Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #571
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

It sounds like you've got a great plan for Epcot! The wedding dress? Gorgeous!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-23-2012, 11:14 AM   #572
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran

Playing catch up again!

I've had really great meals at Coral Reef, but the service has always been so incredibly slow for us, hope it's better for you!

Very exciting that Mark & Alisha have moved their wedding up! I'm little perplexed as to why this would bother her mother though, I mean, it's still almost a year away That dress is drop dead gorgeous!

Your day 4 plans are sounding great! I love snacking around WS instead of eating a big meal, but I rarely do it for some reason.

I'm sorry to hear about the turn your MIL has taken. I know this will be a difficult day for you and Mark, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2012, 12:48 AM   #573
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I will try to get responses and an update done tonight.

I come to ask you to say a prayer for Mark's mom and to send your strength to my wonderful husband. They are placing her in hospice on Monday and stopping the chemo. She has shown no improvement at all, will not eat or drink or do therapy, and now has a staph infection.
I am so very sorry to hear this. I know I am behind... but know that you are in my prayers.

On a positive note though... WEDDING!!! less than a year a way. The dress is beautiful. Does she like the champagne color too? My dd had a hard time... she really wanted white... but most come in an off white or the champagne. Personally, I like the champagne... kinda a "classic" look. Combined with the style of dress and I think it is a stunning combination!!

Your trip plans are coming together... can't believe how soon fall will be here.
Old 07-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #574
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Your Epcot plans sound great!

I've always wanted to eat at Rose & Crown but we missed our 2 ADRs there. Someday I will actually eat there and not just drink there.
Old 07-25-2012, 01:40 PM   #575
KatMark
DIS Veteran

On my way to lunch; when I get back I'll do replies, an update on an ADR that I changed the time on (and one I am trying to add) and an update.

But, in the meantime, I had to post this:

Old 07-25-2012, 04:52 PM   #577
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
That is a really pretty dress! I tried mine on in a store up In Rochester when I was by myself. The next week I was going dress shopping with my mom and all week I couldn't stop thinking about that dress. So if she sleeps on it and can't stop thinking about it, its the dress!
Well, it turns out Alisha went with her mom and grandma shopping Monday and she found another dress and she is torn between the two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
That sounds like a great plan so far for your Epcot day!

Rose & Crown is so yummy! But, I can see your point of why you may cancel it.
We do love Rose & Crown too; the only reasons I'd cancel is: 1) we've done it a number of times and 2) we are going with Nicki and Todd in December (although Mark doesn't know that obviously)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
I forgot everything I was going to say when I saw "the dress"....that is stunning! She is going to look gorgeous in it!!
Thanks, Queen. She will truly be gorgeous in any dress she finds and wears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Great update Kathy!!! I am so wanting to try Rose & Crown again, my one and only time there was soooooo awesome, food was out of this world and so was the service.
You really need to get back to R&C, Rosie. No hot Italians though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermel9 View Post
I'm sorry I missed your last couple of updates, I'm praying for you and your family, Kathy.

I love the dress Alisha picked out! I can't believe they are getting married next year, but why wait, right? Brandon and I were only engaged 6 months before we got married!

Your Day 4 plans sound great, I love Epcot days! Rose and Crown is really good, but I can definitely understand canceling to have more time to explore the World showcase and have some adult beverages!
Thanks, Jen for the hug...much appreciated.

Mark and I were only dating three or four months before we were engaged. And look at us now.

I really think I'll end up cancelling R&C, but I'll wait until we are there to be sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Wow that dress looks absolutely amazing!!

Yay on riding Soarin...love flying on it!

Great plans for Epcot especially meeting your fav characters!
It is a gorgeous dress.

I love Soarin'...I could do it several times in a day and never grow tired of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Well, you totally distracted me from your update when you posted that dress. It truly is stunning! Wow!

Love your Epcot morning. I do the same thing - get my Soarin FP and then ride LWTL. I did that my last morning in June and I had entire boat to myself.

Love your character pics!
Thanks, Mary Ellen. It will now be interesting to see if she sticks with it since she saw something else (which I had a feeling she would).

An entire boat to yourself? WOW! We always seem to hit LWTL when there is a line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
great plans for Epcot! we need to see a photo of Mark with an english hat I think!
I will make a note of your request, Lisa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Sending you thoughts and prayers.

That is a stunning dress, she'll be a gorgeous bride. I'm glad that she's including you so much in the planning. Sometimes the Mother of the Groom gets edged out.

Sounds like a great Epcot day! If I could put in one request? I'd like to see lots of Canada funny hat pictures. Canada has the best ones.
Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.

I'm enjoying being included in the planning. Yesterday they booked with the photographer; tonight they are going to the caterer (hall is already booked).
Old 07-25-2012, 05:04 PM   #578
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
Me too! First dress I picked out, first dress I tried on.

Kathy~ WOW! What a beautiful dress.
Thanks, Dawn. It is beautiful (and it does come in white by the way!).

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Great plan for EPCOT. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice between Rose & Crown, or just snacking/drinking around the world.

It looks like the wedding plans are coming along nicely.
I agree...the food is good walking or sitting.

Yes, plans are coming along well. Engagement pictures are next on the schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Sounds like a great Epcot day. Yay for Soarin'--I love that ride!

The wedding dress is beautiful-sounds like the plans are coming along!
Thanks, Michelle. Soarin' is the best (and with no Test Track, we will have to do Soarin' more often).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
It sounds like you've got a great plan for Epcot! The wedding dress? Gorgeous!
Thanks, Lisa. Yes; I just wish she could have gotten a picture or found the dress she saw Monday to send me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Playing catch up again!

I've had really great meals at Coral Reef, but the service has always been so incredibly slow for us, hope it's better for you!

Very exciting that Mark & Alisha have moved their wedding up! I'm little perplexed as to why this would bother her mother though, I mean, it's still almost a year away That dress is drop dead gorgeous!

Your day 4 plans are sounding great! I love snacking around WS instead of eating a big meal, but I rarely do it for some reason.

I'm sorry to hear about the turn your MIL has taken. I know this will be a difficult day for you and Mark, you'll be in my thoughts and prayers
Please don't worry about catching up...I just now caught up on everyone's TR's.

Now that you mention it, our service was a little slow in January, but it gave Cayley a chance to nap.

I'm not sure why Alisha's mother was against them moving it up (maybe because Alisha just turned 21????), but she seems to be better about it.

Thanks for the prayers; Mark's had a really rough week with it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am so very sorry to hear this. I know I am behind... but know that you are in my prayers.

On a positive note though... WEDDING!!! less than a year a way. The dress is beautiful. Does she like the champagne color too? My dd had a hard time... she really wanted white... but most come in an off white or the champagne. Personally, I like the champagne... kinda a "classic" look. Combined with the style of dress and I think it is a stunning combination!!

Your trip plans are coming together... can't believe how soon fall will be here.
Ann, I know you are thinking about us...please don't worry.

Yes, less than a year away. 324 days to be exact.

Alisha is tall and thin and I think she can pull just about anything off. Trip is getting closer and closer...which is a good thing as Mark really needs this vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Your Epcot plans sound great!

I've always wanted to eat at Rose & Crown but we missed our 2 ADRs there. Someday I will actually eat there and not just drink there.
You are a hoot, Tim. Maybe we should eat and THEN drink there next trip?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
While I LOVE your first ticker I am really in LOVE LOVE LOVE with your second
I LOVE LOVE LOVE my first ticker (Romeo so needs to get away and then we have a week with you and Toddleduck), but I'm with you, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that second one just as much.
Old 07-25-2012, 05:09 PM   #579
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
While I LOVE your first ticker I am really in LOVE LOVE LOVE with your second
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Did I know about this second ticker and did I forget or is this new?????

Either way - Awesome!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-25-2012, 05:11 PM   #580
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Well, I got the replies done, caught up on everyone's TR's and have to leave for the train shortly. I'll get that update done tonight to finish our Day 4.

I did change our ADR at the Studios on Day 2 from 12:15 p.m. to 11:20. I think it was Ann who told me that if you don't get there close to opening that you can have a long, long wait for your table. I'd rather have it earlier since we are going back to the resort to swim/rest before EMH's at the MK that evening.

I'm also trying to find a spot to fit in Cape May Cafe after reading Nilla's update on their meal there (we've not been since they put the crab legs back on the menu).
Old 07-25-2012, 06:28 PM   #581
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

The first dress is beautiful and she found a second? Picture of that one? I'm sure we all could help her decide...

So sorry about your MIL.

Smart move to change your 50's PT resie to closer to opening. We waited almost an hour to be seated last time we ate there. Thankfully we had a blast with our server and the food was great!

I'm glad someone pointed out your tickers, they are great!
Old 07-25-2012, 10:32 PM   #582
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Thanks for bringing that to my attention. Did I know about this second ticker and did I forget or is this new?????

Either way - Awesome!
Yes, I'm pretty sure you knew about it. This is the "SURPRISE" 60th birthday for Mark in December.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
The first dress is beautiful and she found a second? Picture of that one? I'm sure we all could help her decide...

So sorry about your MIL.

Smart move to change your 50's PT resie to closer to opening. We waited almost an hour to be seated last time we ate there. Thankfully we had a blast with our server and the food was great!

I'm glad someone pointed out your tickers, they are great!
Thanks, Tink. They won't let you take pictures at the dress shop and she can't find it on any websites.

Maybe it was you who told me about 50's PT and the wait?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:46 PM   #584
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
HEEEELLLLLLLLLOOOOOO there!
You are TOO funny. Mark LOVED the picture of Christopher in his jacket and said Juliana is a princess.
Old 07-25-2012, 10:55 PM   #585
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Day 4, Part 2

I left off with us visiting Pooh and Tigger in England. Up next, we would be just about arriving here:

And hopefully see a very pretty lady:

Mark may try on one of these:

And then we will arrive here:

We will stop in Italy and Germany along the way for a couple more of these:

We will hit the rest of the countries:

If we are not too tired, we will do some shopping at MouseGears in Future World or perhaps if we missed Illuminations watch that.

Up next, what do I have in store for us on Day 5????

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: