Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read





 
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 03:32 PM   #61
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
 
mrsksomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by stacopp View Post
Longtime lurker here- I have read all your trip reports and was so pleased you started another one. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed them! We did the Dessert Party in January and is was awesome- so glad you had a great experience. Looking forward to reading more.
WELCOME!! I love it when lurkers post. Sometimes I feel like I am posting to myself. Thank you so much for reading our reports. We had a good time at the Dessert party and I will be updating very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Great photos!

Would like to know your opinion on the Dessert Party. Is it worth it? We have been to WDW enough times now that we look for something "different" to do each trip. Considering this but have read that some people don't think so. Curious on your thoughts.

My DH LOVES to take pics so it may be an idea for next trip.
I think people judge whether things are worth it from different perspectives. For us, yes it was worth it, no crowds, sitting down, great view of the castle, and desserts .

As for pictures I liked it, but I am so used to seeing the fireworks framing the castle on both sides so it took a little getting used to. I don't think they allow tripods but I am not sure. There was a photopass photographer there that would take pictures with the castle in the background but we didn't do it. We enjoyed the experience and will do it again, not every trip but we will be back.
mrsksomeday is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 07:58 AM   #62
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran
 
DisMomAmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 7,961

All caught up again! I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at Garden Grill. We've eaten there once & Alex has been bugging us to go back. There are so many great choices at Epcot that we haven't made it a priority... but it might be time again.

I am really enjoying all of your pictures - your new camera is great! And I'm glad you are slowing down to snap some shots.

I'm glad you had a good experience at the Wishes Dessert Party! We really enjoyed it, except for the one rude lady next to us. Everyone else was really nice & could see that the lady next to us was being rude, so they went out of their way to make sure the boys had a good spot to see the fireworks. I just LOVE that new castle show - I'm glad you enjoyed it!!
DisMomAmy is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 06-21-2012, 05:39 PM   #63
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
 
mrsksomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
All caught up again! I'm glad you enjoyed your dinner at Garden Grill. We've eaten there once & Alex has been bugging us to go back. There are so many great choices at Epcot that we haven't made it a priority... but it might be time again.

I am really enjoying all of your pictures - your new camera is great! And I'm glad you are slowing down to snap some shots.

I'm glad you had a good experience at the Wishes Dessert Party! We really enjoyed it, except for the one rude lady next to us. Everyone else was really nice & could see that the lady next to us was being rude, so they went out of their way to make sure the boys had a good spot to see the fireworks. I just LOVE that new castle show - I'm glad you enjoyed it!!
Hi Amy . We really liked GG, it will be on the list for next trip whenever that is.

I am so happy with the new camera, I loved using it at the Boardwalk.

I am so sorry you had a rude person at your dessert party. I love how other people helped the boys out. I love seeing that especially at WDW.
mrsksomeday is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 05:44 PM   #64
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
 
mrsksomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,631

Throwing the plans out the window

Since we got back fairly late to our room, Bill and I decided to change park days, shake it up a bit, throw the plans out the window. You know the plans, the plans I had worked on for months. I wanted to be a drama queen about it, but was a good girl. We were going to MGM, or Disney’s Hollywood Studios (what a lame name). He hopped online and got us 50’s Prime Time Café lunch reservations.

I found it odd that Epcot and DHS would both have Sorcerer Mickey topiaries at the front of their parks:



As soon as we were in the park, we saw the Citizens of Hollywood setting up.



It seems Dara Vamp was going to be doing a live show. Officer Percival Peabody was there to keep the peace and Shelby Mayer was going to direct and interview her. I know I have said this too many times to count but we LOVE the Citizens of Hollywood. They are hilarious and I hope WDW keeps them around for a very long time. The interactions they do with the crowd are so funny.









We watched them until it was time for lunch at 50’s. We go here almost every trip. We had a 2pm reservation. I have never seen it this empty:





We were called to our table very quickly. It was as good as it usually is and we had some drinks with our meal.

Yummy!!



We came outside after lunch to this:



Boo, cloudy again. I shouldn’t have thought that way because during Star Wars Weekend I was praying for clouds. We wanted to go see Kermit and by the time we got out of there it was raining. That is what happens when you go in May, it rains almost every afternoon. We went to the Muppet store in search of a Perry the Platypus shirt we had been looking for. We never did find the right size for Bill. We looked every day. I do have the SKU number and will be calling Disney Merchandise to see if they can get it for me.

We made it by Studio Catering Company when it really started pouring, we waited it out for a bit:





The rain slowed down enough for us to continue walking and we rode Toy Story Mania. That ride always has us giggling like little kids, we just love it. It is so fun that we work together to get the points. One day we will break the 100,000 barrier, I just know we will.

On our way to One Man’s Dream we saw a Green Army Man walking toward us, as soon as he saw Bill he saluted and then Bill got a picture with him:



We try to go to One Man’s Dream every trip. I think everyone that comes to WDW should go through this to learn more about Mr. Walt Disney. Bill wanted a picture with him.



Darn lady reading a map photobombed him!!

I wonder how much these are worth?:





Map on the wal in Walt’s office:



Random shots:





Would Bill’s mark still be outside the Great Movie Ride? With that bolt in the bottom of his chair, sometimes it will scrape if he is going uphill. It took a little time, but we found it:



I think I showed the accessible vehicle before but I am just so happy there is so much room:





Continued in next post…. Throwing the Plans out the window Part 2

Last edited by mrsksomeday; 06-21-2012 at 05:54 PM.
mrsksomeday is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 05:47 PM   #65
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
 
mrsksomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,631

Throwing plans out the window Part 2

We both wondered how the new camera would do here. This is what I got:





















Not too bad, huh?

When we came out there was a commotion. It seemed there was a bird stuck in the decorative area about one of the windows. How many CM’s does it take to help a bird??



Apparently five!!!

We knew the lines for Fantasmic would be long but we didn’t want to try to see it during our SWW days, so we braved the crowds and went.

Looking left:



Looking right:



Hope you aren’t sick of pictures:























After the show is over we always wait for the theater to clear before we leave.



I get totally annoyed watching the CM’s going row by row having to pick up trash. There are trash cans everywhere, pick up after yourselves people, you don’t just leave trash anywhere else in the park, why here?

Tomorrow was our private dinner and I was wondering what Bill was going to come up with now.

Next installment… Off to see a Butler

Last edited by mrsksomeday; 06-25-2012 at 12:52 PM.
mrsksomeday is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 06:36 PM   #66
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Central PA
Posts: 1,320

Darn the rain! I do wonder though.. when it rains is it a cooling rain or does it just make everything more sticky in the end? I guess it wouldn't be so bad if it cooled things down a little.

I think Fantasmic should go on our to do list if we make it back. I am just a little worried that it might be a little scarey for the kiddos. I have heard mixed feelings about things but I figure if we go we won't be spending every night at the Osburne lights like we did last time. LOL

I am with you... Toy Story Mania is the best!!! It was so much fun!!
Tinker_Tam is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 06:56 PM   #67
RunningGirl
DIS Veteran
 
RunningGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1,479

Wow! My jaw dropped at those pics of GMR and Fantasmic! Fabulous shots!

Photo bombs crack me up. One of my favorite pics ever is our whole family at MK plus one lady smiling like she belongs ine the shot. We've made up a whole backstory for her.

Hope you can get your shirt. It seemed to me that those shirts were pretty popular last time we were there.
RunningGirl is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 07:26 PM   #68
MRYPPNS
Practically Prefect in Every Way
 
MRYPPNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: 17 Cherry Tree Lane
Posts: 4,900



That's totally a dude!
__________________
Heidi ~~~~

MRYPPNS is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 08:41 PM   #69
Britard
Mouseketeer
 
Britard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Maryland
Posts: 205

I though Maleficent was a guy too!!!

I agree with you on the litterbugs. People are in a beautiful park that cast members work diligently to keep clean and they just treat it like the trash that they are! Wonder what their houses look like
__________________
"Oh Good, my dog found the chain saw!"

Me DH DD DD DS




Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW
Britard is offline  
Old 06-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #70
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
 
mrsksomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
Darn the rain! I do wonder though.. when it rains is it a cooling rain or does it just make everything more sticky in the end? I guess it wouldn't be so bad if it cooled things down a little.

I think Fantasmic should go on our to do list if we make it back. I am just a little worried that it might be a little scarey for the kiddos. I have heard mixed feelings about things but I figure if we go we won't be spending every night at the Osburne lights like we did last time. LOL

I am with you... Toy Story Mania is the best!!! It was so much fun!!
Hate to break it to you Tammy, it is more sticky in the end most of the time, not all the time. There was one afternoon it was glorious after the rain so you never really know.

Fantasmic can be scary, have they seen Sleeping Beauty with the dragon? Maybe you could tell them before you go that this is just a show and Mickey is a hero?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningGirl View Post
Wow! My jaw dropped at those pics of GMR and Fantasmic! Fabulous shots!

Photo bombs crack me up. One of my favorite pics ever is our whole family at MK plus one lady smiling like she belongs ine the shot. We've made up a whole backstory for her.

Hope you can get your shirt. It seemed to me that those shirts were pretty popular last time we were there.
Thanks for the kind words about the pictures. I was amazed. Now if I ever learn to really work with my photo editing software they would look even better .

That is a great idea to make up a backstory, I will have to tell Bill about that.

I keep forgetting to call Disney about that shirt, I need to do that asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post


That's totally a dude!
LA LA LA I can't hear you I am under the Disney magic spell . Maybe the zoom is too good at times?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britard View Post
I though Maleficent was a guy too!!!

I agree with you on the litterbugs. People are in a beautiful park that cast members work diligently to keep clean and they just treat it like the trash that they are! Wonder what their houses look like
I think DHS needs to put signs up telling people to throw away their own trash. It really annoys me.
mrsksomeday is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 10:10 AM   #71
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.
 
Deesknee's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: South of Boston, MA
Posts: 4,059

about Malificent being a guy. I was thinking that perhaps your zoom is a little too good at time too! I TRULY LOVE you pictures though. I have a canon rebel xs. I have only had it a couple of years, thank God for the auto setting. Even when I use that a lot of my pictures come out blurry. Perhaps a person with vertigo shouldn't be the photographer of the group!
__________________
How many surprises can we fit into 1 week? TR - Aug 2013- http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3164295

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Deesknee is offline  
Old 06-22-2012, 10:23 AM   #72
TrixieB
An hour and a half from the Mouse!
 
TrixieB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Clearwater, FL
Posts: 41

Love all of your trip reports (longtime lurker) . The camera take great pictures!

We live local (one hour away) and are going next week, if you like I can look for that shirt for you! As another poster said, they were popular.

Looking forward to the next installment!!
__________________
TrixieB is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 10:19 AM   #73
DisMomAmy
DIS Veteran
 
DisMomAmy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: NH
Posts: 7,961

Fun update! Sorry for the rain but it looks like it passed fairly quickly. I haven't seen Fantasmic in a while... Maybe I'll try to get the family in there on our trip next spring.

We love 50s Prime Time too! I wish they did a Fantasmic dining package.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRYPPNS View Post


That's totally a dude!
DisMomAmy is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 05:22 PM   #74
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!
 
mrsksomeday's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Southern Illinois
Posts: 7,631

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
about Malificent being a guy. I was thinking that perhaps your zoom is a little too good at time too! I TRULY LOVE you pictures though. I have a canon rebel xs. I have only had it a couple of years, thank God for the auto setting. Even when I use that a lot of my pictures come out blurry. Perhaps a person with vertigo shouldn't be the photographer of the group!
OOPS I didn't even realize that when I posted it. I have some blurry pictures with my camera too, you just don't see them .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrixieB View Post
Love all of your trip reports (longtime lurker) . The camera take great pictures!

We live local (one hour away) and are going next week, if you like I can look for that shirt for you! As another poster said, they were popular.

Looking forward to the next installment!!
Thank you so much for posting and reading our trip reports. That is so sweet of you about the shirt, you reminded me to call WDW merchandising today. I don't want to send you off on a wild goosechase for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisMomAmy View Post
Fun update! Sorry for the rain but it looks like it passed fairly quickly. I haven't seen Fantasmic in a while... Maybe I'll try to get the family in there on our trip next spring.

We love 50s Prime Time too! I wish they did a Fantasmic dining package.




We know if we go in May or June it will rain, we are used to it. We don't see Fantasmic every trip, but it had been a while and I was wanting to see how the camera would handle the lighting and movement. 50's is a must do for us, just like Ohana .
mrsksomeday is offline  
Old 06-23-2012, 06:19 PM   #75
eandesmom
I'm with Beast
 
eandesmom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Pacific Northwest
Posts: 13,239

All caught up!!! Oh your arrival and the lost bag, not so magical. So glad chair is mostly charging so far but still stressful I imagine not being sure if it will or won't. It's nice to hear you had so much fun at Garden Grill and the dessert party looks like a lot of fun.

I have NEVER seen PTC that empty!!!

Really great fantasmic and GMR pics, fun fun fun!
eandesmom is offline  
 



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.