Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Theme Parks Attractions and Strategies > Doing the Happy Dance!
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #16
kristenkoj
Earning My Ears

As of now we are planning to be at Pop Century from June 16th thru the 23rd. It may change as we get closer but for now we are thinking this is when. We went last year about the same time, so we are ready for the heat, and we love Disney!
DS
April 2004 Family trip with my entire family off property, Dec, 2005 Make a wish trip for DD Beach Club, June 2011 Pop Century
June 2013 Pop Century

kristenkoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:41 PM   #17
caa1277
American by birth............Grumpy by choice!

Does anybody know if Disney is booking for 2013 yet? I know on their website it says only up to Dec. 31, 2012.
DIS Dad's Club Member #122

Me DW DS(17) DD(13)

July 2007-Pop Century; June 2009-Pop Century; June 2011-Caribbean Beach; June 2013-POR
caa1277 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #18
gloria1016
Earning My Ears

I've booked and paid for our very first Disney cruise in June 2013. Can't decide whether we should go to Disney World before or after our cruise. Can't wait! We are going to DW this November, but I'm more excited about our cruise!
Old 06-27-2012, 09:39 AM   #19
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by caa1277 View Post
Does anybody know if Disney is booking for 2013 yet? I know on their website it says only up to Dec. 31, 2012.
You can't book through the website for 2013. But you can call Disney or use a Disney travel agent to book a room-only reservation for 2013. I don't think you can book packages at all yet. My Disney TA has all of the information she needs to book our trip but we're waiting until pricing is released (she thought it would be in about a month) to book so we don't have to do any price adjustments.
bluezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 10:50 AM   #20
musicalgirl2010
Earning My Ears

I'm hopping to take a trip to Disney with my mom and dad to celebrate my 21st Birthday in June 2013 hopefully the 23-29! I'm hoping to stay at the CR I know it's a deluxe resort but It's been 15 years since my last trip to Disney and I have never stayed on the grounds and it's a celebration!
Old 07-02-2012, 10:00 AM   #21
Tiggerlover91
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicalgirl2010 View Post
I'm hopping to take a trip to Disney with my mom and dad to celebrate my 21st Birthday in June 2013 hopefully the 23-29! I'm hoping to stay at the CR I know it's a deluxe resort but It's been 15 years since my last trip to Disney and I have never stayed on the grounds and it's a celebration!
Good luck on your trip!

My family has always stayed on resort, but always in a value resort, with the exception of when hubby was military and we stayed in SOG. This will be our first trip in a deluxe resort! It's my graduation present to myself!

Tiggerlover91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 05:44 PM   #22
Tiggerlover91
DIS Veteran

Tiggerlover91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 06:43 AM   #23
Hoosier37
DIS Veteran

I just booked my trip - we're going in June for 6 nights/7 days at AoA in a LM room. I booked online this morning, and had no problems doing so. I was worried the site would be swamped.

I booked park hoppers because we used them a lot last time and I think we will again. I did NOT book a dining plan because every time I price it out, we come out cheaper just paying out of pocket.

This is a surprise trip for the kids, so I'm bursting with excitement but can't say anything.

WDW Trips
POP Century, March 2011
Art of Animation Little Mermaid, June 2013
Hoping to return in June 2015

(me) (DH) (DS14) (DD11)
Hoosier37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 02:38 PM   #24
bluezy
DIS Veteran

My TA officially booked our reservation this morning. Finding Nemo suite at Art of Animation and 7-day park hoppers. Didn't add dining yet, but will probably add QSDP because we had it last time (for free) and it was so much nicer not having DH worry about how much people were spending on meals and snacks each day. We usually try to have a general daily food budget, but he always worries about it and will adjust *his* food choices to make sure we stay on budget. It was nice to see him just order what *he* wanted without worrying about how much the rest of the family had spent already. I think the price would be pretty much a wash for us, but it's nice to know it's paid for. And the idea of putting the same amount of money that the dining plan would cost us on a Disney Gift card and use that for meals instead wouldn't work for us because he'd *still* be worried about staying on budget and would try to spend less so we could use some of that gift card money for souvenirs. <sigh>

Keeping fingers crossed for discounts now.
Old 07-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #25
DISHUD
Mouseketeer

We will be at SSR June 6-11 and then 5 days in Clearwater!!!
DISHUD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:35 PM   #26
teedee
DIS Veteran

I was so happy we were able to book our 2013 trip today!! I can't wait to go back, it's been way too long. We'll be there June 10 - 16, staying in a family suite at the Art of Animation Resort. Over ten months to go, I hope it passes quickly

Terri!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:16 AM   #27
mamattorney
Earning My Ears

We are one step closer to booking our trip. We now have flights to Orlando on June 11, 2013! We are using miles, so we like to book as early as possible because it's hard to find 5 saver seats on the same flight. Our return flight is tentatively planned for June 17th, but the airlines haven't opened their books yet for those flights.

If all goes as planned, we will be staying at POR in the AB section with rooms for 5. We know a CM and will be using whatever discount she can get us for the resort She told me to tell her our dates right away, but she may not be able to book for us until around December. That's fine with me, I have confidence that everything will work out just fine.

We will definitely NOT be getting the dining plan. I don't even know if we can book it since we are using the CM discount, but it just doesn't make sense for us. We will have a 10 year old girl with us who will eats off the kids' menu everywhere she goes. Lots of times, we'll get an appetizer for the table and when we do, she often doesn't even finish the kids meal - I cannot see paying $53.00 a day for her to eat.

We are still trying to decide between regular, parkhopper and parkhopper with water park ticket options. We've never parkhopped before, but we've also never stayed on property before. We are still analyzing this situation from a money perspective.

All in all, we are very excited!
mamattorney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:05 AM   #28
Kitkat6595
Mouseketeer

We have been all over the board on when we would go. Finally, after looking at prices that came out this week and deciding against pulling my oldest out of school, we picked a date!! We will be going for our first trip with the kids (they will be 6 and 3 at the time of our trip) June 1-7th. Dates are still a little tentative until we book. We are still up in the air about resort but are leaning towards either POR or POFQ. So excited we were able to pin down the week we want to go though!!

Previous Trips
May 1987 - off-site
March 1996 - off-site
March 2003 - off-site
June 2013 - off-site, Windsor Hills
Kitkat6595 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 11:29 AM   #29
Mickeyfan333
Earning My Ears

June 2013

We are in for June 2013! Planning a few days on the gulf coast and then to WDW, June 18-22. Beach Club for the pool for breaks during the heat. Excited to stay there for the first time, have never been able to justify the cost with going off season. Have never been in summer but was there for Mother's day 2009 and the highs were records, 90-95 degrees! We were spent by 6pm. How about crowds in mid June? I know some schools are not out for summer break yet but want to be prepared. 340 days to go!!
Mickeyfan333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 12:22 PM   #30
bluezy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeyfan333 View Post
We are in for June 2013! Planning a few days on the gulf coast and then to WDW, June 18-22. Beach Club for the pool for breaks during the heat. Excited to stay there for the first time, have never been able to justify the cost with going off season. Have never been in summer but was there for Mother's day 2009 and the highs were records, 90-95 degrees! We were spent by 6pm. How about crowds in mid June? I know some schools are not out for summer break yet but want to be prepared. 340 days to go!!
Three of our last four trips to WDW have been in June -- always arriving on Father's Day (the other trip was in May) and we find the crowds and heat/humidity to be high but manageable with a little planning. It's certainly not as bad as being there during a holiday week. We've always done rope drop at the parks and gotten a ton of stuff done by noon. We spend the afternoons taking in shows (and spending more time in the a/c) and then head out of the park and back to the resort by early evening (6:00 or so) and call it a day. Or we head back to the hotel by 2:00 or so and go for a swim, have dinner, and then head back to the parks for the evening when it's cooler. I know some people absolutely refuse to go to Disney during the summer months, but that's all that really works for us at this point. I think with a little planning and accepting that it's going to be hot and there will be more people there than "off season", you can still have a very enjoyable trip.

Last edited by bluezy; 07-12-2012 at 12:27 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: