Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-24-2012, 10:43 AM   #46
Mickeyfan333
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaIL View Post
We're going June 3 through June 13!! I booked Art of Animation Suites - Nemo.
Thinking about changing resorts the last few days to the Polynesian to surprise my family, but not sure about that yet.

It'll be our first time going in June, so I'm a little nervous about the heat. We'll just do early mornings and evenings and see what happens! I'm so excited!!
Our first time for June too! I have been nervous about crowds and heat but my plan is the same as yours, rope drop and evening EMH! It will be fun to actually enjoy swimming and a waterpark. Never stayed at Poly, hope it works out for you, resort looks beautiful!
Mickeyfan333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 12:21 PM   #47
jce2
Mouseketeer

Me !! June 1-11 at SoG. last time we were there my kids were 9 and 7. They will be 21 and 19 this time. Daughter's super excited and making us an entire wardrobe of crafted t-shirts. Too cool! We will be celebrating our 25th Anniversary there. where can I find a good Disney jewelry shop? Downtown Disney?

WDW 1990, 1996, 1998, 2000, 2013
DL 1997, 1999
Next up? WDW in December 2014!!

jce2 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 07-24-2012, 03:47 PM   #48
disneyjunkie
I'VE GOT MY EYES ON YOU!!!

We're in ! June 28- July 9~ AOA family suite.
disneyjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #49
Rayvnn
WDW with two kids

I may be joining this group soon.

Leslie

Rayvnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:12 PM   #50
sydneysmom
ready to go back to Disney..... NOW!

count us in for June 1-8 !! We haven't booked yet, but that's the week we're planning for..... we're undecided on our resort right now...which is why I haven't booked yet! We're between YC / BC / WL. I'm driving my DH nuts trying to decide!!!!!

does anyone else have this much trouble deciding ???

2010 : Grand Floridian and MNSSHP
2013 : Grand Floridian and DH's birthday!
2016 : First trip to Universal
sydneysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:57 PM   #51
jlhmom75
Earning My Ears

Hi. We just decided for sure we are going next June 8-15! Very excited. A friend is gifting us a week of her timeshare in the Orlando area for our wedding in a few weeks so we decided to use it for our first blended family vacation next June. It will be my fiance and step son's first trip to Florida and Disney.

My first trip was a 3-day run through the parks in 1997
My kids' first trip was March 2011
My husband and step son's first trip will be June 2013!

jlhmom75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #52
Tiggerlover91
DIS Veteran

Welcome new members! For those of you unsure about resorts or haven't booked because you haven't picked one, just let me know when you do and I'll change it!

Tiggerlover91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #53
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

We are going June 27- 30 staying at POFQ and June 30- July 4 on Dream.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:08 PM   #54
Mama Moose
Mouseketeer

We will be there June 7-15th. Not sure which resort, probably AoA LM for our 2 princesses!! We are hoping for a BB offer in Nov. Come on Mickey with a great BB!!

Mama Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #55
saraken2007
Earning My Ears

Honeymoon vacation June 2013

We have booked our Honeymoon and taking our son from June 4th through the 13th. 10days/9 nights. We are staying at pop century. We have been to disney in 2011 and 2010 both stayed at all star sports and all star music. We love disney and are hoping the longer stay will give us time to relax and have fun. Hoping for the Disney dining plan deal also. Hey does anyone know if they give deals for newlyweds.
saraken2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 11:30 PM   #56
danicaca
Mouseketeer

Not sure which group to join - our dates are May 28th - June 7th! I will go with June since most of our trip will be then! We have not booked, but are pretty sure we are staying at POR in the Royal Guest Rooms - with our 2 princess-obsessed DD's 8 and 5. I am already driving DH nuts with all of the Disney talk, and I have already started some crafty projects for our trip - never too early to start planning and organizing, right?
Danica

danicaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 02:13 PM   #57
daisynan
Earning My Ears

Talking

We are officially in! We are booked for POP Century June 11-14 with the Dining Plan. It is a short trip, but it is the first trip for my DS (4), DD (2), and my HUSBAND!!!! I am so giddy to be taking my whole family for their first trip to Disney World that I can hardly stand it!

This will be my fourth trip, but I have not been since I was about 11 or 12, so nearly 20 years later, I am finally returning to WDW! I don't know if I can wait the nearly 10 months!!!

June 2013 Pop Century Resort--our family's first trip
February 2014 off site--10th Anniversary trip for me and the Hubs (Epcot only)
daisynan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #58
The Fox Menagerie
Mouseketeer

We are booked at the Polynesian for 6/25/13-7/1/13! Yeah, WDW, here we come.

Apr 2014 Disneyland Hotel, Jun 2013 Polynesian Resort, Aug 2011 Disneyland Hotel, Dec 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Nov 2010 Paradise Pier Hotel, Aug 2010 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2010 Disneyland Hotel , Jun 2009 Grand Floridian Resort, Jun 2009 Bahamas Cruise Disney Wonder, Apr 2008 Disneyland Hotel, Apr 2007 Paradise Pier Hotel, Apr 2004 Disneyland Hotel, Oct 1999 Off Property Orlando, July 1995 Off Property Disneyland, June 1990 Off Property Disneyland
The Fox Menagerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 10:05 AM   #59
luvmy2babies
DIS Veteran

Havenít even finished my trip report from our last trip, but probably going to be joining this group as well. I had actually booked on DCL in July 2013, but as time went on, I started to waiver. We went to WDW for 9 nights this past June and it costs me less than this 4 night cruise was going to cost. So I talked to my daughter and we agreed. Sheís just 9, but I donít have a husband so she and I talk over these things. Plus, I want to start to mold her decision making so we talked about the costs and such. I show her how I budget for our lives and the trips we take. And she agreed if we could go to Disney for 10 days for less than a 4 night cruise, we should go to Disney instead. We do still want to go on the Mickey boat. I told her weíd save up after I pay off the mini-van so we could take a cruise for her fall break when it was cheaper.

So, Iím looking at the same dates as our last trip, June 21-30th. I can admit, booking this time has me a little nervous. I prepared us for the heat, and our first trip was during Thanksgiving week, so we know about crowds. What we got though was Tropical Storm Debby. Donít get me wrong. We rocked it and had a blast. I was so proud of my children, my daughter especially for not letting the storm get to them. The day she brought her worst, was actually our most magical day and since we survived that, rain at home doesnít bother us as much. Still, Iím hoping to spend the next trip with the rain gear tucked underneath the stroller most of the time. Ponchos are not meant to be worn constantly for days. We only experienced the real heat for a little of our trip the last time thanks to the storm. Once she blew out and the sun came out, it hit us the first day, and we ended up leaving the park we were in (AK) two hours earlier than we planned and running for the resort pool. But we adjusted quickly and did 10 hours in DHS the next day. Summer works for us because we can stay longer, pace ourselves, and not come home needing a vacation. Our touring style has us doing mostly early days, and either coming in for a break and returning or just touring until 3 and spending the afternoon/evening at the resort. We do like the night time entertainment at MK so the day after we stay for Wishes, we sleep in and go later.

I havenít booked yet, but probably will in the next couple of months. My first choice is AofA, the Little Mermaid room if it is allowed with the military discount. My 2nd choice is Pop Century. If neither of those is available, weíll head back to our old stomping ground, which is All-Star Movies.

I havenít decided on dining yet. We will probably at least have the QS plan. I donít want to have to worry about carrying the money to do all of our meals and snacks OOP. Iíve done the math and we would come out ahead, plus I like having as much as possible paid for ahead of time.

Last time we did the regular plan and had a boat load of character meals and a dinner at Ohana. It was our last trip with ds eating free at buffets so we went for it. We really enjoyed it, but I know we don't need that many this time. We may do the regular plan with a couple of character meals and try some other TS places we haven't been since my son will be 3.5. Or we may get the QSDP and just a couple of TS places.

I havenít decided about transportation yet. We have always flown. But I will make that decision in November when I believe Southwest will release their prices for June. That is when they were released last year. My children arenít much on long drives and since itís just 3 of us and Iím the only adult, Iíd have to stop overnight each way so driving may not save me much money. It would just be about having the van there. Weíve always been fine using Disney transportation though and we love DME. Iím also considering taking the train down. I priced it when I was considering going down for Christmas and it was $279 round trip for all three of us. The station is really close to WDW so it would just be a quick cab ride once we got there.

Iím looking forward to this, especially with all of the new stuff in Fantasy Land. My daughter is going to flip for the new Little Mermaid ride. I may book Pirate's League for my son since he'll be 3 and loves pirates. I put all of our Disney stuff in a box when we got back so I wonít need to do as much shopping this time. We have our personal fans, our lanyards, our park bags, first aid kits and I have some accessories left over from the ones dd didnít use for her BBB makeover. She wants to do that again. And since we have been through the process of booking ĺ of a year out already, Iím hoping the wait wonít be as hard.

June 2012: Going with the flow with Tropical Storm Debby TR (1st 5 days): http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2953583
June 2013: Our Disney World Road Trip TR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3137685
May 2014: Best trip yet. Working on the TR
luvmy2babies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 05:28 PM   #60
letthewookiewin
"That's 'cause droids don't pull people's arms out of their sockets when they lose. Wookiees are known to do that."-Han Solo
"I see your point, sir. I suggest a new strategy, R2: let the Wookiee win."-C-3PO

Thanks to our DS's high school wrestling schedule, we had to cancel our kidless January 2013 trip. We will now be joining y'all in June 2013. The dates will more than likely be 6/9 - 14, 2013. I'm not sure what resort we will stay at, but have narrowed it down to CSR, WL or CR /w TPV. We went around that time this June.

"We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." - Walt Disney
letthewookiewin is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: