Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney World Tips
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2012, 05:30 PM   #1
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

DDP/Mugs/Drinks- Is there a method?

Okay, so let me see if I can put into words the thoughts that are going on in my head. LOL

If I am eating b-fast at our resort and have the DP I am entitled to a drink with my meal, correct? Plus I still have my re-fillable mug?

Say you go for lunch, really I would just fill up the mug with something to drink, but wouldn't we still be able to get a drink with the purchase of the meal? WOuld it almost make sense to buy milk and save it for the next morning? Does the milk come in little cartons? Sorry this is my first time using the DP, Free Mug or eating at the resorts.

Any tips for making the most out of this???
Jillianv29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
tinkalicious
Mouseketeer

Yep! We usually get a bottle of water for later.
Register to remove

Old 06-01-2012, 06:21 PM   #3
jeaniebell77
Earning My Ears

Yes, we usually stock up on water to carry with us throughout the day and use the mugs for the beverage with the meal.
jeaniebell77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
grafxgirl
DIS Veteran

We usually fill our refillable mugs up with coffee at our resort, then choose bottled waters as our DDP choice and save them for later in the day.

grafxgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:41 PM   #5
canopynut66
DIS Veteran

we take the milk and put in fridge for later or V8 or juice for later. then refill our mugs for our meal

Last edited by canopynut66; 06-01-2012 at 08:43 PM. Reason: change
canopynut66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
cm8
Half of the time we're rushing around to get things done last minute or we realize we're running behind so we need to catch up

Quote:
Originally Posted by grafxgirl View Post
We usually fill our refillable mugs up with coffee at our resort, then choose bottled waters as our DDP choice and save them for later in the day.

"I have placed the Lord ever before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." Psalm 16:8

cm8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 10:30 PM   #7
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

Anyone want to take bets on how long it'll take for them to eliminate drinks as part of the combo meals because they have the mugs on all the plans now?
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #8
Blackbeltdisneygirl
Disney obsessed and proud of it!!!

We do the water method. We like to take the water bottles in the park, that way we don't have to use our snack credits for water since I only drink bottled water. So, we use our mugs for our meals and take water since that is included in the credit.

2010: POR 7 days, 2011 split stay: POR 4 days CSR 7 days, 2012: CBR 12 days, 2013: POR 9 days, 2014: 12-14 days AoA???
Blackbeltdisneygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 07:36 AM   #9
Jillianv29
Mouseketeer

Thanks so much everyone. I guess I wasnt sure what was included with the meal (if it was only the fountain type drinks)

Jillianv29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:16 PM   #10
DanceDrawDream
Mouseketeer

I was wondering the same exact thing about having a mug and also getting a drink included in the dining plan.. glad to know the answer now! :]
DanceDrawDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:02 AM   #11
consumermonkey
Mouseketeer

Until they change the refill mugs to cover whole of resort, they will still include drink with meals. Think how much they would save on paper cups and straws.

Oh no, maybe this is on its way after all!
consumermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:00 PM   #12
Mom2six
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by consumermonkey View Post
Until they change the refill mugs to cover whole of resort, they will still include drink with meals. Think how much they would save on paper cups and straws.

Oh no, maybe this is on its way after all!
Not everyone eats there meals at the resort - you would have to be able to use your refillable mug at the parks. It would be harder for them to supervise it there too. But maybe they should go to using the refillable mugs as your beverage choice and let you have fountain drinks free in the parks. They'd save on ice water cups too.
Mom2six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:51 PM   #13
consumermonkey
Mouseketeer

Sorry, my mistake. I took resort to mean whole of WDW, not just the individual hotel areas. Yep, could save more than turning off the AC in places. Mind you, where would you store th cup while riding some of the more extreem rides?
consumermonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:01 PM   #14
LockShockBarrel
Pudge controls the weather.

I was implying that the combo meal just won't include a drink. It'd have your entree and dessert and you'd have to buy a drink seperately unless you had the mug. Someone eventually will say "oh we're losing money when people get 2 drinks" and they'll eliminate it. I really think it's just a matter of time.
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade...but without water and sugar your lemonade is gonna suck.Shut up Brain or I'll poke you with a Qtip!Legally, it's questionable. Morally, disgusting. Personally, I like it!The way to a man's heart is through his stomach. Stab in and thrust upward.

Trip Report Jan 2011: Viva Verde! http://http://www.disboards.com/show...0#post39571060
TRIP REPORT SEPT 2012How do I Flush This? Squared!http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2993886

Feb 2007 Pop Century, Oct 2008 Pop Century, Jan 2011 Old Key West, Sept 12 Pop Century
LockShockBarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 10:25 PM   #15
Stan Solo
I don't know what to put here. Tag fairies can you help me?

We've never had the resort mugs before but in the past we would get a bite to eat at our resort then head strait to the bus and make it the parks for rope drop. If we take our mugs with us for breakfast then we would have to go back to our room and drop them off or drag them around with all day. It hardly seams worth it.

I'm tempted to write our names and room numbers on the bottom and hand them into lost and found on our way to the bus stop then pick them up at the end of the day.

Uh...had a slight weapons malfunction. But, uh, everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here...now...thank you. How are you? *wince*
Stan Solo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dining plan, food, milk, refillable mugs, resorts

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: