Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-06-2012, 07:14 PM   #136
calypso726
DIS Veteran
 
calypso726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
770k miles since booking this trip? Wow! Would you mind sharing what blogs and forums you are following? If you don't want to post them here (or maybe you aren't allowed to?) you can PM me or send me an email at calfan2009@yahoo.com.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Me, too? I'd love it if you could PM me the links to those blogs & forums! I'm hoping to do Greece or Scotland in 2014, and I'd love to fly not-steerage!

Sayhello
E-mail and PM sent. Good luck! Don't hesitate to reach out if you need help along the way!
__________________

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:17 PM   #137
OhhBother
Mouseketeer
 
OhhBother's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Posts: 361

I'd be interested in these links too. We just booked our airfare to Scotland through AMEX, but we're going on an Antarctic cruise in 2014, and I'd love to have free airfare for that one.
OhhBother is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-06-2012, 08:42 PM   #138
calypso726
DIS Veteran
 
calypso726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,459

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhhBother View Post
I'd be interested in these links too. We just booked our airfare to Scotland through AMEX, but we're going on an Antarctic cruise in 2014, and I'd love to have free airfare for that one.
PM sent!
__________________

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 04:06 PM   #139
SingingMom
DIS Veteran
 
SingingMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,448

Quote:
Originally Posted by calypso726

PM sent!
Me too! Me too! ;-)

Renee

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
SingingMom


08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:34 PM   #140
calypso726
DIS Veteran
 
calypso726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,459

Quote:
Originally Posted by SingingMom View Post
Me too! Me too! ;-)

Renee

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
PM sent
__________________

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:47 AM   #141
LadyTrampScamp&Angel
I'm 4 resorts away from my goal of staying at every WDW resort, including DVC!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: The Beautiful Carolinas
Posts: 3,351

Quote:
Well, there are other forums, blogs, message boards dedicated to all the ways to travel free or near free. On these boards people share what airline or travel credit card bonus is worth signing up for. How to make the spend requirements without really spending as much. Which cards to keep and actually spend money with, utilizing bonus spend categories, which ones to cancel, which ones to sign up for again. Whenever there is an offer to earn bonus miles for something I find out from those forums.
Wow, that's an incredible number of miles! Would you mind sending those links to me too?

ladyandtramp@triad.rr.com

Thank you!
__________________
Disneylandmany times CA Adventure 10/07 Seaworld CA many times Disneyland Paris7/94 USF/IOAHRH 4/01,HRH 6/06,09/08, 6/10;RPH 6/12 Seaworld FL04/08,09/08KSC4/01,6/06 Offsite DVC HHI 5/03, 10/09 WDWCBR 4/92, POFQ 8/98,Polynesian LV & Homewood Suites 12/99, ASMo 1/01,AKL 4/01,ASMo & CBR 4/02,WL & CBR 6/03,Swan 8/04,Ft Wilderness Cabins 10/05,Pop Century 6/06,Buena Vista Palace, POR 6/07; Ft. Wilderness cabin, BWV & VWL - our new home 4/08; CSR & OKW 9/08, ASMusic family suite 12/08, Ft Wilderness Cabins,AKV Kidani SV & CR MK view 7/09, BC 12/09, WL & FW Cabins 6/10, AS Sports & POFQ 4/11, SSR 6/11; POR RGR & OKW 6/12, ASSP's & CSR 6/13, Aulani 7/14 DCL Disney Magic Western Caribbean 12/09, Magic Eastern Caribbean 11/10;http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...l/preshow1.jpg DS in Star Wars Pre Show http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...emberleia1.jpg My Little Leia
LadyTrampScamp&Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:27 PM   #142
calypso726
DIS Veteran
 
calypso726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,459

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTrampScamp&Angel View Post
Wow, that's an incredible number of miles! Would you mind sending those links to me too?

ladyandtramp@triad.rr.com

Thank you!
Email sent
__________________

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:33 PM   #143
LadyTrampScamp&Angel
I'm 4 resorts away from my goal of staying at every WDW resort, including DVC!
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: The Beautiful Carolinas
Posts: 3,351

Quote:
Email sent
Thank you - you rock! I really appreciate it!
__________________
Disneylandmany times CA Adventure 10/07 Seaworld CA many times Disneyland Paris7/94 USF/IOAHRH 4/01,HRH 6/06,09/08, 6/10;RPH 6/12 Seaworld FL04/08,09/08KSC4/01,6/06 Offsite DVC HHI 5/03, 10/09 WDWCBR 4/92, POFQ 8/98,Polynesian LV & Homewood Suites 12/99, ASMo 1/01,AKL 4/01,ASMo & CBR 4/02,WL & CBR 6/03,Swan 8/04,Ft Wilderness Cabins 10/05,Pop Century 6/06,Buena Vista Palace, POR 6/07; Ft. Wilderness cabin, BWV & VWL - our new home 4/08; CSR & OKW 9/08, ASMusic family suite 12/08, Ft Wilderness Cabins,AKV Kidani SV & CR MK view 7/09, BC 12/09, WL & FW Cabins 6/10, AS Sports & POFQ 4/11, SSR 6/11; POR RGR & OKW 6/12, ASSP's & CSR 6/13, Aulani 7/14 DCL Disney Magic Western Caribbean 12/09, Magic Eastern Caribbean 11/10;http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...l/preshow1.jpg DS in Star Wars Pre Show http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...emberleia1.jpg My Little Leia
LadyTrampScamp&Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:57 PM   #144
calypso726
DIS Veteran
 
calypso726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,459

For those traveling in August

Day two of the ABD itinerary has us from late afternoon on through dinner on our own. If anyone else is thinking of seeing the Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo or looking for something to do on day two, I thought I'd share the following information.

The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo in 2013 performance dates are August 2nd - August 24th. CLICKY HERE FOR WEB SITE

The tickets will go on sale December 3rd at 10 am (GMT). There is a priority booking advantage prior to December 3rd for those who join "Friends of The Royal Edinburgh Military Tattoo."

There are also VIP covered seating/dining experience packages available. If you e-mail Hospitality (on the web site) they will provide you with the information as the e-brochure is not out just yet.

Can't wait 'til next August!!!!
__________________

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 06:21 PM   #145
starry_solo
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: California
Posts: 1,657

I haven't read through this all, but whoever has been on one, how was it? And can you share pictures of the pins you got?

I want the Mulan pins myself but can't bring myself to spend that much money on an ABD to China, when I could do a Chinese tour for less.
starry_solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #146
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel
 
sayhello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 10,574
DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by starry_solo View Post
I haven't read through this all, but whoever has been on one, how was it? And can you share pictures of the pins you got?

I want the Mulan pins myself but can't bring myself to spend that much money on an ABD to China, when I could do a Chinese tour for less.
The Scotland trip is new for 2013 so no-one has been on this trip yet. I know a lot of us are eagerly awaiting the first reports on this trip next year.

Sayhello
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 10:56 PM   #147
SingingMom
DIS Veteran
 
SingingMom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 4,448

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello
The Scotland trip is new for 2013 so no-one has been on this trip yet. I know a lot of us are eagerly awaiting the first reports on this trip next year.

Sayhello
Dd and DH really want this one! I want Amalfi Coast. Will be interesting to see who "wins". Lol.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
__________________
SingingMom


08/76 Fort Wilderness, 09/85 off site, 03/87 off site, 10/91 POFQ, 9/96 Dixie Landings, 07/14-21/01 Disney Magic Cruise! 6/22-7/01/06 Dolphin, 6/22-30/07 Dolphin 6/24-7/02/08 Dolphin, 6/23-7/01/2009 Dolphin, FIVE-PEAT 6/2010 Dolphin! 5/14-21/12 ABD City of Knights & Lights, 1/8-16/13 Dolphin, 7/14-7/22/13 Once Upon a Fairytale, 1/2014 Dolphin, 7/2014 POFQ, 8/2014 Disney Aulani
SingingMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 01:46 PM   #148
Calfan
DIS Veteran
 
Calfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 739

I just started listening to Diana Gabaldon's Outlander on CD. It has been so long since I read the book that, so far, it doesn't feel like a repeat. It is definitely whetting my appetite for our trip! I hope to make it through several of the books in the series before we leave (although it is competing with the Game of Thrones books -- I am currently about two thirds of the way through book 3 but had to turn it back in to the libarary and put myself back on the hold list -- for my listening time). I don't think I ever read all of the Outlander series books, altough I read at least five or six. I can't remember how many there are in all.
__________________


MAGIC June 20-27, 2009 (Eastern Caribbean) MAGIC June 18-29, 2011 (Med) WONDER August 6-13, 2012 (Alaska) MAGIC September 7-12, 2012 (Canada) FANTASY April 13-20, 2013 (Western Caribbean) ABD Scotland: A Brave Adventure August 4-12, 2013 WONDER May 19-24, 2014 (San Diego to Vancouver) ABD Austria, Germany & Czech Republic July 5-13, 2014 DREAM November 24-28, 2014 (Bahamas) WONDER May 15-17, 2015 (San Diego) B2B with WONDER May 17-20, 2015 (Ensenada) MAGIC June 29-July 10, 2015 (North Norwegian Fjords and Iceland) B2B with MAGIC July 10-22, 2015 (Baltics) with ABD add-on
Calfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 02:27 PM   #149
2ScottishPrincesses
DIS Veteran
 
2ScottishPrincesses's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland
Posts: 1,534

Hi Folks, having just read your thread I thought I'd give you a few wee ideas for your trip. Someone asked about Stirling (sorry not so good at the multi quoting ) I would highly recommend Stirling especially if you're a fan of Mary Queen of Scots et al. Stirling Castle always has tons of activities and actors and their cafe has the best homemade soups and cakes ever. Glasgow also is fantastic (but I would say that ) tons to do for the history buffs, social butterflies and if you coming in June we have the West End Festival which boasts masses of events & the odd gala. In Inverness you should visit Castle Urquhart and there are some smashing boat trips up Loch Ness. Anyway I could blether on for ages but have a wee look at the Historic Scotland website, they own Edinburgh Castle, Stirling Castle and Castle Urquhart and they organise loads of special events throughout the year which includes Jousting in the summer. Hope this is of use to some of you and helps you to make the most of what looks like a very expensive trip
__________________
me dh dd16 dd7
2ScottishPrincesses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #150
calypso726
DIS Veteran
 
calypso726's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Florida
Posts: 3,459

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calfan View Post
I just started listening to Diana Gabaldon's Outlander on CD. It has been so long since I read the book that, so far, it doesn't feel like a repeat. It is definitely whetting my appetite for our trip! I hope to make it through several of the books in the series before we leave (although it is competing with the Game of Thrones books -- I am currently about two thirds of the way through book 3 but had to turn it back in to the libarary and put myself back on the hold list -- for my listening time). I don't think I ever read all of the Outlander series books, altough I read at least five or six. I can't remember how many there are in all.
I will be going for my re-listen on the books sometime after the new year. My DH just finished the Fiery Cross (book 5). There are currently 7 books. Number 8 is due to come out in 2013. Can't wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ScottishPrincesses View Post
Hi Folks, having just read your thread I thought I'd give you a few wee ideas for your trip. Someone asked about Stirling (sorry not so good at the multi quoting ) I would highly recommend Stirling especially if you're a fan of Mary Queen of Scots et al. Stirling Castle always has tons of activities and actors and their cafe has the best homemade soups and cakes ever. Glasgow also is fantastic (but I would say that ) tons to do for the history buffs, social butterflies and if you coming in June we have the West End Festival which boasts masses of events & the odd gala. In Inverness you should visit Castle Urquhart and there are some smashing boat trips up Loch Ness. Anyway I could blether on for ages but have a wee look at the Historic Scotland website, they own Edinburgh Castle, Stirling Castle and Castle Urquhart and they organise loads of special events throughout the year which includes Jousting in the summer. Hope this is of use to some of you and helps you to make the most of what looks like a very expensive trip
Thank you so much for sharing your insight. We will definitely be checking out your suggestions!
__________________

calypso726 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:49 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: