Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 07-10-2012, 10:04 AM   #421
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang
 
brookelizabeth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 11,170

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I promised you all an update last night and then we had the storm of all storms that I can remember and we lost power at noon.

Luckily, the power came back on at 11 p.m. last night, but too late for me to do an update. I will work on it tonight or tomorrow for sure.

In the meantime, an update on Mark's mom (and now my brother).

Mark spoke to the doctor and, at most, my MIL has 9-11 months, all depending on how she handles the chemo (and if she continues to take the treatments...she is being very stubborn). Mark has seen her twice more and she has been a little better with him being there, but not great. She's also starting to hallucinate or something as she tells Mark and his sister the oddest of things.

You may all recall that my brother has had many medical problems over the years and had a major heart problem about 18 months ago. He went for his follow up visit this past Friday and the doctor told him the heart is NOT getting better, the medicine is not working and that the only thing they can do for him is a heart transplant. I have no idea where he is going from here, but I do know he goes for another test on Wednesday.

Please keep them both in your prayers.
Oh goodness. Not good news. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!
__________________
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL
brookelizabeth is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #422
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran
 
SoonerGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,849

Just getting caught up after vacation. So sorry to hear that your brother is not doing well either. You sure have had more than your fair share of bad news lately Kathy

Your plans for day 2 sound great!

I would totally be on RnRC with Mark, you can have ToT

Jennifer (Happydog) turned me on to the Writers Stop in October. That carrot cake cookie? Oh my gosh, so yummy!

Wishes is a perfect ending to any day
__________________
SoonerGirl is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 07-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #423
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,640

I'll come back with responses after lunch, but just wanted to share the news -- the trip is paid off. We sent the final payment on Old Key West today. Now, all we have to do is pick up our AP's when we get there (which Andy is buying) and get my TIW card.
__________________
KatMark is online now  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:12 PM   #424
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread
 
that's nice's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: CT
Posts: 13,062

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I promised you all an update last night and then we had the storm of all storms that I can remember and we lost power at noon.

Luckily, the power came back on at 11 p.m. last night, but too late for me to do an update. I will work on it tonight or tomorrow for sure.

In the meantime, an update on Mark's mom (and now my brother).

Mark spoke to the doctor and, at most, my MIL has 9-11 months, all depending on how she handles the chemo (and if she continues to take the treatments...she is being very stubborn). Mark has seen her twice more and she has been a little better with him being there, but not great. She's also starting to hallucinate or something as she tells Mark and his sister the oddest of things.

You may all recall that my brother has had many medical problems over the years and had a major heart problem about 18 months ago. He went for his follow up visit this past Friday and the doctor told him the heart is NOT getting better, the medicine is not working and that the only thing they can do for him is a heart transplant. I have no idea where he is going from here, but I do know he goes for another test on Wednesday.

Please keep them both in your prayers.
Hey Ms. Kathy. Just getting a second to post here.

I am so sorry to here about Marks mother and your brother. We will keeping them in our prayers.

I hope your summer is going good.
that's nice is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 01:41 PM   #425
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'll come back with responses after lunch, but just wanted to share the news -- the trip is paid off. We sent the final payment on Old Key West today. Now, all we have to do is pick up our AP's when we get there (which Andy is buying) and get my TIW card.
Such a good feeling to be paid in full!

And Yay! for AP's & TIW!
amandaw is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 02:05 PM   #426
englishrose47
DIS Veteran
 
englishrose47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Niagara Falls N.Y.
Posts: 27,929

Yay For paying in full!!!!
__________________
April/May 07 Pop Feb 08 Pop May09 POP Sept 09 POP Feb 10 Pop Oct 10 Pop Aug 11 Pop Oct 11Pop Oct 12 Pop Oct 13 &Dec 13
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....8#post49995478 Where's my Suitcase ???
A PTR: [
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
englishrose47 is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #427
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
great way to end your day....saw photos of Dumbo at night and it looks so pretty!

hope Mark's visit with his mom goes well
I can't wait to see Dumbo at night...well, two of them actually.

Mark's visits are up and down with his mom, but he keeps going despite her telling him not to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
That sounds like a really nice, low-key evening!

I can't wait to see the new Storybook Circus area. All of the pictures look really cute!
I'd say I'll take lots of pictures for you...but you arrive shortly after I leave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Sounds like a great way to end your day! We went over to see how Mickeystoontown looked now that it's officially changed names and it looked so cute. There were still walls up around a lot of the area in May but you'll get to see it all fresh and new!

I'll continue the prayers for Mark and his family. I hope things went well with this evening's visit.
Hi, Lisa. I think it will be a good first day. And I'm curious to see if we make it until midnight since we plan on being at the Animal Kingdom for EMH's the next morning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queenofallthings View Post
That sounds like a great day Kathy! You have been on my mind and I just wanted you to know that you are in our thoughts!
Thanks, Queen, and thank you for keeping us in your thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannon84 View Post
Im sorry I havent responded in so long...I have been terrible about getting on the DIS lately for any length of time. I have been keeping updated through fb, the house is awesome, what a great buy!! We are looking to buy next year sometime hopefully!

I have been saying lots of prayers for Marks family and for you guys! Hope you are hanging in there and doing ok!

The September trip is coming up so soon, it will be a very much needed vacation and your plans sound awesome so far. Its getting me really excited to read your plans because it means our trip is right around the corner too We havent been on Dumbo in forever, but we are making that one a priority this trip. I am very excited to see the new ride and queue area!
Shannon, please don't apologize...you have a wedding to plan. The kids did great on the house and we are very happy for them.

Thanks for the prayers.

We will be at the Dolphin on the 20th at noon to pick up our rental car. Perhaps you'll be around the hotel at that time and we can at least say a quick hello and give you a hug for your wedding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Joining in! We'll be at POFQ from Sept 18-25th. We loved our last Sept trip and can't wait to go back.
thank you so much for joining in. Our best friends (who we met here on the DIS) will be at the POFQ in October.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
All caught up

So sorry to hear about your brother and Mark's Mother.

So much fun to help Alisha and Markie set up their home.
Thank you, Pat. It will be fun watching them make this house "their home." We went to the outlet mall on Sunday and, of course, I bought them more stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
Kathy, I am all caught up now.

I am so sorry to hear about Mark's MIL - that's so difficult for the whole family to work through. I hope that she softens a bit so that she and Mark can connect more in the days and weeks to come. The medications can play wicked tricks on patient's minds.
I will keep you all, esp your brother and MIL, in my prayers.

LOVE the pics of the new house! what a great deck and back yard!

Caught up on your day two plans. We ate at 50's PTC for lunch for the first time in June and LOVED it! Joe and I had the sampler and it just rocked (but good thing Joe liked the greens because while I loved the green beans, I really only like leafy greens in salad unless its spinach). I think of the three things we had in the sampler, the fried chicken really was the best but its not an easy choice.

We found a great spot for lunch/dinner at MK: the Tomorrowland Terrace. apparently its not always open, because this was the first time we ever saw it open. The food was great and as full as it was we did not have a problem finding seating. I will post phots eventually but Joe had a delish chicken pasta alfredo, and I had a lobster roll - first time having this and I was not sorry in the slightest!

starting my TR next!
Thanks, MaryEllen for the prayers.

Tomorrowland Terrace has NOT been open our last ten visits. I really wish they would have it open while we are there. That chicken pasta alfredo sounds really good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanzUnited99 View Post
Great MK plans!

Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and send prayers your way.
Thank you, Tanz...we appreciate it.
__________________
KatMark is online now  
Old 07-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #428
jenb1023
DIS Veteran
 
jenb1023's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Central PA
Posts: 2,508

All caught up!

Hugs and prayers for your MIL and brother as well as for you and Mark. I hope that her time left here is as peaceful as possible.

On to happier news, the kids new house is cute - love the deck! Woo-hoo for the September trip being on and paid off! We really enjoyed 50's Prime Time. I think I had the chicken pot pie and everyone in my party enjoyed their meals. If you can handle another drink, get a milkshake! My Dad is 6'3" and a bit of a prankster himself and the waitress tied an Ariel bib around his neck because he looked like the messy type. Jordan almost peed her pants laughing so hard at her grandpa with an Ariel bib on.
__________________
Me (Jen) DH DD 11 Mickey


Apr 22-28, 2007 - WL, Jan 26-Feb 2, 2008 - AKL, Nov 15-23, 2008 - Pop,

Oct 30-Nov 3, 2009 Pop - me and DD, May 15-17, 21-23, 2010 - Universal/Poly
Jan 22-30, 2011 - POFQ, May 10-13, 2012 DCL on the Dream Sept 7-11, 2012 DD's surprise bday trip - BC Aug 30-Sept 2, 2013 - AOA, May 23-27, 2014 - 24 Hour Event - WL, June 29 - July 2, 2014 - POP, Upcoming - Nov 29 - Dec 6, 2014 - BC/ASSp - 1st Xmas Trip
jenb1023 is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 04:09 PM   #429
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
I have been MIA with one crazy June behind me, and caught up! Thank you for your links.

First, so excited for your stay at OKW again! I am really looking forward to staying there again too, such a beautiful and calm resort.

The t-shirts and effort Mark has gone to for his student brought me to tears! I can see why you are proud of him.

And I skipped the chatter, but I see discussions of Mark visiting his Mom, I recall your previous post (another thread, Facebook? cannot recall) about cancer, I hope all is as good as it can be there. I'll have to go back and read the details that you shared here so I know how to pray.
Brooke, please no worries...I know I'm behind on yours yet again.

I can't wait to be back at OKW. Although a one-bedroom would have been nice, with the surprise December trip for hubby, I don't want to spend the money.

Mark continues to amaze his old mom.

Thank you for the prayers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookelizabeth View Post
Oh goodness. Not good news. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers!
No, it hasn't been good news and it isn't getting better. (:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Just getting caught up after vacation. So sorry to hear that your brother is not doing well either. You sure have had more than your fair share of bad news lately Kathy

Your plans for day 2 sound great!

I would totally be on RnRC with Mark, you can have ToT

Jennifer (Happydog) turned me on to the Writers Stop in October. That carrot cake cookie? Oh my gosh, so yummy!

Wishes is a perfect ending to any day
I am going to have Mark try that carrot cake cookie (I don't care for carrot cake) because I've heard so much about it.

This is why Mark and I get along so well...he has his ride and I have mine.

Hope you had a great vacation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Hey Ms. Kathy. Just getting a second to post here.

I am so sorry to here about Marks mother and your brother. We will keeping them in our prayers.

I hope your summer is going good.
Well, since you have NOT been here up until now, I think I should be able to say timmy

Seriously, thank you for the prayers.

And I hope that you, Mel and Princess Ana have a wonderful celebration on the cruise starting Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Such a good feeling to be paid in full!

And Yay! for AP's & TIW!
It is a great feeling. And I'll owe our son big time for the AP's...especially since he is buying his dad one too since we are going in December and May.

And I'm loving the fact of having the TIW...the dining plan just doesn't work for us anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Yay For paying in full!!!!
Thanks, Rosie.
__________________
KatMark is online now  
Old 07-10-2012, 04:12 PM   #430
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenb1023 View Post
All caught up!

Hugs and prayers for your MIL and brother as well as for you and Mark. I hope that her time left here is as peaceful as possible.

On to happier news, the kids new house is cute - love the deck! Woo-hoo for the September trip being on and paid off! We really enjoyed 50's Prime Time. I think I had the chicken pot pie and everyone in my party enjoyed their meals. If you can handle another drink, get a milkshake! My Dad is 6'3" and a bit of a prankster himself and the waitress tied an Ariel bib around his neck because he looked like the messy type. Jordan almost peed her pants laughing so hard at her grandpa with an Ariel bib on.
Thank you, my friend. It's been a rough couple of weeks; but Mark is at peace with the fact that his mother doesn't have long and is busy helping his dad and visiting his mom.

I love the house and they've picked out some really cute kitchen furniture and bedspread for the master bedroom. We're going to see them three weekends in a row...twice here and then in between out by them so we can see how the house is coming along with them in it.

I think I'll have Mark get the milkshake and I'll take a tast.

That is hysterical about Jordan's grandpa.
__________________
KatMark is online now  
Old 07-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #431
amandaw
DIS Veteran
 
amandaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: South Louisiana
Posts: 4,394

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
It is a great feeling. And I'll owe our son big time for the AP's...especially since he is buying his dad one too since we are going in December and May.

And I'm loving the fact of having the TIW...the dining plan just doesn't work for us anymore.
I would love to get AP's. We thought about doing that this year but I couldn't really justify the price. And especially now that the kids price went up to the adult price. Oh well.....one day.

If I did get an AP, I would definitely do the TIW card too. It really sounds like it helps to save some money.
amandaw is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 05:06 PM   #432
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,640

Day 3, Part 1

Since I did so well with replies, let’s do an update.

We are on Day 3.

We’ll start by having a little something to eat and then we will be heading here:



AK was never a favorite of mine. This is probably due to the fact that we were traveling with younger kids and they were always hot (it is a hot park) and Mark got stung by a bee two years in a row and was crabby whenever we went there. But since Mark and I have been doing it alone the last several trips, it has fast become our third favorite park right after MK and Epcot (sometimes I even like it more than Epcot).

The first order of business will be this:



And hopefully we’ll see lots of these:



And some of these for Mark:



From there, we will head over here for Mark (nope, I won’t be riding…I’ll be shopping)



We’ll also want to do Dinosaur (Mark thinks he’ll be okay with his neck…if not, I’ll ride by myself). We’ll also do either Nemo or Lion King. We did Nemo last September, but I did Lion King with the girls in January, so I’ll let Mark choose. I also want to do do Rafiki’s Planet and the trails (have to get my Tiger on), and It's Tough to Be a Bug.

We’re having lunch at Pizzafari which Mark has never done. I did it with the girls in January and it wasn’t too bad of pizza. And since we have a nice dinner later in the evening, I don’t want to eat too much at lunch.

There are two other things we need to do before we leave the AK to head to our evening park. And that is:

Stop at the Dawa Bar so I can have one of these:



And Mark wants to try an African beer.

And stop here to see my good friend:



And Mark can see:



Up next, where do we go for the evening????
__________________
KatMark is online now  
Old 07-10-2012, 06:11 PM   #433
SoonerGirl
DIS Veteran
 
SoonerGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 4,849

Mmmmm, the Dawa Bar, maybe my favorite attraction in all of AK

I would think that if ToT is too much for Mark's neck, then Dinosaur definitely would be, that thing jerks you around like crazy!
__________________
SoonerGirl is offline  
Old 07-10-2012, 10:37 PM   #435
KatMark
DIS Veteran
 
KatMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Carol Stream, IL
Posts: 40,640

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerGirl View Post
Mmmmm, the Dawa Bar, maybe my favorite attraction in all of AK

I would think that if ToT is too much for Mark's neck, then Dinosaur definitely would be, that thing jerks you around like crazy!
Michelle, I might agree with you on the Dawa Bar after my second go round.

Yes, Dinosaur probably is too much for him. Now that you mention it, I rode myself last year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
well the dawa bar can fix that neck right up then!
Oooh....now there is a good
__________________
KatMark is online now  
 



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: