Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-27-2012, 01:30 PM   #601
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinRafiki View Post
I'm not sure if Mo's Irish Pub has funny hats, but the zoo might.

See you in a week Kathy!
He is good at trying on hats the zoo!

Mo's will have a nice beer for him though so I guess I better plan on driving.

Can't wait to see you again.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:37 PM   #602
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I can't believe our trip is now just 50 days away. Mark so needs a vacation with all that is going on with his ENTIRE family.

We are going to have a DIS meet next week, so it will feel a little bit like Disney even though it is not at Disney.

Last year, I met FreezinRafiki (Barry and his son Evan, along with Captain_Oblivious and his two sons) here in Chicago when they were visiting. I didn't get to meet the slightly more important parts of their family...the women. But we are about to remedy that. Mark and I are going to the Milwaukee Zoo next Saturday (baseball ends this weekend) to get him away from everything here. Barry and his family live near Milwaukee, and we are going to meet Bambi (his beautiful wife), daughter Madison, the new addition to the family -- Ryder, and see Barry and Evan (my Mark did not meet them when they were in Chicago). We can't wait to hook up with some old friends again.

A picture from our DIS meet last year (Barry and Evan are sitting next to me):

And since Tim never came back and posted the pictures, I will. Believe it or not, Baby Christopher turns 1 next week (I know that I can't believe it). Mark and I sent his gift and he received it and was gracious enough to try it on for us. Tim sent me a picture of Christopher doing his modeling gig:

And, of course, I had to have a picture of my Princess Ana and here she is with the gift cards I sent for her and her brother for their November trip:

Aren't they just the cutest? Love those kids.

Okay, and I will have the next update up and running within the hour if none of my assignments bring me any more darn work on a Friday.

Last edited by KatMark; 07-27-2012 at 04:07 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-27-2012, 02:39 PM   #603
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

how fun you have a DIS meet to look forward too next weekend!

love the photos of Christopher and Ana!
Old 07-27-2012, 03:05 PM   #604
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I just saw that you're going to be meeting up with Barry this weekend. I'm sorry.
Old 07-27-2012, 03:47 PM   #605
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 5

We are up to Day 5 of our trip and it is Wednesday...or it will be Wednesday since this is a PRE TRIP REPORT.

Today we are doing something that we've only done in ONE Disney trip thus far (and that was last year while we were staying at AKL Kidani).

Oh, I suppose you want to know WHAT we are doing. Well the answer is NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!! Okay, that's not completely true, but we are NOT going to a park so to me that is doing nothing.

We will sleep in until around 8:30 (this is really late for us on vacation) and then we will get dressed and take a cab to the AKL where we have a 10:00 a.m. at our favorite non-character place for breakfast:

I do love this place and I will be having several glasses of this (we did a contest in September as to how many I would have; I don't remember exactly...it's that age thing again...but I think it was four or five glasses I had). I would love to ship home several bottles of it:

I'm sure one of our plates wil look something like this:

After we eat breakfast, we'll walk around and go to the gift shop (they have one of the best gift shops in my opinion) and I may end up buying my hat this year:

Then we'll go find these beautiful creatures:

And some of these:

We will then take a cab back to OKW where we plan on spending our entire day lounging by the pool (and I may throw in a load of laundry since it's free )

And probably enjoying an adult refresher here (or maybe two or three):

After our time at the pool, we will freshen up and get ready for dinner. We are currently scheduled to take a boat to DTD and dine here:

However, this is where I am trying to fit in an ADR at Cape May Cafe, but so far nothing is available. If I find one before we leave, we will probably cab it over to the Beach Club for dinner and then maybe go to the Boardwalk and walk around or go mini-golfing.

Up next, Day Six...what do these two have planned for this day????? You'll have to come back to find out.

Last edited by KatMark; 07-27-2012 at 04:09 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 04:08 PM   #607
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

Day five sounds lovely!!! say hi to my giraffes too
hope you can get your ADR at Cape May!
Old 07-27-2012, 05:37 PM   #608
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post

They are adorable! No doubt about it.

Love the rest day with lots of Boma and lots of pool time. I drank so much of that juice the last time I was there I actually apologized to the server. I was soooooooo thirsty from being in the park for a couple hours before arriving. Yum!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-27-2012, 06:46 PM   #609
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

What fun! A dismeet!!! (btw, what cute kids )

Day 5 looks like it will be a wonderful one. little touch of Disney food with some relaxation, EXCELLENT!
Old 07-27-2012, 08:59 PM   #610
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Yay, so cool you have a DIS meet to look forward to!

And your plans for your nothing day sound awesome! I LOVE Boma so much, that juice is amazing! Lounging around OKW sounds perfect, and then dinner at DTD will be fun! I hope you can get into Cape May though, you know how much Brandon and I love it there!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 07-27-2012, 11:31 PM   #611
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
I can't believe our trip is now just 50 days away. Mark so needs a vacation with all that is going on with his ENTIRE family.
He does need the time away.... so do you.

Quote:
We are going to have a DIS meet next week, so it will feel a little bit like Disney even though it is not at Disney.

Last year, I met FreezinRafiki (Barry and his son Evan, along with Captain_Oblivious and his two sons) here in Chicago when they were visiting. I didn't get to meet the slightly more important parts of their family...the women. But we are about to remedy that. Mark and I are going to the Milwaukee Zoo next Saturday (baseball ends this weekend) to get him away from everything here. Barry and his family live near Milwaukee, and we are going to meet Bambi (his beautiful wife), daughter Madison, the new addition to the family -- Ryder, and see Barry and Evan (my Mark did not meet them when they were in Chicago). We can't wait to hook up with some old friends again.

A picture from our DIS meet last year (Barry and Evan are sitting next to me):

AWESOME MEET!!!! Don't believe anything Barry says about me. It isn't true.

Quote:
And since Tim never came back and posted the pictures, I will.
errrrrr.... woops.

Quote:
Believe it or not, Baby Christopher turns 1 next week (I know that I can't believe it). Mark and I sent his gift and he received it and was gracious enough to try it on for us. Tim sent me a picture of Christopher doing his modeling gig:

And, of course, I had to have a picture of my Princess Ana and here she is with the gift cards I sent for her and her brother for their November trip:

Aren't they just the cutest? Love those kids.:
Once again, thank you so much Kathy & Mark for the great gifts for the kids. Christopher cannot have too much Mickey stuff. I need to post a picture of his birthday invitations... I think people think we are crazy with all this Disney /Mickey stuff. I know Juliana will love shopping with her gift card in Disney.
Old 07-28-2012, 07:17 AM   #612
Queenofallthings
DIS Veteran

Nothing like a Dis-meet to hold you over until you get down to Florida! Glad you're getting away....you both sure do need that!

Love a nothing day! I think we all need at least one of those when we're on vacation! Our's usually end up by the pool after our breakfast at Boma!!
Old 07-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #613
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Awww....such cute kids!!

The DIS meet sounds like a lot of fun & something y'all definitely need.

You day of nothing sounds great! One of these years I really need to schedule us a day of nothing. I hope you're able to get the Cape May ADR.
Old 07-29-2012, 08:14 AM   #614
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
When are you going? Did I miss the start of a PTR? I hope Jared at least allows you to sit and enjoy an adult beverage or two.
September 1-9, so I'm missing you by about a week I haven't started a PTR yet, I want to, but just haven't gotten around to it. Not alot on my plate today though and it's going to be blistering hot again, so maybe today is the day

DISmeets are the best!

Love your day 5 plans, or non plans Boma is hands down my favorite breakfast. And that juice? Oh so yummy!!

Keep checking back on Cape May Cafe, since it is one of the restaurants with the $10 fee for no shows I bet something will open up as the day gets closer, I'd even call and check the day before while you are down there if you haven't gotten anything yet.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:55 PM   #615
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Day 5 looks great!! Sounds like a very relaxing day for you and your honey.

Mackie and I are are planning a down day on our trip too, she's the one to actually request it. I think I've worn the girl out on previous trips.

Last trip I had some issues with swelling in my legs and that horrible rash that people complain about when they go to tropical climates.
So I took a day off and put my feet and legs up to get the swelling down before going back out to the parks the next day. Drooooove me crazy! I didn't like being down but Mackenzie loved sleeping in and staying in the room for part of the day. We ended up going to DTD around 2 or so and just strolled around after having a some what late lunch at WGPE.
Probably one of my favorite places to eat when on property.

Eating at BOMA for breakfast is top on my list this next trip, Mackenzie is all over the idea of eating scrambled eggs with goat cheese in them.
I'll leave them for her, I can't stand goat cheese, no matter how many times I try it I always wind up thinking it tastes like the equivalent of licking the back of a goat.

I will certainly have to try this juice y'all keep raving about, sounds yummy!

Anxious to hear about the meet!!

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!

Last edited by Millie12591; 07-30-2012 at 03:40 PM.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: