Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #406
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennbo123 View Post
The fried chicken is good and enough for 2 people to split, unless it's your wrestler boys we're talking about, in which case I'm sure they can clean the plate all by themselves.

Oooh...maybe we could share the onion rings, get the fried chicken and Mark coudl eat my veggies? I think this is a plan too.

A while back '50's went to one menu for both lunch and dinner, so they don't have any sandwiches on the lunch menu anymore. The main items I recall are the fried chicken, the pot roast, and the meatloaf.

Thanks Glenn.

And play with your electronic gadgets.
Does my Iphone qualify for this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Your plans sound great !!! I have only eaten at 50's once , I wasn't impressed with the steak but Carol said the pot roast was yummy!!! Several of the guys had meatloaf and loved it too !!
Thanks, Rosie for your thoughts. I don't think the steak is good at most of those types of restaurants at Disney.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
It always cracks me up that Mark will ride RnRC, but not ToT...I think RnRC is a super neck killer...but ToT isn't bad at all.
But I can understand his fear...He know RnRC...so he feels safe there.
My husband cracks me up too...but for different reasons. Seriously, I'd take TOT over RnRC any day after surgery. But that's me.

You are right...he feels safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHTeacher View Post
Yay for an update!

I always eat the fried chicken at 50's Prime Time. But I hear they now have a sampler platter that includes the fried chicken, pot roast, and meatloaf. That might be the way to go!
Michelle, I am so sorry that I'm behind on your TR. I'm going back to it after I do my update. I did catch up on quite a few, but I know that I have to catch up on yours and Queen's for sure. Please forgive me.

Sampler Platter -- Mark -- check; fried chicken -- me -- check (unless we share the fried chicken).

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Kathy you are still in my prayers !!!
Rosie, you are a gem! Thank you.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:53 PM   #407
KatMark
DIS Veteran

So when I last left you, we were headed to OKW to swim and/or nap before going out for the evening. After we've rested and cleaned up, we will be heading here:

I'm sure we'll stop for one of these:

From there, I know my hubby will be hungry, so we'll probably go to eitehr Cosmic Ray's or Columbia Harbor for some dinner before we start hitting the attractions.

For sure, I know we have to at least walk past the new area where the two Dumbos are (we might save this for our EMH's morning to ride). But we'll be sure to do a few of our favorites:

And this:

(so glad it is open again)

Mark will want to see the Tiki's:

And we'll definitely be watching Wishes, my ALL TIME favorite Disney night show:

We'll see how long we make it and what else we can get in.

Up next, we're on the look out for some monkeys and some giraffes
Register to remove

Old 07-06-2012, 03:09 PM   #408
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I'm with your wife on blacklisting Hollywood & Vine -- absolutely the worse food ever. Wy does DW not like 50's? The food? The ambiance? I think you know what my other blacklisted restaurant is without me going into too many details....can we all say YEE HAW!
I have a pretty good idea which restaurant it is that you're referring to, even though you are completely wrong.

DW went to 50's on a trip with some friends when she was in HS and I believe she had to go stand in a corner or something. Apparently it has scarred her for life and she refuses to go back.

The evening plans look great! I'm glad BTMRR is open again too. I can't wait to see what you think about the refurb.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:49 PM   #410
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
I have a pretty good idea which restaurant it is that you're referring to, even though you are completely wrong.

I think we will just agree to disagree on this subject.

DW went to 50's on a trip with some friends when she was in HS and I believe she had to go stand in a corner or something. Apparently it has scarred her for life and she refuses to go back.

I have to say that if I were your wife and I was put in the corner, I probably wouldn't go back either.

The evening plans look great! I'm glad BTMRR is open again too. I can't wait to see what you think about the refurb.
I can't wait to ride BTMRR; I've not heard a lot about the refurb...don't know if they changed anything. It will be interesting to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Looks like the perfect ending to a wonderful day!

Continuing prayer for your family!
I like EMH's at the MK...one of my favorite things to do.

Thanks for the prayers. Mark went to the Nursing Home after work and I'm waiting for him to come home with a report.
Old 07-06-2012, 09:40 PM   #411
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

great way to end your day....saw photos of Dumbo at night and it looks so pretty!

hope Mark's visit with his mom goes well

Old 07-06-2012, 09:52 PM   #412
amandaw
DIS Veteran

That sounds like a really nice, low-key evening!

I can't wait to see the new Storybook Circus area. All of the pictures look really cute!
Old 07-06-2012, 10:02 PM   #413
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a great way to end your day! We went over to see how Mickeystoontown looked now that it's officially changed names and it looked so cute. There were still walls up around a lot of the area in May but you'll get to see it all fresh and new!

I'll continue the prayers for Mark and his family. I hope things went well with this evening's visit.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-07-2012, 05:49 PM   #415
Shannon84
DIS Veteran

Im sorry I havent responded in so long...I have been terrible about getting on the DIS lately for any length of time. I have been keeping updated through fb, the house is awesome, what a great buy!! We are looking to buy next year sometime hopefully!

I have been saying lots of prayers for Marks family and for you guys! Hope you are hanging in there and doing ok!

The September trip is coming up so soon, it will be a very much needed vacation and your plans sound awesome so far. Its getting me really excited to read your plans because it means our trip is right around the corner too We havent been on Dumbo in forever, but we are making that one a priority this trip. I am very excited to see the new ride and queue area!
Old 07-07-2012, 07:23 PM   #416
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Joining in! We'll be at POFQ from Sept 18-25th. We loved our last Sept trip and can't wait to go back.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 07-08-2012, 10:28 PM   #417
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

All caught up

So sorry to hear about your brother and Mark's Mother.

So much fun to help Alisha and Markie set up their home.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 07-08-2012, 10:53 PM   #418
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Kathy, I am all caught up now.

I am so sorry to hear about Mark's MIL - that's so difficult for the whole family to work through. I hope that she softens a bit so that she and Mark can connect more in the days and weeks to come. The medications can play wicked tricks on patient's minds.
I will keep you all, esp your brother and MIL, in my prayers.

LOVE the pics of the new house! what a great deck and back yard!

Caught up on your day two plans. We ate at 50's PTC for lunch for the first time in June and LOVED it! Joe and I had the sampler and it just rocked (but good thing Joe liked the greens because while I loved the green beans, I really only like leafy greens in salad unless its spinach). I think of the three things we had in the sampler, the fried chicken really was the best but its not an easy choice.

We found a great spot for lunch/dinner at MK: the Tomorrowland Terrace. apparently its not always open, because this was the first time we ever saw it open. The food was great and as full as it was we did not have a problem finding seating. I will post phots eventually but Joe had a delish chicken pasta alfredo, and I had a lobster roll - first time having this and I was not sorry in the slightest!

starting my TR next!
Old 07-09-2012, 12:39 PM   #419
TanzUnited99
DIS Veteran

Great MK plans!

Will continue to keep you in my thoughts and send prayers your way.
Old 07-10-2012, 10:02 AM   #420
brookelizabeth
Jambo Wildbunch Gang

I have been MIA with one crazy June behind me, and caught up! Thank you for your links.

First, so excited for your stay at OKW again! I am really looking forward to staying there again too, such a beautiful and calm resort.

The t-shirts and effort Mark has gone to for his student brought me to tears! I can see why you are proud of him.

And I skipped the chatter, but I see discussions of Mark visiting his Mom, I recall your previous post (another thread, Facebook? cannot recall) about cancer, I hope all is as good as it can be there. I'll have to go back and read the details that you shared here so I know how to pray.
Feb 2014 - Vero Beach ... Sept 2013 - CR/Disney Fantasy...March 2013 - AKL/SSR/POR ... Oct 2012 - OKW ... Sept 2012 - Disney Magic ... June 2012 - Disney Magic ... Jan 2012 - PPH/VGC ... Aug 2011 - Pop/YC/OKW ... May 2011 - ASMo ... Feb/March 2011 - BWV/BLT ... Sept 2010 - BWV ... Dec/Jan 2009/10 - AKV ... Sept 2009 - CSR ... Jan 2009 - SSR ... Nov 2008 - WL ... Oct 2006 - AKL

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: