Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants > Disney Dining Reviews
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-30-2012, 06:53 PM   #1
Melct
Mouseketeer

My dining reviews 12/13-22

We just returned last weekend from a 9 nights at CBR. We had the free dining plan with our package. The free dining plan was the best promo out there for us, most days the food alone for the four of us added up between $200-250 per day. Here is were we ate:

12/13 Wolfgang Puck Cafe - Downtown Disney
I had the rotisserie chicken. DH had a steak. Food and service was very good. We ate around 5pm and the place was mostly empty at that time. As we were leaving there wasn't any tables available.

12/14-Chef Mickey's
Food was decent but the character interaction was what made the meal. We had a 6:30 reservation and it took about 20 minutes for us to be seated. If you are visiting the Contemporary, take a roundtrip monrail ride around. Pretty neat to see the castle from a distance at night.

12/15- 50s PrimeTime- DHS
Food was good, had the fried chicken. The servers were very funny and make it a must do restaurant for us. The table next to us was using purel at the table. The server yelled, "That's disgusting, you need to wash your hands in the bathroom so get in there right now!" They all then went to the bathroom. It was so hysterical to watch.

12/16- Rainforest Cafe-Animal Kingdom
This was my first time visiting a Rainforest Cafe. I liked the food and the service was excellent. I had the seafood combo and Dh had the ribs. We had a 7pm dinner reservation and when we were leaving we were one of the last ones to leave for the day. One of the cast members asked if we needed transportation and sent us on the first bus. We were the only ones in it so it was like a personal taxi. I was very impressed.

12/17 Kouzinna-Boardwalk
This may have been the best meal of the trip. I had a red snapper fish, best fish I ever had! Everyone else enjoyed their food as well. The only downside was we were too full to eat desert. I got my baklava to go and had it the next day for a snack.

12/18 Breakfast at Hollywood & Vine at DHS
I wish I had done more breakfast reservations in the parks. I had a 8am reservation. The food was okay, but the characters were why we were there. My daughter was thrilled to meet Jake. We finished eating by 9am and went out to enjoy a nearly empty park. Next time I am definatley doing more breakfast so we can get into the parks before the rush.

12/18 Dinner we did counter service at CBR. They do a movie by the pool each night. We sat at an outside table and watched Brave while eating dinner. This was probably the most memorable dinner for us.

12/19 DH and I went to Fulton's while the kids stayed with my family. This was my least favorite meal of the trip. The lobster and crab legs were yummy but we experienced a couple of issues. They ran out of margarita's and they never brought my veggies. I asked halfway through my meal were my broccoli was and the server said he didn't bring it because it looked overcooked. He didn't offer to bring something else or anything, it was strange. I do not think it was worth 2 table service credits. If you want good seafood go to Cape May.

12/20 Restaurant Arkeshus-Epcot Norway
This was our second time here. The food was bad and the character interaction was okay. The lighting in the restaurant is very very dim and all my pictures came out horrible. I probably wouldn't go back again.

12/21 1900 Park Fare-Grand floridian
This was a great princess meal. The buffet was good and the character interaction was EXCELLENT.The step sisters were the best part. They spent so much time with us and my girls adored them. They were hiarious.

Overall it was a great trip and we had lots of great experiences.

Melissa
Old 12-31-2012, 08:24 AM   #2
wdwloverz
Tigger, is that you??

Thanks for the reviews!!
Your Fultons experience, how odd! Sometimes things like that just leave you shaking your head, and for 2 credits no less!!

wdwloverz is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 12-31-2012, 06:22 PM   #3
Ro Z
DIS Veteran

They have a full bar at Fultons. How do you run out of Margaritas?! Seriously? How?

We don't think Fultons is worth it either!

Maybe they ran out of broccoli too.
Ro Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 08:22 PM   #4
arcticdisneylovers
DIS Veteran

We were disappointed in Fulton's last year. Dh said the best part of the meal was the bottle of rootbeer
arcticdisneylovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
JennSaint
DIS Veteran

Thanks for your reviews! I was wondering what time CBR shows their movie by the pool each night?? We are staying there in a couple of weeks and this might be a nice thing to do on our arrival night since we aren't going to the parks that day.
Thanks!
CBR~11/29-12/5/00, Disneyland~5/9-5/13/01, AKL~2/12-2/20/02, AKL~2/12-18/03, Universal PBH~2/18-2/21/03,Bonita Springs 2/12-2/21/04 & WDW Dolphin 2/21/04, WDW~ POFQ~2/15-2/21/05 & BCVillas 2/21-2/25/05, POFQ~2/17-2/25/06, Hyatt GC~2/18-2/23/07, All Star Sports~ 2/12-2/15/08 & CSR~ 2/15-2/20/08, CBR~2/14-2/21/2009 & Caribe Royale 2/21-2/24/09, AKV Jambo~2/10-2/20/2010, Bahama Bay Resort 2/20-2/28/2011, BWV & BCV 2/19/12-2/26/12, CBR 2/18-2/25/2013
JennSaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:20 PM   #6
DLFan123
living the dream-literally!

Sounds like you got a great deal by going with the free dining! One of these days, I want to get free dining!
DLFan123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: