Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2012, 03:12 PM   #1516
MEK
DIS Veteran

I can't see the T shirt. I can't see the hat. But I know for sure that they are both fantastic. And I agree that the hat should never come off except to try on other hats.

Woo Hoo for 30 days! You must be getting SO excited!

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
Old 11-06-2012, 03:47 PM   #1517
DMGeurts
Never open texts with the "Hand Sewn Button" attachment!!!

Love the hat - it will be perfect!!!

D~
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 11-10-2012, 09:42 PM   #1518
wigdoutdismom
DIS Veteran

Oh that hat is perfect! Mark is going to look so sharp!
Old 11-11-2012, 11:30 PM   #1519
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixStrength View Post
Love the hat! And for 30 days!
Thanks...I'm so glad I found it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago Mo View Post
adore the hat!!! It's SO PERFECT!!!
...and trust me, he will wear it EVERY day of the trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by solana131 View Post
Love the hat! But I was thinking this too....

Poor Mark, I hope he enjoys the hats and doesn't just do it to please us!
Thanks, Suzi. Mark does it to please the DIS faithful and himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by englishrose47 View Post
Love the Hat!!!!!
Thanks, Rosie. It was the only one available on ebay...so glad I got it when I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
I can't see the T shirt. I can't see the hat. But I know for sure that they are both fantastic. And I agree that the hat should never come off except to try on other hats.

Woo Hoo for 30 days! You must be getting SO excited!
Thanks, MaryEllen. He and Todd will both be trying on hats for you faithful DISer's.

We are down to 25 days since you posted...I can't believe it. I'm so excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMGeurts View Post
Love the hat - it will be perfect!!!

D~
Thank you, D. If it's chilly, it will certainly keep his head warm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wigdoutdismom View Post
Oh that hat is perfect! Mark is going to look so sharp!
Thank you, Anita. He will look rather dapper, don't you think?
Old 11-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #1520
KatMark
DIS Veteran

The big reveal three weeks from today and arrival day

I cannot believe that three weeks from tonight we will surprise Mark with his trip to Disney for his 60th birthday.

I have to admit that it has been a real struggle at times to not slip, but we have ALL managed to keep it to ourselves.

As of now, this is the plan for the big night--Wednesday, December 5. We will go to work on Wednesday morning. Andy will hang up the first poster board on the back door before he goes out

And he'll put the suitcase on our bed and put this poster on it (upside down):

Mark will pick me up from the train around 5:45 as he does every night. I'm going to tell him I don't feel like cooking (this won't surprise him because this happens often) and that we should go to Chili's for dinner. We'll probably arrive here around 6:10 from the train. Once done with dinner, I'll text Andy to see if he is home from lessons yet and if Des has arrived (Des has a very bad habit of NOT being on time for anything...and I've already told Andy I will NOT wait for her on vacation; if she's not ready, they can meet us wherever we are going to be). If Andy is home or on his way, we will stop at Ulta for my shampoo and conditioner for the trip (I'll tell Mark I'm picking it up for the January trip since it's right there and won't have time with the holidays, etc.).

We will then arrive home and Mark will see Poster #1. I'm praying to God he doesn't say, "let's go to Disney World." Do you think I should just skip Poster #!?

Andy, Cookie (and Des if she is on time) will be upstairs in our bedroom...cameras ready for picture taking and videotaping...when Mark sees the suitcase and then reads his sign and finds out that his AWESOME wife and son are taking him to Disney.

After that, it will be time to pack, spend some time with Cookie and then hit the sack for our early wake-up the next morning.

Thursday, December 6, I will be up at 5:30 a.m. to shower, pack last minute stuff (curling iron, make-up, etc.) and get Mark up and showered (I think the kids can handle themselves).

We will leave the house at 6:30 a.m. Andy will drive all four of us to Midway Airport in his car and park the car there in the long term parking lot.

Our flight departs at 9:40 a.m. and we are scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 1:10 p.m. From there, we will walk and catch our

(I'm hoping for the one in the far left of this picture and NOT a Mears bus this trip).

Once on the Magical Express, we will be heading "home."

I am so excited that we are going back to Coronado. We LOVE Old Key West now and will probably choose it for most of our stays (or Animal Kingdom Lodge), but the Coronado holds a special place in our hearts as we've celebrated both of our 50th birthdays, my successful breast cancer surgery, and our 25th anniversary at the Coronado.

I'm not sure if our room will be ready when we get there (but I am hoping it will be). If not, we'll walk around the resort and take some pictures before we have to head to the Dolphin Resort. We are telling Mark that we are headed to the Dolphin to see the Christmas decorations and to have dinner at Shula's, although we are not.

(Picture borrowed from internet)

Once we arrive here, I'm going to have Mark call Nicki. He will think that Nicki and Todd are NOT going on their Christmas trip this year because of Todd's job. I'm going to have him call and give Nicki some grief that we are there and she is not (this will all be prearranged as Nicki and I will be fervently texting back and forth so we set up the timing perfect). Once Mark calls Nicki, she will run into him and hit him on the back and say whatever it is that Nicki wants to say.

Nicki will then pull out the t-shirts and we will decide which day we are all going to wear them:

We will then walk over to The Beach Club and for the FIRST time ever, we will be dining here (please, don't be too crowded):

(Picture borrowed from internet)

I can't wait to try the onion rings....they are a temptation I cannot pass up.

I'm hoping that the guys will want to give this beauty a try:

(borrowed from the internet)

Depending on how tired we all are, we can either tour the lobby of the Epcot resorts (Beach Club and Yacht Club and perhaps the Boardwalk) or just go back to our room and rest up for our first day of NONSTOP park action.
Old 11-14-2012, 10:34 AM   #1521
mickeystoontown
DIS Veteran

Hum, do you really think that Mark will say "let's go to Walt Disney World"? If so, then I'm thinking skip Poster 1 and go straight to Poster 2. I'm so excited for this surprise trip to happen and can't wait to see Mark's expression when he finds out that you're going and then when he sees Todd and Nicki.

2014 trip report: Disney dangled the visual weinee and Mickeystoontown gobbled it up! Our two week adventure!
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....6#post51642226

Old 11-14-2012, 10:47 AM   #1522
blessedmom4
WE BELIEVE IN MIRACLES! ~~Nearly twice as many children die from Congenital Heart Defects in the U.S. each year as die from all forms of childhood cancers combined.

Location: I am not religious, I have a relationship with God.

Kathy, I love it all, you have truly planned this so well. As for the posters, if you think Mark might say lets go to Disney (that is a huge joke at our house, so that would be the response), I would either leave off the first poster or cut off the what are we going to do about it. So glad I saw this, it has made me happy to think of your special trip.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:10 AM   #1523
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Great Plans Kathy.

As for the posters.... I would guess the wheels may start turning when he sees the first poster, so....

Make sure you have the camera ready or put one on the bedroom door instead of the back door and have Andy call you upstairs for something so he can catch the ENTIRE thing.

I am so excited for you and can't wait to see the reaction.

3 weeks

The kitchen sink- Hmmmm Think 6 of you can finish all that??? You might need to invite people from the next booth to help.
POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 11-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #1524
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Love the details Kathy... I think poster #1 should say...

'I've got you something special for your birthday. You can find out what it is in the bedroom.'

Make sure you put lipstick marks all over the poster.
Old 11-14-2012, 11:21 AM   #1525
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
I cannot believe that three weeks from tonight we will surprise Mark with his trip to Disney for his 60th birthday.

I have to admit that it has been a real struggle at times to not slip, but we have ALL managed to keep it to ourselves.
for three weeks!

I'm loving the way you have the whole reveal thing all planned out, even with contingency plans.........

Quote:
We will then arrive home and Mark will see Poster #1. I'm praying to God he doesn't say, "let's go to Disney World." Do you think I should just skip Poster #!?
There is NO WAY I would skip the first poster. As long as you are prepared ahead of time how you will react and what you will say if he does mention Disney World, it can actually add to the reveal IMO. My response would be a sarcastic....... "Yeeaaahhhh.....why don't we dooooo that" with an "are you for real" look to go along with it, or a sarcastic roll of the eyes.

Quote:
Andy, Cookie (and Des if she is on time) will be upstairs in our bedroom...cameras ready for picture taking and videotaping...when Mark sees the suitcase and then reads his sign and finds out that his AWESOME wife and son are taking him to Disney.
Then after he finds out exactly what the plans are, you can add.......... "YEAH! Why DON'T we do that!!!"

Quote:
Our flight departs at 9:40 a.m. and we are scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 1:10 p.m. From there, we will walk and catch our

(I'm hoping for the one in the far left of this picture and NOT a Mears bus this trip).

Once on the Magical Express, we will be heading "home."
Well, if you can't catch the Marvical Express, I guess this will have to do........

Quote:
Once we arrive here, I'm going to have Mark call Nicki. He will think that Nicki and Todd are NOT going on their Christmas trip this year because of Todd's job. I'm going to have him call and give Nicki some grief that we are there and she is not (this will all be prearranged as Nicki and I will be fervently texting back and forth so we set up the timing perfect). Once Mark calls Nicki, she will run into him and hit him on the back and say whatever it is that Nicki wants to say.
Looks like it is just going to be one big surprise after another. I hope an old heart can take so much excitement in one day...........

Quote:
I'm hoping that the guys will want to give this beauty a try:

(borrowed from the internet)
Love to try one of these babies sometime..........

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 11-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #1526
marvali
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by that's nice View Post
Love the details Kathy... I think poster #1 should say...

'I've got you something special for your birthday. You can find out what it is in the bedroom.'

Make sure you put lipstick marks all over the poster.
Okay, maybe my idea isn't so good after all...........

Can she borrow your whip to add to the effect Tim???

AKV - since 2007 DIS Dad's Club Member #174
Me DW DS24 DS21 DS17
Link to 2011 AP Trips: Rides, Slides, Eats & Meets...It's an ANNUAL Pass after all!
Link to Dec 2010 Trip Report: Snow to 80 in 8 days–A spoonful of Holiday Cheer
Link to OKW Trip Report: OKW Trip Report
Old 11-14-2012, 11:33 AM   #1527
Poolrat
I am alive, sometimes I wonder too!
I probably would be glued to the side

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post

POOLRAT PATI am a Disney Dork. 75- Contemporary,77- offsite Hyatt,86- offsite 1 day trip,88- offsite 1 day trip,98- Contemporary w/kids,01- All Stars Movies,05- Boardwalk,06- Coronado,07- Carribbean Beach,08- Beach Club,Oct 09 - POP/Coronado, Dec09/Jan 10 ASMu/ CSR , July '10-POP, Sept '10 POFQ,Oct '10 2X for F&W @ POP Oct'11-ASSp Dec '11-DVC SSR/AKL July '12- BCV, Sept '12- DL, Oct '12- BCV, Dec'12-POP Jan '13- OKW May '13-BWV Oct '13- BCV DEC '13- BCV May14-POP Aug 14- VWL Oct '14-DL
Can't wait to go back
Old 11-14-2012, 11:41 AM   #1528
that's nice
DDC #330

Maybe the entire internet is slowing down because of this thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvali View Post

I tried to keep it PG.. I could of been a little more graphic..

I can get that whip to Kathy in time. Let me know if you want to borrow it Kathy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poolrat View Post
that's the one!!!!
Old 11-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #1529
KatMark
DIS Veteran

Back with responses later, but you guys left the door wide open for this one......

Is this the whip being discussed?

Old 11-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #1530
MickeyNicki
It is pretty darn sad when a valet picks you out as a big Boma eater

OMG for three weeks..I am sooooo excited! Although I am getting stressed because my husbands employees are messing up the schedule and of course they just have no problem messing with his schedule (how dare they change the bosses schedule!!) which sends me into screaming meemie mode! No worries he says, it will be fine he says....it will not be fine until I drag his butt outta work at 2pm!!!

We are saving our tee shirts for which date? Friday in Epcot and HS? Do you want Todd and I to wear them when we surprise you?

Yes we are going to text like crazy, the only hiccup is my hubby but his words are

"My Kathy loves me so if I am a little late she will not be angry"

Jeez...he has us wrapped huh?

Wonder what I should say to Romeo..I need to think on this...help me out you guys...what should I surprise him with?

1. Whats a FL trip without a little Nicki?

2. Funny meeting you here!

3. You didnt think I would skip out on an old man's birthday surprise did ya?

4. AARP mailed your card to my house instead so I thought I would hand deliver it to you

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: