Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2012, 03:29 PM   #556
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

I LOVE that dress..how beautiful!!

I read in the previous post somewhere you said they were thinking about 2013 for the wedding...have they thought about a date?? I say 2013 instead of 2014, because I LOVE reading about weddings

Ps Sending prayers and pixie dust to you guys still..hope you guys are doing well!
Old 07-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #557
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
How exciting!!! That is such a fun time!

I'm glad Mark didn't see your ticker when you were scrolling through, showing him everyone's well wishes.
I'm glad he didn't see it either; I almost slipped once and now try not to even talk about our September trip too much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
Kathy, don't worry about the update, take care of Mark and yourself first !

happy Mark didn't see his surprise...be care though, Megan saw one of my ticker's once and blew the whole surprise
Thanks, Lisa. The hard part will be when we are with Nicki and Todd and not slipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Oh, Kathy, she will be gorgeous in that dress!!

Really, I don't see how it could be bad luck at all...and to be safe you can always delete it in a few days!!!

(Didn't think Markie would ever visit the DIS...but love the comment about not being able to trust those people!!)

p.s. I am already so excited, can hardly wait to see photos of the wedding next summer!).
I think it is very pretty. She will be gorgeous in anything, but she is tall and thin and she should be stunning.

Markie hasn't met Nicki or Todd, otherwise he'd know how great the DIS people are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Beautiful.... that is how I picked my first dress.

I walked by the bridal store, saw it in the window and said that was it. Went in after looking everywhere else and finding nothing close that I liked, ordered it and that was that.

Alisha will be a beautiful
Thanks, Pat. I think I picked the third dress I tried on.

Alisha will be beautiful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
You are more than welcome. And don't you worry about removing the hugs or anything else for that matter, just take care of you and your honey. I'm just so sorry y'all are going through such a rough time.

LOOOOVE the dress!! She will knock it out of the park with that one!!
Thank you for sharing it with us.
Thanks, Camille.

You are welcome for me sharing the dress. I think whatever dress she wears that my son will be shedding a tear or two as she walks down the aisle.

Quote:
Oh my....that dress is gorgeous! Alisha will be a very beautiful bride!
Thank you, Amanda.

Quote:
Oh no! Hope y'all both feel better!
Thanks; Mark is all stuffed up and I started coughing. We hit the store tonight for some meds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
hope Mark and you feel better soon

Alisha will look even more beautiful in that dress! looks like a keeper to me!!!
Thank you, Lisa. Mark doesn't have a game until 1:00 tomorrow, so he can sleep in a little.

We'll see what Alisha finds on Monday when she goes out with her mom and grandma.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
That dress is gorgeous!!!
Thanks, Jen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Love the dress !!No fear Markie will see it either !!As for Dis Friends Judy has long gotten over the fear of my cypher friends and has met several ,Karin and Tom come to mind immediadetely!! She is fine with my Grannie Trip as she well remembers Christine's vigilance with checkin our flight status last year !!
Thank you, Rosie. My kids crack me up about some things. When they first heard we were meeting Nicki for the first time, they warned me "to meet in a public place."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
I LOVE that dress..how beautiful!!

I read in the previous post somewhere you said they were thinking about 2013 for the wedding...have they thought about a date?? I say 2013 instead of 2014, because I LOVE reading about weddings

Ps Sending prayers and pixie dust to you guys still..hope you guys are doing well!
Yes, the wedding has been moved to June 14, 2013, Shannon...very excited.

Mark is doing okay; I think he is more worried about his dad at this point because his dad doesn't seem to be excepting or comprehending all that is going on.
Register to remove

Old 07-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #558
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I can't believe we're up to Day four already of this upcoming trip.

We will get up early and head here:

We'll be arriving in time for morning EMH's. We will first head here:

I'd like to get Fastpasses, then ride. Then we'll stop and have some:

Then we will ride The Land and then our Fastpasses for Soarin' (I'm assuming they will be a short return time since we'll be there when it first opens).

If this isn't too busy, we'll hop in line:

After that, Mark will probably hit up Mission and then we'll go see Universe of Energy which we missed the last two trips (last year because by the time we walked over we had just missed the start and then Andy was due to meet us as his plane had arrived.

After that, we will head to World Showcase. First stop:

Next stop:

We do have a 1:10 p.m. ADR at Rose & Crown, but we are contemplating just picking up nibbles across World Showcase, and a few adult beverages.

Up next, the rest of Day 4. And for those of you who missed it last night, here is a picture of "the dress" as of now (although Alisha says that although she will look at a few more stores, this one stole her heart):

Old 07-21-2012, 10:13 PM   #559
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

That is a really pretty dress! I tried mine on in a store up In Rochester when I was by myself. The next week I was going dress shopping with my mom and all week I couldn't stop thinking about that dress. So if she sleeps on it and can't stop thinking about it, its the dress!
Old 07-21-2012, 10:55 PM   #560
amandaw
DIS Veteran

That sounds like a great plan so far for your Epcot day!

Rose & Crown is so yummy! But, I can see your point of why you may cancel it.
Old 07-22-2012, 09:17 AM   #562
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Great update Kathy!!! I am so wanting to try Rose & Crown again, my one and only time there was soooooo awesome, food was out of this world and so was the service.
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 07-22-2012, 09:32 AM   #563
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

I'm sorry I missed your last couple of updates, I'm praying for you and your family, Kathy.

I love the dress Alisha picked out! I can't believe they are getting married next year, but why wait, right? Brandon and I were only engaged 6 months before we got married!

Your Day 4 plans sound great, I love Epcot days! Rose and Crown is really good, but I can definitely understand canceling to have more time to explore the World showcase and have some adult beverages!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 07-22-2012, 10:08 AM   #564
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Wow that dress looks absolutely amazing!!

Yay on riding Soarin...love flying on it!

Great plans for Epcot especially meeting your fav characters!
Old 07-22-2012, 10:47 AM   #565
MEK
DIS Veteran

Well, you totally distracted me from your update when you posted that dress. It truly is stunning! Wow!

Love your Epcot morning. I do the same thing - get my Soarin FP and then ride LWTL. I did that my last morning in June and I had entire boat to myself.

Love your character pics!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-22-2012, 01:27 PM   #566
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

great plans for Epcot! we need to see a photo of Mark with an english hat I think!
Old 07-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #567
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Sending you thoughts and prayers.

That is a stunning dress, she'll be a gorgeous bride. I'm glad that she's including you so much in the planning. Sometimes the Mother of the Groom gets edged out.

Sounds like a great Epcot day! If I could put in one request? I'd like to see lots of Canada funny hat pictures. Canada has the best ones.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:45 PM   #568
chloe770
Isn't it just more fun to be surprised?
Without SpongeBob I would never get anything done

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Beautiful.... that is how I picked my first dress.

I walked by the bridal store, saw it in the window and said that was it. Went in after looking everywhere else and finding nothing close that I liked, ordered it and that was that.

Alisha will be a beautiful
Me too! First dress I picked out, first dress I tried on.

Kathy~ WOW! What a beautiful dress.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:38 AM   #569
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Great plan for EPCOT. I don't think you can go wrong with either choice between Rose & Crown, or just snacking/drinking around the world.

It looks like the wedding plans are coming along nicely.
Old 07-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #570
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great Epcot day. Yay for Soarin'--I love that ride!

The wedding dress is beautiful-sounds like the plans are coming along!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: