Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #436
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a very nice day in AK!

I really need to find this Dawa bar when we're there & get one of those drinks. Maybe it will help me to like AK better.

Can't wait to hear where y'all are going for dinner that night.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:45 PM   #437
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

Your days are shaping up nicely.

I think I'm with you on the Dawa bar scene. It's one of the many things I still haven't done at AK. I'm so looking forward to knocking some things off my list there.
Dawa is one of them and so are the tigers!! Can you believe I've never seen the tigers?!?

Still lifting y'all up in prayer, hang in there and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-11-2012, 07:45 AM   #438
marvali
DIS Veteran

Kathy! Finally made it back over here. Am I forgiven???

You and Mark are still in my thoughts and prayers with Mark's DM and your DB! Even though Mark accepts what is ahead with his Mom, I know personally it is still tough on him! Sorry to hear things aren't getting any better with your DB! Hopefully he will get good news on a possible transplant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Then I think we will hustle over here and I'll ride

(yes, and it will be by myself as Andy won't be there) and Mark will ride this

Yep, we'll both be doing our "own" ride; I can't handle Rock & Roll and he is afraid to do the Tower of Terror after his neck surgery.
I guess Markís surgery affects him more if his neck gets the feeling of compression or elongation more than side to side. As for you not riding RnR..........

RnR is one of my two favorite coasters at Disney.
Quote:
We are having lunch at a place we cancelled last year only because our time at the Studios with Andy was short. We'll be going to:
(borrowed from the internet)
I am open to all suggestions for what to drink or eat at 50's; it's been at least 12 years since we've been there so I'm sure there is a lot new.
Okay, I guess I really need to get on that TR update for 50ís PT donít I???

This is the one ADR that the boys always ask if we are doing on our trips. They love this place. We really get into the atmosphere and the food is always wonderful! I can personally attest to the Pot Roast, the Fried Chicken and the Chicken Pot Pie! Sounds like I need to try the sample platter next time so I can check out the Meat Loaf. During the October trip, Magdalene got the PB&J milkshake and thought it was really good. I got to try a little of it and agreed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
And play with your electronic gadgets.
And make sure you blow the paper wrapper off the end of your straws at your Cousins........
Quote:
They are an adorable couple, Christine, and having so much fun planning the decorating for the house, the wedding, etc. No...no nursery until 2017 at least.
Famous last words...........
Quote:
And we'll definitely be watching Wishes, my ALL TIME favorite Disney night show:
Wishes is definitely a special treat! One of my favorites also!
Quote:
From there, we will head over here for Mark (nope, I wonít be ridingÖIíll be shopping)

Weíll also want to do Dinosaur (Mark thinks heíll be okay with his neckÖif not, Iíll ride by myself).
Sounds like Mark and I would get along well! RnR and EE!!!! Surprised with his neck that Mark ventures onto EE, but I guess that is more of the being familiar with what to expect. That trip backwards always jerks my head around a lot and is difficult to fight against at times. Now Dinosaur with all the bouncing, I could certainly understand Mark being hesitant to ride if that is the part that bothers his neck after the surgery.
Quote:
There are two other things we need to do before we leave the AK to head to our evening park. And that is:

Stop at the Dawa Bar so I can have one of these:

Okay, so which drink is that? I guess I need to try a little more of the Dawa Bar offerings! They look really good but rather small. Iím sure they would disappear really quickly on a hot day! I guess sharing would be a waste of time............

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 daysĖA spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 07-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #439
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

I'm kind of the opposite of you... I never really cared for AK, but now that we have kids, I can see it becoming a park we'll spend more time in if they're interested in the animals. I can usually go ride the Safari, ride Everest a few times, ride Dinosaur, grab lunch at Flame Tree and I'm ready to leave. Maybe I need to add Dawa bar to the list too...

I need to make a point to ride Dinosaur next time we're there. Last time, I didn't ride it because I didn't want DW to have to wait outside for me. I know it is a jerky ride, but I guess I don't remember it being as bad as it's reputation.
Old 07-11-2012, 08:27 AM   #440
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

Hope the family is doing better.

Quote:
I'll come back with responses after lunch, but just wanted to share the news -- the trip is paid off. We sent the final payment on Old Key West today. Now, all we have to do is pick up our AP's when we get there (which Andy is buying) and get my TIW card.
Yay for the trip being paid!! It really is the best feeling. Will there be more than the two trips in your future? And how sweet is Andy? You raised the nicest boys.

Your AK day looks great. Mark pretty much hates it there. Max likes it. I really enjoy it, too. I think it has a lot to offer, especially if you're willing to ride EE multiple times, which I am...so... What was that drink from the Dawa bar? It looks yummy!
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 07-11-2012, 09:00 AM   #441
oceanwave
Mouseketeer

Finally all caught up! Can't believe I have missed so much.

Your days are looking fab. Love 50's Prime Time. One of my favourites. Love the food an the atmosphere!

What's the drink at Dawa Bar? Looks good!

September 2012 - POFQ
September 2011 - Coronado Springs

Sep/Oct PTR
Old 07-11-2012, 09:36 AM   #442
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

for paying off your trip
we love AK...you know EE is our favorite - 6 rides last oct, can we beat it next trip we will try!

continued prayers for you all, the fact that Mark keeps going to good for him, hopefully his mom with become more receptive of his visits so they can both enjoy their time together

Old 07-11-2012, 09:57 AM   #443
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

So I'm reading up on your plans to watch Wishes, then follow it up with characters and cool drinks in AK the next day, and the only thing I can think of is how much you guys need this trip. Hope the wait flies by for you.
Old 07-11-2012, 05:56 PM   #444
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Mmmmm, the Dawa Bar, maybe my favorite attraction in all of AK
Good one! They were advertising a sugar cane mojito when I was there in June. I wanted one bad, but it was not to be.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-11-2012, 06:32 PM   #445
Nermel9
DIS Veteran

Great plans for Day 3! AK was never my favorite park either, it still isn't, but I have learned to love it! It's just so beautiful, and I love seeing the animals! And the Festival of the Lion King is one of the best shows I've ever seen!

The Dawa Bar sounds awesome, I really have to remember to stop there in November, we always skip it!

NEW December 2013 TR, In Progress!

My TR's/PTR's~2/13 TR~11/12 TR!~11/12 PTR!~5/12 TR!~5/12 PTR!~12/11 TR!~10/11 TR!~10/11 PTR!~11/10 TR!~11/10 PTR!~Disneymoon TR 5/10!

Many family trips offsite~9/08 ASMu~11/09 WL~Disneymoon 5/10 BC~11/10 POR~10/11 WL~12/11 Pop~5/12 BC~11/12 AoA/POR~2/13 AKL/BLT
Old 07-12-2012, 01:51 AM   #446
emmysmommy
DIS Veteran

Getting caught up here...so sorry for the health issues for your brother.

It sounds like you know what you want to order at 50s PT but I wanted to recommend asking for Cooper if you are up to some hilarious antics and a perfect dose of sarcasm. I love that place!

As for your plans at AK, your photos reminded me that I really want to do the safari. I can't believe that I have never been on that attraction!

I wish you all the best and hope you have a great day!
Old 07-12-2012, 11:06 AM   #448
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great day at the Animal Kingdom! Hunter and I could wander all the various trails all day long but John would rather sit and people watch. The drink from Dawa Bar looks wonderful!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 PM   #449
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Sounds like a very nice day in AK!

I really need to find this Dawa bar when we're there & get one of those drinks. Maybe it will help me to like AK better.

Can't wait to hear where y'all are going for dinner that night.
Thanks, Amanda. You must go to Dawa Bar...it is so good. And perhaps you are right and it will make you like AK better...but, maybe you'll need a couple of those drinks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
Your days are shaping up nicely.

Thanks, Camille.

I think I'm with you on the Dawa bar scene. It's one of the many things I still haven't done at AK. I'm so looking forward to knocking some things off my list there.
Dawa is one of them and so are the tigers!! Can you believe I've never seen the tigers?!?

You absolutely must do both!

Still lifting y'all up in prayer, hang in there and let me know if there is anything I can do for you.
Thank you for the continued prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
Kathy! Finally made it back over here. Am I forgiven???

Nothing to be forgiven, my friend.You just be sure to give that son of yours a "stay safe hug from me!"

You and Mark are still in my thoughts and prayers with Mark's DM and your DB! Even though Mark accepts what is ahead with his Mom, I know personally it is still tough on him! Sorry to hear things aren't getting any better with your DB! Hopefully he will get good news on a possible transplant!

Thanks, Marv.

I guess Markís surgery affects him more if his neck gets the feeling of compression or elongation more than side to side. As for you not riding RnR..........

I really think it is because he knows what to expect on RnR. And, I get such a headache after I ride it that I just can't do it. And, to tell you the truth, my neck has been killing me for three days...hoping I don't have what he had.

RnR is one of my two favorite coasters at Disney.
Okay, I guess I really need to get on that TR update for 50ís PT donít I???

Um....yeah, that would be nice; I do live in nine weeks you know!!!!

This is the one ADR that the boys always ask if we are doing on our trips. They love this place. We really get into the atmosphere and the food is always wonderful! I can personally attest to the Pot Roast, the Fried Chicken and the Chicken Pot Pie! Sounds like I need to try the sample platter next time so I can check out the Meat Loaf. During the October trip, Magdalene got the PB&J milkshake and thought it was really good. I got to try a little of it and agreed.

Sounds yummy. I don't like peanut butter so know milkshake for me.

And make sure you blow the paper wrapper off the end of your straws at
your Cousins........

Famous last words...........

Marriage in 2014; two years of school left for Alisha and THEN a baby! At least that is what they promise me. Although I wouldn't mind one sooner...but she really should finish school first.

Wishes is definitely a special treat! One of my favorites also!
Sounds like Mark and I would get along well! RnR and EE!!!! Surprised with his neck that Mark ventures onto EE, but I guess that is more of the being familiar with what to expect. That trip backwards always jerks my head around a lot and is difficult to fight against at times. Now Dinosaur with all the bouncing, I could certainly understand Mark being hesitant to ride if that is the part that bothers his neck after the surgery.
Okay, so which drink is that? I guess I need to try a little more of the Dawa Bar offerings! They look really good but rather small. Iím sure they would disappear really quickly on a hot day! I guess sharing would be a waste of time............
I am sure you and Mark would hit it off big time. Yes, that drink did go down rather smooth and quickly.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #450
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I'm kind of the opposite of you... I never really cared for AK, but now that we have kids, I can see it becoming a park we'll spend more time in if they're interested in the animals. I can usually go ride the Safari, ride Everest a few times, ride Dinosaur, grab lunch at Flame Tree and I'm ready to leave. Maybe I need to add Dawa bar to the list too...

I need to make a point to ride Dinosaur next time we're there. Last time, I didn't ride it because I didn't want DW to have to wait outside for me. I know it is a jerky ride, but I guess I don't remember it being as bad as it's reputation.
I think it all depends on the kids. The park has really grown on me. You must do Dinosaur again...it's so much fun. And so is Dawa Bar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
Hope the family is doing better.

Thank you, Tina.

Yay for the trip being paid!! It really is the best feeling. Will there be more than the two trips in your future? And how sweet is Andy? You raised the nicest boys.

It is a great feeling. Andy is the best and way too generous with everyone.

Your AK day looks great. Mark pretty much hates it there. Max likes it. I really enjoy it, too. I think it has a lot to offer, especially if you're willing to ride EE multiple times, which I am...so... What was that drink from the Dawa bar? It looks yummy!
I think AK is a place you like or you don't. Now, EE multiple times, I don't think so (I won't even do it once).

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwave View Post
Finally all caught up! Can't believe I have missed so much.

Your days are looking fab. Love 50's Prime Time. One of my favourites. Love the food an the atmosphere!

What's the drink at Dawa Bar? Looks good!
Hi, there.

The drink at the Dawa Bar was a pina colada that had a strawberry or raspberry flavor to it (sorry can't remember for sure since it was almost six months ago ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
for paying off your trip
we love AK...you know EE is our favorite - 6 rides last oct, can we beat it next trip we will try!

continued prayers for you all, the fact that Mark keeps going to good for him, hopefully his mom with become more receptive of his visits so they can both enjoy their time together
Thank you, Lisa. I hope you and Megan are feeling better.

EE...not for me, but Mark loves it. And I can always shop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
So I'm reading up on your plans to watch Wishes, then follow it up with characters and cool drinks in AK the next day, and the only thing I can think of is how much you guys need this trip. Hope the wait flies by for you.
Mark, you are truly a sweetheart. I hope the wait flies by and that we are able to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Good one! They were advertising a sugar cane mojito when I was there in June. I wanted one bad, but it was not to be.
Sugar cane mojito? Now that sounds really interesting.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: