Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2012, 02:31 PM   #1
disdad70
Earning My Ears

Art of Animation bus system

If anyone is currently at Art of Animation: can you tell me if you are sharing a theme park bus with Pop Century, or do you have your own dedicated Art of Animation bus?
disdad70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:37 PM   #2
andyman8
DIS Veteran

Although many originally thought that AoA would share busses with Pop, it appears that it will have its own dedicated bus route.
Walt Disney World Resort: June 2014 (GF), March 2014 (Day-Trip), January 2014 (Pop[/COLOR], AoA, & Half-Marathon), November 2013 (YC & W&D Half-Marathon), October 2013 (GF), June 2013 (Polynesian), January 2013 (POR & Half-Marathon) December 2012 (Rosen Shingle Creek), July 2012 (GF), June 2011 (CR), March 2011 (Day-Trip), July 2004 (GF), April 2004 (FW), December 2003 (DoubleTree & MVMCP), October 2003 (DoubleTree & MNSSHP), August 2003 (DoubleTree), June 2003 (WL), February 2003 (Embassy Suites) January 2003 (DoubleTree), September 2002 (AKL), July 2002 (DoubleTree), March 2002 (DoubleTree), January 2002 (CR), November 2001 (DoubleTree), May 2001 (DoubleTree), February 2001 (DoubleTree), January 2001 (DoubleTree), April 2000 (DoubleTree), February 1998 (Quality Inn & Suites)

Universal Orlando Resort: October 2012 (RPR), September 2011 (HRH), July 2010 (RPR), March 2010 (RPR), February 2010 (Day-Trip), September 2009 (HRH), January 2008 (HRH), June 2006 (PBH)

Disneyland Resort: August 2012 (Day-Trip), August 2009 (Day-Trip)

Upcoming: Disneyland July 2014 (GCH), Walt Disney World October 2013 (Dolphin & ToT 10-Miler)

Member of the PeopleMover Appreciation Society, Official MyMagic+ Info & FAQ Thread, and Printable Theme Park Maps
andyman8 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2012, 02:44 PM   #3
DisneyJonesGirl
Disney Jones Girl

B U M P I N G ! . . .i'd like to know as well!
DisneyJonesGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
KELLY
DIS Veteran

THE WALL IS DOWN!!!!After nine years!!!!

It came down very early this AM.The merch shop and Food Court opened at 6:00 AM,but the line for the Limited Edition AoA Pins began forming about 4:30 AM!

I spent all morning touring AoA and WOW-it is amazing!!!!

Besides all of the obvious "big" things(The Big Blue,etc.),I was struck by all the "litttle" things AoA has that the All-Star Resort and Pop Century-The Classic Years does not have.

Some of the things I noticed were:

Landscapes of Flavors has real plates and silverware!

There is a small "internet cafe" with two stations where Guests can purchase time on the internet and a third desk where Guests can check-in for their departing flight and print boarding passes.

There is also a huge "flight monitor" with real-time flight status for all flights from OIA.

The Pool Bar(The Drop Off) is huge AND has a refillable mug station!

The Resort airline check-in station is a dedicated room inside the main building on the "back side" with its own entrance/exit.

The bathrooms have automated towel dispensers.

The bus stops are "covered"

There will be an Animator in the Lobby 5 days a week doing drwaings on a "monitor" for Guests to watch.

Those are just some things I am remembering right now.

Also,EVERYONE at AoA is saying that Pop Century and AoA will not share buses anytime,anywhere,anyway.The AoA buses do drive around Hourglass Lake and exit through Pop Century.

The only Pool that is "gated" is The Big Blue.The other 5 Pools of POP/AoA appear that they will only be on the "honor system".

Guests ARE being allowed to use their Mugs at either Food Court at this time.I was told that eventually all Resorts will be using the All-Star Sports system and then Guests will,of course,have to buy one at each Food Court if they want to access the beverage islands at each Resort with unlimited refills.

The Cast was awesome Today-you could not walk 2 feet without someone saying Hello or Welcome.

Finally,the coolest thing was that instead of saying "Have a Magical Day",they were saying "Have a COLORFUL day"!

I copied this form WEDWDW they posted this in the wall came down thread earlier today. I hope he or she don't mind.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #5
DisneyRunner2009
DIS Veteran

Someone posted on the AoA thread that the bus stop at DHS is number 13.
http://twitpic.com/photos/Exprcoofto Here is his photo link.
6/83 offsite, 6/05 POP, 6/06 POP, 8/07 POR, 8/08 CSR/POFQ, 3/09 ASMu PHM, 8/09 ASMu Free DDP, 8/10 POR/ASMu Free DDP, 8/11 POP Free QSDP, 7/12 POR, 9/12 ASMu TOT10Miler, 11/12 POR/ASSp, 8/13 ASSp/POFQ, 9/13 POP, 8/14 CSR, Hoping 2/2015 POFQ/POR

DisneyRunner2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:17 PM   #6
disdad70
Earning My Ears

@Kelly..thanks for all of the great details, much appreciated.

@DisneyRunner.. thanks for sharing the link
disdad70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:33 PM   #7
dialane
Mouseketeer

Question: Connecting Suites?

Can anyone tell me if the Finding Nemo suites have the option of connecting to another suite? Or, are they each stand alone? Thanks for any info!
dialane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #8
KELLY
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disdad70 View Post
@Kelly..thanks for all of the great details, much appreciated.

@DisneyRunner.. thanks for sharing the link
Thank but I only copied what WEDWDW wrote earlier.

Many Trips the past 7 years at pop with free dining!
Me , DH , DD 9 and DD 6
KELLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 06:45 PM   #9
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Thanks!! I did the CM preview last week and was blown away!! That's interesting about the mugs because I was at Sports with a friend checking in and brought my mug. As soon as I entered the food court area, I realized about the different mugs and then noticed they were the same 3 standard colors as the other resorts and was able to use the mug refill station at Sports. It will be interesting to see what comes of it!!!
Old 05-31-2012, 06:49 PM   #10
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Just to verify the bus thing. We exited Epcot after Illuminations last Saturday night and headed for the normal stop #12 that has always been Pop Century's bus. We were walking down there and then I saw it is now All Star Music. We had no freaking clue where we were going but asked a very friendly Cast Member. He directed us to the new Pop Century spot (actually a bit better) and said they had to redo things for the new Art of Animation bus stop. So no, Art of Animation and Pop Century are NOT sharing buses.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:25 PM   #11
cavepig
DIS Veteran

Quote:
disnut8 Just to verify the bus thing. We exited Epcot after Illuminations last Saturday night and headed for the normal stop #12 that has always been Pop Century's bus. We were walking down there and then I saw it is now All Star Music. We had no freaking clue where we were going but asked a very friendly Cast Member. He directed us to the new Pop Century spot (actually a bit better) and said they had to redo things for the new Art of Animation bus stop. So no, Art of Animation and Pop Century are NOT sharing buses.
Yesterday 10:45 PM
We did that too last week, started down the old route for POP bus at EPCOT only to realize it moved. It looked as if AOA is probably the one before POP at all the parks, but definitly different stops.

Resorts: Fort Wilderness Cabins, Fort Wilderness Campsite, Port Orleans Riverside (aka Dixie Landings), All-Star Movies, POP Century, Art of Animation - Little Mermaid.
Run Disney: Expedition Everest Challenge May 2014

cavepig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:05 AM   #12
disnut8
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavepig View Post
We did that too last week, started down the old route for POP bus at EPCOT only to realize it moved. It looked as if AOA is probably the one before POP at all the parks, but definitly different stops.
We had a big laugh as the Cast Member who directed us to the correct stop said "well, at least I know you are regulars!" since we didn't even look at the sign for which stop to use.
disnut8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:43 PM   #13
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

We are first timers at Disney, and I had a lot of questions about the buses. I am glad AoA is not sharing a bus with another resort. .

Last edited by sixkristy6; 06-03-2012 at 10:14 PM.
sixkristy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #14
SyracuseWolvrine
Hockey Fanatic
Is he a bigger hockey fan than a Canadian?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dialane View Post
Can anyone tell me if the Finding Nemo suites have the option of connecting to another suite? Or, are they each stand alone? Thanks for any info!
All the suites are stand-alone. No connecting doors.
The opinions and comments in the above post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, policies or procedures of the Walt Disney Company or any of its subsidiaries or affiliates, including but not limited to the Walt Disney World Resort and all areas contained therein. Any information or advice in the above post is subject to change at any time without notice. Tampering with, disabling, or destroying lavatory smoke detectors is prohibited. This post may contain nuts or be written by someone who is nuts. Void where prohibited. This post may not be reproduced without express written permission of the Commissioner of Baseball. The moving rubber line is moving at the same speed as you. Member FDIC.
SyracuseWolvrine is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: