Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > Other Lands > Australia
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-02-2012, 08:08 PM   #31
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocobean View Post
Yep! Not one of the really big ones, but one that was big enough for it to come boxed. It was very well protected by the styrofoam and made it back with no problems. I’ve also brought back a few of the small snowglobes wrapped only in tissue paper in checked luggage without a problem, as well as a Gallery of Light and the Main Street Electrical Parade miniatures- they survived SNA-LAS, LAS-HNL, HNL-SYD, SYD-MEL with no damage. Boxed Disney collectables tend to be very well packaged, so as long as you pack them with care I wouldn’t worry too much about it.
Ahhh thank you for alleviating my fears! I figured they'd be well protected in the boxes because my Jim Shore figures came well packed in styrofoam. We only need to get from LAX to SYD

If I get really paranoid I'll go off to a craft store and buy bubble wrap ect for anything that I don't think is well protected. I'd love to check out that Michael's craft store that seem to be better then Spotlight when you read some posts on this board!
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:29 PM   #32
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

I have a list a mile long but at the very tip top are some Of the cutest sunglasses that I have seen in a while. They are just the brown glass and frame with a gold Mickey on the side. A friend of mine got them at Disney during Spring break and I must have a pair! She said she found them in the shop across from Space Mountain.

I love the beach towels

Love the kitchen things, from cups, towels, dishes, cookie cutters, you name it.

Love Christmas ornaments

Love sterling silver jewerly

Antenna balls

Clothes

Y'all are making me want to shop!
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-02-2012, 09:55 PM   #33
kylieh
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by frangipanisam View Post
Has anyone else brought home a snowglobe in checked luggage before, how did it go
DD has brought a few home in checked luggage without any probs. Just pack really well, then in a ziplock bag just in case it does break, then in a hotel towel (ah-hum) for extra protection, just in case. It's her bedside table that they don't survive on.
Old 06-02-2012, 09:58 PM   #34
becpee
I see sock puppets

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylieh View Post
DD has brought a few home in checked luggage without any probs. Just pack really well, then in a ziplock bag just in case it does break, then in a hotel towel (ah-hum) for extra protection, just in case. It's her bedside table that they don't survive on.
Good to know
I have orders to get a snowglobe for a friend, heck I might get one for myself!
Pretty sure i'm going to need an extra suitcase or pack super light going over...

Sept 2001 DL, Oct 2009 DL PPH, Sept 2012 DCL Western Caribbean, WDW Coronado Springs, Oct 2012 DL Fairfield Inn

Sept 2014 DCL Eastern Caribbean, WDW BWV, DL

becpee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 11:33 PM   #35
frangipanisam
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylieh View Post
Haha good to know I might just have to buy a Disney towel then to wrap it up in Fears are almost gone now

I'm planning on one big one along the lines of this one: http://www.disneystore.com/snowglobe...92412/1000345/

And I'm in love with this one: http://www.disneystore.com/snowglobe...05686/1000345/ Plus any other Precious Moments Disney Snowglobes I find

Quote:
Originally Posted by becpee View Post
Good to know
I have orders to get a snowglobe for a friend, heck I might get one for myself!
Pretty sure i'm going to need an extra suitcase or pack super light going over...
I've budgeted to buy a third suitcase over there and to pay the extra to have it on the flight home I figure $100 US (with Virgin Australia) for a third bag plus $40ish US for a suitcase (from Walmat or Target) is a bargin to have 23kg extra coming home! As it is I'm planning on packing my smaller suitcase and packing it inside my larger one, so I'l have two empty suitcases to fill with my souvienirs
frangipanisam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:19 AM   #36
australiankaren
I do love me my free H20...thank you Mickey.....DVC member BLT & VB....I HATE #MYDISNEYEXPERIENCE

I have to admit disney do pack their breakables well....so maybe a snow globe might be on my list this year as well..........
australiankaren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 12:43 AM   #37
jacs1234
DIS Veteran

Ds wants a club penguin lanyard. Dunno if there is such a thing
I want a charm for my pandora
Pins from each attraction
An iPad case
A bottle of magicale
More Disney cutlery, we bought one set but I want another
A soft Disney throw, we have three so one kid always misses out during snugly movie time
A minnie apron.

It's also a tradition to buy the Mickey ginger bread kit. It tastes and smells like Disneyland

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: