Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Just for Fun > Community Board
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 07:28 PM   #31
Glynis
Taking applications for a WDW tour guide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deb in IA View Post
Newly released extended 4 1/2 minute video "first look" at the movie!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-uw5TehnZA

SO EXCITED!!!
It looks amazing!!

I am SO glad Tom Hooper went with the live singing. He, the actors, and Cameron Mackintosh explain the difference, and I think it will make a huge impact in the movie.

So many times I've gone to film versions of muscials and been disappointed, because they always felt "flat", when compared to the stage version. I think the way they did this will change all of that.

And the fact that they used ACTORS who can sing, rather than SINGERS who try to act.
Amazing "trailer"! I can't wait to see this movie over and over in the theater! This is truly groundbreaking!

2014 Reading Challenge Goal: 70 books

The Art of Racing in the Rain ~ The House of Hades ~ How To Be Like Walt ~ Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows ~ The Seven Mouths of God ~ Behind the Beautiful Forevers ~ The Mysterious Affair at Styles ~ The Big 5-Oh ~ A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare ~ Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children ~ Wait Till Next Year ~ While We Were Watching Downton Abbey ~ Great Expectations ~ The Maze Runner ~ The Fault In Our Stars ~ The Juliet Club ~ The Girls' Guide to Love and Supper Clubs ~ The Power of One ~ The Supremes at Earl's All-You-Can-Eat ~ Hollow City ~ The Fountainhead ~ Cat's Cradle ~ Speaking From Among The Bones ~ Death Comes to Pemberley ~ Quilt or Innocence ~ The Chocolate Thief ~ On Strike for Christmas ~ Bikini Season ~ Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker ~ Miss Dreamsville and the Collier County Women's Literary Society ~ Cinnamon Roll Murder ~ Red Velvet Cupcake Murder ~ Blackberry Pie Murder ~ Home To Holly Springs ~ In The Company of Others ~ The Devil in the White City ~ Gathering Blue ~ Messenger ~ The Bell Jar ~ The Boys in the Boat ~ The Dead in Their Vaulted Arches ~ Son ~ Beach Colors ~ Welcome to Last Chance ~ Last Chance Beauty Queen ~ Last Chance Knit and Stitch ~ The World According to Garp ~ The Bean Trees ~ I'll Be Seeing You ~ The Hours ~ Prodigal Summer ~ The Ocean at the End of the Lane
Glynis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:47 PM   #32
JenM
DIS Veteran

I watched this at work this afternoon. Do you know how hard it was not to shriek like a teenager in the middle of my office watching this?!

Amazing! I can't wait!
JenM is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #33
1novascotian
Mouseketeer

I was recently in London and saw the show in the West End. It blew me away, I bawled through several parts of it, definitely going to be prepared for the movie with some tissues!

I loved the first look that they released today, it made me feel slightly better about the fact the movie was pushed back to Christmas.

I really hope they release a second trailer soon!

February 1998- First Trip to Disney!
May/June 2008
May 2011- Offsite- Windsor Hills
1novascotian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #34
disney1990
Wow, it make my heart skip a beat
I'm going to miss these when the season ends
Lighting the Way to Paradise

Quote:
This is a new clip, just posted today.
Didn't realize that since this thread started in May.

Last edited by disney1990; 09-20-2012 at 09:07 PM.
disney1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:41 AM   #35
Deb in IA
Knows that KIDS are better than cats
When do we leave for that nice long Hawaii vacation?
I'm a wimp, and I don't like food that hurts to eat

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
I watched this at work this afternoon. Do you know how hard it was not to shriek like a teenager in the middle of my office watching this?!

Amazing! I can't wait!
Me too!

"Children are our most valuable natural resource."
- Herbert Hoover, 31st President, native of West Branch, Iowa
Deb in IA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 01:50 PM   #36
JenM
DIS Veteran

And now we have an official poster too. Beautiful!

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2012/09/2...rables-poster/
Old 09-24-2012, 02:35 PM   #37
threeboysmom
I REALLY AM a Princess!!!
Hands off the crown! It's not for trade :)

Currently reading the book. Cannot wait for the movie!! (Although I MUST finish the book before I allow myself to see the movie, lol)

Books Read: #1 My Year with Eleanor, #2 Trust Your Eyes, #3 Doctor Sleep, #4 Can Man Live Without God, #5 Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, #6 The Woods, #7 When She Woke, #8 The Glass Castle, #9 The Rosie Project, #10 The Husband's Secret, #11 The Cuckoo's Calling, #12 Six Years, #13 Her Mother's Hope, #14 Perfect People, #15 The Last Original Wife, #16 Star Island, #17 Pursuit of Peace, #18 Room, #19 Innocence #20 New Year Island, #21 Me Before You, #22 Unbroken, #23 You Don't Want to Know, #24 Her Daughter's Dream, #25 The Leisure Seeker, #26 Rainshadow Road, #27 The Art of Hearing Heartbeats, #28 Little Bee, #29 The Art Forger, #30 One Plus One, #31 Double Whammy, #32 The Girl You Left Behind, #33 Orphan Train, #34 Big Little Lies, #35 The Good Girl, #36 The Girl with All the Gifts, #37 Outlander, #38 Lucid, #39 You

Currently reading: #40 Dragonfly in Amber

threeboysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:46 PM   #38
Deb in IA

I LOVE it!

It evokes the iconic Broadway artwork and updates it with the movie version of the young Cosette.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #39
JenM
DIS Veteran

I love that they're keeping the artwork from the original poster. That's just amazing.

I still have a program from the Broadway production that actually has this ad in it:

Better late than never!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:14 PM   #40
Deb in IA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenM View Post
I love that they're keeping the artwork from the original poster. That's just amazing.

I still have a program from the Broadway production that actually has this ad in it:

Better late than never!
LOL - what's 20 years?

I really am favorably impressed so far. Being a long-time Les Miz fan, like you, I really, really wanted this to be done RIGHT. And so far, I haven't seen any major missteps - although we dodged a bullet with the whole Taylor Swift thing . . .

Old 09-24-2012, 04:23 PM   #41
DisneyDanielle85
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by minkydog View Post
Who did they end up casting in the roles of Eponine and the Thenardiers?
Eponine was Samantha Barks, you can see her in the 25th Anniversary Edition that PBS shows which is also on DVD. She is an amazing. She played the part so well. She's a West End actress in England.

Thenardier I believe is Sasha Baron Cohen and Mrs. Thenardier is Helena Bohnam Carter.

Sorry if this was answered previously but I absolutly Adore Les Mis. I wanted to go see it in England at the beginning of the year when Ramin Karimloo was Val Jean. He is one of my favorite West End Actors. I've seen him in concert twice. Once in England and once here in the states. He played Enjolras in the 25th Anniversary edition. I only wish he had time in his schedule to be a bit part in the movie but there was no such luck! Ah well At least Colm Wilkinson will have a small cameo!

~Danielle~
~A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes~ ~Princess Belle!~ "I only hope we don't forget one thing- It was all started by a mouse" - Walt Disney
DisneyDanielle85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:03 PM   #42
JenM
DIS Veteran

Quote:
LOL - what's 20 years?

I really am favorably impressed so far. Being a long-time Les Miz fan, like you, I really, really wanted this to be done RIGHT. And so far, I haven't seen any major missteps - although we dodged a bullet with the whole Taylor Swift thing . . .
It's only off by a few years! Right next to it is an ad for Miss Saigon - coming to Broadway next year! (and it actually did, but it's long gone now)

Just those few seconds of Samantha Barks had me saying another grateful prayer that Taylor Swift is not in this movie.

It just looks amazing. A friend of mine told me that a rough cut of the movie was just screened, and they were blown away by it. "Tremendous" was one of the words they used to describe it. And the version they saw didn't even have the full orchestrations yet. They think it's going to be a huge hit.

I saw the trailer on the big screen again yesterday (they showed it in front of The Master), and it looks amazing.

I've been a fan for long time too, I can't believe this is actually happening and it looks so incredible.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: