Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-13-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
Lisally3
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 24

rate my ADR plan....please?

My family of 4 were in WDW in Feb 2012 and had free dining. We also paid OOP for a few meals and had great experiences. Jan 2013 there will be 10 of us and they've left it up to me to plan everything including ADRs. So I went with a few from last year, but wanted to change it up a little as well. I knew not everyone would want to pay OOP for much so I included one extra meal to pay cash for and the rest are included...

Jan 18 - arrival, Epcot - CS for dinner
Jan 19 - HS/MK - CS for lunch, 5:00p 'Ohana (have not been here but wanted to try; read very mixed reviews)
Jan 20 - AK - CS for breakfast, 11:30 Tusker House (fit better in our schedule than CM and we did both last time), 6:15 HDDR
Jan 21 - Epcot/HS - CS for breakfast, 1:35 Mama Melrose Fantasmic, 8:30 Sci-Fi (did Prime Time last year, thought we'd try this one, paying OOP)
Jan 22 - MK - adding 8:35a Crystal Palace for breakfast for just my family of 4. DH wanted to go back here! CS for breakfast or early lunch, 4:00 CRT (we did this last year for lunch - only request my girls made was to eat here again and thought everyone would like experience)

Thanks in advance for your advice! No one else I know to go over this with and want everyone to enjoy it all!
__________________
ME: DH: DD (8): DD (8):

Feb 2012-Pop Century, 1st trip!




Last edited by Lisally3; 11-15-2012 at 09:47 AM.
Lisally3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:02 PM   #2
G719
Mouseketeer
 
G719's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Wild, Wonderful WV
Posts: 346

We loved Tusker House for breakfast because we had an 8:15 ADR and the park opened at 9. It was great getting into the park ahead of most of the people. Plus we ate enough that we barely needed any lunch. The food was good and the kids loved the characters. Just a thought. .
__________________
G719 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 11-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #3
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 12,334

I like your ADR plan. Well considered, a nice variety and it looks like the meals are well spaced out. The CRT reservation is a bit too early for us, but that's just personal preference. You may be looking for snacks before the end of the evening, though.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:41 AM   #4
Lisally3
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post
We loved Tusker House for breakfast because we had an 8:15 ADR and the park opened at 9. It was great getting into the park ahead of most of the people. Plus we ate enough that we barely needed any lunch. The food was good and the kids loved the characters. Just a thought. .
I know, I wanted to make early breakfast reservations, but I know not everyone in our group will make it up and out of the room on time. We did that with Crystal Palace and Rainforest Cafe last year and loved it! When it's just me and my little family, I'm like a drill sargeant getting everyone up and out and on the way, but I can't do that with everyone else LOL
__________________
ME: DH: DD (8): DD (8):

Feb 2012-Pop Century, 1st trip!



Lisally3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:50 AM   #5
Lisally3
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
I like your ADR plan. Well considered, a nice variety and it looks like the meals are well spaced out. The CRT reservation is a bit too early for us, but that's just personal preference. You may be looking for snacks before the end of the evening, though.
Thank you for looking it over! I appreciate the feedback! I think the CRT is early, too, but that's all they had available for our big party and it was pretty late when I made the reservation, too. I was happy to get us all in. I think we're going to go to DTD that night for our last night there, so I'm sure we can find some things to snack on!!

Thanks again! I wish it was time to go now. I'm so ready!
__________________
ME: DH: DD (8): DD (8):

Feb 2012-Pop Century, 1st trip!



Lisally3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 05:12 PM   #6
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)
 
minnie mum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: WAY too far north
Posts: 12,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisally3 View Post
I think we're going to go to DTD that night for our last night there, so I'm sure we can find some things to snack on!!

Thanks again! I wish it was time to go now. I'm so ready!
An evening at DTD? Oh goody!! Might want to take a look at stopping by Ghirardelli's. They've got (or had) a hot fudge brownie sundae that will positively knock your socks off (if you like chocolate).
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:27 AM   #7
Lisally3
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by minnie mum View Post
An evening at DTD? Oh goody!! Might want to take a look at stopping by Ghirardelli's. They've got (or had) a hot fudge brownie sundae that will positively knock your socks off (if you like chocolate).

There are no "ifs" about it, I LOVE chocolate and will be checking out that yummy brownie! Thanks for the tip!
__________________
ME: DH: DD (8): DD (8):

Feb 2012-Pop Century, 1st trip!



Lisally3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 09:55 AM   #8
MegN529
Mouseketeer
 
MegN529's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Stafford, VA
Posts: 98

We love Ohana. It's my DH's favorite. The service has always been great and the kids love the dancing! Especially perfect with a window seat with the fireworks in MK. Hoping you enjoy it too!
__________________
US DD(9) DS(7) DD(5) DS(1)

MegN529 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
Lisally3
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegN529 View Post
We love Ohana. It's my DH's favorite. The service has always been great and the kids love the dancing! Especially perfect with a window seat with the fireworks in MK. Hoping you enjoy it too!
Thank you! I hope so, too! I wanted to go our last visit but we focused on all the princess and character meals. I can't wait to check out the Polynesian, too!
__________________
ME: DH: DD (8): DD (8):

Feb 2012-Pop Century, 1st trip!



Lisally3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:38 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.