Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-04-2012, 09:16 PM   #376
KatMark
DIS Veteran

I've been promising an update, so I'm going to do that and then I will come back tomorrow with responses to all your warm prayers, etc.

So without any further delay, we arrive at Day Two -- Sunday, September 16

Mark will eat something like a banana or something so that he can take his pill. After that, it is off to the bus stop and going here:

I am sure the first place we will get some fastpasses for:

Then I think we will hustle over here and I'll ride

(yes, and it will be by myself as Andy won't be there) and Mark will ride this

Yep, we'll both be doing our "own" ride; I can't handle Rock & Roll and he is afraid to do the Tower of Terror after his neck surgery.

I'm sure by the time we are done with that, we will head over to Star Tours to see if one of us might be the Rebel Spy:

Aftern this, we will stop here for a light breakfast for me and my first cappucino and I'm sure Mark will have a little something before we have our ADR for lunch:

Since I'm not sure when our fastpass time return will be, I'll say that we also want to do the Animation Studio, The Walt Disney Story, the Great Movie Ride, the Muppets and perhaps Beauty & The Beast.

We are having lunch at a place we cancelled last year only because our time at the Studios with Andy was short. We'll be going to:

(borrowed from the internet)

I am open to all suggestions for what to drink or eat at 50's; it's been at least 12 years since we've been there so I'm sure there is a lot new.

After lunch, we'll probably hit a shop or two before we head back to OKW for a swim at the pool and/or a little nap before our late evening plans.

Up next, where will we go Sunday night?

Last edited by KatMark; 07-04-2012 at 10:03 PM.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:43 PM   #377
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Your plans for DHS sound great!

It's been almost 8 years since I've eaten at 50's. But, I do remember loving it! I just can't remember what I ate!

Can't wait to hear about the plans for that night!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-04-2012, 09:57 PM   #378
Millie12591
DIS Veteran

The trip is shaping up nicely!

I've never eatin at 50's Prime Time, Mary convinced me we need to eat there on our trip in May. I can't wait, Mackenzie is really excited about it too.
Mackie says she wants to do the sampler plate since it has three of the things she wants to eat on it.

I'm not sure what I'll have, either something really bad for me, such as the fried chicken or something really good for me like the salmon. I'll just have to wait it out and see what strikes my fancy when I'm there.

Un-Tangled....How I Got My Life Back-PTR, You Just Lost 80 Pounds-TR
DisneyLand 1989-twice-Nov.1995, Nov.1998, Nov.2001
DisneyWorld-May'07-Stayed @ POP, July'08-Off Property, May'10-Stayed @ CSR, May '13- Stayed @ POP,AofA,CSR & POR-All in one trip!
Old 07-04-2012, 10:52 PM   #379
onelilspark
DIS Veteran

The fried chicken is really good at 50s. My Mom always gets a coke float too! I had the pot roast the last time, there's a review up on my blog
Old 07-04-2012, 11:08 PM   #380
shan23877
I make lists about my lists

Sounds like a great day! We were at 50s PT in April, and I loved both the wedge salad and the chicken pot pie!
Old 07-05-2012, 08:20 AM   #381
Captain_Oblivious
DIS Dad #257
Don't underestimate your audience. I'm sure there's a fart joke in here somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I am open to all suggestions for what to drink or eat at 50's; it's been at least 12 years since we've been there so I'm sure there is a lot new.
The onion rings were really good, and I thought the fried chicken was terrific. I believe DW enjoyed the meatloaf as well. It tastes better if you wear your hat and keep your elbows on the table.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:33 AM   #382
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I've been promising an update, so I'm going to do that and then I will come back tomorrow with responses to all your warm prayers, etc.

So without any further delay, we arrive at Day Two -- Sunday, September 16

Mark will eat something like a banana or something so that he can take his pill. After that, it is off to the bus stop and going here:

I am sure the first place we will get some fastpasses for:

Then I think we will hustle over here and I'll ride

(yes, and it will be by myself as Andy won't be there) and Mark will ride this

Yep, we'll both be doing our "own" ride; I can't handle Rock & Roll and he is afraid to do the Tower of Terror after his neck surgery.

I'm sure by the time we are done with that, we will head over to Star Tours to see if one of us might be the Rebel Spy:

Aftern this, we will stop here for a light breakfast for me and my first cappucino and I'm sure Mark will have a little something before we have our ADR for lunch:

Since I'm not sure when our fastpass time return will be, I'll say that we also want to do the Animation Studio, The Walt Disney Story, the Great Movie Ride, the Muppets and perhaps Beauty & The Beast.

We are having lunch at a place we cancelled last year only because our time at the Studios with Andy was short. We'll be going to:

After lunch, we'll probably hit a shop or two before we head back to OKW for a swim at the pool and/or a little nap before our late evening plans.

Up next, where will we go Sunday night?
The last time we ate at 50's Prime Time, I had a turkey sandwich. I was just so hot from the outside temps that I couldn't imagine eating hot food. It was a very good sandwich! To drink, I would like to try the PB&J milkshake sometime. I hope you have a great experience and that your server gives you a run for your money!!

Unless you have an ADR at opening, be prepared to wait to be seated. We waited 45 minutes to be seated the last time we ate there. (Our resie was for 12:30 and were were seated by 1:15.) All the seats in the lounge were taken so we leaned against a wall. There is a bar in the lounge. If you have TiW you do get 20% off in the lounge.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:14 AM   #383
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Great update! How gun for you both to have your "own" rides. I have never been to 50's pt... Sounds like it could be fun AND yummy.
Old 07-05-2012, 09:28 AM   #384
MEK
DIS Veteran

I think you should try Dad's lemonade. I really wanted to try that in June and never got a chance. I guess it will have to wait until October. It will be so cool for you to go back to PTC after not being there for so long. Sounds fun!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-05-2012, 09:31 AM   #385
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
In the meantime, an update on Mark's mom (and now my brother).

Mark spoke to the doctor and, at most, my MIL has 9-11 months, all depending on how she handles the chemo (and if she continues to take the treatments...she is being very stubborn). Mark has seen her twice more and she has been a little better with him being there, but not great. She's also starting to hallucinate or something as she tells Mark and his sister the oddest of things.

You may all recall that my brother has had many medical problems over the years and had a major heart problem about 18 months ago. He went for his follow up visit this past Friday and the doctor told him the heart is NOT getting better, the medicine is not working and that the only thing they can do for him is a heart transplant. I have no idea where he is going from here, but I do know he goes for another test on Wednesday.

Please keep them both in your prayers.
So sorry to hear all this bad news. My thoughts and prayers are most definitely with you and your family.

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 07-05-2012, 09:37 AM   #386
tinacaplan
DIS Veteran

So sorry about your MIL and your brother. Sending you some prayers and positive thoughts.

As for your DHS plans, they look great! You know I love Writer's Stop. How can you not love one of the only places on property to get a decent cappuccino? And I love that you and Mark and have separate rides. I've never done ToT; it scares me! But I'd love to get back on RnRC this time. Haven't done it since 2010.

I ate at 50's in April. My friend and I both ordered the fried chicken and loved it. We had a very good meal and our waiter was really in character, as were several others working that night, which only added to the fun.
AofA - 2012
SSR - 2012
OKW - 2012

Old 07-05-2012, 09:46 AM   #387
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

50's PT, love that place! Have many Grandma's Picnic Punch (so good!) and maybe share the onion rings? The fried chicken is something one of us always gets but the sampler platter is much better....you can get fried chicken, meatloaf and pot roast!
Old 07-05-2012, 10:03 AM   #388
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Doesn't Rock n Rollercoaster bother Mark after a neck surgery?

Enjoy your meal at 50's! I like that place too, but haven't been in probably about 14 years. I'd love to go back, but DW hates it. 50's and Hollywood & Vine are the only 2 restaurants at WDW that she has black listed, so it always makes ADR options at DHS very limited.
Old 07-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #389
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

DHS has to be my second favorite park. Of course, MK is first!!! When we went we watched Beauty and the Beast at least twice each of the days we were there! Brenda was tall enough, but we didn't let her do ToT. I was afraid of the nightmares she would have. Maybe this time I will let her do it... and be sure to take extra clothing in case she pees!

When you get back and start your TR, you'll have to let us all know what you decided to eat. I am thinking about trying it out. Not 100% sure yet though. Can't decide if the kids are over the characters at Hollywood and Vine yet.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:42 PM   #390
mommy2mrb
Mama to a Princess - But I'm a Scrap Princess
But you wouldn't need the clothes if you had the hot man

looks like you got some great plans for DHS....never eaten at 50's always say we are going to, maybe next trip!

hope you had a nice 4th! continued prayers for you all!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: