Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-16-2012, 01:38 PM   #1546
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Love your plans for that day!

Sunshine Seasons is the only place I HAVE to eat breakfast at (in a park) every visit. Don't know why, but I love it!

I am so excited for you to see Osborne Lights I loved them in 2010 and am so excited to see them again this year. And the addition of Santa Goofy to them makes me even happier!!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR
Alien Encounter gave me PTSD!! A Dec '14 PTR

Old 11-16-2012, 02:27 PM   #1547
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Can I just say that I love our plans?

Well, you should, you are the chief and you made them!

And I am totally down for staying at Epcot until midnight...PARTY ON!!! Sleep? Sleep? I dont need no stinking sleep? Oh I have to get up at the crack of dawn for a super early Kona breakfast?...no problem man, I am up for the challenge!

I say you and I do it! You know that you and I could handle this easily...who needs sleep when we are at Disney! Let's go for it!

Its not every day I get to Disney with you so I have to squeeze out every minute of it!

Absolutely! And there is so much we want to do and we have time constraints.

For Todd and I, our favorite part (besides seeing you guys) is the Osborne Lights. We have to be in that area and just hang out as long as possible. If there is one thing that Todd wants to do, and I mean if he had his pick out of anything, it is to see those lights! Add that to the little info I gave him about gingerbread hot chocolate in special mugs and he is over the moon excited!

I hope the one thing Todd really wants to do is hug me; but from what I've heard of the Osborne Lights, I'm not surprised that would be his choice. And mention food and the man is in heaven.

Yachtsman...oh baby give me bisque or give me death! That lobster bisque is too good to pass up!

I don't like lobster so I've never tried the lobster bisque. Maybe I'll be adventurous--Andy's paying anyway.

Can it just be Dec 6th already????????
Tomorrow we will be in the teens!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
The plans are coming together so nicely! YAY!

It won't be long before it's time! After seeing the 1st poster, if he says, "go to DisneyWorld", I would just laugh it off and be like, "Yeah, right! I don't think so!" And then take him to the 2nd poster.

I really hope Beaches & Cream isn't too crowded for y'all! We really enjoyed our meal there.

And I can't wait to hear about Chefs de France!

Y'all are going to have such a fabulous trip!!!
Nicki is great at planning things...even better than me. It just dawned on me that come December 1 (or the end of November), it will be six months that we have kept this a secret from Mark.

I've been wanting to go to Beaches & Cream for years so I hope we can get in too.

I will link Nicki's dining review when we get back...she does great details; and I'll mention it in my TR as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Those plans sound great. I just love park hopping, it makes me feel like I have accomplished so much in a day....even if we don't do much in each park. I am so jealous you are seeing the Osborne lights! My original plan was to go in Nov/Dec next year to see them, but now we have switched to MNSSHP. I'll see the lights some year
Suzi, we love to park hop too...we get the best of all the parks that way. It's been a long time coming to see the Osborne lights and the Chirstmas decorations in general. We could never go with the kids because of their involvement with sports, so this will be so much fun.

You will love the Halloween time.
Register to remove

Old 11-16-2012, 02:29 PM   #1548
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Love your plans for that day!

Sunshine Seasons is the only place I HAVE to eat breakfast at (in a park) every visit. Don't know why, but I love it!

I am so excited for you to see Osborne Lights I loved them in 2010 and am so excited to see them again this year. And the addition of Santa Goofy to them makes me even happier!!
I loved my kids french toast platter at Sunshine Seasons.

Thank you. I'm so excited myself...I keep pinching myself to see if it is real and we are actually going. And so happy to hear they added Santa Goofy.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:37 PM   #1549
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Update -- Saturday, December 8

We will be up super early again. We will taxi from Coronado to the Polynesian and Nicki and Todd will taxi over from the Dolphin to the Polynesian. Why are we doing that? Because we are having breakfast here:

I know for sure that Nicki and I will have AT LEAST one of these EACH:

The boys can have their own or share...I don't care, but they aren't touching ours.

From there, it is on the monorail to the Grand Floridian (yes, Mark is being dragged into the resort if I have to) for pictures, to see the Gingerbread house, etc. After that, we will head to

for decorations, picture with Mickey and Minnie in their Christmas attire, photopass pictures in front of the castle and anywhere else we see those guys, rides, shows, etc.

Around 12:30 or so, Nicki and I were going to head to Downtown Disney to shop, but we decided we shop when we are in Naples together, twice a year, and there is just too little time and too much to see and do at the parks, especially with the new Fantasyland opening, etc.

We might take a little break at some point in the afternoon and head over to the Wildnerness Lodge to see the Christmas decorations. Although the resort itself holds no appeal to me whatsoever to stay at, I understand the Christmas decorations cannot be beat.

We have dinner reservations at Be Our Guest. We are SO excited about this (especially after all the work Nicki put in to get the ADR to begin with). Magic Kingdom is open until 10:00 p.m. and we will stick it out until the end.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:22 PM   #1550
afwdwfan
DIS Dad #460
You should always make room for a loophole when you need it

Kathy, the plans are looking great! I'd almost be willing to skip out on dinner just to have the kitchen sink. In fact, my Birthday is coming up and my mom and DW keep asking me what I want for my birthday dinner and I'm seriously contemplating just making that suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Love the details Kathy... I think poster #1 should say...

'I've got you something special for your birthday. You can find out what it is in the bedroom.'

Make sure you put lipstick marks all over the poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Somebody needs to sober that guy up.

I almost forgot about that picture. That's not even the one all the dads make fun of anymore.

Quote:
4. AARP mailed your card to my house instead so I thought I would hand deliver it to you
That one.

That covered all the days that I'll be there, and it looks like we're pretty much going different directions, but we might be able to try an early morning meet on Friday.... I'm sure I'll have mug duty for our room anyway.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:20 PM   #1551
MEK
DIS Veteran

I love how your surprise is going down. How did you manage to get Mark off from work? How does one do that? I can't see ever surprising Denny because I don't think I could ever manipulate his work scheduled.

What a great surprise and it keeps getting better with the surprise Nicky attack.

So great that you are staying at CSR this trip!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-16-2012, 08:36 PM   #1552
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG for three weeks..I am sooooo excited! Although I am getting stressed because my husbands employees are messing up the schedule and of course they just have no problem messing with his schedule (how dare they change the bosses schedule!!) which sends me into screaming meemie mode! No worries he says, it will be fine he says....it will not be fine until I drag his butt outta work at 2pm!!!

We are saving our tee shirts for which date? Friday in Epcot and HS? Do you want Todd and I to wear them when we surprise you?

Yes we are going to text like crazy, the only hiccup is my hubby but his words are

"My Kathy loves me so if I am a little late she will not be angry"

Jeez...he has us wrapped huh?

Wonder what I should say to Romeo..I need to think on this...help me out you guys...what should I surprise him with?

1. Whats a FL trip without a little Nicki?

2. Funny meeting you here!

3. You didnt think I would skip out on an old man's birthday surprise did ya?

4. AARP mailed your card to my house instead so I thought I would hand deliver it to you
My vote is #4
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-16-2012, 08:43 PM   #1553
englishrose47
DIS Veteran

Love the plans Kathy, Mark is gonna get more HAT time . Hey how abouit Todd getting in on the act????
[/B][/URL]
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3051652Where will Rosie Roam in 2013
[
[http://www.disboards.com/showthread....2#post50321302 Rosie Roamings in 2014
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3212398 Belly Dancing and Bus Mojo The Grannie Trip

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3278536 Let's Meet in the Dump Shop
Old 11-17-2012, 07:31 AM   #1554
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Loving all the plans! Kudos to you for keeping this secret sooo long - I can't believe it! I could never do that!

D~
Old 11-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #1555
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I love how your surprise is going down. How did you manage to get Mark off from work? How does one do that? I can't see ever surprising Denny because I don't think I could ever manipulate his work scheduled.
What a great surprise and it keeps getting better with the surprise Nicky attack.

So great that you are staying at CSR this trip!
I was wondering this too. My schedule is so wackadoo and that I would have a hard time not "planning" for time off.

I can't wait to see how this all works out and what a fun fabulous time time they have.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL Feb '15 -AKVK May '15 EEC- July'15 Big Birthday blowout ............ Can't wait to go back
Old 11-17-2012, 05:15 PM   #1556
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

I know you are all wondering how Kathy managed to get Mark free from work and all I can say is the wife is the boss of EVERYTHING! What she says goes!

Well...thats how it is in my house Seriously though, I can easily do this for Todd because I write his schedule for him and he would not give a second glance as to why I am giving him so much time off I will not tell you how Kathy did it, I will let her do that

Our plans for Saturday are great! I have to find out what time the PP people are in the lobby of MK, maybe we should not go there first thing in the am, maybe we should take a break after lunch and go visit the resorts around MK...what do you think? I dont think the Gingerbread House is open that early in the am anyways and this way we can make it to MK for RD, which I think is 9am.

I figure we are going to be at MK from 9am to 10pm so a nice break in the day might rejuvenate the boys..not worried about us because we are hyper nuts but the might need a seat and a Pina Colada

Now the most important thing is what are we doing for lunch?? I might want to try that pork shank think in FLE or maybe CHH or Peco? Or we can all just get whatever we want and just keep on grazing? You know we have to go to Adventureland a few times so the Big Man can get his egg rolls on...we do not want him to through a tantrum fit for a 2 year old

So maybe after lunch we take the boat to WL and then hop on a bus to GF? I think they share a bus and the Poly and CR share a bus. What do you think? Maybe go to the Poly for a drink and to chillax at the Tambu Lounge before going back for round 2 at MK? Or Minzer's Lounge in the GF?

BOG...totally pumped for this meal! I hear the food is incredible and for all the trouble the two of us went through to get this reservation it better be!
Old 11-19-2012, 02:40 AM   #1557
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

I love the reveal plans! I think the first poster is fine... just as someone mentioned all ready... just make sure to be to respond appropriately when he says he wants to go to WDW.

Plans are really coming together. I really enjoyed seeing everything at Christmas time. Staying at WL was maybe not my favorite resort, but the decorations just can't be beat! Gingerbread house at GF is amazing....and all other decorations are so impressive as well!!!

You are going to have an awesome trip!
Old 11-19-2012, 07:21 AM   #1558
marvali
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to be the first to say for 17 days!!! (and sweet 16 until the big reveal!!!)

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 11-19-2012, 07:59 AM   #1559
MEK
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
We have dinner reservations at Be Our Guest. We are SO excited about this (especially after all the work Nicki put in to get the ADR to begin with). Magic Kingdom is open until 10:00 p.m. and we will stick it out until the end.
Nice! I can't wait to hear what you think about this restaurant. I am toying with this as an ADR for June, but I'm really not sure how many table service restaurants my brother and his gang want to eat at. I might just save it for October when its just me and Denny.

So I noticed your rotating ticker this morning and noted the dates on your possible girls trip. Looks like if you pull it off we will be there right around the same time. Do keep me posted because it would be very cool if our trips overlapped. Is this with Mary and the girls?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #1560
amandaw
DIS Veteran

The plans for that Saturday look great!

I really can't wait to read Nicki's dining review from this trip! So excited to hear about BOG!!

The Christmas decorations at WL are really pretty! Hope y'all can make it to see them.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: