Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #16
Calfan
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post
We're DVC, too!
We are also DVC members.

MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
tylerandalexsmom
Seriously addicted to Disney

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
It's hard to say for sure (reading ABD's mind is difficult! ), but considering how popular this Scotland trip has turned out to be (it's selling out quickly and has only been available for a couple of weeks) it's likely they will continue to offer the trip. Whether they continue to push the Brave connection or not would, I assume, depend on how successful the movie is. But I think it's likely the trip will appear in 2014.

Of course, nothing is guaranteed, so if you *really* want to do the trip, you might want to think about, say, pushing that cruise into 2014... Just saying!

Sayhello
Thanks. I have thought about pushing the cruise into 2014, but I would have to cancel the Christmas DLR trip too in order to make the 2013 Scotland trip work. It really is tempting...... but the shorter time span would make it more difficult, plus then I would be left without the trip I planned as a surprise Christmas present for my kids (plus, we really aren't supposed to be on vacation in December -- I had to move heaven and earth to make that happen.....so can't really back out now ) I'm really afraid I will have to take my chances on 2014 and hope they do all the cool stuff in 2014 that they have on this itinerary! Just know that I am SOOOO jealous of all of you going! (And send lots of great trip reports and photos!!!) If I can figure out how to work it out, I will be back on here with you all jumping up and down!!
MK Dec 1972 (me) WDW/All Star Movies May 2003 WDW/All Star Movies Apr 2007 WDW/NSSHP/Caribbean Beach Resort (Pirate room!) Sept 2009 Polynesian/Dream Cruise/WDW/CBR Pirate room Oct 2011 WDW Christmas 2011

tylerandalexsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 05-31-2012, 02:35 PM   #18
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
We're DVC, too! This will be our second ABD. We did Emerald Isle in 2007 and absolutely loved it. One of the best family vacays ever.

I'll be seeing a sneak peek of BRAVE at PIXAR on the 10th--I can't wait. We live right by the studios and many of the execs have kids in our schools, so they always do these benefits. I'll report back without any details!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
We are also DVC members.
As you can see in my siggy, we are DVC members too. Next add-on - Grand Floridian. I imagine we will wind up using or renting out points to book ABD down the line as there are so many itineraries we'd like to do. Emerald Isle is definitely on the list as well as Germany!

Sneek peek for Brave! Lucky you!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
Hello all! We do WDW frequently, but have never been on ABD. I had been looking into ABD trips, and always thought "if only there was a trip to Scotland......" (My family is Scottish, and I was a competetive Highland dancer in my younger days, and performed with the City of Denver Pipe Band, and I once got to dance with the Fourty Twa! And it's always been my dream to dance in Scotland!) But there wasn't one, so I kept putting it off, and planning other Disney trips....

Now I see the Scotland vacation, and have been making myself sick trying to figure out how to work it in to our vacation plans, but I already have a trip to DLR planned for this Christmas , and a DCL Caribbean cruise next year , so I just don't think I can fit the (cost of the) Scotland vacation in 2013 as well. I've seen a few people mention 2014 (and even 2015) - so do you think they will continue a Scotland itinerary in 2014? That would work out perfectly, as I haven't yet committed our 2014 vacation plans, but I was afraid this would be a one time (one season--2013) thing with the Brave movie coming out..... Anyone have insight?

And Calypso726 -- Outlander is my favorite series too!!!!
Highland dancing ... that is way too cool We are only 3 hours away so we go to WDW a lot or cruise DCL, go to D23 events etc. Clearly we LOVE anything Disney, totally drank the Kool Aid One of my concerns regarding the new Scotland ABD was due to the fact I was afraid they might not offer it again or change the itinerary. It came down to how bad do I want to do this and figure out how to make it work. Would I give up 3 planned trips and utilize creative budgeting. I will reiterate what you said in the other thread, in the words of Jamie Fraser (Outlander) Jes Suis Prest (I am ready).

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhBother View Post
We're booked on the 6/30 trip. Just me and my DH. This is his Christmas present, so I have to keep everything a secret until Dec. 24!

This will be our first ABD trip. We're DVC members and love all things Disney! Can't wait to make this amazing trip.
Awesome Christmas present!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerandalexsmom View Post
Thanks. I have thought about pushing the cruise into 2014, but I would have to cancel the Christmas DLR trip too in order to make the 2013 Scotland trip work. It really is tempting...... but the shorter time span would make it more difficult, plus then I would be left without the trip I planned as a surprise Christmas present for my kids (plus, we really aren't supposed to be on vacation in December -- I had to move heaven and earth to make that happen.....so can't really back out now ) I'm really afraid I will have to take my chances on 2014 and hope they do all the cool stuff in 2014 that they have on this itinerary! Just know that I am SOOOO jealous of all of you going! (And send lots of great trip reports and photos!!!) If I can figure out how to work it out, I will be back on here with you all jumping up and down!!
I hope you are able to to join us! I am sure there will be trip reports. Feel free to PM me if you want to know what I decided to do in order to make this trip work for us. I'd be happy to share.

calypso726 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 05:48 PM   #19
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
As you can see in my siggy, we are DVC members too. Next add-on - Grand Floridian.
Have you seen the rumors about the Poly being next (after GF)? I may be tempted to pull the trigger on that. I assume we're talking 2015 or so, so I'll have plenty of time to decide
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:25 PM   #20
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Have you seen the rumors about the Poly being next (after GF)? I may be tempted to pull the trigger on that. I assume we're talking 2015 or so, so I'll have plenty of time to decide
Yup! I've heard the same rumors. I doubt we will be adding on at the Poly. I think Wally will only be willing to go for ONE monorail resort.

This might be noteworthy to the DVC members going to Scotland that may want to come in up to a week early or stay a week later. There is an exchange resort in Edinburgh through RCI, The Edinburgh Residence that would be 134 points for a week in a studio and 160 for a week in a 1 bedroom. We can't do a week early, a couple days only.

Last edited by calypso726; 05-31-2012 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 09:48 AM   #21
jjharts
Mouseketeer

Booked the June 9th trip for me, dh, and dd (14). Can't wait!!! We will be heading to London (with a day trip to Paris) afterwards...first time in the UK for us
10/2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort, 6/2014- Fantasy eastern Caribbean/Bay Lake Towers, 6/2013 - abd Scotland, 12/2012 - Grand Californian, 6/2012 - Magic (Canada), 9/2011 - Bay Lake Towers, 6/2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/Vero Beach, 4/2010 - Grand Californian/Paradise Pier/Disneyland Hotel, 12/2009 - Poly/AKL/Wonder, 6/2008 - Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom/Boardwalk, 2005 - Wilderness Lodge/Polynesian/Wonder, 2003 - Polynesian/Animal Kingdom Lodge, 1994 & 1976 - offsite
jjharts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #22
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjharts View Post
Booked the June 9th trip for me, dh, and dd (14). Can't wait!!! We will be heading to London (with a day trip to Paris) afterwards...first time in the UK for us
Weclome Jharts and congrats on booking the trip! It's going to be a blast. We go to London every other year for Thanksgiving (no family it's just a week long break for my kids and we love it) and this year we are doing a day trip to Paris for the first time. I'll let you know how it goes!
Old 06-01-2012, 01:47 PM   #23
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran

Wow, just checked the prices, and they've gone up again--over $5600 for an adult now for our date. So glad I jumped early. Wonder how full we are getting.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #24
2BNDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Wow, just checked the prices, and they've gone up again--over $5600 for an adult now for our date. So glad I jumped early. Wonder how full we are getting.
You're not kidding - these prices seem to just change without warning over the matter of a few days. I think it has changed at least 3 times already. Imagine if WDW or DL did this - like charge more in the summer or on a particular day just because people show a greater interest to go then versus another season or day. I assume they are raising the price to see how much they can get people to pay due to a large interest in Scotland, unless they did not do a thorough analysis on their own costs of the trip and have reevaluated it over the matter of a week or so. If it is the first, not a big fan of that business practice. But as they say, people can vote with their pocketbook. Trying to decide which way to go with mine now - .
WALT DISNEY WORLD - March 1987 / December 1990 / December 1991 / April 1994 / September 1994 / December 1994 / March 1996 (Disney Institute) / December 1996 (Fort Wilderness and Yacht & Beach Club) / May 2000 / October 2000 / October 2004 (Pop) / December 2006 (Pop) / November 2010 (Saratoga Springs) / May 2011 (OKW) / December 2011 (BLT) / February-March 2012 (AK) / Sept-Oct 2012 (WL/BWV) / Nov 2013 (BLT) / Jan 2014 (VGF)

-
DISNEYLAND - December 1996 / May 2013 (Paradise Pier)
-
DISNEY CRUISE LINE - 11 night Mediterranean on Magic - May 2010 / 7 night Alaska on Wonder - May 2011 / 14 night WB Transatlantic on Magic - Sept 2011 / 3 night Bahamas on Dream - December 2011 / 7 night E. Caribbean on Fantasy - Sept 2012 / 14 night Panama Canal on Wonder - May 2013 / 3 night Bahamas on Magic - Jan 2014
-
ADVENTURES BY DISNEY - Scotland - June 2013
2BNDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 09:30 PM   #25
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjharts View Post
Hi there! Welcome to the group!

Quote:
Holy Guaca-Moly! I am so glad we decided to book when we did!

Old 06-01-2012, 10:24 PM   #26
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNDisney View Post
You're not kidding - these prices seem to just change without warning over the matter of a few days. I think it has changed at least 3 times already. Imagine if WDW or DL did this - like charge more in the summer or on a particular day just because people show a greater interest to go then versus another season or day. I assume they are raising the price to see how much they can get people to pay due to a large interest in Scotland, unless they did not do a thorough analysis on their own costs of the trip and have reevaluated it over the matter of a week or so. If it is the first, not a big fan of that business practice. But as they say, people can vote with their pocketbook. Trying to decide which way to go with mine now - .
ABD will normally have a range of prices for a trip. They start out pretty close to the low end of the range, then, as the trips fill up, the prices for those departures goes up. But usually it takes weeks or months for that to happen! I don't think I've ever seen a trip fill up as quickly as this Scotland trip has! Of course, they didn't have that many departures, so that might have something to do with it.

It's an incentive to book early, as you get the lower prices if you book earlier. DCL does this also. The cruises will definitely increase in price as they sell out.

Sayhello
NOW POSTING! My DIS Unplugged London/Paris/Disneyland Paris Trip Report! (2011)
Now posting my Greek Odyssey Trip Report (2013)
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 11:45 PM   #27
jjharts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Weclome Jharts and congrats on booking the trip! It's going to be a blast. We go to London every other year for Thanksgiving (no family it's just a week long break for my kids and we love it) and this year we are doing a day trip to Paris for the first time. I'll let you know how it goes!

I'll be looking forward to hearing about your trip and getting some tips and advice from you
10/2014 - Caribbean Beach Resort, 6/2014- Fantasy eastern Caribbean/Bay Lake Towers, 6/2013 - abd Scotland, 12/2012 - Grand Californian, 6/2012 - Magic (Canada), 9/2011 - Bay Lake Towers, 6/2011 - Animal Kingdom Lodge/Vero Beach, 4/2010 - Grand Californian/Paradise Pier/Disneyland Hotel, 12/2009 - Poly/AKL/Wonder, 6/2008 - Wilderness Lodge/Animal Kingdom/Boardwalk, 2005 - Wilderness Lodge/Polynesian/Wonder, 2003 - Polynesian/Animal Kingdom Lodge, 1994 & 1976 - offsite
Old 06-01-2012, 11:50 PM   #28
jjharts
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
Hi there! Welcome to the group!

Holy Guaca-Moly! I am so glad we decided to book when we did!

EEEGADS!!! I was kicking myself for waiting until yesterday to book, now I'm just glad I didn't put it off any longer
Old 06-02-2012, 10:15 AM   #29
paddles
Mouseketeer

Hi - I've seen several of you mention doing an "Outlander" day tour before the ABD trip starts. Can you please provide more details or a link? I know my hubby and kids have no interest, but if we can arrive a day early and I can do the Outlander tour while they play in the pool (or other distraction in Edinburgh)...I would be so excited!

thanks!
paddles (aka Jamie's biggest fan )
(booked on 6/30 tour)
paddles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 12:42 PM   #30
calypso726
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddles View Post
Hi - I've seen several of you mention doing an "Outlander" day tour before the ABD trip starts. Can you please provide more details or a link? I know my hubby and kids have no interest, but if we can arrive a day early and I can do the Outlander tour while they play in the pool (or other distraction in Edinburgh)...I would be so excited!

thanks!
paddles (aka Jamie's biggest fan )
(booked on 6/30 tour)
Hi Paddles. Addicted to Outlander here and completely in love with a fictional character Jamie of course Fortunately DH doesn't mind and thinks Jamie is

The Outlander day tour is actually in Inverness <CLICKY HERE> Diana has several links to Outlander tours on her web site <CLICKY HERE>

I am not doing the Outlander tour this trip. We are coming in early for the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo and whatever else we can squeeze in. I plan to do the Outlander tour in 2014. That's when we will be doing ABD London/Paris with my parents. My mom is hooked on the series now too. 2014will be her first and probably only time she goes to Europe so I promised to take her on a pre ABD Outlander tour.

Hope this helps

Last edited by calypso726; 06-02-2012 at 12:53 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: