Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-05-2012, 03:33 PM   #391
solana131
DIS Veteran

Okay, why don't you do RnR?? I'm kinda scared of that one too. I've never tried it, but Dani wants to ride it this trip....is it horrible??

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??
Old 07-05-2012, 04:57 PM   #392
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Okay, why don't you do RnR?? I'm kinda scared of that one too. I've never tried it, but Dani wants to ride it this trip....is it horrible??
Its a very rough ride...if you are short, like me, my jawline hits the bars that come over your head and I get whacked by it.

We have found that is is not as rough if you ride it first thing in the morning but the later you wait it can be pretty hard core.

Picture Space Mountain with adding in the upside twist and put it on steroids lol!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-05-2012, 05:07 PM   #393
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Love me some Hollywood Studios! You'd think that Mark wouldn't be able to ride Rock n' Rollercoaster without it hurting his neck. But, at least he can get his thrill ride on while you're plunging 13 stories!

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 07-05-2012, 06:05 PM   #394
aprilisis

Earning My Ears

I'm so sorry to hear about your brother & MIL. I will keep them in my thoughts & prayers.
I'm also sorry I have been MIA for so long. Your plans at DHS sound great! Last time I was there I had the spaghetti & veggie "meatballs". I thought it was great...but my favorite thing there are the onion rings with horseradish sauce. John swears by the meatloaf. My favorite drink is the Mowie Wowie- it is pretty sweet, but very tasty.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:03 PM   #395
glennbo123
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am open to all suggestions for what to drink or eat at 50's; it's been at least 12 years since we've been there so I'm sure there is a lot new.
The fried chicken is good and enough for 2 people to split, unless it's your wrestler boys we're talking about, in which case I'm sure they can clean the plate all by themselves.

A while back '50's went to one menu for both lunch and dinner, so they don't have any sandwiches on the lunch menu anymore. The main items I recall are the fried chicken, the pot roast, and the meatloaf.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Oblivious View Post
The onion rings were really good, and I thought the fried chicken was terrific.
Completely agree!

Quote:
It tastes better if you wear your hat and keep your elbows on the table.
And play with your electronic gadgets.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #396
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Your plans sound great !!! I have only eaten at 50's once , I wasn't impressed with the steak but Carol said the pot roast was yummy!!! Several of the guys had meatloaf and loved it too !!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 07-05-2012, 09:55 PM   #397
jenseib
Mommy to Claire

It always cracks me up that Mark will ride RnRC, but not ToT...I think RnRC is a super neck killer...but ToT isn't bad at all.
But I can understand his fear...He know RnRC...so he feels safe there.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:40 PM   #398
MHTeacher
DIS Veteran

Yay for an update!

I always eat the fried chicken at 50's Prime Time. But I hear they now have a sampler platter that includes the fried chicken, pot roast, and meatloaf. That might be the way to go!

Hold my umbrella while I find your poncho-May 2012 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...64&postcount=1
Disney Dining, DIS Meets, and WAIT-Why is that lady holding onto my husband?May,2010 TR http://www.disboards.com/showpost.ph...45&postcount=1
DON'T CRY OR WE'LL RIDE DINOSAUR AGAIN! March, 2010 TRhttp://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post35995716
A 16th Birthday/New Years Celebration(with 75000 of our closest friends) Dec. 2009 TR-http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=34927152

All Star Sports 2001 Coronado Springs 2003 Wilderness Lodge 2005 Polynesian 2007 POR- 2007 POR 2008 Polynesian 2009 Yacht Club 2009 POR 2010 Beach Club 2010 Polynesian 2012 POP 2013
Old 07-06-2012, 01:15 PM   #399
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy2mrb View Post
the house is so cute! they will have fun putting their own touches on the house! great deck, perfect for summer bbq's!
guess that pull out couch will have your name on it
Lisa, the house is adorable. They will have two grills on the deck...they have one and the owner is leaving hers.

Yes, I've told them the couch is mine and what color I want the room painted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Okay, please bear with me - but I am SO amazed at how spacious this house is. Being used to European style homes, this looked really nice and cosy from the outside, but it really is quite a nice size house!

And yes, I can clearly see you in that guest room!
Karin, the house is really very small....1000 square feet (as compared to ours which is just over 2000 square feet), but perfect for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Kathy, what a fabulous 1st home for them! It is beautiful...and with all the room in the basement, the 2nd bedroom could easily become a nursery down the road. Yep, that sleep sofa could sure come in handy.

They are the cutest couple!!
They are an adorable couple, Christine, and having so much fun planning the decorating for the house, the wedding, etc. No...no nursery until 2017 at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
Sorry I have been so MIA lately. To you. even if I'm not posting know I still am praying.

The new house is very cute and you can let your son know that wrestling rooms are great to have when they decide to have kids
Dawn, no apologies necessary. I've not even been here and I know how busy everyone gets during the summer.

Thank you for the continued prayers.

Oh...I'm sure a wrestling room will be in each and every house they ever buy (and he wants a boy and then he told Alisha she could have "her" girl ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Great pics of the house and them! When do they close on the house?
Thanks, Tink. The closing is scheduled for August 10, but there is a good possibility they will close on July 31 as the paperwork is moving quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
The house is adorable! That deck looks really nice on the back! And that basement sounds like it will definitely come in handy.

Congrats to the both of them!
The deck is huge (the picture doesn't do it justice). We are going for a cook-out there on August 26 and cannot wait.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:21 PM   #400
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
What a cute starter home and how awesomwe to have a finished basement !!!
Rosie, it reminds me of a dollhouse; I wish our basement were finished!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
So sorry to hear about your MIL.

Thank you, Tina.

This is awesome, though. You should be proud! And the house is looks really nice, too.
I am very proud, and the house is great!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey View Post
Wow, I've been gone so long, I had no idea everything that's transpired in the past few weeks, so sorry sending. Went through similar circumstances a couple of years ago.It is so draining on your mind and body when you're just trying to help out.

The house looks great, I'm loving that deck.
Thank you; I'm going to get a massage tomorrow because I feel the stress and it's not even my mother (but I remember all of with my dad four years ago when we lost him).

The deck is great...they've already started pricing furniture for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I love the house!!! First house or house they spend the rest of their life in... looks like a nice place to call home!!!
Thanks, Ann. It will be very cozy for the two of them. I don't think it can be a lifetime house as they want two kids and it's only two bedrooms. But you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
What a great first house!!!! Absolutely adorable
Thanks, Cynthia.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Sorry I've been MIA for a while...I've been lurking just not really responding!

I'm so sorry about your MIL ... we went through a similar ordeal when Lumar's mom was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few years ago. Our prayers are with you all!

The new house is bet nice! What a great place for them to start their new life together!
Hi, Ali...no worries. Thank you for the prayers.

They can't wait to move in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaDreaming View Post
Kathy, the house is adorable! It really is a great first home for them.

You are still in my thoughts during this rough time. I do hope that you are able to continue with your September trip as you and Mark most definitely deserve it! And hopefully we'll be able to catch one another at some point.

Many for you and your family.
Thank you; thanks for keeping us in your thoughts. We are going ahead with all plans for the vacation and will just have to see what happens. Mark is meeting with the nursing home staff, his dad and his mom next Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
First, I had no idea you had a PTR going! Sorry I'm super late

I hope things with your MIL start improving. Both with her health & with Mark.
Kelly, please don't worry...this thing has been very slow moving.

She's been a little better with Mark visiting her; our oldest stopped by yesterday but she was sleeping.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:25 PM   #401
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Kathy you are still in my prayers !!!
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 07-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #402
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
Kathy, that is heartbreaking news on both your brother and your MIL.

Please know that I will keep you all in my prayers and hoping for strenght for all of you to get through this.
Quote:
I don't know what to say, but I wanted to send you a and let you know I am thinking of you all!
Quote:
Oh Kathy I am soooo sorry,Prayers are with you!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lidian View Post
Wow, Kathy! I am so sorry to hear of your brother. Definitely praying for your whole family!!!

On a positive note ... the house is adorable!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simba22 View Post
Oh Kathy, I am so sorry! Prayers for you all!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
I am so sorry Kathy. Please know you and your family are always in my prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Kathy, you know that I'll continue to pray for your family. It often seems as if there's never an end to all the bad news but all you can do is simply look to the Lord in times like these.
Quote:
I'm truly sorry to hear all of this. I don't have any words to make it all better but I will keep every single one of y'all in my prayers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinnieLovesMickey View Post
So sorry Kathy. I'll definitely keep your family in my thoughts.
Quote:
Kathy, so sorry to hear. Praying!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenseib View Post
Prayers for you Kathy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnie&Nana View Post
Oh, Kathy, I am so sorry your brother's health has not improved.
Please keep us posted - he will be in our prayer every day.

We know how scary chemo can be...with your mother in law's age and condition perhaps it is too much for her to face. One thing I have learned about cancer treatments (when facing it myself), is to trust and support each persons choice. I know this is especially difficult with a family member - my mother had a few radiation treatments then stopped. She was ready to be with my dad and made that choice. It was with a clear mind and that doesn't sound like the case with you mil. I am so sorry, especially for Mark.

Holding all near in heartfelt prayer each day.
Quote:
My goodness, Kathy. I can't believe the deluge of bad news you've had recently. We will keep them both in our prayers. Is there anything else you guys need?
Quote:
Originally Posted by chloe770 View Post
Wow Kathy. What a roller coaster you have been on lately. I will of coarse continue to be praying and hope for more happy news than sad.
Quote:
Kathy continued prayers for your MIL and also for your brother
Quote:

I am so sorry, Kathy. Your news is definitely not the kind anyone wants to hear. I will keep your mil...and brother...and all of you in my prayers.
Thank you all -- you are all the best.

Mark has accepted things and what will transpire (his sister...not so much). We've gotten a lot of paperwork out of the way (Power of Attorney, Wills, etc.) and we are just taking it day by day. I asked Mark if he wanted me to just cancel the trip (did NOT mention the December trip at all) and he said ABSOLUTELY NOT! If Mom is still with us, we will go. If something happens while we are gone, we will fly home for a day or two for the service. This man needs a vacation.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:33 PM   #403
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Kathy prayers continue! SO much on your plate, I am sorry!

I LOVE the inside of the house, they will be so happy there!

Did you know I have a new PTR??? Link is in my siggie when you have time to visit...
Thanks, Judy. Hope you had a great 4th.

I can't wait to see how they decorate/paint.

And I'm at your PTR...finally.

Quote:
Happy Fourth Kathy and Mark!!!
Thanks, Rosie (loved the Niagra pictures).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Sending lots of pixie dust your way Kathy!

Amy, thank you so much.

Quote:
Your plans for DHS sound great!

It's been almost 8 years since I've eaten at 50's. But, I do remember loving it! I just can't remember what I ate!

Can't wait to hear about the plans for that night!
Although the Studios is our least favorite park, there is still plenty to keep us occupied. I can't remember what I ate there either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millie12591 View Post
The trip is shaping up nicely!

I've never eatin at 50's Prime Time, Mary convinced me we need to eat there on our trip in May. I can't wait, Mackenzie is really excited about it too.
Mackie says she wants to do the sampler plate since it has three of the things she wants to eat on it.

I'm not sure what I'll have, either something really bad for me, such as the fried chicken or something really good for me like the salmon. I'll just have to wait it out and see what strikes my fancy when I'm there.
I'm thinking that I'm leaning with the fried chicken myself (I don't like pot roast); it's the vegggies that will get me "in trouble"...I don't eat them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onelilspark View Post
The fried chicken is really good at 50s. My Mom always gets a coke float too! I had the pot roast the last time, there's a review up on my blog
Chicken sounds like the best way to go for me. Mark would probably love the pot roast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shan23877 View Post
Sounds like a great day! We were at 50s PT in April, and I loved both the wedge salad and the chicken pot pie!
Oooh...now Mark might like that Chicken Pot Pie too; and he loves his wedge salads.

Quote:
The onion rings were really good, and I thought the fried chicken was terrific. I believe DW enjoyed the meatloaf as well. It tastes better if you wear your hat and keep your elbows on the table.
Onion rings for an appetizer....check (I love onion rings).

I'll be sure to wear my hat and keep my elbows on the table at all times.

Quote:
The last time we ate at 50's Prime Time, I had a turkey sandwich. I was just so hot from the outside temps that I couldn't imagine eating hot food. It was a very good sandwich! To drink, I would like to try the PB&J milkshake sometime. I hope you have a great experience and that your server gives you a run for your money!!

Unless you have an ADR at opening, be prepared to wait to be seated. We waited 45 minutes to be seated the last time we ate there. (Our resie was for 12:30 and were were seated by 1:15.) All the seats in the lounge were taken so we leaned against a wall. There is a bar in the lounge. If you have TiW you do get 20% off in the lounge.
Thanks for the warning on the "wait" to be seated. We have a 12:15 p.m. ADR; maybe I should try to move it up to opening time.

Quote:
Great update! How gun for you both to have your "own" rides. I have never been to 50's pt... Sounds like it could be fun AND yummy.
Yep, our own rides where we get our 10 minutes of being away from each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I think you should try Dad's lemonade. I really wanted to try that in June and never got a chance. I guess it will have to wait until October. It will be so cool for you to go back to PTC after not being there for so long. Sounds fun!
Dad's lemonade sounds good. I'll be sure to let you know how it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
So sorry to hear all this bad news. My thoughts and prayers are most definitely with you and your family.
Thanks, MaryEllen. It's been a rough couple of weeks, but now that we know more we can continue on and deal with it all.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:36 PM   #404
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Okay...I'm running (or walking) out to get some lunch in the 98 degree temperature outside that feels like 108. I'm bringing lunch back to my desk and will finish responses AND do another update (maybe even two). See you all in a bit.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:13 PM   #405
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinacaplan View Post
So sorry about your MIL and your brother. Sending you some prayers and positive thoughts.

As for your DHS plans, they look great! You know I love Writer's Stop. How can you not love one of the only places on property to get a decent cappuccino? And I love that you and Mark and have separate rides. I've never done ToT; it scares me! But I'd love to get back on RnRC this time. Haven't done it since 2010.

I ate at 50's in April. My friend and I both ordered the fried chicken and loved it. We had a very good meal and our waiter was really in character, as were several others working that night, which only added to the fun.
Thank you for the prayers and positive thoughts, Tina.

Writer's Shop is great for coffee...and pastries for breakfast.

I used to love RnRC...when I was a LOT younger.

I think fried chicken seems to be the winner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
50's PT, love that place! Have many Grandma's Picnic Punch (so good!) and maybe share the onion rings? The fried chicken is something one of us always gets but the sampler platter is much better....you can get fried chicken, meatloaf and pot roast!
So I need a Dad's Lemonade and a Grandma's Picnic Punch? I better stay OUT of the pool when we go back to the resort.

I think "Romeo" would probably like that sampler platter...a little bit of all his "comfort" foods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Doesn't Rock n Rollercoaster bother Mark after a neck surgery?

Enjoy your meal at 50's! I like that place too, but haven't been in probably about 14 years. I'd love to go back, but DW hates it. 50's and Hollywood & Vine are the only 2 restaurants at WDW that she has black listed, so it always makes ADR options at DHS very limited.
I asked Mark the same question. His answer: I know what to expect on Rock N Roller and how to keep my head/shoulders; TOT is unexpected and never the same. I say whatever floats your boat, honey.

I'm with your wife on blacklisting Hollywood & Vine -- absolutely the worse food ever. Wy does DW not like 50's? The food? The ambiance? I think you know what my other blacklisted restaurant is without me going into too many details....can we all say YEE HAW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
DHS has to be my second favorite park. Of course, MK is first!!! When we went we watched Beauty and the Beast at least twice each of the days we were there! Brenda was tall enough, but we didn't let her do ToT. I was afraid of the nightmares she would have. Maybe this time I will let her do it... and be sure to take extra clothing in case she pees!

When you get back and start your TR, you'll have to let us all know what you decided to eat. I am thinking about trying it out. Not 100% sure yet though. Can't decide if the kids are over the characters at Hollywood and Vine yet.
That's interesting, Tammy. The Studios is our least favorite park (and probably why we try to get it out of the way). Our order is MK, Epcot, Animal Kingdom and then the Studios. But we're older now and don't have kids so this makes more sense for us.

You must let Brenda do TOT...she would LOVE it.

I can't believe I didn't notice you had a ticker. I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy for you.

Quote:
looks like you got some great plans for DHS....never eaten at 50's always say we are going to, maybe next trip!

hope you had a nice 4th! continued prayers for you all!
I'll let you know if we enjoy 50's before you make your plans.

We spent the 4th of July with my father-in-law signing Power of Attorney's, etc., and going through old family pictures...he doesn't want them in the house.

Quote:
I don't like RnR because I always end up with a headache after I ride it. I loved it when I was younger, but I'm OLD now and it just doesn't cut it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Its a very rough ride...if you are short, like me, my jawline hits the bars that come over your head and I get whacked by it.

We have found that is is not as rough if you ride it first thing in the morning but the later you wait it can be pretty hard core.

Picture Space Mountain with adding in the upside twist and put it on steroids lol!
Yes, you are short, but you are so darn cute, it makes up for your lack of height. I LOVE YOU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Love me some Hollywood Studios! You'd think that Mark wouldn't be able to ride Rock n' Rollercoaster without it hurting his neck. But, at least he can get his thrill ride on while you're plunging 13 stories!
Rock doesn't bother him as he sits straight as an arrow and keeps his head back. I don't get it either...I just go with the flow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aprilisis View Post
I'm so sorry to hear about your brother & MIL. I will keep them in my thoughts & prayers.
I'm also sorry I have been MIA for so long. Your plans at DHS sound great! Last time I was there I had the spaghetti & veggie "meatballs". I thought it was great...but my favorite thing there are the onion rings with horseradish sauce. John swears by the meatloaf. My favorite drink is the Mowie Wowie- it is pretty sweet, but very tasty.
Thank you, April...you are very kind.

Definitely doing the onion rings; and now another drink to add to the list? Someone will have to carry me out of there.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: