Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-19-2012, 11:25 AM   #1561
Moira222
Can't get enough of the Magic & Pixie Dust!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I preordered the Photopass CD a couple of days ago. Nick, Andy and I are "sharing" it and each paid $40.00. Andy will download the photos to a new CD for Nicki.

Other than that, can't think of anything new. Oh, wait, Nicki and I have decided not to go shopping to DTD on our MK day. We just figured we aren't going to have enough time with the new Fantasyland stuff being open and we want to go to WL to see the decorations.
I love the posters and the tee's, though I admit I do love' Tim's idea for a poster too.....

Quote:
This hat is so MARK! Can't wait to see the photos!

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Love the details Kathy... I think poster #1 should say...

'I've got you something special for your birthday. You can find out what it is in the bedroom.'

Make sure you put lipstick marks all over the poster.
this is just too funny....and he would probably not be thinking of Mickey & Minnie after THAT poster! (and he would not wonder why you are heading to the bedroom!LOL)

Your first two days sound awesome. I just watched Tim's video of the Osborne lights and I can see why this is top on your list. We'll get there eventually.

and what could be better than closing down the park with your BFF/Sister? oh that's right, Kona Cafe first thing the next day!
Old 11-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #1562
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Somebody needs to sober that guy up.

Quote:
I almost forgot about that picture. That's not even the one all the dads make fun of anymore.
It's not? What picture do they make fun of now? Some certain someone, who won't be named, drinking beer in the shower?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
this is just too funny....and he would probably not be thinking of Mickey & Minnie after THAT poster! (and he would not wonder why you are heading to the bedroom!LOL)
I know Mickey & Minnie would be the last thing on my mind.

Quote:
Your first two days sound awesome. I just watched Tim's video of the Osborne lights and I can see why this is top on your list. We'll get there eventually.
It was a little shaky but I think you get the point!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-19-2012, 11:58 AM   #1563
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Kathy remember we want pix when you LURE Mark into the bedroom
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-19-2012, 12:08 PM   #1564
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Old 11-19-2012, 12:30 PM   #1565
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
She already wants to borrow Tim's whip Rosie, but I don't think she is going to be asking for your Pasties.........
Quote:
Exactly!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 11-19-2012, 02:23 PM   #1566
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
She already wants to borrow Tim's whip Rosie, but I don't think she is going to be asking for your Pasties.........
Exactly!!!
Will ya leave my PASTIES alone
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #1567
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by afwdwfan View Post
Kathy, the plans are looking great! I'd almost be willing to skip out on dinner just to have the kitchen sink. In fact, my Birthday is coming up and my mom and DW keep asking me what I want for my birthday dinner and I'm seriously contemplating just making that suggestion.

Maybe the boys will want to do that too.

Somebody needs to sober that guy up.

No kidding!

I almost forgot about that picture. That's not even the one all the dads make fun of anymore.

Ooooh....what picture are you talking about? Please tell!

That one.

Except he already has an AARP card.

That covered all the days that I'll be there, and it looks like we're pretty much going different directions, but we might be able to try an early morning meet on Friday.... I'm sure I'll have mug duty for our room anyway.
I always have mug duty...so maybe we can meet up to fill our mugs and at least say hello. I would really like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love how your surprise is going down. How did you manage to get Mark off from work? How does one do that? I can't see ever surprising Denny because I don't think I could ever manipulate his work scheduled.

What a great surprise and it keeps getting better with the surprise Nicky attack.

So great that you are staying at CSR this trip!
MEK, I called Lauri who has worked with Mark for almost 25 years. I told her about the suprise for his 60th and I needed her help. I told her I knew that their trade show ended the last day he'd be there for a week and she said he should have everythng done and, if he didn't, she would personally finish it up for him after he left. She only told the gal in charge of the vacation schedule and their boss and they all know NOT to say a word until he returns to the office after the trip.

The Nicki attack will be awesome.

I'm really looking forward to going "home."

Quote:
My vote is #4
Rosie, you should know that Mark already has an AARP card at his age.

Quote:
Love the plans Kathy, Mark is gonna get more HAT time . Hey how abouit Todd getting in on the act????
Yes, Rosie, both Mark and Todd will be doing the hats together. In fact, Todd told me since they have to do that with the hats, that Nicki and I had to do it with tiaras. I told him that would not be a problem because we are both princesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Loving all the plans! Kudos to you for keeping this secret sooo long - I can't believe it! I could never do that!

D~
D, it is getting harder and harder. I so want to show my excitement about the trip and I can't do a darn thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
I was wondering this too. My schedule is so wackadoo and that I would have a hard time not "planning" for time off.

I can't wait to see how this all works out and what a fun fabulous time time they have.
It was easy once I knew that Lauri would take care of things for him.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:13 PM   #1568
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
I know you are all wondering how Kathy managed to get Mark free from work and all I can say is the wife is the boss of EVERYTHING! What she says goes!

Well...thats how it is in my house Seriously though, I can easily do this for Todd because I write his schedule for him and he would not give a second glance as to why I am giving him so much time off I will not tell you how Kathy did it, I will let her do that

Honey, we all know that you are the boss and what you say goes....well except dining reservations sometimes.

Our plans for Saturday are great! I have to find out what time the PP people are in the lobby of MK, maybe we should not go there first thing in the am, maybe we should take a break after lunch and go visit the resorts around MK...what do you think? I dont think the Gingerbread House is open that early in the am anyways and this way we can make it to MK for RD, which I think is 9am.

Well, we talked about the plans for 30 minutes on the phone today and that's changed, now hasn't it?

I figure we are going to be at MK from 9am to 10pm so a nice break in the day might rejuvenate the boys..not worried about us because we are hyper nuts but the might need a seat and a Pina Colada

A Pina Colada and a beer for sure...we might need one too.

Now the most important thing is what are we doing for lunch?? I might want to try that pork shank think in FLE or maybe CHH or Peco? Or we can all just get whatever we want and just keep on grazing? You know we have to go to Adventureland a few times so the Big Man can get his egg rolls on...we do not want him to through a tantrum fit for a 2 year old

I think we covered that on the phone today too. We'll play it by ear and see how hungry we are. But I did have a thought after we hung up. If we're going to take a break in the afternoon to go to the resorts, maybe we could eat at Roaring Forks for lunch at WL????

So maybe after lunch we take the boat to WL and then hop on a bus to GF? I think they share a bus and the Poly and CR share a bus. What do you think? Maybe go to the Poly for a drink and to chillax at the Tambu Lounge before going back for round 2 at MK? Or Minzer's Lounge in the GF?

See my comment above about Roaring Forks. Oooh...I do like the idea of a drink at the Tambu Lounge. Good thing the kids are old enough to drink.

BOG...totally pumped for this meal! I hear the food is incredible and for all the trouble the two of us went through to get this reservation it better be!
I just read Amy's review of BOG on Facebook and I can't wait to get there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I love the reveal plans! I think the first poster is fine... just as someone mentioned all ready... just make sure to be to respond appropriately when he says he wants to go to WDW.

Plans are really coming together. I really enjoyed seeing everything at Christmas time. Staying at WL was maybe not my favorite resort, but the decorations just can't be beat! Gingerbread house at GF is amazing....and all other decorations are so impressive as well!!!

You are going to have an awesome trip!
Thanks, Ann. I think it's been decided that we will put the poster on the bedroom door and have the door closed...that should prevent him from having a chance to say anything that I have to cover.

I can't wait to see the gingerbread house.

Quote:
Just wanted to be the first to say for 17 days!!! (and sweet 16 until the big reveal!!!)
Thanks, Marv. I can't believe how quickly it is coming. With the holiday this weekend, the weekend will go fast and then we have plans next weekend so I'm hoping this doesn't drag. I'm going to burst soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Nice! I can't wait to hear what you think about this restaurant. I am toying with this as an ADR for June, but I'm really not sure how many table service restaurants my brother and his gang want to eat at. I might just save it for October when its just me and Denny.

So I noticed your rotating ticker this morning and noted the dates on your possible girls trip. Looks like if you pull it off we will be there right around the same time. Do keep me posted because it would be very cool if our trips overlapped. Is this with Mary and the girls?
All the reviews I've read for BOG have been excellent thus far.

You and I have already talked via PM about the June trip, and I really hope we can have a "girls" lunch with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
The plans for that Saturday look great!

I really can't wait to read Nicki's dining review from this trip! So excited to hear about BOG!!

The Christmas decorations at WL are really pretty! Hope y'all can make it to see them.
I can't wait to try BOG and now I hear the Beast will be there for pictures. Poor Nicki will have a much bigger task with her dining report this time with six of us eating and reviewing all of our food.

We will definiltely get to WL; even though I don't like the resort itself, I do want to see the decorations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moira222 View Post
I love the posters and the tee's, though I admit I do love' Tim's idea for a poster too.....

Thanks, glad you like the shirts. Tim is such a troublemaker.

This hat is so MARK! Can't wait to see the photos!

Mark tried that hat on a couple of years ago and I fell in love with it and so glad I found it.

Truthfully, I'm not sure WHAT my husband would be thinking of after THAT poster.

Next to surprising Mark and seeing Nicki and Todd, the Osborne lights are my biggest excitement.

and what could be better than closing down the park with your BFF/Sister? oh that's right, Kona Cafe first thing the next day!
I figure the Kona coffee will keep us going the next morning.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:15 PM   #1569
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:

It's not? What picture do they make fun of now? Some certain someone, who won't be named, drinking beer in the shower?

I know Mickey & Minnie would be the last thing on my mind.

It was a little shaky but I think you get the point!
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly!!!
Quote:
Will ya leave my PASTIES alone
You guys (and gal) all need to get your minds out of the gutter.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 PM   #1570
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Ooh Cupcakes from Roaring Forks! Even if we do not eat there we must get a cupcake and one from the Poly and one from GF...nothing stands between me and a cupcake

With regards to the food pictures...no one is to take a bite until after I have approved the picture Hope the kids are ok with it...I know you and Mark sure are and my hubby is totally used to it..I have him well trained!

A review for 6 adults...what this is going to be GIGANTIC!!
Old 11-19-2012, 09:38 PM   #1571
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Ooh Cupcakes from Roaring Forks! Even if we do not eat there we must get a cupcake and one from the Poly and one from GF...nothing stands between me and a cupcake

With regards to the food pictures...no one is to take a bite until after I have approved the picture Hope the kids are ok with it...I know you and Mark sure are and my hubby is totally used to it..I have him well trained!

A review for 6 adults...what this is going to be GIGANTIC!!
I tell them at least once every two or three days they cannot even breathe on their food until you take your pictures.

Who the heck needs lunch if we are going to have a cupcake from all of those places?
Old 11-19-2012, 10:08 PM   #1572
PracPerfPatricia
DIS Veteran

Hey Kathy,

Since I caught up on your TR... I thought I come over here for some light ---103 pages light--- reading on Mark's birthday trip...

Fortunately you kindly provided links...
Old 11-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #1573
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PracPerfPatricia View Post
Hey Kathy,

Since I caught up on your TR... I thought I come over here for some light ---103 pages light--- reading on Mark's birthday trip...

Fortunately you kindly provided links...
You can SKIP most of the first 70 pages or so as that was a PTR to our September trip and December got thrown into the mix.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #1574
that's nice
DDC #330

Quote:
You can SKIP most of the first 70 pages or so as that was a PTR to our September trip and December got thrown into the mix.
You signed into Facebook right now?
Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 PM   #1575
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
You signed into Facebook right now?
Yep....just responded to your message.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: