Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2012, 08:04 AM   #91
basketlacey
DIS Veteran

So how many pools are there? I saw one memo themed and one cars themed and also another memo themed playground and water area. Do all of the sections have these things?

Also I would still love to hear from someone who slept on the Murphy bed. Was it comfy?

]Disney trips:6/2003: ASMo;11/2005: Offsite;10/2009: Offsite;11/2010: POR;11/2011 - AKL;10/2012 - BC; 10/2013 - WL/BWI; 2/2014 - FWC/Disney Cruise - Magic/CR; 4/2014 - CBR; 7/2014 Dolphin/OKW
basketlacey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 09:10 AM   #92
Mick&Minn
Mouseketeer

Nice Videos and Pics keep them coming
Wilderness Lodge, PORF, AKL, POP Century
Once to Disneyland Howard Johnson
Once on the Disney Magic AOA Little Mermaid
Mick&Minn is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-03-2012, 09:18 AM   #93
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by basketlacey View Post
So how many pools are there? I saw one memo themed and one cars themed and also another memo themed playground and water area. Do all of the sections have these things?

Also I would still love to hear from someone who slept on the Murphy bed. Was it comfy?
According to the map I have there are three pools total:

~Flippin' Fins in the Little Mermaid Section

~Big Blue in the middle of Nemo

~Cozy Cone Pool in Cars

Instead of a pool in the Lion King section, there is a "blob" about the size of a pool, but it's not blue on the map and it's called Elephant Graveyard

Here is the map:

WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:11 PM   #94
firstgood
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristainohio View Post
Those are awesome! Really excited to see these pics! One question: We're currently booked at AKL for 9/16-9/22. I really want to switch to AoA. Why didn't I just book it??? Kicking myself SO much! I know no one knows for sure, but what do you think my odds are to be able to switch to AoA with free dining? Maybe some pixie dust will come my way
We have been trying to add one day to our stay in Sept. at AofA with free dining they won't let us.
All Star Music 96 All Star Sports 2000 Off Site July 2003 **POP May 2005,**POP Oct. 2007, **POP Jan. 2008, **POP Oct.2008 **Sept. 2009**Poly June 2010, ** POP Oct. 2011, **Art of Animation Sept. 2012. LM
firstgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:25 PM   #95
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by firstgood View Post
We have been trying to add one day to our stay in Sept. at AofA with free dining they won't let us.
We went to POP last January and were able to add 2 days to the end of our ressie with the FD. It was only about a month out. Maybe it's an availability thing? Anyway, once we were there we were so grateful for those extra days. I would still try to do it, even if you have to link a new ressie without FD. If you're adding to the end, you'd probably have enough credits to get some food to stock your refrigerator before midnight on your "current" last day. Just a thought...

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:33 PM   #96
digiMom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
According to the map I have there are three pools total:

~Flippin' Fins in the Little Mermaid Section

~Big Blue in the middle of Nemo

~Cozy Cone Pool in Cars

Instead of a pool in the Lion King section, there is a "blob" about the size of a pool, but it's not blue on the map and it's called Elephant Graveyard
I believe the Elephant Graveyard should be a walk through/playground area. (???)

BTW, from the map the LM section looks further out from Animation Hall than the corresponding 80s/90s sections of POP to Classic Hall. Maybe because of their orientation. For anyone there, can you tell if that's the case? Thx.

Me DH DD (17) DS (13)

Jan 2012 POP | Oct 2010 POP | Jan 2006 ASSp | Sept 1992 Off Site (Honeymoon) | Poly and CR in the 70s as a kid
"We keep moving forward, opening new doors... because we're curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths." ~ Walter Elias Disney
digiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #97
WDWKOOK
Lawyered-Up and Shovel-Ready!I'm running out of material and may have to resort to re-posting wattle and Siegfried and Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by digiMom View Post
I believe the Elephant Graveyard should be a walk through/playground area. (???)

BTW, from the map the LM section looks further out from Animation Hall than the corresponding 80s/90s sections of POP to Classic Hall. Maybe because of their orientation. For anyone there, can you tell if that's the case? Thx.
A playground sounds right - but why call it a "graveyard?" Is it like CSR's dig site maybe?

This might help gauge the distance: The jogging trail along HL is 1.38 miles.
WDWKOOK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:01 PM   #98
dontthrowsand
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDWKOOK View Post
A playground sounds right - but why call it a "graveyard?" Is it like CSR's dig site maybe?

This might help gauge the distance: The jogging trail along HL is 1.38 miles.
In the movie, a few scenes from the story are in the elephant graveyard, one where they are playing and sliding on the tusks.

My Pre-Trip Report: August 2012
dontthrowsand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:09 PM   #99
DizneyLizzy
DIS Veteran

Wow some rooms in building 8 will be VERY far from the main building!
DizneyLizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #100
jojomoore
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKidsMom1820 View Post
my son loves little mermaid...and my daughter loves cars, and my son loves cars and my dd lil mermaid.......actually they would love any room we stayed at while on vacation...even if it were a super 8....as long as it had a pool!
My DD has looked at pictures of all sections, and thinks the Cars Section Looks the coolest followed by the Lion King.

I wish they could have spread out standard rooms in all sections. We would have chosen a standard room in the Cars section for my two DDS, but i think the purpose of the resort was to provide room for larger families and the standard rooms were just an after thought. My biggest concern is it appears to be a long walk from the buses to Little Mermaid Section. Yeah, I think our children tend to not be as concerned about the room as we are. As long as everything is in good repair, then we are happy.
jojomoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:13 PM   #101
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

So, does one need to be in building 7 facing the lake to see fireworks from Epcot? I tried comparing the different maps, but I just became more confused.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #102
jenjie
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
It is definitely a playground. I remember seeing pictures of it under construction but google is not my friend right now. Still looking... all I saw at that point was an elephant on its side, with the ribcage bones exposed. There was scaffolding along the outside and my little guy got excited about the idea of climbing the scaffolding.
October 1996 ~ March 2003 ~ August 2012
jenjie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:20 PM   #103
dvc one day
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixkristy6 View Post
So, does one need to be in building 7 facing the lake to see fireworks from Epcot? I tried comparing the different maps, but I just became more confused.
If in LM section, you would want to be in building 9 facing away from the lake. We were in POP last year facing the lake to view Epcot fireworks.
dvc one day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:24 PM   #104
sixkristy6
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvc one day View Post
If in LM section, you would want to be in building 9 facing away from the lake. We were in POP last year facing the lake to view Epcot fireworks.
OK, so we want to face the parking lot?
Old 06-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #105
Eliza32
DIS Veteran

Thought this was supposed to be a photo thread, not an information thread.......just sayin'
Eliza32 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: