Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2012, 12:15 PM   #196
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Room 2 - Saturday, September 29th - Day 2

Today is the day of the kids races that is at 9am and the TOT 10 miler which starts at 10pm and I'd like to be on the early bus to line up for the TOT rather than stress out about making it to the corral in time with multiple porta potty stops.

My goals for today are to get up and cheer on the little girls running their races. Then relax. I'm not really sure what Lisa will do (probably hang out with Zoe, Kira, and Amanda) and I believe Shelly and Kaylani will be hanging out with the DIL and GD. So I guess that leaves me and Ann off doing our own thing. I think I'd like to go back to the hotel, take the water taxi to DTD Marketplace, shop at WOD and maybe eat at WPE? I know I know I have a Via Napoli meal scheduled, but I just don't think going into Epcot on opening weekend of Food and Wine is a smart thing.

After that I'd like to go back to the hotel, put my footies up and rest until its time to get ready and make our way onto the bus to bring us to the starting corrals. Hopefully we don't take up too much space. After the run, I'd like to see what characters are out, try to get on TSMM, and convince Ann who is barely coherent at this time to go on RnRC so she can realize its not as bad as Space Mountain in my Ride Chicken opinion. I'm hoping to be done and ready for bed between 2 - 3am so I can get to sleep and not waste the whole next day.

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause Iíve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
tankgirl427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 05:53 PM   #197
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
All of y'alls plans are sounding great!

I do hope you get to rest some that Sunday morning. I am really jealous of your breakfast ADR at Kouzzina's. I have been wanting to try breakfast there but it never seems to work out. Sorry to hear you haven't had good meals at Yak & Yeti. Seems like I usually hear good things about that place. I'll probably make us try it.....one day.

MNSSHP on 9/30....another possible day we may run into each other! I think the Dalmatian tutu idea is cute.
Well, Amanda.. you know where I will be if you should want to try and have breakfast at Kouzzina

We are sure to run into eachother... MNSSHP is just another time we will be in the same place. I know that originally you were going to be at the same resort even, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
Plans are moving along well. I know how you feel though. I'm just not into the planning as much (I usually have redone my itineary at least five or six times by now, and I've only done it twice ).

I really want to try Kouzzina one of these trips. I'm sorry you didn't like Yak & Yeti (we loved it there the time we ate there).
You have plenty of reasons not to be caught up in the planning of your trip! Good grief. I think you need a break. Hopefully, you will be able to enjoy your trip. That is what I am praying for!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
Bummer about the Ridemax subscription. I hope you are able to get the additional days for your trip.

Kouzinna has a really yummy breakfast. Everything on the menu looks amazing. Good luck deciding.

And good luck on deciding on costumes.

yeah for SWA and two bags. I love SAW and I am happy to be flying them in October.

Great plans ladies!
I got a response from Ridemax stating that October has just not been released. Kira sent a message via their facebook page and got a completely opposite response.

As for Kouzzina... yes, I am going to have a very hard time deciding on what to eat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onescgirl View Post
I can't wait to see what you decide on wearing to MNSSHP!
Me too!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl427 View Post
Today is the day of the kids races that is at 9am and the TOT 10 miler which starts at 10pm and I'd like to be on the early bus to line up for the TOT rather than stress out about making it to the corral in time with multiple porta potty stops.

My goals for today are to get up and cheer on the little girls running their races. Then relax. I'm not really sure what Lisa will do (probably hang out with Zoe, Kira, and Amanda) and I believe Shelly and Kaylani will be hanging out with the DIL and GD. So I guess that leaves me and Ann off doing our own thing. I think I'd like to go back to the hotel, take the water taxi to DTD Marketplace, shop at WOD and maybe eat at WPE? I know I know I have a Via Napoli meal scheduled, but I just don't think going into Epcot on opening weekend of Food and Wine is a smart thing.

After that I'd like to go back to the hotel, put my footies up and rest until its time to get ready and make our way onto the bus to bring us to the starting corrals. Hopefully we don't take up too much space. After the run, I'd like to see what characters are out, try to get on TSMM, and convince Ann who is barely coherent at this time to go on RnRC so she can realize its not as bad as Space Mountain in my Ride Chicken opinion. I'm hoping to be done and ready for bed between 2 - 3am so I can get to sleep and not waste the whole next day.
I am not sure what you mean by "hopefully we don't take up too much space" Are you talking about the tutus? Just how big are you making them

And I should be coherent. I have been increasing the amount I run each day I go out now...and have been doing better with my times. yesterday I averaged 10:50!!! I did just over 5 miles with an average pace of 10:50!!!. During the race, I hope that since unlike what I do now (which is run the duration) I will be walking and running with you... I should feel less tapped by the end.
annmarieda is online now   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-05-2012, 08:42 PM   #198
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
Well, Amanda.. you know where I will be if you should want to try and have breakfast at Kouzzina

We are sure to run into eachother... MNSSHP is just another time we will be in the same place. I know that originally you were going to be at the same resort even, right?
Yep....we were originally at POFQ, too! But, then I had to go & mess everything up by switching us to BC.

I am really hoping Reid will sleep in at least a little bit that Sunday morning. I think we're going to try to get to Beaches & Cream right when they open at 11am. If you don't make it to Kouzzina's, you're welcome to come meet us there!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:59 PM   #199
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Wow! I have missed a lot in the past few weeks. Your plan sounds great! I highly recommend Kouzzina for breakfast. I really like the waffles there.
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:05 PM   #200
oceanwave
Mouseketeer

Your plans are sounding fab!

We may be at the same Halloween party. Still debating it. We will have done the Tuesday party but I am thinking there will be lots that we will have missed, like meeting the dwarfs! Glad to hear I am not the only one who hasn't decided on costumes!

Hope you get ridemax sorted out soon.

Glad to hear the training is going well. Hopefully they will move you up to the next corral.

September 2012 - POFQ
September 2011 - Coronado Springs

Sep/Oct PTR
oceanwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 01:04 AM   #201
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Yep....we were originally at POFQ, too! But, then I had to go & mess everything up by switching us to BC.

I am really hoping Reid will sleep in at least a little bit that Sunday morning. I think we're going to try to get to Beaches & Cream right when they open at 11am. If you don't make it to Kouzzina's, you're welcome to come meet us there!
OH!! Beaches and Cream... just another place I need to try and fit in sometime.

I really hope to make Kouzzina. If I don't though... I know where you will be
Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Wow! I have missed a lot in the past few weeks. Your plan sounds great! I highly recommend Kouzzina for breakfast. I really like the waffles there.
I am super excited about breakfast! I only have heard good things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwave View Post
Your plans are sounding fab!

We may be at the same Halloween party. Still debating it. We will have done the Tuesday party but I am thinking there will be lots that we will have missed, like meeting the dwarfs! Glad to hear I am not the only one who hasn't decided on costumes!

Hope you get ridemax sorted out soon.

Glad to hear the training is going well. Hopefully they will move you up to the next corral.
Yes... I guess now Kira and Amanda are going shopping for their costumes on sunday. wonder if that leaves Zoe and I to figure something out.

I am really starting to wonder about ridemax... I will have to sit down and figure it out tomorrow.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #202
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am not sure what you mean by "hopefully we don't take up too much space" Are you talking about the tutus? Just how big are you making them

And I should be coherent. I have been increasing the amount I run each day I go out now...and have been doing better with my times. yesterday I averaged 10:50!!! I did just over 5 miles with an average pace of 10:50!!!. During the race, I hope that since unlike what I do now (which is run the duration) I will be walking and running with you... I should feel less tapped by the end.
Well, I went back and trimmed them down even more. Watch by the time I get there, there will be no tutu left. I really need to leave them alone I guess. Stop running so fast! And you will be going on RnRC with me so you can do it with your kids and make them think you are cool.

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
Old 09-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #203
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Room 2 - Sunday, September 30th - Day 3

So mostly the Room 2 plans are mine, but we have to talk and come up with the final plans for all.

I'm hoping to get a few hours of sleep before heading off to MK for the day. I'm not sure what anyone else is doing in the room, but I did make a late breakfast reservation at Chef Mickey's. It was one of the reservations Shelly wanted me to make. I still have to figure out a costume for MNSSHP. Since I have my pass I figured I'd go into MK early and get my wristband in the park rather than waiting in a line. I'm hoping to last the whole night even though Ann and I will have gone 10+miles the night before a stayed up way too late!

Starting tomorrow I have regular touring plans with some possible adds as I'm packing and cleaning through all my luggage from my other trips this past year.

Old 09-06-2012, 09:29 PM   #204
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
And you will be going on RnRC with me so you can do it with your kids and make them think you are cool.
My kids will never think I am cool.
Quote:
Well, I went back and trimmed them down even more. Watch by the time I get there, there will be no tutu left. I really need to leave them alone I guess.
yes, yes you do! I am sure they are B A U tiful!
Quote:
Stop running so fast!
Well, as you requested... ran slower today. I did run the entire 5.6 miles... but it was MUCH hotter and WAY humid today. Average pace was 11:23.

Quote:
So mostly the Room 2 plans are mine, but we have to talk and come up with the final plans for all.

I'm hoping to get a few hours of sleep before heading off to MK for the day. I'm not sure what anyone else is doing in the room, but I did make a late breakfast reservation at Chef Mickey's. It was one of the reservations Shelly wanted me to make. I still have to figure out a costume for MNSSHP. Since I have my pass I figured I'd go into MK early and get my wristband in the park rather than waiting in a line. I'm hoping to last the whole night even though Ann and I will have gone 10+miles the night before a stayed up way too late!

Starting tomorrow I have regular touring plans with some possible adds as I'm packing and cleaning through all my luggage from my other trips this past year.
I started packing...brought out the luggage and looked to see what I had sitting in them... I am scared that I am not going to have time to pack. I got my budget for the month It is going to be a busy busy month for me. Add in that I am helping Kim out a bit and I am going to be going from tomorrow until the day I fly out. I am not sure how much free time I will have!!!

As for MSSHP...still thinking on costumes here too....
Old 09-07-2012, 11:12 AM   #205
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Room 2 - Sunday, October 1st - Day 4

Can it be day 4 already?

Today is the 30th anniversary of the opening of Epcot, because of this and hoping Disney will do something I have planned to be in Epcot today. My cousin is all about being in Epcot on it's birthday. I'm thinking this will make it a popular place to be today for resort guests. So we have a couple reservations to possibly help deal with the crowds. With Test Track down, maybe I'll finally have time for the sum of all thrills or figment. Otherwise I'll be spending lots of time trying to Wine and Dine. Gotta make up for all those calories Ann and I burnt off during the run.

Old 09-07-2012, 12:45 PM   #206
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Can it be day 4 already?

Today is the 30th anniversary of the opening of Epcot, because of this and hoping Disney will do something I have planned to be in Epcot today. My cousin is all about being in Epcot on it's birthday. I'm thinking this will make it a popular place to be today for resort guests. So we have a couple reservations to possibly help deal with the crowds. With Test Track down, maybe I'll finally have time for the sum of all thrills or figment. Otherwise I'll be spending lots of time trying to Wine and Dine. Gotta make up for all those calories Ann and I burnt off during the run.
I finally got our plans pretty well laid out and this is the day we are doing the TSM dash in the morning. I will post more detailed plans of course, however looks like we will be headed separate ways. I am not sure we will even hit Epcot on this day...even though it is the anniversary. Have you heard of anything special going on?
Old 09-07-2012, 07:05 PM   #207
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I finally got our plans pretty well laid out and this is the day we are doing the TSM dash in the morning. I will post more detailed plans of course, however looks like we will be headed separate ways. I am not sure we will even hit Epcot on this day...even though it is the anniversary. Have you heard of anything special going on?
Not yet, but don't forget that we are still waiting on the hours to come out. We could meet at Beaches and Cream for the Kitchen Sink.

Old 09-07-2012, 11:39 PM   #208
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Not yet, but don't forget that we are still waiting on the hours to come out. We could meet at Beaches and Cream for the Kitchen Sink.
Ha ha... you know why you are funny. Yes... my first thought is but only for a second. Then I remember you told me I could have my own bowl to use.
Old 09-08-2012, 08:13 AM   #209
lovethattink
DIS Veteran

Looks like your days are coming together nicely! We are thinking of doing MNSSHP this year. We haven't gone to one since 2004 or 2005. Which date are you going?
lovethattink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 09:36 AM   #210
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethattink View Post
Looks like your days are coming together nicely! We are thinking of doing MNSSHP this year. We haven't gone to one since 2004 or 2005. Which date are you going?
We are doing 9/30

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: