Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2012, 04:10 PM   #46
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britard View Post
Joining in!!
Love all the pictures so far. I really want to eat at the Garden Grill next time I go. I haven't been there in years!
Welcome!! We really enjoyed the GG. The characters make it special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piglet50 View Post
yea! A new trip report. I really enjoy reading about your adventures. You always have good photos and seem to have such a good time. Thanks for taking time to write for those of us who can't get there right now.
Thanks for reading along, I am one of those people that can turn any conversation into a Disney one so writing about our trips keeps the magic alive for me .

Quote:
Originally Posted by carouselgirl View Post
I agree with him, this is the best thing you've ever written. The both of you are an inspiration. Can't wait to read the rest.
Thank you so much. I will be posting an update very soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesprivate View Post
Hi Tracey, so happy to see another Bill and Tracey trip report.
Hello!! Thanks for being here .
Old 06-17-2012, 04:44 PM   #47
kirstenb1
DIS Veteran

I love your descriptions and friendly writing style. It's a gift to be able to write like you're having a conversation.

It looks like you guys are celebrities!! I'lll definitely have to look for Tracy and Bill trip reports!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #48
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstenb1 View Post
I love your descriptions and friendly writing style. It's a gift to be able to write like you're having a conversation.

It looks like you guys are celebrities!! I'lll definitely have to look for Tracy and Bill trip reports!!!
Hello and welcome! Bill says I am always talking so I might as well act like it when I write . All my trip reports are linked in my signature, I have written a couple .
Old 06-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #49
mrsksomeday

A view from the tray & Wishes Dessert Party

Sometime in the middle of the night the charger started acting up again so we stayed in the room that morning to make sure the wheelchair was completely charged. We had lunch at the Pop food court and went to Magic Kingdom.

Bill was wearing his lanyard and the pin board cast members saw him giving them the eye. They came right up to him:

He made two trades and we made our way into the park. He loved it that I was taking time to take pictures and not rushing from attraction to attraction.

Various shop windows on Main Street:

This one made me think of oregonmommyof2 aka Toni:

I thought it was time for Bill to take some pictures, we introduce to you “the view from the tray”:

We were by the Tomorrowland Noodle Station and he gave me the camera back. It was time to try out the zoom, the castle show was going on.

Monsters Inc is always something we like to catch:

Anything Walt had a hand in we just love no matter how cheesy or old some people think it might be:

Oh thank you we will:

This is the first time we sat up front:

Here we go (all pictures without flash):

The cork board by the desk in the last scene:

Next installment… Wishes Dessert Party

Last edited by mrsksomeday; 06-17-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 06:38 PM   #50
mrsksomeday

Wishes Dessert Party

I had booked the Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party the first day it was available to book for our dates:

I had read a lot about people standing at the rail and how you couldn’t sit at your table if you wanted to get a decent view of the fireworks. I just wanted to make sure Bill had a decent view. When we checked in the cast member that seated us told me we had “the best table in the house”. We were in the front row all the way to the left close to the railing.

Looking back towards the desserts:

Looking at the castle:

Time for some desserts:

Do you think we got enough different things? Bill said he wanted to try to try everything. After we were there for a bit the Main Street Electrical Parade started. Here was Bill’s view:

Zoom time:

We had never seen the Magic, Memories, and You Show. We enjoyed it:

Fireworks time, a CM named Shanice told us that Bill being close to the railing was just fine and I could have a chair right next to him. People were very polite to each other about the railing issue:

We really enjoyed this experience and will be doing it again. We waited for the crowd to thin out before leaving. On our way out Bill spotted this, some Cinderella had lost both shoes:

We went back to Shanice and let her know about it, she said she would make sure they got to lost and found.

Bill visited with Roy and Minnie for a minute:

Anybody else think this Mickey is a little creepy??

Next installment… Throwing the plans out the window Part 1

Last edited by mrsksomeday; 06-21-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 07:57 PM   #51
scottny
You better have crackers
I heard of light reading, never wet reading
I still won't go in the ocean because of

Nice updates. Your camera takes really nice pics.

I was winding how the party was.

Love the view from the tray.
Old 06-17-2012, 08:24 PM   #52
Tinkermom76
Gawrsh

That Mickey is very creepy

I love the dessert Party. We were in the front row as well and we didn't have to leave our seats. I may book it for my Oct Trip

Me (Natalie) DD12 (Eryka) DD9 (Emma)

May 1989 offsite, May 1999 CBR, Feb 2008 Nickelodeon, Dec 2009 CR, Dec 2010 Pop, Oct 2011, Pop, Feb 2012 WL, Sept 2012 POR, Sept 2013 ASM, May 2014 Pop, Dec 2014 CBR
Old 06-17-2012, 08:51 PM   #53
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

Even on vacation I have to read your updates! I so want to do the dessert if we go back. The view must be amazing!
Old 06-17-2012, 09:09 PM   #54
Baloo

Laughter is the bloom
of a happy heart
Italian pixie
**WARNING**
Wand is a wooden spoon!

I'm playing catch up and have a lot of comments! LOL!

You don't know how much I love Bill's Larry Bird sneakers...they make me smile and a bit home sick every time I see him wearing them!

I LOVE the picture of the green monorail with SSE!!! Do you mind if I use it as a screen saver?

Uh...what exactly is that flower thing in front of SSE suppose to be?!?!? Looks like a couple huge ,purple balls and that large whatever sticking up and wellllllll.........

Side walk Pixie Dust.... LOVE it!

Love the pictures down Main Street. The pictures from Bill's tray are sooooo cool with the reflection of the castle on the tray!!!

You're camera has awesome zoom!!! What kind is it? Like the bulletin board in CoP!

Mmmmmmmmmmm desserts!!! I didn't know you could do this...looks like a great view for everything!

All caught up and looking forward to more!!!

Last edited by Baloo; 06-24-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 06-17-2012, 09:58 PM   #55
KathyRN137
...and the greatest of these is Love

Tracy, the zoom on your camera is amazing!

Awesome review of the Fireworks Dessert Party at MK; between the view and the yummy desserts it really does seem to be worth the extra expense! (Did you find yourself looking to see if a picture of you and Bill would appear on the Castle during Magic, Memories and You?)

I really like the newer-designed motor coaches -- they look safer and more comfortable for wheelchair guests!

Looking forward to more,

Kathy
Old 06-17-2012, 10:19 PM   #56
MissPrice
Treguna, Makoidees, Trecorum, Sadis Dee!

HI There New reader joining in. I love your pictures of COP. That's one of my favorite attractions. The Wishes dessert party looks like so much fun. I really want to try and book it for my next trip. I cant wait to read more! -Amanda
Old 06-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #57
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Those desserts look so so good. I think I just gained a few pounds staring at the computer screen. I love your zoom. The pictures are so so clear. Do you point and shoot, or are you more advanced than I?

Thanks for posting pictures from the tray. I sometimes use a wheelchair, and I feel sometimes people don't understand who different everything is from that perspective. You are obviously very thoughtful, to always try to consider Bill's perspective.

Can't wait to read more. I am loving this.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Old 06-18-2012, 04:44 PM   #58
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottny View Post
Nice updates. Your camera takes really nice pics.

I was winding how the party was.

Love the view from the tray.

Hi Scott, thanks for reading. I am very pleased with the new camera. We enjoyed the dessert party. I liked the fact that we were in a huge crowd, although there is nothing like watching Wishes from in front of the Castle with it centered for the fireworks. It was a little odd seeing them from this angle but I really liked it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
That Mickey is very creepy

I love the dessert Party. We were in the front row as well and we didn't have to leave our seats. I may book it for my Oct Trip
Thanks I was hoping it was just me thinking that about Mickey. I liked the fact we could sit and talk and not worry about a "good spot" for the fireworks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
Even on vacation I have to read your updates! I so want to do the dessert if we go back. The view must be amazing!
Hi Tammy, I hope your vacation is going well. We enjoyed the view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
I'm playing catch up and have a lot of comments! LOL!

You don't know how much I love Bill's Larry Bird sneakers...they make me smile and a bit home sick every time I see him wearing them!

I LOVE the picture of the green monorail with SSE!!! Do you mind if I use it as a screen saver?

Uh...what exactly is that flower thing in front of SSE suppose to be?!?!? Looks like a couple huge ,purple balls and that large whatever sticking up and wellllllll.........

Side walk Pixie Dust.... LOVE it!

Love the pictures down Main Street. The pictures from Bill's tray are sooooo cool with the reflection of the castle on the tray!!!

You're camera has awesome zoom!!! What kind is it? Like the bulletin board in CoP!

Mmmmmmmmmmm desserts!!! I didn't know you could do this...looks like a great view for everything!

All caught up and looking forward to more!!!
Hello!! He loves his sneakers too, he gets so many compliments on them.

I can email you a larger copy of the monorail picture if you would like me to.

I am dying laughing about your question about the topiary in front of SSE, it is a peacock.

We love the sidewalk Pixie Dust.

There will be some more pictures from the tray later in the report.

The camera is a Canon SX40 HS. It is a high end point and shoot with many DSLR capabilities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyRN137 View Post
Tracy, the zoom on your camera is amazing!

Awesome review of the Fireworks Dessert Party at MK; between the view and the yummy desserts it really does seem to be worth the extra expense! (Did you find yourself looking to see if a picture of you and Bill would appear on the Castle during Magic, Memories and You?)

I really like the newer-designed motor coaches -- they look safer and more comfortable for wheelchair guests!

Looking forward to more,

Kathy
Hi Kathy!! I am completely amazed at the zoom on this camera, I am so happy with it.

We didn't do any photopass so we knew we wouldn't be in the MM&Y show. I really liked the new set up with tie downs. The drivers seemed to get things secured quicker too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissPrice View Post
HI There New reader joining in. I love your pictures of COP. That's one of my favorite attractions. The Wishes dessert party looks like so much fun. I really want to try and book it for my next trip. I cant wait to read more! -Amanda
Thanks for joining us Amanda. We love COP, I was thrilled that we were in front and I could snap away. They assign tables for the dessert party by when you book it that is how we got up front .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
Those desserts look so so good. I think I just gained a few pounds staring at the computer screen. I love your zoom. The pictures are so so clear. Do you point and shoot, or are you more advanced than I?

Thanks for posting pictures from the tray. I sometimes use a wheelchair, and I feel sometimes people don't understand who different everything is from that perspective. You are obviously very thoughtful, to always try to consider Bill's perspective.

Can't wait to read more. I am loving this.
It is a point and shoot camera with DSLR capabilites. I am going to try to venture into ISO, shutter speed, and aperature at some point but with WDW I used the auto and low light features the most. I don't think I ever used the flash this trip.

You are so welcome about the tray pictures. I think Bill thought I was crazy at first to suggest it, but we will be doing this from now on, he liked the pictures too. My goals while we are at WDW is to make it the best trip I possibly can for Bill. He has so many hardships when we are at home, in WDW it should be just fun.
Old 06-18-2012, 08:26 PM   #59
stacopp
Disney Dork

Longtime lurker here- I have read all your trip reports and was so pleased you started another one. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed them! We did the Dessert Party in January and is was awesome- so glad you had a great experience. Looking forward to reading more.

Me , DH , DD
Old 06-19-2012, 06:56 AM   #60
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Great photos!

Would like to know your opinion on the Dessert Party. Is it worth it? We have been to WDW enough times now that we look for something "different" to do each trip. Considering this but have read that some people don't think so. Curious on your thoughts.

My DH LOVES to take pics so it may be an idea for next trip.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: