Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Pre-Trip Reports and Plans
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2012, 12:51 AM   #151
dizneeat
DIS Veteran

You stick to your full day schedule, Ann!
But it is going to be lots of fun. I cannot wait to see Zoe transformed at the BBB again. She looked so cute last time.

Ann, I'll try to catch up while I am gone, but not sure if we will have "decent" internet everywhere while we travel. So please forgive me if I cannot post while I am gone (even thow I WILL try!)
TR Summer 2014: We're out of it! A MAGICal Med adventure TR 2013: Get off the ship .....
Visit my other TRs/dining reviews here:

dizneeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 05:50 AM   #152
Stringbean&Wingnut
DIS Veteran

What is the new courtyard package, I haven't heard of that one yet! We really liked Akershus, that sounds like a great choice for the princess! And Teppan Edo is a lot of fun!
Stringbean&Wingnut is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2012, 12:30 PM   #153
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizneeat View Post
You stick to your full day schedule, Ann!
But it is going to be lots of fun. I cannot wait to see Zoe transformed at the BBB again. She looked so cute last time.

Ann, I'll try to catch up while I am gone, but not sure if we will have "decent" internet everywhere while we travel. So please forgive me if I cannot post while I am gone (even thow I WILL try!)

I completely understand, Karin. I am not sure how I would ever stay caught up or get caught up if I were taking a long vacay like you are going to be doing!! Just have fun!!!

As for Zoe... I had her looking at dresses online today. Saw a cute one that had a removable outer jacket (she hates her arms getting "scratchy") Well, what did she say about it? "I think it would look better with a jean jacket" Seriously? Is that what a princess thinks? I think we might be diverging into tom boy territory. Oh well, it will be fine I was after all... a HUGE tom boy.. There was not a tree within miles of our house I didn't try and climb.

Still, isn't this dress cute? Sorry the pics are so small...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringbean&Wingnut View Post
What is the new courtyard package, I haven't heard of that one yet! We really liked Akershus, that sounds like a great choice for the princess! And Teppan Edo is a lot of fun!
This is the description on Disney.com
Quote:
Courtyard Package includes exclusive Courtyard hairstyling, shimmering makeup, nail polish, face gem, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique t-shirt, trendy tutu, princess sash and princess cinch bag
Not sure we want the tutu though. The hair style is more what we are curious about.

There is a review on dis of it with pictures here
annmarieda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 12:34 PM   #154
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandaw View Post
Sounds like a fun day! BBB in the MK should be loads of fun! So magical for your little princess. And then that's fun to follow it up with a Princess lunch. I've heard so many good things about Akershus.

And dinner at Tepan Edo should be fun. We've only eaten there once just because we eat hibachi often where we live.

And I think that's a great idea to not run yourself ragged in the days leading up to the race.

I am going to have a hard time not running all over. Kira tends to not be completely sympathetic.. and I tend to have a hard time not pushing and not saying no. I anticipate a lot of "just stay and do..." from her. I need to put on my resolve face now... and get it in my head I HAVE to not push too hard.

BBB was super fun last trip. I am just not sure Zoe is into now. She keeps acting like she would rather not. Which...it totally find by me... but once we decide one way or the other... thats it. And as of right now... she has an appointment. So unless she decides pretty quick she doesn't want to..then it will be "officially" on the plan.
Old 08-10-2012, 02:17 PM   #155
KatMark
DIS Veteran

for getting you all on the same flight.

I think your first day plans sound great...I hope you make rope drop (I do love that show).
Old 08-10-2012, 08:41 PM   #156
oceanwave
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by annmarieda View Post
I am glad we are all on the same flight if for no other reason that it is just nice to have one more adult with me. December went fine.. but what if I felt sick..had to run to the closet that is suppose to be a restroom? Leave Zoe in her seat? But really...all of us getting in at the same time... and an hour earlier.. it awesome!

Taking the boat to DTD is one of my favorite things to do and so the POR/POFQ are high on my favorite places to stay because of it.

You switched to POFQ!! Cool. So... and external corner room is only different in that it is in a corner of the building and will have 2 windows instead of one. I believe they are the same size as the other rooms... but also will have one less neighbor. Does that make sense?
Yes, totally understand the travelling with another adult. Just makes life easier!

Ah, understand now about the difference in rooms. Thanks for explaining!

Day 2 looks good!

I've seen beneits mentioned frequently. Will have to go and check them out, they look interesting!

Zoe is doing BBB again Loved her pictures from December. Looking forward to seeing her this time around. Hopefully she will be into the Princesses still when you are there.

Ah yes you will have to take it easy before the race, and a night time race too! I'm usually half asleep by 8pm How has the training been going?

September 2012 - POFQ
September 2011 - Coronado Springs

Sep/Oct PTR
oceanwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:50 AM   #157
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Love the first day plans! We did the BBB with Madison on our last trip and she enjoyed it (she went when she was 3 too). We've never done the big package, just hair and makeup. On our last trip, she was wearing her custom Jasmine costume (my mom made it) and she got so much attention! The Fairy Godmothers in Training took notice and she got to sit in the front window booth at World of Disney for her transformation!!! Such a special moment for her.

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Dancegrl624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:48 AM   #158
lilpixiebabe101
DIS Veteran

Location: Lousiana- 14 hours away from my happiest place on earth!!!

Like your first day. I think taking it easy before the race is a good idea. Love her dress... at least of what I can see of it so little

And new Bibbity Bobbity boutique new packages... hmm I might have to go check those out.
lilpixiebabe101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:00 PM   #159
oboedm
DIS Veteran

Good point, Ann. You don't want to start off as a zombie! =) My first two trips I pushed myself a bit too hard and ended up unwell and super tired by the end. This last trip, after my complete meltdown in Epcot, I switched gears and still had energy by the end! A much better trip, for sure!
oboedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #160
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatMark View Post
for getting you all on the same flight.

I think your first day plans sound great...I hope you make rope drop (I do love that show).
I think I missed rd in MK entirely on our last trip. I too love that show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanwave View Post
Yes, totally understand the travelling with another adult. Just makes life easier!

Ah, understand now about the difference in rooms. Thanks for explaining!

Day 2 looks good!

I've seen beneits mentioned frequently. Will have to go and check them out, they look interesting!

Zoe is doing BBB again Loved her pictures from December. Looking forward to seeing her this time around. Hopefully she will be into the Princesses still when you are there.

Ah yes you will have to take it easy before the race, and a night time race too! I'm usually half asleep by 8pm How has the training been going?
You should definitely try a beignets.

As for the training... I wish I could say it was going better. I think I may have seriously injured myself. I am trying to push through... but it is hard for me to walk at all right now... I managed to run my 5 miles that I planned for today... but after I finished... I started hurting so so bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancegrl624 View Post
Love the first day plans! We did the BBB with Madison on our last trip and she enjoyed it (she went when she was 3 too). We've never done the big package, just hair and makeup. On our last trip, she was wearing her custom Jasmine costume (my mom made it) and she got so much attention! The Fairy Godmothers in Training took notice and she got to sit in the front window booth at World of Disney for her transformation!!! Such a special moment for her.
BBB is such a special thing. I hope it is a second time around. Zoe just seems a little less interested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilpixiebabe101 View Post
Like your first day. I think taking it easy before the race is a good idea. Love her dress... at least of what I can see of it so little

And new Bibbity Bobbity boutique new packages... hmm I might have to go check those out.
I didn't get that dress for her. I need to figure out A dress for BBB... and a costume for MNSSHP..

Quote:
Originally Posted by oboedm View Post
Good point, Ann. You don't want to start off as a zombie! =) My first two trips I pushed myself a bit too hard and ended up unwell and super tired by the end. This last trip, after my complete meltdown in Epcot, I switched gears and still had energy by the end! A much better trip, for sure!
With how I am feeling after today's run... I am thinking I will definitely need to take it easy. I am not sure how I am going to make it 10 miles.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #161
MEK
DIS Veteran

How interesting that you will be training Zach's GF. I love the mud pictures. There is a mud run held in September right near my house. I have always wanted to do one. It looks...well.....so messy! At least I wouldn't have to travel far for a shower.

More great plans. Is Zoe going to visit BBB this trip?

The Empty Nester's Magical Mystery Tour I Told You Driving Was Bad for Your Health

Sorry Gaston, They are MUCH More Interesting than You!
Will You Chill Out if I Sprinkle You With Pixie Dust?

Remembering 9/11:MEK Original
Why Not Just Queue Up Another Disney Trip?
How Do You Think We Stay So Happy?
Inching My Way Closer to the Castle Sept 10 TR
Wheeling & Dealing at the WL May '10 TR
Play'in It at Pop Sept 09 Anniversary Trip
JUNE 09 TR...KICK'N IT AT KIDANI DH & I do Disney Solo! DEC 2008 June 2008 tripreport
My Trips 2002-Offsite 2003-POR 2004-Royal Pacific/Daytona Bch 2005-CBR 2006-Pop, SSR 2007-ASM 2008-Pop, Vero Bch/SSR, POFQ/SSR 2009-Kidani/CSR, Pop 2010- VWL, BLT 2011-POR/BCV, Disney's HHI Resort, OKW2012-Treehouse villa/BWV, VWL/BWV 2013-HHI, Secret off site location;BWV/AKL 2014- Tampa, ASSp/BCV, OKW
MEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2012, 12:42 PM   #162
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEK View Post
How interesting that you will be training Zach's GF. I love the mud pictures. There is a mud run held in September right near my house. I have always wanted to do one. It looks...well.....so messy! At least I wouldn't have to travel far for a shower.

More great plans. Is Zoe going to visit BBB this trip?
Yes, we went to work yesterday and it was fine. She is very bright, just like I suspected and picked up everything very quickly. I am feeling good that she will not take long to learn everything.

The mud run was fun for them. Kim (Zach's GF) has suggested that I do some sort of Hell run with them. It involves a ring of fire. I dont' think so... not for me. I will stick to the average runs..

Speaking of which... did my first 10k race yesterday. I am pretty sure i have peroneal tendonitis... but I still managed to finish the race. I am actually looking forward to doing more races... and not just disney one. First though, my ankle has to heal all the way. My time wasn't horrible..especially for a first race... but without the injury I am sure it could have/would have been better.
Old 08-19-2012, 04:23 PM   #163
annmarieda
DIS Veteran

Day 3 - Thursday, 9/27

As our trip is nearing, I am learning how with so many "sub groups" within our travel party, it may be that "my" plans may not be what are the plans of others. For the next day, it is very likely or possible that Kira and Amanda will not be with Zoe and I.

With that said....

Day 3 - Thursday, 9/27

Dinning with Alice and the Mad Hatter for breakfast will be first on our to do list.

My ADR is for 8:05 am. I do plan to pay oop for this. This is strike number one for Kira. Amanda loves Alice in Wonderland though, so she would really like to do this. However, our next destination is DHS. What does one do when they are going to spend the morning in DHS? Well, yes... TSM. (strike number 2) Kira would like to make it to DHS early in order to do the run to TSM. So while it isn't a must for me (we do have another morning in DHS) It may mean that Kira and Amanda do not go with us to breakfast.

Does anyone know how the cancelation policy works? If 2 of the 4 show up, I won't be charge the no show for the 2, right?

So as I said, next we will head to DHS. Things I hope to do will involve less lines and more sitting. Probably shows.

BATB - a favorite of mine and a must do each trip

Indiana Jones - would be fun to see with Amanda since she has never been and I love to see people experience this show for the first time

LMA - I have yet to see this with the addtion of Lighting Mcqueen.

Now, I am not sure what the girls will plan if they do not eat breakfast with us. However, a large buffet breakfast will probably tide us over until our Lunch/Dinner ADR. However, I would still love to get a smoothie from KRNR. However, I no longer see it on Disney's website. Is it now closed?

After we have done the shows and had a snack, I am going to have to make it a priority to do something I have missed each trip to WDW. (I did enjoy something similar at DCA in July though) That would be the Magic of Disney Animation.

About this time, I am sure we will need to meet up (if we are not together) to make it to our ADR.

Honestly, this is not my favorite place to eat in all WDW. However, it is the best to dine at to do the Fantasmic dp. We will have a late lunch/early dinner at 3:50pm. Originally, I had planned a lunch at SR but Kira felt it would be way too much food between breakfast... then lunch a few hours later.... and then dinner a few hours later. I think we are either going to be starving by the ADR or stuffed. I guess we will go with starving.

After dinner, I hope we stick together. We will need to be in line for Fantasmic at about 7pm, so I don't see us having a long time in between our meal and that. (for what ever reason, it always takes several hours to eat at Mama Melrose.)

The park is only open until 8pm (which is when fantasmic is) and so after the show, we will leave the park.

This might be a good night to go to DTD or just to hang out at the hotel. Where ever we go, I think we may split a couple cs credits to have a late night meal.

Either at WGPE or

After this we will likely go to the room to relax and or sleep.

Last edited by annmarieda; 08-21-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:07 PM   #164
amandaw
DIS Veteran

Sounds like great plans for that Friday! The breakfast at 1900 PF looks like so much fun. Part of me really wishes I would have booked that for us one morning. I love Alice in Wonderland....it's one of my favorite books & movies.

I think your DHS plans sound great.....not too hectic! That will be really good with the race being the next night. We'll just be arriving this day!
amandaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 10:54 PM   #165
tankgirl427
DIS Veteran

I believe that's Thursdays plan since I arrive on Friday and Ann and I have plans to go to the expo.

"You held me down, but I got up, Get ready cause Iíve had enough."

PHM 2015-In Pursuit of Cupcakes While Running in Glass Slippers

Pre 2006 doesn't count, 2006: Dolphin, 2006: 16 hours of MK & EP, 2009: DL, 2010: PC with DDP, 2011: Off-site with friends & PC, 2012: AKL & BLT, POFQ, 2013: POP, POP, DL, POP
tankgirl427 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: