Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #226
calypso726
DIS Veteran
 
calypso726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
That is actually fine with me, since my family was debating using some of our pre-trip time to see Stirling. Now we will just stay in Edinburgh and make sure we hit Edinburgh Castle on our own and enjoy the private tour and farewell dinner at Stirling Castle with ABD instead. We also have tickets to the Military Tattoo, so it's all good.
It looks like we wil be doing the same thing

On another note, with the trip just around the corner I started a re-read of the Outlander series. Just want to be sure I am in the right frame of mind upon arrival
__________________

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:32 AM   #227
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 828

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
On another note, with the trip just around the corner I started a re-read of the Outlander series. Just want to be sure I am in the right frame of mind upon arrival
That will be perfect! I think I read through book 4--or book 5.
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 05-17-2013, 10:34 AM   #228
lkkinghorn
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post

It looks like we wil be doing the same thing

On another note, with the trip just around the corner I started a re-read of the Outlander series. Just want to be sure I am in the right frame of mind upon arrival
Anyone else need to update passports? We had to renew our DD12 passport. Travel dates Need to be done within 6 month before expiration date. Hers was going to expire in November. Waiting for new passport... I am glad Disney told me to update it!
lkkinghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:01 AM   #229
Calfan
DIS Veteran
 
Calfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 667

[QUOTEOn another note, with the trip just around the corner I started a re-read of the Outlander series. Just want to be sure I am in the right frame of mind upon arrival [/QUOTE]

I am almost done re-listening to Dragonfly in Amber (Book 2). Much of the latter part of the book takes place in Edinburgh, and there are lots of references to Holyrood House, the Royal Mile (with its winds and closes) and Edinburgh Castle. It has been a great lead-up to the trip.
__________________


MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:06 AM   #230
Calfan
DIS Veteran
 
Calfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 667

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkkinghorn View Post
Anyone else need to update passports? We had to renew our DD12 passport. Travel dates Need to be done within 6 month before expiration date. Hers was going to expire in November. Waiting for new passport... I am glad Disney told me to update it!
Did someone at ABD tell you this? Both of my kids have passports that expire in Dec. of this year. However, I had researched this a few months ago, and it does not appear that the U.K. is a jurisdiction that requires at least 6 months remaining on the passports. Now I am concerned...Anyone else have experience with this?
__________________


MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:21 AM   #231
DisneyKevin
Kelvis
Above the Pearls Below the Crown

Such a tease!
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 8,821
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
Did someone at ABD tell you this? Both of my kids have passports that expire in Dec. of this year. However, I had researched this a few months ago, and it does not appear that the U.K. is a jurisdiction that requires at least 6 months remaining on the passports. Now I am concerned...Anyone else have experience with this?
ABD suggests that everyone’s passport be good for 6 months after arrival.

They do this because there are Adventures that carry that requirement.

Scotland is not one of those Adventures. As long as your passport is good for the duration of your Adventure, you are fine.
__________________
DisneyKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:09 PM   #232
calypso726
DIS Veteran
 
calypso726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGirl09 View Post
That will be perfect! I think I read through book 4--or book 5.
Book 8 comes out later this year. I convinced DH to listen to the series. By the end of book 7, which ends on some cliff hangers, he ran up to me said, "OMG when is the next book coming out???!!!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
I am almost done re-listening to Dragonfly in Amber (Book 2). Much of the latter part of the book takes place in Edinburgh, and there are lots of references to Holyrood House, the Royal Mile (with its winds and closes) and Edinburgh Castle. It has been a great lead-up to the trip.
Oh that's right! I forgot about that. My re-read is actually a re-listen. I can't seem to find the time to read like I used to. Since my job requires a lot of driving I now listen to all of my books. I should be in or past Dragonfly by the time we leave if I timed things right. I just love Davina Porter narrating! She is perfect!!!!
__________________

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #233
CaliforniaGirl09
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 828

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
and there are lots of references to Holyrood House, the Royal Mile (with its winds and closes) and Edinburgh Castle.
One of the closes' is actually my son's first name. I took a great pic of it a few years back and made very cool notecards for him
CaliforniaGirl09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #234
lkkinghorn
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Boston, MA
Posts: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post

Did someone at ABD tell you this? Both of my kids have passports that expire in Dec. of this year. However, I had researched this a few months ago, and it does not appear that the U.K. is a jurisdiction that requires at least 6 months remaining on the passports. Now I am concerned...Anyone else have experience with this?
Yes, someone at ABD contacted us and had us renew her passport. Our DD's passport was to expire this November.
lkkinghorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #235
Calfan
DIS Veteran
 
Calfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 667

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726 View Post
Oh that's right! I forgot about that. My re-read is actually a re-listen. I can't seem to find the time to read like I used to. Since my job requires a lot of driving I now listen to all of my books. I should be in or past Dragonfly by the time we leave if I timed things right. I just love Davina Porter narrating! She is perfect!!!!
I got into the habit of listening to books when I had a really long commute a number of years ago (65 miles each way). Now my commute is shorter, but I still listen to books. It is much more entertaining than the radio and, like you, I have a hard time finding the time to read an actual book unless I am on vacation. You are right about Davina Porter. She is a great narrator. I have a disc and a half left of Dragonfly. Hoping to make it through at least book 3 before the trip.
__________________


MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:35 PM   #236
Calfan
DIS Veteran
 
Calfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 667

Finished Dragonfly in Amber. Starting Voyager!
__________________


MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #237
calypso726
DIS Veteran
 
calypso726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
Finished Dragonfly in Amber. Starting Voyager!
That was fast! Still on Outlander. I will probably hit Dragonfly in Amber by the end of the week.

Can't believe our Adventure is 75 days away. Je Suis Prest
__________________

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:57 PM   #238
disneydeb8
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20

in disbelief ---

I just need to announce to all that I just booked my family's
dream vacation of a lifetime!!

Scotland - Aug 2014!!

There is so much to be excited about, and this has been a long time coming for my family. But I am so overwhelmed at the idea, Im actually numb. Can anyone relate??
disneydeb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:13 PM   #239
calypso726
DIS Veteran
 
calypso726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,378

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneydeb8 View Post
I just need to announce to all that I just booked my family's
dream vacation of a lifetime!!

Scotland - Aug 2014!!

There is so much to be excited about, and this has been a long time coming for my family. But I am so overwhelmed at the idea, Im actually numb. Can anyone relate??
Congratulations and to the DISboards! Yes, I can totaly relate. That is exactly how I felt last year when booking this trip I am looking forward to trip reports from those who are traveling before we do this August. I will post a trip report on our adventure when we return.
__________________

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:13 PM   #240
disneydeb8
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 20

Thanks for the warm welcome, Terrie.

I have to say this thread has quite exceptional planners -- I am most impressed with the details of pre-trip tours, getting the absolute most out of this incredible experience!

I have been to Scotland many times as both my parents were born and raised there. This trip however, is a first for my family. My husband and i toured almost this very itinerary with my parents on our "second honeymoon" 24 years ago. Now we will finally get to retrace those steps with our 4 kids.
disneydeb8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:11 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: