Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 02:55 PM   #766
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

What a stunning dress! She'll be a gorgeous bride. How awesome that they're closing on their first house. What an exciting time.

I hope that you have luck finding your dress. It's so pretty. Have you considered having yourself measured at a bridal salon and ordering it directly from the internet? If it's too big, you can have it altered anywhere. That's what I did when I ordered my wedding dress, and I saved a ton of $$$

Yay for a Disney Dooney! Good for you!
Old 08-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #767
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
What a stunning dress! She'll be a gorgeous bride. How awesome that they're closing on their first house. What an exciting time.

I hope that you have luck finding your dress. It's so pretty. Have you considered having yourself measured at a bridal salon and ordering it directly from the internet? If it's too big, you can have it altered anywhere. That's what I did when I ordered my wedding dress, and I saved a ton of $$$

Yay for a Disney Dooney! Good for you!
Thanks; she called me a little while ago to tell me she had the keys to the house and I told her everyone loved her dress and said she would be beautiful and she was very touched.

I might do what you suggest after I try on some dresses next weekend.
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 04:04 PM   #768
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 6, Part 3

So when I last left you a million years ago with my last update (hey, I warned you all that this was going to be a slow moving PTR ), we had just finished picking up the rental car, shopping, getting my Starbucks so I wouldn't die after six days without and Mark swimming and me packing).

So what are our plans for our last night in Disney you might be asking? And I will tell you, our plans are to...................

we have no clue.

Seriously, we're not sure what we're going to do.

We might go here

and we can hit up our favorites and take one more go round in WS and have another slushie and hit the German shop for Mark

or we could go here

and try to do RnR for Mark and TOT for me and go watch Fantasmic which we have not seen since 2008.

We'll probably do any last minute souvenir shopping we have whichever park we end up at so that we don't have to take any time to do shopping on our last day at the parks tomorrow (which would be Friday if we were actually already there).

I have a long list of things I want: a Dooney, Mickey gnome, bride and groom wedding pins, some stuff for the kitchen, Christmas ornaments, chimes (I better not let Mark see this list or he'll make me leave my credit card at home).

If we hit Epcot, we'll for sure do these:

If we do the Studios, we will try to hit up a few of these:

Up next (maybe in another million years ), where do we go for our last breakfast in the world and what park will we spend our day at?
Old 08-10-2012, 04:16 PM   #769
KatMark
DIS Veteran

December Trip Update #2

So I already told you what we are doing on Thursday and Friday. Therefore, here are the plans for Saturday.

We have a breakfast ADR at one of our favorite places -- Kona (I know Mark and Todd really, really love this place). Then we will hit the Magic Kingdom unti llunch time. At lunch, we are going to split up. Mark and Todd will do their thing (Todd wanted to know where he should eat...Nicki told him, you are a big boy...you and Mark can figure it out), Des and Andy will do their own thing and Nicki and I will do what we do best: we will go to DTD and laugh, shop, laugh, eat, shop, laugh, talk, talk, talk, talk...you get the picture.

I know we have a dinner at The Plaza at 6:15 back at the MK (although Nicki is going to bust her butt to try to get us an ADR at Be Our Guest...Andy has told her to "STEP TO THE PLATE AND GET IT DONE!). I'm not sure if we are touring the monorail resorts after breakfast before MK or before we go to dinner. Nicki, a little help here for your OLDER sister, please.

We will definitely finish the night at the MK.

AND FOR THOSE OF YOU LATE TO THE PARTY (or behind on threads like I am), the wedding dress has been ordered by Alisha and photos are on Page 50.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:43 PM   #770
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Oops had your trips mixed up , enjoy OKW and of course I know you are excited to go back to CSR in December.
Old 08-10-2012, 06:29 PM   #771
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

I have a "I have no idea what we are going to do" night too, feels weird to an over-planner like me! I'm sure whichever option you choose, you guys will have a great time!

Plans for Day 2 of the December trip sound fun, especially the shopping, laughing, talking part! Fingers crossed that you are able to score an ADR for Be Our Guest!
Old 08-10-2012, 07:20 PM   #772
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Well lets see here...we are going to hit the Poly while having breakfast at Kona (NOTE TO SELF....each of us needs are own pressed pot of coffee!). Then we should go to the GF and check that out and take lots of pics in front of the huge tree and gingerbread house and then CR and then MK. Doest matter if we hit rope drop because it will not be that busy. Whatever we miss we can see at night right?

Todd...always concerned as to what he is going to eat I bet he will get the two of them a walk up somewhere, maybe the Plaza? Should I book them a ressie?

I love that the boys do their thing and we do ours and in WDW of all places.....I cannot stand the wait! You know what? We may have to meet them back at MK instead of the resorts....if breakfast is at 8am and we tour the three resorts and then do MK and split from there around 1pm to go to DTD and you know us, we are gonna lose track of time! I forget what time the park is open until but the way my thinking is going you and I are gonna need alot of java so we can close the park down! Hence the reminder in my first paragraph!

For what its worth I did take off the entire day of Dec 6 so I can but a pain in my hubby's side and pester him about getting out early My plan is to pack on Wed night and load the car Thurs am, take him to work at 6am and just hang out in Ft Myers until I can get him out of there! Lucky for me there is tons of stuff to do in Ft Myers so I can stay busy...for instance there are 2 Starbucks right across the street! The great thing about his new location is it is that much closer to WDW...shaves an hour off my time!

Hey Older Sister...book that airfare will ya? If I can get handsome out at 2pm we will be in WDW by 4pm! Your flights determine how much of a pest I make of myself

This is gonna be the trip of trips...and there will be no sleep for the wicked because we need to see everything! Who knows when we can all get together to spend the holidays in WDW again? Unless we make this an annual thing just sayin'........
Old 08-10-2012, 10:29 PM   #773
FloridaDreaming
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Hi, stranger...I've missed you around here. It's been at least five years since we've been to Cape May for dinner so anxiously looking forward to going back. No ADR's? I don't know if I could do that. If that "random gal" is staring me down, you better say hello.
Lol, our last 3 trips have been more working trips than vacation. Planning the wedding, having the wedding (and entertaining friends and family for the week), and a friend's wedding (filled with many other friends). So, having an ADR-less trip is one way I can ensure we will be able relax and not feel tied down to anything. That doesn't mean I may not try to get us into something if we know which park we will be at.

I promise, if I see you guys, I will definitely say hello!

Loving the final Disney days plans for Operation September. Now I see I'm going to need to pay more attention as you are now sneaking in updates for December. Loving the shopping list. Any idea which style Dooney you'll be bringing home? DH doesn't know it yet but, I may be adding the new retro pattern to my collection.
I can't believe you haven't seen Fantasmic since 2008! We haven't seen it since 2010. Definitely making it a point to see this time. I may enjoy all the preshow goodness just as much as the show itself. It's quite the lively experience. I will admit I stream the Fantasmic preshow/show audio a few times a week on my iPod while I'm making dinner

I forgot to mention this before but, Alisha's dress is gorgeous! She'll look just stunning. I'm sure they are loving getting set up in their new home.
Old 08-10-2012, 11:53 PM   #774
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Kathy sounds like Nikki has great plans for you guys and Mark and Todd can fend fo r themselves !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 08-10-2012, 11:58 PM   #775
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Sounds like a great plan! Sometimes no plan is the best. Then you can decide what you want to do without feeling bad that you're not sticking to the plan.

You might want to add a bride/groom Christmas ornament to the list. My MiL got one for DH and I when we were married, and it's gorgeous. You can have their wedding date put on it too.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:20 AM   #776
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

OMGosh, Ms. Kat! You and Nicki are gonna have a blast!!

Sounds like a great time visiting all the monorail resorts looking at Christmas decor!

I love having a good friend to laugh with, it's fun just doing the most mundane of things because you know you'll always have a blast laughing together!

I wonder what trouble Mark and Todd will get into without y'all?

By the way, do you think it will be hard to snag a ressie at BOG?

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 08-11-2012, 01:43 AM   #777
Cafeen
DIS Veteran

Just posting my intermittent statement saying that I'm reading along and enjoying and stuff and I certainly wasn't randomly away from the DISBoards for about a week and a half or anything... I certainly did not skim since pg 40 to now. Nope.

Plans sounds great as always, I really enjoyed my CP breakfast last year, unfortunately, there's no room for one this year . In fact, I'm opting out of any character meals this year! /gasp! I did make sure to squeeze a Kona breakfast in there though, just so you know that I'm paying attention .

Another congrats to Andy and Alisha on the house, and I'll agree that Alisha's going to be beautiful in that dress. Not that I know anything about dresses, what-so-ever though .

I did want to toss a warning about showing up early to Cape May dinner and hoping for an early table, as since it's got the $10pp CC hold, they may flag it as a No Show or late cancellation and charge you, you'd likely be able to get it back, but it's still a hassle. Glad you found something that worked better before that though .

Next Trip: NOT Solo... 10/17-10/27 @ Pop/CBR split. This time with Brother, Sister-in-Law, Nephew, and Mom (well, at least mostly not solo.)
TRs: Learning to NOT Photograph Fireworks Behind Trees (Sept 2012 PTR (no TR... yet?)
New Camera? Sounds like a perfect excuse for another Disney trip! (Sept 2011 PTR/TR)
Cafeen takes it slow in Sept... (Sept 2010) || Daddy for a week... - (Sept 2009)
Old 08-11-2012, 08:28 AM   #779
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
So I already told you what we are doing on Thursday and Friday. Therefore, here are the plans for Saturday.

We have a breakfast ADR at one of our favorite places -- Kona (I know Mark and Todd really, really love this place). Then we will hit the Magic Kingdom unti llunch time. At lunch, we are going to split up. Mark and Todd will do their thing (Todd wanted to know where he should eat...Nicki told him, you are a big boy...you and Mark can figure it out), Des and Andy will do their own thing and Nicki and I will do what we do best: we will go to DTD and laugh, shop, laugh, eat, shop, laugh, talk, talk, talk, talk...you get the picture.

I know we have a dinner at The Plaza at 6:15 back at the MK (although Nicki is going to bust her butt to try to get us an ADR at Be Our Guest...Andy has told her to "STEP TO THE PLATE AND GET IT DONE!). I'm not sure if we are touring the monorail resorts after breakfast before MK or before we go to dinner. Nicki, a little help here for your OLDER sister, please.

We will definitely finish the night at the MK.

AND FOR THOSE OF YOU LATE TO THE PARTY (or behind on threads like I am), the wedding dress has been ordered by Alisha and photos are on Page 50.
Oh Kathy, I hope she can get an ADR there! Here's keeping our fingers crossed for that!
Old 08-11-2012, 04:22 PM   #780
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Mickey mail

Look what came in the mail today:

AND I booked our airfare for our December trip -- $463.20 total for the two of us.

I'll come back with responses later maybe...I feel a horrible cold coming on and have a slight fever and sore throat.

Last edited by KatMark; 08-11-2012 at 09:39 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: