!

Hope you feel better!
The problem is we only sepnd a half day at the Studios and we don't like missing TSM, etc. But I'm really going to try to fit in Fantasmic this trip

Love my Mickey mail.

[QUOTE=disneyfan61;] Thinking of you & hope you are feeling better!!

Thanks, Doreen...feeling much better. Fever and sore throat gone...lots of juice, water and popping pills yesterday. I felt so much better that I went out and bought new gym shoes and three pairs of shorts for our trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
I think EPCOT & DHS are both good choices for y'alls last night in Disney. Do you think y'all will just wait to decide that day? See which one you're wanting to go to more?

And the December plans sound like they are coming right along! I really hope y'all get an ADR for Be Our Guest. I want to hear all about it!

And for getting Mickey mail! That always helps to make the trip feel more real.
Right now, I'm leaning toward Fantasmic, but we'll see how things go.

I hope we get Be Our Guest too...it would be great to let everyone know how it is.

I can't believe the trip is less than five weeks away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Great getting Mickey mail! Congrats on finally snagging the airfare!

Hope you are feeling better!
Thanks, Marv. Feeling much better, and the cheap airfare helped too. Andy and Des made their airline reservations today for the December trip (nope, no job for Andy, so it looks as if they'll be joining us).

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Sounds like great airfare and I love Mickey mail!!!
Thanks, Cynthia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
For the Mickey Mail and Airfare. I was able to book and re-book my DL flights.

Hope you feel better as well Kathy.

Thanks, Pat. Feeling a lot better. When are you going to DL?
Old 08-12-2012, 10:11 PM   #789
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 7, Part 1

So we are sadly at our last day at the World.

After getting up, showered and packing up the rest of our stuff and getting in the car, we are headed here:

for breakfast here:

I will for sure be getting one of these (and may suggest to Mark if he wants any that he has to get his own ):

After breakfast, we will hit the gift shop at the Poly (assuming it is open) as Mark needs a new Disney "Hawaiian" style shirt).

Then we will head here for our last day:

We will hit as many favorite as we can:

Now, I will leave you in suspense about what we do for lunch and what we do before we leave the park? Although if you've followed my previous TR's, you'll know the answer to that.

And the kids went for their first set of "engagement photos" today. They stopped at the high school wrestling room to have a few taken there (they are incorporating serious as well as fun photos). The photographer took a picture with Mark's cell phone and I'm posting it for your viewing pleasure:

Old 08-12-2012, 10:20 PM   #790
PirateKate
DIS Veteran

Dinner at the Plaza, right? Sounds like a great last day!

I think our dates for the December trip may overlap a little. Maybe I'll see you there! I'm hoping crowds aren't too crazy with the new Fantasyland opening.

Love the engagement photo!
Old 08-12-2012, 10:41 PM   #792
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

What a gorgeous dress! You'll be posting wedding pictures before you know it!

So are the new homeowners sleeping in their own home tonight?

Your plans for enjoying epcot and hanging out with Nikkie sound like fun...thats what vacation is all about! Your shopping list sounds like one of my wish lists. I wish i had bought Mickey chimes when we were in epcot last year. I did buy a mickey gnome planter for Lesley though. (I have more of a brown thumb in the garden).
Old 08-13-2012, 08:09 AM   #793
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

One of these trips I'll get over to Kona for breakfast, I've heard nothing but good things about it!

I know where you will eat lunch and what you will do before you leave the park
Old 08-13-2012, 08:48 AM   #794
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
we have no clue.

Seriously, we're not sure what we're going to do.
I like it!

Sometimes there's just so much planning and coordinating that goes into these trips that it is great to have some time to just do whatever you feel like doing at that point in time.

Good luck with your MK visit on the 8th. I'll be interested to see how crowded it is. I think we're going to try to sneak over on the 7th to see the new Fantasyland, but I was a little concerned about how crowded it would be on a Saturday with the new attractions opening.
Old 08-13-2012, 09:10 AM   #795
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Even though the last day is always sad, it looks like y'all will get to have some fun!

We really enjoyed our dinner last year at Kona Cafe. I am determined to get there for breakfast one year. It may or may not happen this year.

And MK on the last day is always a winner in my book! Hope y'all can get all of y'alls favorites done!

ETA: That's so exciting that they're getting their engagement photos! I love that they're doing some silly ones!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

I can't believe the trip is less than five weeks away.
I know what you mean! I told Ed last night, "Do you realize we have 6 more weekends at home & then we'll be in Disney?" Hopefully, the next few weeks will fly by for both of us.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: