Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-14-2012, 11:13 AM   #1531
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
that's the one!!!!
I would say "my kind of woman" but with Rosie around, it is already hard enough living that wooden spoon rep down............

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickeyNicki View Post
Wonder what I should say to Romeo..I need to think on this...help me out you guys...what should I surprise him with?

1. Whats a FL trip without a little Nicki?

2. Funny meeting you here!

3. You didnt think I would skip out on an old man's birthday surprise did ya?

4. AARP mailed your card to my house instead so I thought I would hand deliver it to you
Personally, I would go with the "little Nicki" one.......

Oh wait, I mean YOU should go with the "little Nicki" one!!!

Whatever you decide I think you will be fine..........that is, unless you go with Tim's first poster suggestion!!!

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 11-14-2012, 11:22 AM   #1532
PhoenixStrength
Waiting for my fairytale!

Love the plans!!! I'm sure he will be surprised no matter what, with the trip and Nicki and Todd joining!

I hope you get the actual DME bus this time, and me too!

Heat, humidity and a great Mother/Daughter trip! A May TR

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-14-2012, 11:26 AM   #1533
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Is this the whip being discussed?

Hey that guy looks familiar. What a loser!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:28 AM   #1534
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
4. AARP mailed your card to my house instead so I thought I would hand deliver it to you
DING DING DING!!!!!

That's it!!!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 01:38 PM   #1535
FauntleroyFAN07
Commander of Donalds Crew Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy

Location: Indiana, but still Bears, Cubs, and Bulls Country...Go Bulls

like the poster idea, but like how tim added the whole bedroom thing to it, might throw him off and not have him say something about disney where you could blow it by laughing or smiling with a smile that says that is the surprise.

nicki should say something like hey old man out of the way young blood walking here.

Brand Spanking NEW Art of Animation TR new 11-7

82-01 12 trips w/ parents FW~'06 Sept CBR 8 Nights(HoneyMoon)~'07 Sept AS Sports 9 Nights 1 Year Anv~~'08 6 night Christmas Trip to CSR~~'10 FW 12 nights~~'12 AoA 12 nights
Blessed by the Best
Old 11-14-2012, 09:18 PM   #1536
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Kathy, you are a ninja planner!

I love all of your details! I'd keep the first poster and perhaps take off the "what are we going to do about it" unless you want to add, "Meet me in the bedroom to find out just what"!

As for Nicki's line to Mark, I really like the last one about he AARP card needing to be delivered.
They were all pretty good but I liked that one the best.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:05 PM   #1537
eandesmom
I'm with Beast

Oh my gosh. Nicki has to use the AARP line!

What a fun update and great plotting and planning you have! Now we just need Des to be on time huh and all of you bite your tounge for another 3 weeks.

I like both signs...and the idea of a smart alec response if he does say that.

Like "Hah, don't you wish!"
Old 11-15-2012, 02:54 PM   #1538
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown View Post
Hum, do you really think that Mark will say "let's go to Walt Disney World"? If so, then I'm thinking skip Poster 1 and go straight to Poster 2. I'm so excited for this surprise trip to happen and can't wait to see Mark's expression when he finds out that you're going and then when he sees Todd and Nicki.
Lisa, your guess is as good as mine. The man is constantly saying he wants to go back to Florida because he hates his job, hates the weather here, etc.

I've got Andy and Des on alert that they must videotape/take pictures of the reveal and then they have to do it all over again when we see Nicki and Todd for the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by blessedmom4 View Post
Kathy, I love it all, you have truly planned this so well. As for the posters, if you think Mark might say lets go to Disney (that is a huge joke at our house, so that would be the response), I would either leave off the first poster or cut off the what are we going to do about it. So glad I saw this, it has made me happy to think of your special trip.
Thanks for your advice. I might change the first poster to some of the suggestions below. I'm glad you like the plan.

Quote:
Great Plans Kathy.

As for the posters.... I would guess the wheels may start turning when he sees the first poster, so....

Make sure you have the camera ready or put one on the bedroom door instead of the back door and have Andy call you upstairs for something so he can catch the ENTIRE thing.

I am so excited for you and can't wait to see the reaction.

3 weeks

The kitchen sink- Hmmmm Think 6 of you can finish all that??? You might need to invite people from the next booth to help.
Thanks, Pat.

I think that's a good idea. We will put the first poster on the bedroom door and have Andy, Des and Cookie in the bedroom with the door closed. I won't have them call us up because we automatically go upstairs to change clothes when we get home.

Todd and Nicki aren't much on ice cream I found out, so maybe Mark and Andy will try the No Way Jose instead.

[QUOTE=that's nice;46706244]Love the details Kathy... I think poster #1 should say...

'I've got you something special for your birthday. You can find out what it is in the bedroom.'

Make sure you put lipstick marks all over the poster. :QUOTE]

that is very funny....but Mark would definitely know something was up if I put that on the poster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post
for three weeks!

Thanks, Marv.

I'm loving the way you have the whole reveal thing all planned out, even with contingency plans.........

I really want this to go perfect.

There is NO WAY I would skip the first poster. As long as you are prepared ahead of time how you will react and what you will say if he does mention Disney World, it can actually add to the reveal IMO. My response would be a sarcastic....... "Yeeaaahhhh.....why don't we dooooo that" with an "are you for real" look to go along with it, or a sarcastic roll of the eyes.

Those are all good ideas!!!

Then after he finds out exactly what the plans are, you can add.......... "YEAH! Why DON'T we do that!!!"

Good!

Well, if you can't catch the Marvical Express, I guess this will have to do........

Yes, no Marvical Express for us.

Looks like it is just going to be one big surprise after another. I hope an old heart can take so much excitement in one day...........

I hope his heart can take it too!

Love to try one of these babies sometime..........
Let's see if they end up ordering it or not?
Old 11-15-2012, 02:56 PM   #1539
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Okay, maybe my idea isn't so good after all...........

Can she borrow your whip to add to the effect Tim???
Yeah, Tim, can I borrow your whip?

Quote:
Good one, Pat.

Quote:
I tried to keep it PG.. I could of been a little more graphic..

I can get that whip to Kathy in time. Let me know if you want to borrow it Kathy!!!

Can you overnight it?

that's the one!!!!

No, it's not!
Old 11-15-2012, 03:06 PM   #1540
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
OMG for three weeks..I am sooooo excited! Although I am getting stressed because my husbands employees are messing up the schedule and of course they just have no problem messing with his schedule (how dare they change the bosses schedule!!) which sends me into screaming meemie mode! No worries he says, it will be fine he says....it will not be fine until I drag his butt outta work at 2pm!!!

Have I ever told you how I miss when we don't talk on the phone every day? I'm so glad that Todd says he is all set to leave at 1 p.m. And they have a lot of nerve playing with his schedule....glad you got it all fixed.

We are saving our tee shirts for which date? Friday in Epcot and HS? Do you want Todd and I to wear them when we surprise you?

As discussed on the phone, t-shirts on Sunday...your departure day.

Yes we are going to text like crazy, the only hiccup is my hubby but his words are

"My Kathy loves me so if I am a little late she will not be angry"

Jeez...he has us wrapped huh?

Yes, texting nonstop when I get off that plane. And Todd will not let me down because he loves me right back.

Wonder what I should say to Romeo..I need to think on this...help me out you guys...what should I surprise him with?

1. Whats a FL trip without a little Nicki?

2. Funny meeting you here!

3. You didnt think I would skip out on an old man's birthday surprise did ya?

4. AARP mailed your card to my house instead so I thought I would hand
deliver it to you
I like them all, but I like #1 or 3 the best (he's had an AARP card for 10 years now!

And, as discussed via one of our already million text messages, you get to hug Mark first and I get Todd first, and then you and I will jump around like little girls and hug each other. LOVE YOU!

Quote:
I would say "my kind of woman" but with Rosie around, it is already hard enough living that wooden spoon rep down............

Don't you be stealing Rosie's wooden spoon.

Personally, I would go with the "little Nicki" one.......

Oh wait, I mean YOU should go with the "little Nicki" one!!!

Whatever you decide I think you will be fine..........that is, unless you go with Tim's first poster suggestion!!!
I think what will happen is Nicki will have all of these lined up and then go with something totally different when she sees Mark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Love the plans!!! I'm sure he will be surprised no matter what, with the trip and Nicki and Todd joining!

I hope you get the actual DME bus this time, and me too!
I think he's going to be surprised and love both surprises.

I hope you get an actual DME bus too. Just dawned on me that I have to take some extra cash for cab fares for our breakfasts.

Quote:
Hey that guy looks familiar. What a loser!
THAT'S THE PICTURE WE WERE ALL LOOKING FOR!

Quote:
DING DING DING!!!!!

That's it!!!!!!
Hey...your day will come for that little AARP card...and you'll be glad for that extra 10% off.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:12 PM   #1541
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FauntleroyFAN07 View Post
like the poster idea, but like how tim added the whole bedroom thing to it, might throw him off and not have him say something about disney where you could blow it by laughing or smiling with a smile that says that is the surprise.

nicki should say something like hey old man out of the way young blood walking here.
Trust me, if I threw the bedroom thing on there, he would really know something was up.

I like your suggestion for Nicki.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Kathy, you are a ninja planner!

I love all of your details! I'd keep the first poster and perhaps take off the "what are we going to do about it" unless you want to add, "Meet me in the bedroom to find out just what"!

As for Nicki's line to Mark, I really like the last one about he AARP card needing to be delivered.
They were all pretty good but I liked that one the best.
Thanks, Anita. I'm sure we will fuss with this until the actual day, but at least the inital plans are in order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eandesmom View Post
Oh my gosh. Nicki has to use the AARP line!

What a fun update and great plotting and planning you have! Now we just need Des to be on time huh and all of you bite your tounge for another 3 weeks.

I like both signs...and the idea of a smart alec response if he does say that.

Like "Hah, don't you wish!"
I like the AARP line but, as I said, he's had one for ten years and carries it with hi.

If Des is not on time she will certainly know of my displeasure. She's "not" my favorite of the girls as we all know and her being late will make her fall a lot further down that totem pole.

That's a good one "Hah, don't you wish"...I may keep that one just in case the bozo says something he shouldn't.
Old 11-15-2012, 03:19 PM   #1542
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Update -- First Full Day at the World -- December 7

Epcot opens at 9 a.m., so the plan is for Nicki and Todd to meet us at Soarin' where we will all get fastpasses and then ride. We will then go to Sunshine Seasons for breakfast.

We will do what we can in Future World and then head over to World Showcase and maybe we will have time to catch one or two of the Santas before our lunch ADR.

We will be dining at Chefs de France. This is a first for Mark, Andy and I (not sure if Des has ever been there). I am really looking forward to it. I'm pretty sure I already know what I'm getting...the French Onion Soup and the Grilled Cheese sandwich.

Once we are done with lunch, we will take the boat over to Hollywood Studios where we will for the first time ever to see the Osborne Lights. This is the part of the trip (well, besides seeing Nicki and Todd) that I am most excited about it and I know that Mark is going to absolutely feel like he died and went to heaven at this point. We will hang around the Studios until around 7:30; I'm not sure how much we will get done, but it's no big deal if we don't get on any attractions because Mark, Andy, Des and I will be back here on Monday of the trip.

At 7:30, we will get on a boat and go to The Yacht Club where we are having Mark's very special 60th birthday dinner at the Yachtsman. This is another first for us and I am really looking forward to it. Especially since Andy is picking up the tab for Mark and I.

Nicki and I might go back to Epcot which is open until 12:30. The boys will probably poop out on us...especially since we have an early morning the next day.

Up next, Saturday, December 8 and some very special plans
Old 11-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #1543
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

Can I just say that I love our plans?

And I am totally down for staying at Epcot until midnight...PARTY ON!!! Sleep? Sleep? I dont need no stinking sleep? Oh I have to get up at the crack of dawn for a super early Kona breakfast?...no problem man, I am up for the challenge!

Its not every day I get to Disney with you so I have to squeeze out every minute of it!

For Todd and I, our favorite part (besides seeing you guys) is the Osborne Lights. We have to be in that area and just hang out as long as possible. If there is one thing that Todd wants to do, and I mean if he had his pick out of anything, it is to see those lights! Add that to the little info I gave him about gingerbread hot chocolate in special mugs and he is over the moon excited!

Yachtsman...oh baby give me bisque or give me death! That lobster bisque is too good to pass up!

Can it just be Dec 6th already????????
Old 11-16-2012, 12:25 AM   #1544
amandaw
DIS Veteran

The plans are coming together so nicely! YAY!

It won't be long before it's time! After seeing the 1st poster, if he says, "go to DisneyWorld", I would just laugh it off and be like, "Yeah, right! I don't think so!" And then take him to the 2nd poster.

I really hope Beaches & Cream isn't too crowded for y'all! We really enjoyed our meal there.

And I can't wait to hear about Chefs de France!

Y'all are going to have such a fabulous trip!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #1545
solana131
DIS Veteran

Those plans sound great. I just love park hopping, it makes me feel like I have accomplished so much in a day....even if we don't do much in each park. I am so jealous you are seeing the Osborne lights! My original plan was to go in Nov/Dec next year to see them, but now we have switched to MNSSHP. I'll see the lights some year

Feb'12 TR: How do I go back to a world that doesn't have fireworks every night?
July'12 TR: July 2012. Yes it was hot. Yes it was crowded. Yes it was FUN!
August'13 TR: Mom...am I supposed to have shoes on??

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: