Adventures by Disney forums

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Adventures By Disney
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Italy & Switzerland: Alpine Magic Meets Thread

Please post here if you would like to talk with anyone else who has signed up to travel to Italy & Switzerland with ABD.

You can also share information/ask questions about the Italy & Switzerland Alpine Magic ABD.

Please try and keep this thread on topic to discussion and questions about the Italy & Switzerland ABD. Off topic posts will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
Sayhello

Roll Call:

Current

Previous
  • Jun 21 28, 2012 - Lauren (Laurenhr), husband Brian, daughters Alexa (13 1/2) & Ashley (6)
  • Jul 1 8, 2012 - tufbuf
  • Jun 9 - 16, 2013 - Mrpill & ??
  • Jun 27 - Jul 4, 2013 - vacationgrl (Rachelle) & daughter Isabelle (16)
  • Jun 29 - Jul 6, 2014 - agfam7, son (15) & daughter (13)
  • Sep 7 - 14, 2014 - sally1 & ??

Last edited by sayhello; 10-04-2014 at 09:22 PM.
sayhello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 10:46 PM   #2
Laurenhr
Earning My Ears

Smile

We are officially saying hello from New Jersey!! So excited to be leaving on our first ABD trip to Italy and Switzerland beginning June 21! There will be four of us traveling -- Brian, my husband; daughters Alexa (age 13-1/2) and Ashley (age 6) along with myself, Lauren (mom!). Looking forward to hearing from anyone joining us and getting myself motivated to begin the dreaded packing!! Ciao!
Laurenhr is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 06-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #3
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurenhr View Post
We are officially saying hello from New Jersey!! So excited to be leaving on our first ABD trip to Italy and Switzerland beginning June 21! There will be four of us traveling -- Brian, my husband; daughters Alexa (age 13-1/2) and Ashley (age 6) along with myself, Lauren (mom!). Looking forward to hearing from anyone joining us and getting myself motivated to begin the dreaded packing!! Ciao!
Welcome to the DISboards and the ABD Forum! I think this is a very intriguing looking trip! We've had some wonderful reports from it. ENJOY! And be sure & come back & tell us all about it!

Sayhello
Old 06-07-2012, 11:56 PM   #4
tufbuf
Disney Addict!

We are doing this trip after you beginning July 1st!!

ABD-2014(Ireland/Scotland),2013(CR),2012(Greece/Alpine Magic),2011 (Peru & Ecuador),2010 (SWS),2009 (CKL),2008 (VI); DCL-2007 (DW 3n),2008 (DM 7n WC),2010 (11n Med),2011 (DD 3n,7n MR,DD 4n),2012 (DFMV 7nWC,5nCan DM,5n DD),2013(3n DD,12n Med DM),2014(DD4n,DF7n NYE),DParis 09/09-WDW (Boardwalk) 12/06-DL (Grand Californian) 09/05-WDW (AK Lodge) 10/04 WDW (Coronado Springs) 06/03-DL 09/00-WDW (All Star Music) 10/98-WDW (Port Orleans) 11/97-DL Jun92
tufbuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #5
Laurenhr
Earning My Ears

Smile Hope to post photos when we return!

Hoping to write a good travel report with photos when we return!!
Laurenhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:25 PM   #6
vacationgrl
Earning My Ears

We are traveling June 21 from Pittsburgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Please post here if you would like to talk with anyone else who has signed up to travel to Italy & Switzerland with ABD in 2012/2013.

You can also share information/ask questions about the Italy & Switzerland Alpine Magic ABD.

Please try and keep this thread on topic to discussion and questions about the Italy & Switzerland ABD. Off topic posts will be deleted or moved.

Thanks!
Sayhello

Roll Call:
Jun 21 – 28, 2012 - Lauren (Laurenhr), husband Brian, daughters Alexa (13 1/2) & Ashley (6)
Jul 1 – 8, 2012 - tufbuf

We have been booked for some time but just noticed this sticky! First time ABD so didn't know about the meet thread. Two of us traveling- our summer 2013 mother daughter trip. Me- Rachelle - mother. Daughter, Isabelle -age16! Lauren, and family- are you still going? Each time I call ABD the numbers seem to decrease!
Hope we have a big enough group!
vacationgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 02:37 AM   #7
vacationgrl
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationgrl View Post

We have been booked for some time but just noticed this sticky! First time ABD so didn't know about the meet thread. Two of us traveling- our summer 2013 mother daughter trip. Me- Rachelle - mother. Daughter, Isabelle -age16! Lauren, and family- are you still going? Each time I call ABD the numbers seem to decrease!
Hope we have a big enough group!
Whoops! June 27.... Is my date.... 2013. Noticed that this thread also includes 2012! Ugh. No takers for 2013?
vacationgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #8
Mrpill
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationgrl View Post

Whoops! June 27.... Is my date.... 2013. Noticed that this thread also includes 2012! Ugh. No takers for 2013?
Hello we leave in a week! June 9th,2013. Pre night in Milan
Mrpill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:24 PM   #9
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer
Steakhouse 55 - Now that is some good dining!

I'm looking into possibly doing an Alpine Magic Adults Only trip.

I have a couple of questions for those who've done this trip before:

1) Does ABD provide an alternate activity for those that don't want to do the ziplining activity?

2) For the Cheese Fondue dinner, does the restaurant offer any alternative entrees?

Thank you!
Jason
JWren1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:14 AM   #10
Mrpill
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234 View Post
I'm looking into possibly doing an Alpine Magic Adults Only trip. I have a couple of questions for those who've done this trip before: 1) Does ABD provide an alternate activity for those that don't want to do the ziplining activity? 2) For the Cheese Fondue dinner, does the restaurant offer any alternative entrees? Thank you! Jason
you will love this trip! We had a few not do the Zipline some came to watch and another explored Zermott. They were very helpful guides as always on an ABD! We loved the Zipline and it is at your own pace with some hard courses and some easy. All have the Matterhorn in plain sight...awesome! As for the fondue restaurant I believe some did get a special menu if they chose to just ask your guide ahead of time as I believe the1st day they get orders for almost all the dinners. All in all an awesome trip!
Mrpill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:57 AM   #11
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrpill View Post
you will love this trip! We had a few not do the Zipline some came to watch and another explored Zermott. They were very helpful guides as always on an ABD! We loved the Zipline and it is at your own pace with some hard courses and some easy. All have the Matterhorn in plain sight...awesome! As for the fondue restaurant I believe some did get a special menu if they chose to just ask your guide ahead of time as I believe the1st day they get orders for almost all the dinners. All in all an awesome trip!
Thank you very much! I really appreciate it!
Jason
Old 04-06-2014, 12:17 PM   #12
sayhello
Have Camera, Will Travel

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWren1234 View Post
I'm looking into possibly doing an Alpine Magic Adults Only trip.

I have a couple of questions for those who've done this trip before:

1) Does ABD provide an alternate activity for those that don't want to do the ziplining activity?

2) For the Cheese Fondue dinner, does the restaurant offer any alternative entrees?

Thank you!
Jason
Jason! Go for the zipline! I finally got up the nerve to zipline while I was in Hawaii a couple of years ago, and once I launched off the first platform, I was OK (up until that point, I really thought I was going to have to chicken out. I thought I'd feel like I was falling, but you totally don't). If I can do it, you can, Jason!!!

Have you read the Trip Reports for this trip in our Trip Report Sticky? They really make it sound like an amazing trip!

Sayhello
Old 04-06-2014, 04:58 PM   #13
RSM
Mouseketeer

Congrats on booking and have fun. This is still our favorite ABD, and Zermatt is one of our favorite places in the world. Just a note on the zipline, it is more than ziplines. In fact, the ziplines are relatively short distances compared to some of the others you can go on. It is a zipline and ropes course. You'll cross some hanging bridges, suspended platforms, and climb some ladders. Anyways, enjoy this trip. It is awesome.
RSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:32 AM   #14
JWren1234
Disney Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayhello View Post
Jason! Go for the zipline! I finally got up the nerve to zipline while I was in Hawaii a couple of years ago, and once I launched off the first platform, I was OK (up until that point, I really thought I was going to have to chicken out. I thought I'd feel like I was falling, but you totally don't). If I can do it, you can, Jason!!!

Have you read the Trip Reports for this trip in our Trip Report Sticky? They really make it sound like an amazing trip!

Sayhello
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSM View Post
Congrats on booking and have fun. This is still our favorite ABD, and Zermatt is one of our favorite places in the world. Just a note on the zipline, it is more than ziplines. In fact, the ziplines are relatively short distances compared to some of the others you can go on. It is a zipline and ropes course. You'll cross some hanging bridges, suspended platforms, and climb some ladders. Anyways, enjoy this trip. It is awesome.
Thank you! I actually haven't booked at this point, I'm considering this trip for the future (maybe 2015)!

Jason
Old 05-07-2014, 08:32 PM   #15
sally1
Mouseketeer

Alpine Magic

We just booked our ABD Italy/Switzerland for Sept.7 This will be our second ABD.
sally1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: