Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports > Completed Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2012, 04:58 PM   #31
mrsksomeday
My Prince uses a power wheelchair!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkermom76 View Post
my luggage not showing up is my biggest travel nightmare

I have started packing everyones clothes in all the suitcases that way if one doesn't make it then everyone still has clothes. What are the odds they lose all three... wait don't answer that
Every single trip before this one I did that with the clothes. This time I had all of Bill's personal care things in one bag and the other had our clothes and the cosmetic bag that had the meds . Don't ask me why I did that because I couldn't tell you. We got the one with the personal care stuff but not the clothes, we laugh about it now, but that day not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758 View Post
I've read every TR you've written (enjoying them all) and this might be the best thing you've ever written.

People are way too judgmental and appearance is everything. No one ever takes the time to stop and think before they open their mouths.

Anyways...

I'm in on the ground floor of this TR...and I can't wait to read more.
Thank you so much for your kind words. I just wish people would see Bill like I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RachVH View Post
Newbie catching up an joining in! Love your TR so far, your attitude towards life is admirable. Glad you got the luggage back, but wow, should you not have had to put up with that much attitude when trying to nail down the issue. Especially considering there was medication in the bag!

Looking forward to further updates!
Welcome!! Thank you so much for joining us. The attitude by the 1-800 lady was horrible. Elaine made up for it though, she was fantastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by janatmovies View Post
Another newbie on board! Rocky start but I hope you guys had a wonderful rest of the trip. Can't wait to read more :D
Thank you for posting, I love getting to hear from readers. We always have ups and downs on our trips but we try to make the best of it.
Old 06-05-2012, 06:34 PM   #32
mrsksomeday

A rodent in Billís hair!

No alarm was set, we just wanted to rest. It kind of worked. When I woke up my back was stiff, but I chalked it up to all the stuff that had been going on. We got ready for a day in Epcot. Before we left, Elaine from Southwest called and wanted to thank me for the voice mail I left. She used to live in Southern Illinois too and moved to Orlando to work for Disney. She wanted my email address to ďsend me a little somethingĒ. We said our goodbyes and Bill and I left the room.

We had a lot of transportation mojo this trip. We would walk up to a bus stop and BAM the bus would show up. As most of you know, Disney has people with mobility devices enter through the back door first before able bodied people board. I was happy to see that this bus had 3 spots for wheelchairs/ECVís and it was a newer set up. The part used to hook on the front of Billís chair wasnít anchored to the floor it was mounted to the side. This left more foot room on the floor of the bus.

Here is the one opposite of where I was sitting:

It was a cloudy day, but we were still happy to be there.

We were focused on Future World today. Captain EO was first up, we know it is cheesy, but we like how Bill can feel all the special effects just like I can. Then we went to Figment, he holds a special place in our heart as being the only ride (knock on wood) that we have ever been stuck on and had to be evacuated. I wanted to try out the new camera in Figment.

Bill said it was time for a Key Lime Tart at Sunshine Seasons:

Off to Living with the Land. They had changed the accessible boat since the last time we were on it and Bill was pleased. Loading used to be in the front of the boat and not much turning radius at all, now it is in the back of the boat with so much more room.

Why do I always take a ton of pictures on this ride??

The elevator between the 2 floors at the land pavilion can hold 2 accessible vehicles at once comfortably:

We had met a great CM at Living with the Land named Taliah. We saw her again when we were waiting for Circle of Life, she said she thought we were following her lol. We hadnít seen this in several trips, we were killing time before our reservation at The Garden Grill. Just about five minutes before the movie was to start, my camera battery was warning me it was going to die . I figured it was time to try out the camera on the Iphone I guess. What a rookie mistake, I had forgotten to grab the extra battery.

The Garden Grill rotates while guests eat. Such fun, until you have to find the place where the ramp is so Bill can get on the second level. We must have looked crazy walking all around the lower level. We were cracking ourselves up.

The meal is served family style. We did ask for a substitution, no fish and please replace it with Mac and Cheese. Bill is a Mac and Cheese freak. We enjoyed the turkey, beef, potatoes, and dessert. The characters were very interactive here.

I love the look on Billís face:

Finally Chip:

I didnít get a picture of it but the next time Chip came around he decided that Billís hair needed attention. He was acting like he was looking through it and grooming it. Everyone was laughing and Bill had a great time with it.

We will definitely go here again. We knew we had a long trip a head of us so we wanted to go back to Pop early. I wanted to try to get a picture of the monorail.

Pictures as we were heading out of the park:

PIXIE DUST!!!

Goodbye Spaceship Earth:

We got back to the room and plugged in the chair, would it charge overnight?

Next installmentÖ A view from the tray

Last edited by mrsksomeday; 06-17-2012 at 06:44 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-05-2012, 09:06 PM   #33
ortholablady
DIS Veteran

Hi! Enjoying another Tracy and Bill adventure! You had me a little worried with the rodent thing! LOL! My last trip with my brother we had a close encounter with a squirrel! Glad yours was a friendlier rodent! I did start a trip report but kind of dropped the ball and never got up to the squirrel incident. And now I'm leaving for a short trip late Thurs night for the weekend for my brother's 40th birthday. Maybe when I get back I'll finish the Jan/Feb trip and do the June weekend trip.
Anyway, looking forward to hearing about the rest of yours!
Cathy
Old 06-06-2012, 08:39 AM   #34
Tinker_Tam
DIS Veteran

I so want to go eat at Garden Grill! I am a HUGE HUGE fan of Chip and Dale. Perhaps, since I have my own little Chip and Dale (almost) I can relate! They can get into almost as much trouble as Chip and Dale anyway!

I have to tell you, I would be stressing every night about if the chair would charge. It would be a constant worry. I am hoping that you and Bill didn't run into any more problems with it!
Old 06-06-2012, 09:43 AM   #35
luvfigment
Member of the 'Jambo! WildBunch'
DIS Veteran

Looks like a nice day with some great pictures. I especially like the ones with Figment. The monorail picture with Spaceship Earth is also really nice.
1983 Off Property~1986 Polynesian~1987 Off Property~1988 Disney Village Resort~1989 CBR-Jamaica~1990 Swan~1992 CBR-Aruba~1994 Dixie Landings~1996 Dixie~1998 Grad Night at All Star Sports~ 1998 Dixie~1999 Yacht Club~2001 OKW~2004 Shades of Green~2005 AKL (DH's first trip)~2006 First trip to Disneyland-Paradise Pier~2006 AKL~Oct 2007 Disneymoon Polynesian~Sept. 2008 ASMu~Oct. 2008 Wilderness Lodge CL 1 yr Anniversary~Sept 2013 Wilderness Lodge~
Old 06-06-2012, 11:05 AM   #36
pooksma
Can't help it~there is something about Ed...kinda like the Gary Sinise thing...
Well I have laughed my posterior region until it almost removed itself from my body

Whew! Been away from the boards for a while and I might have missed this!
Great TR thus far

Love the Perry shirt Bill!
Old 06-06-2012, 05:43 PM   #37
mike the canuck
DIS Veteran

following along
1990 Offsite (I think?) - 1992 Port Orleans - 1993 Dixie Landings - 1996 All-Star Sports - Nov 1999 Disney Institute - Nov 2001 Offsite (Sheraton Vistana) - June 2006 Grosvenor Resort - Christmas 2007 Regal Sun Resort - Sept 2010 Pop Century - Dec 2012 AOA
Old 06-06-2012, 06:00 PM   #38
disney.nut
DIS Veteran

I love reading your trip reports. Keep it coming.
Old 06-07-2012, 11:13 PM   #39
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortholablady View Post
Hi! Enjoying another Tracy and Bill adventure! You had me a little worried with the rodent thing! LOL! My last trip with my brother we had a close encounter with a squirrel! Glad yours was a friendlier rodent! I did start a trip report but kind of dropped the ball and never got up to the squirrel incident. And now I'm leaving for a short trip late Thurs night for the weekend for my brother's 40th birthday. Maybe when I get back I'll finish the Jan/Feb trip and do the June weekend trip.
Anyway, looking forward to hearing about the rest of yours!
Cathy
I think I would freak out if a squirrel came after me. Thanks for joining us .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker_Tam View Post
I so want to go eat at Garden Grill! I am a HUGE HUGE fan of Chip and Dale. Perhaps, since I have my own little Chip and Dale (almost) I can relate! They can get into almost as much trouble as Chip and Dale anyway!

I have to tell you, I would be stressing every night about if the chair would charge. It would be a constant worry. I am hoping that you and Bill didn't run into any more problems with it!
You will enjoy Garden Grill, the characters were really fun. I was stressed every night, I had to mess with it all the time before we went to bed .

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvfigment View Post
Looks like a nice day with some great pictures. I especially like the ones with Figment. The monorail picture with Spaceship Earth is also really nice.
Thank you. I am still trying to get used to this camera. I wish the sun would have been out for the monorail picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pooksma View Post
Whew! Been away from the boards for a while and I might have missed this!
Great TR thus far

Love the Perry shirt Bill!
Welcome!! Thanks for reading, we love Perry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike the canuck

following along
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney.nut View Post
I love reading your trip reports. Keep it coming.
Thanks for being here. We love seeing that people are reading.
Old 06-09-2012, 03:45 PM   #40
Deesknee
When we were kids (long time ago) they did this with cows.

Joining in on the tr! I'm really enjoying it. I don't think I've read any of your other TR's I'll have to go back and check that out.
You two look like, what I refer to as a warm couple. As in warm & friendly, someone you like to be around.
Glad you found the luggage so quickly. It must be scary to have missing meds.

Vow renewal trip report http://disboards.com/showthread.php?...0#post46760210

Triplets + singleton = living happily ever after in Mass
Old 06-12-2012, 07:04 PM   #41
mrsksomeday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deesknee View Post
Joining in on the tr! I'm really enjoying it. I don't think I've read any of your other TR's I'll have to go back and check that out.
You two look like, what I refer to as a warm couple. As in warm & friendly, someone you like to be around.
Glad you found the luggage so quickly. It must be scary to have missing meds.
Thanks for joining in and for the sweet words. We like to think we are friendly . I knew things would work out with the luggage, I just didn't like the 1-800 SW lady, she was mean.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #42
Britard
Mouseketeer

Joining in!!
Love all the pictures so far. I really want to eat at the Garden Grill next time I go. I haven't been there in years!

Me DH DD DD DS

Disney Trips
2011- January (POP), March (AS sports), April (POR), May (ASMu), August (CSR)
2010- February (POP), April (ASMu), May (ASMo), September (POP), October (AS sports), December (ASMo)
2009- April, August (ASMu), November (FW)
2000- November Honeymoon (CSR)
1997-June (CBR)
And many numerous visits as a kid-mostly at FW
Old 06-15-2012, 04:22 PM   #43
piglet50
DIS Veteran

yea! A new trip report. I really enjoy reading about your adventures. You always have good photos and seem to have such a good time. Thanks for taking time to write for those of us who can't get there right now.
Old 06-17-2012, 01:57 PM   #44
carouselgirl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyGuy758 View Post
I've read every TR you've written (enjoying them all) and this might be the best thing you've ever written.

People are way too judgmental and appearance is everything. No one ever takes the time to stop and think before they open their mouths.

Anyways...

I'm in on the ground floor of this TR...and I can't wait to read more.
I agree with him, this is the best thing you've ever written. The both of you are an inspiration. Can't wait to read the rest.
Next trip : I HOPE!!!! September 2012
Old 06-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #45
Lesprivate
DIS Veteran

Hi Tracey, so happy to see another Bill and Tracey trip report.
Saratoga Springs, March 2014, AKL Kidani August 2013, CBR October 2012, OKW August 2012, May 2011 BLT,October 2010 BLT, August 2010 AKV, August 2009 SSR,May 2009 SSR, August 2008 VWL, August 2007 - POR and BCV, November 2006 - POFQ, August 2004 - ASSP, January 2001 - Offsite, December 1998 - Offsite, May 1997 - Offsite, June 1996 - Offsite, December 1995 - Offsite, June 1994 - Offsite, February 1989 - Offsite, April 1986 - Offsite, April 1985 - Offsite, December 1985 - Offsite, Numerous times as a child
Me , DH , DD , DGS Lucky , Spike Spanky : George

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: